Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/954582534830014464
i.imgur.com/qLvrPjV.gifv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OC animation

>"op needs a bullet in the head to fix his trump derangement"
>op shoots himself
>"omg u murdered op!"

What our country really needs is blood flowing in the streets.

>Can't handle when the president is reminded of what he says
>twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/954582534830014464

Last I checked it wasn't September

>Can't handle when Schumer is reminded of what he says

This just in: Politicians are hypocritical opportunists.

What a surprise. Add that to the list of things that the guy can't get done on time.
>i.imgur.com/qLvrPjV.gifv

Just stop trying loser. Maybe you can convince a few morons at reddit that illegals are more important than americans.

>>Can't handle when the president is reminded of what he says
You're not wrong in quoting the president OP, but you forget the context. Since the left hates Trump, they forget that he said that a government shutdown was required because the government was inefficient. The left is going to assume that Trump did this on purpose.

I have two issues with you OP
1) Basic civics will tell you that Trump has 0 legislative power - he's the president and president's only have veto power in legislation.
2) Why should American citizens who follow rules, and whose families emigrated legally to the U.S., be held hostage by DACA recipients whose families never legally entered the U.S.?

If you're not a shill, tell me OP. I'm willing to be convinced.

well done

>Implying that the blame lies with Schumer for the shutdown.
Want to keep parroting easily refutable facts from your overlord?
>Implying the wall will keep illegals out
>Implying that I give a fuck about the wall
>Congress must fund my useless show of power (not Mexico) or children will not have healthcare!
Reasonable conversation. Neat.
The problem is the implication that we are being held hostage due to the 'wall' portion of the issue (see tweet, dems included funding for the wall in deal)
My problem is that the rhetoric seems to imply >'Dems are hurting children in exchange for saving illegals!'
instead of
>'GOP is refusing to sign a bill saving profitable and useful programs like CHIP because they can't get [DACA overturned/Wall funded] without holding the country hostage
Thanks.

>My problem is that the rhetoric seems to imply >'Dems are hurting children in exchange for saving illegals!'
>instead of
>>'GOP is refusing to sign a bill saving profitable and useful programs like CHIP because they can't get [DACA overturned/Wall funded] without holding the country hostage
>Thanks.
OP, I'm a moderate liberal. I didn't vote in 2016 since Bernie got cheated by the Democrats. I came to Sup Forums 4 years ago because I felt Obama increased racial tensions by talking about his son looking like Trayvon (I really felt betrayed by Obama that day).

OP, my grandparents came here from Bolivia to escape persecution during the revolution. They had a hard time coming to the U.S. -> went through multiple latin countries before entering the U.S. legally on work visas.

When you have a problem with the rhetoric 'Dems are hurting children in exchange for saving illegals!' I assure you, you are the minority.

Even though I don't support Republicans, even I can see that the Dems screwed over rule abiding citizens.

It hurts to know that Dems will throw rule abiding families like mine for DACA. Do you know why it hurts OP? Because we're pawns. Pawns in their game.

>'GOP is refusing to sign a bill saving profitable and useful programs like CHIP because they can't get [DACA overturned/Wall funded] without holding the country hostage
OP, DACA recipients are not legal immigrants.
If Republicans don't pass a bill that gives DACA amnesty, they're not wrong. Trump's base elected him to be tough on illegal immigration. That is what he's doing.

You don't realize it, but we're coming off as fools to most of the rule biding citizenry.

You keep addressing DACA, and that is fine. I'm not entirely sure I know enough about the program to be for or against it, that's why I didn't take a stand about it one way or another.
The problem I have here with your focus on DACA in regards to government shutdown due to funding is that
>Assume DACA is bad
>Why does it need to be addressed in a budget bill?
It's difficult to find someone to actually talk to, and you've managed to at least give me some information to look at.
The problem I've seen is that the common belief seems to be that "Democrats are refusing to sign funding because they want DACA sustained" but from what I can find they are simply trying to pass a 'continuing resolution' attempting to further talks on the issue. Republicans are refusing to agree to continue deliberation, and are responsible for the shutdown through that fact.
So my issue still stands. I can't really say that I support DACA, but I also can't agree that useful funding like military spending, CHIP and others should have funding cut just because politicians want to stop talking about it.

