Tiny houses

What's /pol's opinion on the tiny mobile home movement?

I'm seriously considering building a cheap and lightweight house with an off grid system and gtfo of this shithole country.

I'm gonna stuff my wife and kid into one of these and go live debt free in a warmer climate where we can start a homestead together with other like-minded racist hippies.

I know people like the idea of owning property and I did too, but now I find a mobile solution much more interesting and adventurous.

What are your thoughts?

I believe that in the near future there will be a boom in small, mobile housing and communities will start forming all around in the west when the (((housing market))) no longer can sustain itself.
Living like this has a certain stigma attached to it and most people doing so would be considered drop outs, but if alternative life styles centred around living (((debt)))-free would catch on I think that tiny houses would quickly be hyper taxed or made illegal. It hurts the eternal one.

In a tiny house it would of course be best to be able to work from home in order to fully enjoy the mobility.
Even so, finding a job to sustain a cheap ass lifestyle in a mobile home ought to be EASIER than if you're stuck on a property or in an apartment complex.

Also, I know this is relatively big in the USA if I'm not mistaken, but in Europe this still hasn't really caught on yet so.. Interesting times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYcL2fm-510&
youtube.com/watch?v=9QNPB9naZQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And it looks cozy as fuck!

Great for weekend houses. Not great for raising kids.

It would be nice as a comfy second house

timy homes work great if you leave a section to build onto later if you plan on it, sadly it's hipster faggots who ruin the community and give it a bad name.

Looks fucking retarded.

Take a shit 3 ft away from where you prepare food.

Fuck your wife 3 ft away from where your kids are.

If you wanna torture yourself go ahead.

Of course, living in a cold climate one is dependent on many rooms and ample space.

Cuck shed

Good point.

KEKSHED
U
C
K
S
H
E
D

If you want to be a minimalist and NO children.....as soon as the rugrats start coming you'll see it is not such a utopia.......

>start a homestead together with other like-minded racist hippies.

Move north, Im already doing it.

I legit live in a shipping container OP. 20ft.
Works okay for a bedroom, but fuck trying to contain a portable "house" in something that small.
Agree with other posters here - tiny houses are mostly hipster faggotry.
Buy land and travel with a caravan or something.

They're for singles and childless couples, the less of them the better.

pretty fucking gay desu

I reckon they're great and my partner and me are planning to do it. An old friend of mine from high school as started converting an old school bus to a home too. Legends.

globalist plot to recapture more land from goyims

Our culture is wrong. We should build our own houses. Just imagine if we taught every boy in school how to build his own house out of wood and stone, material that is available everywhere in abundance. And then, when the boy grew old enough to start a family of his own (25 or so) he went and built his own house. But that would be a healthy and organic culture, can't have that in the modern world.

tiny houses are taking the retarded cramped apartment """culture""" of urbanites and pushing into the suburbs.

Getting goyim cattle settled into smaller and smaller cages.

Berätta mera, vart i norr?

There are lots of modular and expandable designs. Look up shipping container conversions too.

Pic unrelated.

Sweet, are you planning on doing it permanently? I assume you live in a rather pleasant climate.

I’ve worked with a few contractors that make these. They give don’t give a shit about quality and are just trying to make a quick buck. These things will fall apart in 5-10 years with zero resale value.

The biggest part of the debate we're having now is wether we want to make a detached stand alone home on some land or build one into a trailer to be mobile. Having it on some land gives more room to expand later if we start a family. But yeah, the climate is always nice here.

this is a cuckshed..... if you want to build cheap but still live comfy, i'd recommend cordwood... use softwood and make them thick (~60cm). if you build a post and beam/roundwood frame you won't have any problems with the building codes as long as you have a decent foundation. if you apply yourself you'd be able to build yourself a pretty decent home for ~500k SEK, no shit. if you have more money, strawbale is maybe better for the winters, but there are more pitfalls with strawbale....

I agree wholeheartedly. My daughter is still young enough to live in a tiny house with us but as she gets older we plan on teaching and helping her to build her own house so she can start out debt free and mobile. Great for studies in other places and also economically.

How do you get to the bedroom?

