O my rubber nen was fine

O my rubber nen was fine

This shit right here was fucking retarded as fuck and came outta nowhere.

What the hell was Togashi thinking?

Shut up hxh is perfect reeee

Now that we all know Hisoka is fodder garbage

who would win between Kuroro and Illumi?

>O my rubber nen was fine
stopped reading there. you're fucking pathetic dude, get it together

Probably still Chrollo, but it'd be close.

>O my rubber nen was fine
It's not.

But left caused the beat down of the stupid cat so it was acceptable.

Gon shouldn't of been healed and stayed a crippled for life, he deserves it for killing best girl.

Gon's use of his Nen was totally fine on multiple levels.

>Under the right conditions nen can give great power with great restrictions

Gon paid a price and got a fuckton of power temporarily for it. It was also a great way to show how much Kite meant to him.

It also helped that Meruem wasn't actually defeated by Gon's powerup, which actually had fuckall to do with it. Gon got revenge, but didn't wrap up the entire arc by himself.

>Alluka

Yeah, the entire arc is a mess. They set up all these complex rules and regulations for the power to explain why this character hasn't been relevant before and hype up the cost that will potentially have to be paid, and then they give Killua the ability to ignore all of them so the arc resolves with no real tension beyond the phantom "But now Illumi will hunt Killua down" which we know means basically fucking nothing.

>O my rubber nen was fine.

I disagree. It was a very sloppy way to wrap up the fight. Would have been smarter to have Hisoka use his powers to feign his own death or something instead (e.g. binding his heart and lungs to silence them until he lost consciousness) instead.

Instead Hisoka gets a bullshit powerup after surviving a period of death that should have left him brain damaged if not completely impossible to resuscitate.

pitou was a total bitch though
also it's male

>surviving a period of death that should have left him brain damaged
last time i checked HxH humans have very little to do with real humin beans

>came out of nowhere
speed reader who can't into foreshadowing

Why is gon the most bland character in his series?

He's wild and can't be contained. The opposite of bland.

>foreshadowing

Yes because Alluka was hinted at plenty of times before gon's near death state durrr

Togashi is a hack, simple as that. No a single arc/mini arc in HxH ended in a satisfying way, having to rely on asspulls half of the time.

Gon's a fucking murderer.

She was to good for this world user. I was hoping that maybe, Gon will convince her to not kill anyone but I knew I was just lying to myself.

Chrollo only won because Hisoka wanted a challenge and left him months to prepare everything while going in like a cocky retard. The guy could not even kill him with his "there's a 100% chance that you will die" bullshit plan and even ended up losing two friends. And many more friends will die if Togashi continues. I don't know how more delusional can you get.

>contradicting yourself in the same post

The only asspull was Meruem starting to care for humans. That is not a human trait so it shouldn't have been part of his mind at his birth; that made him a shitty villain.

I believe you lack reading comprehension capabilities user. Where's the contradiction?

?

>Chrollo only won
>The guy could not kill him
>ButHisokaLostGuys!

Hisokafags are brain damaged, more news at 11.

Chrollo won the fight, since Hisoka was pronounced "dead". But he ended up not being truly dead because Chrollo was careless. I'm beginning to think that you are autistic for real, I'm sorry I was rude to you if that's the case.

>longer hair+taller than the flashback in Election
Why did they take demon-child outside for a family photo?

No one won the fight. The referee died, so no verdict could be officially registered.

Chrollo killed him, though.

Hisoka was not merely pronounced "dead", he actually died. Hisoka even made his ability work only after his death. Simply put, Chrollo killed Hisoka and Hisoka was truly dead.

Togashi confirmed Hisoka lost. It was a deathmatch and Hisoka died.

Given how Zeno and Silva praised Chrollo back when he didn't have the bookmark, it isn't unreasonable to assume that Chrollo is stronger than Illumi now.

>469 posts of Hisokafag sperging out over objectivity once again incoming

>Gon power up
Worked within the confines of preestablished nen rules. Gon got an absurd power up and was restricted/punished accordingly.

>Alluka
Yeah, I'm not a fan of how this was handled. If Alluka is demonstrated to be related to the dark continent and her fundamental nature expounded upon, some level of plausibility is perhaps salvageable.

>O my rubber nen
Same as Gon powerup, with exception being the length of time spent without oxygen and heart function. Then again Hisoka is more or less superhuman by real life standards even without nen, and David Blaine was able to hold his breath in an underwater tank for 17 minutes.

Why doesn't that look like Alluka at all?

We'll never know because Togashi is going to die before we find out.

The same reason most of Togashi's characters don't look the same as their first appearance?

>David Blaine was able to hold his breath in an underwater tank for 17 minutes.
His heart was still pumping the oxygen remaining in his blood throughout his body. It actually takes a while to deplete even if you're not breathing.

Hisoka's heart was stopped, which meant there was ZERO circulation and no oxygen supplied whatsoever. He should be brain-damaged as shit, in addition to having infracted heart tissue (which cannot just be easily healed away).