>Assume DACA is bad
DACA is legislation. It's not inherently evil. I think it's bad because my family followed the rules. I want everyone else to be held to the same standards as my family. Why is this a wrong expectation? I feel hurt that the democrats will do anything to stay in power. I thought we were a party of diversity, and now I understand that we're a party of whoever votes for us. All this stuff about diversity is just emotional pandering to get people to vote democrat.
>Why does it need to be addressed in a budget bill?
Because the democrats want it. Besides, what difference does it make? If democrats really cared about families like mine, they would have let go of DACA. Even if it's in the spending bill, they can just let it go. The fact that they didn't is what hurts me. Because now I know, my family that followed the rules is lower on the totem pole than other families who didn't follow the rules.
>Republicans are refusing to agree to continue deliberation, and are responsible for the shutdown through that fact.
The bill needs 60 votes to pass and Republicans have 51 in the senate. Even I don't think they're responsible for this shutdown.

We can speculate and discuss as much as we want about the importance, or the lack of it, of DACA.

The face is, most of America will side with Trump in 2018 because we've shown the country that we prefer to protect DACA recipients over CHIP and Military.

>others should have funding cut just because politicians want to stop talking about it.
I never voted republican because I thought they were snakes. After Bernie, I was hurt, but I didn't think the democrats were snakes. Yesterday, I realized they are. All politicians are snakes. They don't have our best interest. They will do what needs to be done to be in power.

Republicans have the upper hand because they're not supporting DACA, but the Democrats, man, it really hurt what they did yesterday.

Democrat here.

I cant defend our senators prioritizing non-citizens over citizens.

Rest assured I will not be voting these anti-American democrats anymore

But it is the case that the democrats are placing the interests of illegal aliens above those of actual US citizens.

>checks calendar
>It's not September

Checkmate Democrats.

Seems like I'm the same as you. Really no definitive alignment, other than feeling like there are a lot of people over my head that do not have the interests of the general public at stake.
I feel like I have to way for the smoke to clear, because there is a lot of pointing fingers. If it really comes down to 'we agree to do everything so long as DACA talks continue' and dems really are responsible because of DACA, then I'm jumping on your bandwagon.
I guess my political views line up with the Dems pretty often, but if this DACA thing is being put before American citizens, then yeah.
Color me pissed.
Thanks for actually talking to me about it.

>Democrat here.
>I cant defend our senators prioritizing non-citizens over citizens.
>Rest assured I will not be voting these anti-American democrats anymore
You're from Malaysia. What the fuck are you talking about?

Trump is a baffoon, a conman, and above all else, an "actor". He is a man of sheer luck, not a man of consequence or tribulation. Only a naive child could find satiation from this carnival clown and his antics.

>Yesterday, I realized they are. All politicians are snakes.

Your eyes are now open. Welcome to reality. R vs. D is just a side show they use to distract us from thief with his hand in our pocket.

>Thanks for actually talking to me about it.
Thanks you too. I've been wanting to get this off my chest as well. Sup Forums is NazBol but the NatSoc LARPers keep ruining it for all us moderates on Sup Forums with their over the top shilling.

Wow xenophobic much? I voted democrat in 2016 but I regret doing so because this government shutdown has shown that the democrat party no longer supports
me (military) and children. My well-being is jeopardized because democrats care more about immigrants than me.

Bipartisan Flake and Graham.

>democrats care more about immigrants than me
They don't actually care about them either. They just want votes.

im xenophobic for the +20 border range

What really gets you deep down though is that he did become POTUS, is a billionaire and has a hot wife. You would probably be exceedingly lucky to to date a good looking woman let alone marry one. Whether you like the guy or not he has been and will be more successful than 99.999% of the population and that includes you just as much as me.