Is gender actually a social construct?

The SJW pushing this agenda.
The university's pushing it.
The whole mainstream strating to push it.

And what it seems to me that people are slowly buying it. Could it be than if you push it hard enough the gender bender narrative, people will accept it. Be any gender at any time is social construct in that sense.
So could it be that the SWJ narrative is right? Push a social construct hard enough and that becomes the norm? Is traditional genders is just a social construct of the old?
If they are wrong than we should be worried their bullshit, but we are worried. Could be because the perception of gender can be changed ?

>Could be because the perception of gender can be changed ?
It can be changed but that doesn't mean that it's not a terrible thing to do. As people become increasingly androgynous men and women become less attractive to each other. Women are encouraged to pursue careers and this often means that they don't have children, which makes them unhappy. The breakdown of marriage has led to an increased number of male virgins who want to destroy rather than protect their societies.
Traditional gender roles are good both for men and women and for society as a whole.

>It can be changed but that doesn't mean that it's not a terrible thing to do
It doesn't mean that it is either.

The gender issue is the "2+2=5" moment in our current Orwellian dystopia.

Gander
The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

The word gender is marxist subversive doublespeak semantics.

'Sex' is a real word with real meaning.
Either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

I'd suppose so, I mean the ideology IS a social constructin itself. But does that make it scientifically correct or ethical no matter how popular?

The answer is no user, not in the slightest fucking bit..

Op is a faggot

Any social construct is informed by biology.

It's all part of the Chinese plan to take over the world.

Are the Chinese the real Jews?

Wtf does that even mean. If anything biology informs us about 2 genders and how nature designed humans to reproduce.

Fucking NO!

just because you can convince people that it's true, doesn't mean it's actually true

Gender is literally just a synonym for sex, this whole subversion of separating it from sex and then claiming that st it's meaningless, of course the sjw idea of gender is bullshit, because they've turned the word into a straw man.

Came here to post this. Even cancerous leftism is just weak genes trying to create an environment they can survive in.

Its a social construct with biological foundations. Its a manifestation of biology.
This is why a genderless society has never and will never exist.

The two genders are transcendent, or divine, or they exist in the "idea world", whatever term you prefer. As above, so below. Act like a faggot, you turn into a faggot, for proof look at the soyboy phenomenon.

I really wish i could make people understand this concept of spirituality, and the interconnection of a persons spirit with their physical body but it is very hard because of the current cultural and linguistic climate of our society...

For example, science has proven that flexing your biceps regularly (you know the dominant pose where you show off your arms) increases your testosterone levels. It is your masculine behavior that increases your testosterone, it is not testosterone that increases your masculinity. Please try to understand. As above, so below.

Sadly it's a trend and there's hardly anything you or I can do about it.
Ever think about what old arabic scientists think when they look at the current arab world? Do the founding fathers look in shame and disgust as americans do everything they warned them off? Vikings would go back in their tomb if they saw the current state of Norway and Sweden.
World change, sometimes for good, but no this time. People stopped promoting truth to promote niceness and acceptance, your choice to think it's a good or a bad thing.

The foundation of gender is NOT biological, it is divine. Biological gender is earthly, temporal, and conditioned. Divine gender is heavenly, eternal, and conditioNING. I hope this brings you (the reader) closer to truth.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that this problem will resolve itself naturally within one generation.... SJWs forget that you need to reproduce. This ideology will die when they die and we will never speak of it again

So why gender exists if everyone can be everything?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

-Romans 6:23

no. unless you're mentally ill, your gender matches your chromosomes
any other question?

Sex is NOT a social construct, Gender is.
However the majority of people's gender identity fall in line with their biological sex.
Just be yourself, don't let anyone fucking brainwash you or fuck with your head. Go out and have a healthy sexual relationship in a heterosexual manner before making decisions that will affect the rest of your life, which may be shortened by poor choices in this regard.
Don't be a whore no matter where you fall.

You have a special nature, that is part of you since the day of your birth, until the day you die. In a way, God has a special path planned for you, and what you should do is try and live your life according to God's plan.

So for example if you are born as a woman, then God's plan for you is to fully realize your womanly nature by living life in a feminine fashion, by being the womanly possible version of yourself. If you try to be a man, you are straying from God's plan, this is sin, and leads to death.

I'm not really a Christian, but i am employing the Christian doctrine right now to try and explain metaphysical truth.

Gender, no.
Gender identity, eh probably.

how can anyone argue this position is really beyond me.
Your genderless society will just breed itself out of existance in just one generation.

Anyone else having trouble posting a new thread?