This. People need to remember that Togashi pulled even worse shit in YYH, this is nothing new.

That said, as dumb as the Gon-san/Alluka development was, at least it ended the fucking Ant Arc finally. It really had run on far too long.

Should be seeing redesigns again when the manga comes back.

buckets

Chrollo cheated mate

no u

It'll depend on whether Illumi could get a needle into Chrollo's head before Chrollo counters him with a Skill hunter ability. They probably have similar strength since they both have low enhancement affinity, but I'd wager Chrollo has more hand-to-hand experience, since he could hold his own against Hisoka, who is physically stronger with better enhancement.
With Kortopi and Shalnark's deaths he'd find it harder to counter Illumi's needlemen with equal numbers since order stamp only works with corpses and he can't create corpses with gallery fake anymore. If they fight in a crowded area then a likely scenario would be Chrollo using convert hands to bait Illumi into attacking and then using sun-and-moon to blow him up.

I'd wager on Chrollo winning.

Nanika might be the most "pussy out" moment in the story of anime and manga, way to totally shit in your biggest arc after working so hard on it.

This is the same universe where 10 year olds who can't use nen are able to deadlift 4 tons and run for 40 miles without getting tired. Normal humans can go around 5 minutes with their heart stopped before they start getting permanent brain damage, so it it really that much of a stretch to think superhuman HxH humans can last 10-15?

>Hating Alluka and Nanika
OP for shit taste

>girl

>Altruism is not a human trait.

Please, just stop posting altogether

I think you might be legitimately brain damaged or probably 13.

Hisoka and the rest of them are physiologically abnormal compared to ordinary humans. That was clear in the first arc. People can't read

Does anyone feel that the Nen shit is tacked on later? With the exam arc, there's absolutely no indication of Nen whatsoever.

It's crazy to think that Killua wouldn't know anything about Nen and had to learn it together with Gon after the Hunter Exam arc

So people can normally can toss playing cards as if they were blades?

If Killua was more cooperative and willingly to take over the family business he probably would of been taught nen. They probably have a coming of age thing when they get taught it after being a good boy killing everyone they've been told to kill.

Fuck Gon, that piece of shit had no right to kill her especially when he was let way worse people get away with their crimes. Pitou deserved better and could of redeemed herself like all other ants that sided with humanity.

How come Gon was the only one who traded his life for a short uber nen power up?

There were plenty of other hunters and fighters who had no chance whatsoever and they knew it. They would have died either way so why didn't they go for the tradeoff for nen power like Gon did?

Is Gon the only one able to accomplish this? Kiulla has something different but kind fo similar thing going on with his chains where he can't use them on others outside the ryodan

Because muh limitless potential. He actually had a resource to pull from, most people don't, especially grown hunters who had already reached their potential.
I mean yes it was foreshadowed throughout the series but that doesn't make the basic concept any less contrived.

I thought swamp algae in the fight against Rando was Yusuke's "Rubber Nen" moment.

In that situation most people would strive to live, not commit suicide.

Leoreo deserves to be the MC now, I'm sick of him being treated like a side character.

Im sure he will get his own arc, as little as it might be, but it will probably take years for this one to finish.

>came outta nowhere.

Illumi - Mizuki - Killua - ??? - Kalluto

It was always hinted that there was a missing Zoldyck brother

O

MY

RUBBER

He was MC in the election

What's the status of this? Is it still two chapters per year or is it safe to start reading again?

NEN

The last chapter was june last year i think.

Nah, he was Ging dark horse candidate. Though now that he's a Zodiac and he can use his bluffing and negotiating abilities, I expect some focus on him. Not much, because this arc is never going to be finished, but something at least.

>zoro's hair
Why must you do this?

>implying HxH isnt a series tailor-made for making up rules and powers as you go along

The last 1-2 letters of each character's name is the first 1-2 letters of the brother that comes after.

The "Mi" in Illumi is for Milluki

The "Ki" is for Killua

The "A" is for Alluka

And the "Ka" is for Kalluto

Togashi has put time into introducing this character. And with the introduction of Nanika comes the Dark Continent.

Everything that has happened happens for a reason.

Killua has just as much potential as Gon as stated by Wing.

But it takes a certain kind of person to go to such lengths to do what Gon did, if they were in his shoes. Most people aren't insane.

I preferred the feel of the Hunter Exam arc where things felt "grounded"

Not a big fan of Nen desu

>way worse people
Who else systematically slaughtered millions of innocent civilians?
Pitou had the highest body count by far, she was the least redeemable.

>boy (female)

>two chapters per year
I fucking wish. It's been over a year and still nothing. The hiatus before the current one was almost 3 years.

Marimo

Genthru and his buddies are still out there blowing up people for fun, also if anyone the Phantom Troupe as a whole have the highest body count. Kirapika isn't even trying to stop them anymore and Hisoka now has to take over Kirapika's job to take down those murderous spiders.

