Koe no Katachi

This is the magnum opus of Kyoto Animation

And I'm saying this as a Kyoanifag since the days of Munto

Are you talking about the animation itself or the movie as a whole, because the movie as a whole was a 7 and that me being nice.
You didn't read the manga did you.
Also we already have a thread going, learn how to use catalog stickies.

Disappearance is still the best thing they've made and likely will be for a long time.
Tamako Love Story is better than this melodrama garbage, too, as are a good handful of Kyoani's TV series.

Filtered

My entire night is ruined.

Easily the best Kyoani movie. horoohi tards on suicide watch.

It's really good, constantly been on my mind since it came out.

Haruhi is a better adaptation. This is a better movie.

Haruhi has always been bad, glad more people are seeing it for what it is.

>tfw GodAni will continue making great movies for decades to come

it's not april fools anymore

You tried.

Yamada is KyoAni's best personnel but K-on!! is her magnum opus

>GOD Tier
K-on

>Top tier
Haruhi
Tomato Market
Hyouka
Hibike
KnK (barely)

I'm glad the "muh haroohi" landwhales got btfo by based Yamada.

B L A C K E D

There's already a thread up, mate. No need to make another.

thats a spic

Koe no Katachi > Hyouka > K-On!! > Tamako Love Story > Nichijou > Disappearance > Hibike

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a name when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your name when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a name when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

bretty good

What is this, animation?

No way. Koe no Katachi is the better adaptation because it restructures itself and focuses on the sensory experience (how things look, sound and feel) above all else to give tangible meaning to its title,The Shape of Voice. It's not meant to be easily understood (what it means) and character motivations are expressed through shot composition and imagery and many distanciation techniques (time jumps with hints meant to be inferred, untranslated sign language) are used. All of the film's meaning is derived from little details that you have to pay attention to. This makes the viewer understand Shouko's POV and how she has to put serious effort in order to notice and understand things. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise.

(not him) If I were doing animation I'd say
Disappearance > Nichijou > K-on! (for character animation) > Love Story > Hibike > Hyouka > KnK (character designs are kind of bloated desu desu sempai)

Why do you have a name?

Fuck off

This is terrible. Reminder to never use KnK as an abbreviation because Kyoukai no Kanata exists.

>animation
Nichijou > Hyouka > K-On > Disappearance > Koe no Katachi > Tamako Love Story > Hibike

>directing and storyboard
Koe no Katachi > Hyouka > Tamako Love Story > K-On > Disappearance > Nichijou > Hibike

This is a better list. I think Hyouka's too high in the animation list though.

>Hibike animation
>Bad

off youreself

H U E D

All of them have way too much hair detail.

hyouka's very experimental and bounces around different styles but some of those scenes are absolutely beautiful

The direction is amazing but the majority of each episode is static shots and it doesn't have the fluidity of nichijou's animation

>too much
Cute hair is a signature KyoAni style.

Memehair studio.

Somebody watched Munto? This is news to me.

Was it any good?

Yuzuru is still best girl.

>this muh manga shit again
Fuck off you autists.

>Tamako Love Story is better
No.

What's the best release as of now?

Here's something I don't get: couldn't they get someone to write some proper English?
>a point of the light
and
>the shape of voice
is broken English. A point of which light? What is the light? Using a definite article here makes no sense. And "the shape of voice" is ungrammatical garbage. It's either "the shape of a voice" or "the shape of voices" if you want to be more abstract with the metaphor (with the meaning "the shape of the thing called voice").

Fucking this.
Talentless hacks like KnK's author should be grateful thet GodAni decided to pick their shitty excuse of manga and adapt it into something decent and associated with them. An amount of KnK anime threads and lack of KnK manga threads speaks for itself.

Stop falseflagging, you're way too obvious.

He is right though, no one cares about the manga.

I see a lot of myself in Pedro.

Yeah, writing stuff like "the shape of voice" is like saying "the sound of car" or "the taste of peanut". A "point of the light" is not incorrect, just odd/non-standard use.

That's because it has a shitty ending.
But so does the movie.
The threads about the movie will die just as fast as the manga threads did.

>157481347
Don't give the fag (you)s.

a monkey

nigger

BRA71L
R
A
L

Not even top 5

which one to download?

Do we have to hold your hand for everything ?

The M2TS RAW, clearly that's the highest quality.

Because he owns the sight.

Disappearance is not even Takemoto's best, let alone KyoAni's.

Swap K-ON with Hyouka and we're good

>[Cleo] Koe no Katachi | A Silent Voice, The Shape of Voice [10bit BD1080p][HEVC-x265]

Is this still a machine translation?

>HEVC-x265
well meme'd

No, You fuck off

She looks like Misaka wtf.

Kill yourself shit stain

The movie is just most of the key scenes of the manga poorly stitched one after the other, with nothing keeping them together.
All the missing interactions and characterization make the drama fall flat, and what is left is a rushed, bloated mess with too many characters with no purpose that never have time to breathe and too many plot points to rush through.
KnK is the perfect example of how NOT to make an adaption, any half capable screenwriter would have cut all the fluff and completely reworked the script into something functional. But what can you expect from Kyoani's writers?
If this was Yamada's attempt at being taken seriously as a "real" flim director, the result is just pathetic. Even Your Name in its mediocrity is a far more competently put together movie.

Where's teh upboat button when I need it XD. Can you at least link me to your blog Mr Chinese Cartoon Critic.

Why?

The manga certainly wasn't anything groundbreaking, how could kyoani improve that?

The Shape of Voice is by far the best title. The other options have a plural and singular meaning whereas this one implies universality and thematically fits more.

HDChina is machine translated. Pretty certain pls is the best one until we get official subs tomorrow.

It's one and only decent KyoAni works I've seen so far. Notable offendrs being Kyoukai no Kanata and Tamako Market both dropped after about 10 minutes of watching.