Devilman

are we excited?
youtube.com/watch?v=HmOWPSc9Vv8

Other urls found in this thread:

sevenseasentertainment.com/2017/05/19/seven-seas-raises-hell-with-release-of-devilman-the-classic-collection-and-devilman-vs-hades-manga-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we
idk, why don't you go ask reddit?

No. Teaser PVs are pointless and I've never watched a Devilman anime before but I somehow doubt it'll be as enjoyable as the manga.

I WANT TO FUCK AKIRA

>flash
Into the trash it goes.

Welcome to 2 months ago

You already did, Satan.

>idk
You go with him.

Looks like edgy shit.
Sup Forums must be happy.

The Ping Pong director is taking this on btw

>are we excited?
my hype kinda died down already because I read the manga and started vs Hades and G as soon as this was announce. Luckily it'll probably go back up the closer we get to the date.

>because I read the manga
Yuasa said that Devilman is Ryo Asuka's story and Nagai agreed. I expect Crybaby to be more focused on him than the manga.

Try Cyborg 009 vs Devilman.

This seems like a good place to ask, are there any Devilman-related works worth reading besides the original manga?
I'm getting mixed opinions everywhere.

Come on you can't be this uncultured swine.

Devilman is batshit insane. It at the same time takes itself seriously and then it doesn't, in a way that is hard to do in adaptations (the OVA outside of the dub takes itself too seriously for example). As long as they manage to capture that feeling I'm happy.

If you have no problems with every single chapter having at least 1 rape scene or rape attempt, Devilman Lady is the sequel and gets just as insane near the end. Other stuff is mostly unrelated and not canon but can still be fun.

V I O L E N C E J A C K

Did you anons also hear that Seven Seas Entertainment has picked up rights to the original manga, plus Devilman vs. Hades? Totally hyped for this.

Source
sevenseasentertainment.com/2017/05/19/seven-seas-raises-hell-with-release-of-devilman-the-classic-collection-and-devilman-vs-hades-manga-series/

>flash animation
>excited

Because it is? Or at least Satan's story. Devilman Lady drops any pretense about who the MC is. Akira is just her/his love interest.

Was this in anime japan? Do you know where I can find it? I'm interested to hear what they said about it.

isn't that shit still not translated

> If we let him kill himself he wins!
Truly ahead of its time.

Devilman Lady of course.
In all seriousness I actually loved it

>flash animation
I hope you are joking, I was slightly happy because the PV didn't look like CGIshit.

There's no way Yuasa will be able to capture the gritty look in the manga since he'll be using disgusting Flash tweening.

It is Flash. Yuasa has been using bits of it in Ping Pong and his new movies feature quite a lot of Flash animation.

>Laced with drugs
>Satan is a hermaphrodite genocidal faggot
>the bad guys win

Fucking dropped then, what a shame.

>Devilman is Ryo Asuka's story
I've never really gotten that feeling. Akira is very much the protagonist. Ryo and his background provide the thrust of the plot but it's still Akira's story.

of all the things they pick devilman?

what's next, violence jack? angel cop? elfen lied?

Thanks anons. I don't mind edgy rape, I liked Elfen Lied after all.

I fucking wish flash cartoons looked as good as this does.

Why not? Devilman is a classic.

Yes

Fool. The OVAS from the eighties are the shit.

Get madder and madder.

Not rly, I much would've preferred pic related to be adapted.

As much as I enjoy Takemitsu, it's going to be rather difficult to adapt to anime properly even by Yuasa. The closest would be in the style of Princess Kaguya, but even then, there are moments here and there which might be rather awkward in anime form, like the talking animals, for example.