Genthru blew up people specifically to decrease the number of people to collect more cards. His methods were immoral but it broke no rules. That doesn't mean go goes off killing people left and right.

All three were ok in concept but didn't work because of some details in the execution:
>Rubber Nen
Nen staying active after death was established and made sense. The issue is that Hisoka died of asphyxia, which means that his brain was already dying before his heart stopped, and the Nen kicked in about 30 minutes after death, meaning that Hisoka's blood would have begun coagulating by the time his heart restarted.

>Gon-san
The logic behind the power up makes perfect sense in Nen rules, but Gon gained too much from it. Gon should have become powerful enough to barely kill a surprised/distracted Pitou, not enough to be a threat to Meruem.

>Alluka
This one actually has three issues, so it is the biggest asspull in the series:
Alluka is far too powerful and her existence was far too convenient. Having a wish machine in your basement is too convenient even if it is a shitty wish machine.
The whole season is used to set up the drawback of Alluka's power, and it was a drawback that could have been exploited somehow. Going with "Oh, Killua doesn't have to pay for his wishes" because Alluka loves him was disappointing.
Gon was healed without visible consequences. Yeah, he loses his Nen. The NEXT story arc.

Where did you get this timeframe of 30 minutes?
Judging by Hisoka's comment about the paramedics coming in 10 minutes which was at least a few minutes before the explosion and the newscaster mentioning that the explosion happened moments earlier, the streets were littered with ambulances, 30 minutes is a stretch.

You are taking Pitou's comment about Gon being a threat to the king to literally. Pitou treats anyone of considerable strength to be a threat to the King. The same applied to Netero.

What's this idea about it being to convenient. The way it's been explained and with the nature of Nanika's existence, it makes perfect sense as to why she was locked away due to the risk of the backlash could kill of the family.

And Killua being immune to the wishes isn't that much of a problem because we know Killua's character enough that he wouldn't abuse Nanika's wishes, even if his life were in danger. Plus, the full scope of Nanika's nature and abilities are going to be explored this arc.

And that stuff about Gon doesn't make any sense. How does he lose his nen the next arc? You just didn't see him attempt to use his nen when he woke. It gets revealed later that "returning to normal" means he reverts back to how he was at the beginning of the story.

best girl

O MY RUBBER NEN

I can't wait for Hisoka to kill all the others and Hisoka just says fuck my pride and asks Pika to help him off Chrollo.
Then Hisoka takes a mutilated Machi and proceeds to rape her on top Chrollo's lifeless body.

>shorts under skirt

Hisoka will just one shot Chrollo by ambushing him after all the other spiders are dead

BAKA

Is Hisoka objectively one of the biggest pushovers in the entirety of HxH? Let's see

>Kills a bunch of worthless trash during Hunter Exam
>Defeats an incompetent Nen user during Heavens Arena arc
>beats and/or scares the shit outta 2 kids and a loudmouthed teen
>plays a dodgeball game in Greed Island arc, then fucks off to chase Chrollo
>doesn't show up during Chimera Ants arc, which is quite odd given how the events of that arc offered numerous opportunities to fight extremely powerful enemies
>kills a shitty butler during Election arc
>chickens out when Illumi gets visibly angry at him
>makes convenient excuses not to fight the Zodiacs
>gets LITERALLY blown the fuck out by Chrollo in a deathmatch with no rules
>kills two physically weakest PT members when they didn't have access to their Hatsu because SALT

...wew

I don't get why he only goes for people weaker than him

>Pitou had the highest body count by far, she was the least redeemable.
So Killua should be dead by this point as well? Fuck off.
>You are taking Pitou's comment about Gon being a threat to the king to literally.
She literally said his strength was equal to the King's, pay attention for fuck's sake.
>The way it's been explained and with the nature of Nanika's existence, it makes perfect sense as to why she was locked away due to the risk of the backlash could kill of the family.
He IS the problem you dipshit, his powers are just so fucking stupid that it breaks the whole power system Togashi has been building this whole time. The main character had to beat the ridiculously strong villain and suffered the consequences for that, but since he's still the main character he has to come back at some point, that's totally fine, but how does he come back? "fuck it this one other faggot can grant wishes and shit he'll fix him, oh dun worry i'll put some dumb restrictions that of course one of the main characters can skip so it doesn't sound that powerful at first regardless of it breaking the whole fucking point behind nen"
>Plus, the full scope of Nanika's nature and abilities are going to be explored this arc.
Wanna bet?

>She literally said his strength was equal to the King's, pay attention for fuck's sake.
But that's wrong you animeonlyfag. Damn you are stupid.

>Wanna bet?
Nanika is confirmed to be an Ai.

My proposal is stands.
Your argument being...?

>She literally said his strength was equal to the King's, pay attention for fuck's sake
Are you stupid?

She only says "his abilities (fangs) can now reach the king"
Which is nothing close to saying Gon's strength is equal to Meruem.

I thought it was implied that he does this because he has a huge complex about "being the strongest"