Thanks,
Matt

Gender roles are a social construct. This doesn’t mean they are random or ill-informed. They are primarily natural inclination and biological necessity.
If you are a girl that wants to play UFC, go nuts; but most men will crush you in a street fight where there are no rules.
If you are a boy and want to wear a dress and make scrapbooks, have at it; but this doesn’t mean you are a girl you are just a weird boy.

yeah me too

Gender is a social construct that's inevitably created in every culture because of driving biological forces.

Think about it. Gender is how you act and present yourself. Males have higher testosterone, which results in traits like intensity, focus, and aggression. Cognitively, they think more linearly and logically.

Women have lower testosterone and higher estrogen. Where men have more centralized gray matter activity, women have more generalized white matter activity. This means a greater ability to multitask, as well as stronger social perceptions (empathy, reading body language).

Males are attracted to femininity - nurturing personalities, physical presentation. Women are attracted to masculinity - strength, status, ambition, protectiveness.

Based on all this, you can easily predict how they will act, based on both the aforementioned traits, as well as what each other are attracted to: men try to act dominant and assume leadership roles, while women act as nurturers.

Around 3% of the population is probably gay or bisexual, and around 1 in 1000 suffers from gender dysphoria. This doesn't undermine the link between gender and sex; that would be like saying that because some people are born deaf, then hearing isn't necessarily a human feature. It's ridiculous. Everything in biology has mutations and defects.

>2 genders

There's four
>masculine (nouns whose referent is male
>feminine (nouns whose referent is female
>common (nouns whose referent is a mixed group of males and female)
>neuter (nouns with non-biological referents)

You're thinking of (biological) sex
>male
>female

Please just fucking kill yourself already.

>Biological gender
That's like linguistic sex (i. e., non-existent)

>Kön: sex
>grammatiskt kön: gender

Shove your appropriated communist propaganda term, "gender" up your arse.

You're speaking of language and biology. I am speaking of metaphysics, which transcends both. Language and biology are both earthly, conditioned elements, contingent on metaphysics.

Gender is a synonym for sex.
Woman: Lack of the SRY gene.
Man: Presence of the SRY gene.

Never give them ground by claiming different.

Look down the front of your pants, faggot.

Gender is a social construct which is why men, superior in all things, make the best women. CIS women are the root of all modern problems and should be sidelined as tech makes them unnecessary for reproduction and genetic engineering produces only Chads and Twinks in 50/50 ratio so everyone gets a mate. Genetics can cleanly eliminate the fat, the ugly, the stupid etc by not replacing them. End game, Sparta without bitches.

this is powerful

Most concepts developed by humanity are 'social constructs'. The strength and validity of the concept depends on the framework or classification system used to establish that construct.

For instance, take the biological taxonomic hierarchy. If you follow the rules of this framework, with near absolute accuracy you can categorise living organisms. You can reject the framework or criticise it, but if you use it and follow its rules, a person cannot deny that when those rules are in effect, the system is objective. While slightly less accurate, one can also set up a framework for determining whether a brain is male or female, if I taught you this framework and gave you some brains to classify, you’d be able to do it with great accuracy.

The more consistent the metrics for the framework, the better and more useful the social construct.

If you define masculinity as activities where the participants are overwhelmingly male and femininity as activities where the participants are overwhelmingly female and limit this to a country or set of countries (the west), using survey data and other data on male and female interests, you'll be able to classify certain activities based on this framework. Notice this framework doesn’t prevent a woman from participating in a masculine activity or vice versa. If I were to start using a lip plate to stretch my lips, I’d be able to do this activity while still saying it’s an Ethiopian activity under a similar framework.

What the feminists describe as gender is nothing but a weigh up of how many masculine activities one participates in compared to how many feminine activities one participates in. The majority determines what gender you are in their eyes. This is why they say a boy playing with a doll and wearing a tutu is transgender. Their entire diagnosis is based merely off participating in these activities. Then they spread this nonsense to kids that if you like these then you are a girl.

>why be a cunt when you could be in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning dick?

Well written britbong

They shit all over the idea of transgender being someone born in the wrong body because they associate sex/gender identity with the desire/enjoyment/participation in activities.

When they suggest that representation in certain classes/fields in schools for example are because there are biases in how those things are marketed towards boys and girls you get to the point where your innate sexual preference and identity is imposed on you.

I.E. Math is seen as a masculine activity only because girls are discouraged but participation in masculine activities are what suggest your gender/sex identity.

You'd think they'd distinguish between say transsexuals: people who believe they were born in the wrong body; and transgender: people who have a preference for the activities more associated with the other sex. Instead, they treat them as one in the same and even push for the latter category to go on hormone therapy and to transition.

The transitioned transsexuals self-harm and are suicidal in high numbers and they felt they were in the wrong body. The rates of self-harm and suicide among the transgender category is probably going to dwarf these rates if enough of them start transitioning.