Why should employers get to Fire Someone for being Socially Awkward?

People seem OK with a work environment where people must torture themselves 40 or more hours a week to meet the standard of normality and get fired once the normality mask slips off.

They bash NAFTA rightfully but they are OK with someone becoming homeless just because they can't socialize correctly.

They can fire you for almost anything except because of your race, your old age, your religion or your sexual orientation.
But if they want to fire you for any of that, they can fake some other reason.

My point is people shouldn't have go homeless just because they can't socialize. But people somehow think me thinking this is some utopian goal that won't happen.

People who cant socialize will often find themselves landing jobs that require alot of socialization. It's a strange paradox.

The only way out is to learn a trade skill.

People expect the AC guy to be a weirdo.

How autistic do you have to be to complain about something like this? Just keep your mouth shut and do your job like the other plebs.

But some things don't require lots of socialization. I can see if it's for sales or something but why can't people just be left alone in their cubicles to do work without having to worry about being fired?

An employer should be free to fire whoever he wishes for whatever reason whatsoever.

lots of people actually do that.

Also it could be a downsizing in disguise.
Rather than rock the boat, they just quietly fire the most unpopular people.

If you shut your mouth but still look weird you're not immune to this. Plus they think you're weird for not talking enough.

Imagine not being affected by most of the the problems people want to fix. But being affected by the problems almost nobody wants to fix.

How is your lack of concern for the plight of people who are socially off different from your parents when they show a lack of concern about your economic plights?

cubicles are being phased out for (((open offices))). Working in one of these would be absolute hell if your co-workers are gossipy, backstabby, one-uping brownnosers.

You're only allowed to be an absent-minded autistic professor if you've discovered or know something that offers a competitive advantage, and its impossible to find a replacement.

Otherwise, you can take your awkward, stress-inducing antics somewhere else.

I know. The workplace is being made into a hell for people who don't fit in. Oddly enough nobody wants to change it

Oh god. That looks like a nightmare. My workplace is kind of like that, but far smaller in scale. Fortunately, I get to work 90 % of the time from home.

If you think this way why should I have empathy for my normal peers when they go through financial difficulties? Why shouldn't I be self centered if the world thinks this about me?

You're such jokes. You're angry at your parents for showing you no empathy for your plight in the workplace but you show no empathy for people going through a different plight than you an even worse one.

If society doesn't have to tolerate me I don't owe it a thing.

I'm so glad I don't work in this hell. I'm a recluse but work in a office with cubicles and it's bad enough because anyone can still just walk in.

And I have a right to complain about it and protest about it.

It's an idea that works better in a college campus, not an actual place of work. I left the door to my dorm open all the time and met a lot of nice people that way.

FUCK

The only way to escape the suffering is NEETdom

t. lifetime NEET

If you get to choose who an employer works with, maybe I should be free to choose who you get to talk with.

Worked in a startup like that in Canada (was dumb and followed my gf at the time who worked at the same company, NEVER DO THAT), the place was hell on earth. Basically everything Sup Forums hates embodied. People were constantly posting articles on the Slack feed about how we need to hire exclusively trans queer women of color etc. Never been more happy to get fired desu (they were downsizing and knew I hated working there), got a severance package and didn't have to enter literal hell every day (alright we did have an espresso bar and unlimited cold brew which was pretty dope).

I agree it's a good way. Either that or creating your own business. Ironically starting your own business is the way I've seen people with poor social skills succeed.

What do you think will happen when much of the people in the business world will be the ones too socially maladjusted for the modern office?

>Extremely socially awkward
>get a job where I have to man booths at trade shows roughly once a month
>Stop being socially awkward
>Instead become jaded because half of the "industry professionals" are retarded.
It's amazing how that works out.

Or just work from home.

Also forgot to mention that the place was gossipy as hell, people got fired for it without being given a chance to defend themselves against accusations. Tons of backstabby types who cloaked themselves in "I wanna change the world" ethical consumption social justice-y veneer (I'm sure plenty of you have encountered the type). Basically an even split between those types and straight up bugpeople.

>Focusing more on socializing
>Not focusing on getting shit done

In an actual professional setting, those idiot HR SJW trash would be shitcanned for disposing of someone who just wants to work because of their fee fees.

Yield results first and foremost, socialize second.

The funny thing is they miss who the real oppressed people are. There are so many marginalized people yet everyone accepts it as normal.

MODS

It is the progressive stack, the moment a new group enters the scene, they will put their formerly defended groups lower on the totem pole.

But why should this social animal thing be accepted?

How are you different than your parents telling people to get over the economy? You are telling people to just get over social difficulty as if it's that easy.

My generation has the same lack of empathy as their parents generation did except for other subjects.

Social skills are overrated. Popular people are very often quite useless.

This looks sad, all of my coworkers have pictures of their families or plants in their cubicles, even one has a beta fish, that looks like a very cold and impersonal environment

Depends on the job. If you're working with other people you need to be able to socialize at an OK level. Why would they keep someone who's gonna make their clients or workers uncomfortable when they can just get a different person?

let us remember, before the fedora tippers have their egos stroked, that sitting at one's computer avoiding social interactions is not "self-suficient". aristotle meant even those that could entertain, intrigue, inform, and support themselves without the writings, creations, or contributions of others, which none of us are capable of in the modern world

UNles ur gone full mccandless or whatever that into the wild negroid's name was.

What's causing all of this OP? What did they do to you?

I posted this quote because it is generally true, if you can’t be social you probably won’t make it. This is also the mindset of most businesses, they plain don’t want what they think to be unsuccessful working for them. It’s not a 100% thing, but people kill themselves for not being able to be social for a reason: it’s a huge part of our society.

>Christopher Mccandless
Now that’s a blast from the past. Transcendentalism was a mistake.

employers will sometimes gravitate towards social people that they want to have a beer with, but are incompetent at their job

and the social people will use their skills to damage the reputation of the unsocial person who is far more competent at their job than the social person

Just go get tested for autism.
You will probably rank as high functioning if you can't handle social situations and have above average IQ. Tada, now you have a victim card and can sue them if they fire you for your disability.

But why does nobody have sympathy for that but everyone has sympathy for the person who is struggling from issues of being young in this time? I have issues that would be there regardless of decade I was born in but there's no sympathy.

ALL co-workers are gossipy, backstabby, one-uping brownnosers

Which winds up backfiring and causing a slow erosion or quick implosion of the workplace.

And this is why workplace bullying is on the rise. We have too much of a social and feelings obsessed culture. I was meant to be born in Generation Z or Alpha.

Unfortunately, people like to distance themselves from what they call weird or irregular behavior, and only say things “just B urself” when asked how to be more social because they cannot fathom being a little but different. Sad world, but that’s what the Albanian Bitcoin farming forum is for.

Truth

It's a survival trait. Sort of like how we have to be able to see where someone's eyes are pointed or we don't trust them.

It's natural yes but knowing most people think this why shouldn't I be selfish and want to take as much as I can for myself? People act like I'm the bad one for not giving empathy back to the world's lack of empathy.

The strongest survive.

You have to be weak to have your fee fees so hurt if someone is awkward. If nobody has empathy for the person who is different why should the different person feel empathy towards society?