>retarded cramped apartment """culture""" of urbanites

>recapture more land from goyims

The idea is to buy/claim land as a community where families can live outside of (((their))) (((consumer lifestyle))).

Probably with a staircase/ladder in the cover deck area, not pictured.

get a decent plot of land and build yourself one of these sven. there is a swedish guy who's written some books and does workshops on this. he uses concrete though, and his cottages look like shit, but his book has some relevant information on cordwood construction in scandinavia... source yourself some spruce, keep some roundwood poles and chop up the rest. source yourself some decent clay and get some lime. the amount of work you put in = the degree to which you escape the mortgage jew

land isn't even that expensive outside the city though. And if you're building a home yourself, why make it small?
It's not like you can buy a tiny plot either, so you have a little cuckshed on a normal plot of land for no reason. Just make a bigger home nigga lol

looks awesome, wouldn't mind living there

just seems like a hipster movement brought on because trailer homes weren't "cool enough" or some shit

that's a fancy prison cell you have there

Tiny houses & RV's only depreciates in value compared to buying an actual home in a decent neighborhood.

They're still better than renting since you can still get some of your money back down the line when you want to sell. TinyHouseListings.com

Good land is way more important to own.

Love tiny houses. Comfi af. No debts. Designed nice. You can‘t collect useless garbage because of the tiny space. Can be transported everywere

She's doing it wrong and doing nothing by going that fast

I imagine it would be very comfy (in a low crime country with no niggers of all sorts), for a solitary, minimalist man. Living with a kid and a wife would be a god damn tourture, everyone needs a personal space.

>doing nothing by going that fast
I used to think this too, but studies have shown that fast reps increase the muscles' capability for explosive power.

nu-male the post. i bet you think about killing yourself when you notice you left the remote control out of hands reach.

>not buying land and building your own house

>Not great for raising kids.

Who gives a shit about raising kids. That era is literally gone.

I own a small terrain near madrid in the forest, and I bought a prefabricated wood house (6500€)

I use it to farm and to get drunk some weekends. Pretty comfy.
But to raise a family and live there? hell no.

Personal space translates to billionaire's leisure domain. Not long ago Europeans lived 11 families in one cottage.
If you want to be alone take a walk or go for a drive.

Love them, construction regulations here are a joke and wood is cheap as fuck plan to build one

We've had "tiny houses" around here forever.

t. coagulated bloodline

It does have the advantage of being able to up and scoot when the niggers move in nearby...

Why not? Is it too small?

Small home sounds nice, tiny houses sound fine if you're single. It being on wheels would worry me about theft. In all cases though I'd want to own a sizable plot of land.

Amerifats can't climb ladders amiright hur hur hur

It's only gone because so many people share your attitude. Your country will end up becoming Somalia because you're too god damn nihilistic to fight back.

>He wants children in an era like pic related
>he wants children when there's literally nothing in marriage for men
>he wants children even though his relationship will almost certainly end in divorce, and he'll rarely if ever see his children again

Sup Forumstards are really delusional. The fact that you are willing to impregnate some leftist modern psycho-woman simply because you want white people to continue existing, even if it will destroy your personal life makes you insane.

Fucking top. Have a (You).

take a gander at my cuck room, yes I have weights nearby incase someone walks in to see my fat ass on the computer

Ive considered it but I think its too small to start a family in

Would be better to just buy land and then get one of those cheap pre-fab login cabin style homes with a bigger floor plan

There is no way you can have an entire family live in that thing

I think its a good plan to get started but you will have to expand sooner or later. If you're homesteading you need lots of equipment. and a place to store it.
And as your kids grow older they will want and deserve privacy

You can tell a female or soyboi created this scene, look at those flimsy wire mesh shelves used as a fucking desk!

problem is a lot of those mobile houses are just as a expensive as much bigger, regular houses. I've been looking into brebuilt cabins, one that is as big as a large living room and go for a mere 10k: youtube.com/watch?v=hYcL2fm-510&

all it needs is some insulation and inner walls, plus a composting toilet and a fireplace, and you're good to go off-grid. Anyone have experience with something like this?

Also if you're looking to start a community of like-minded racists, or you're just interested in self-reliance, there's a discord for that: discord gg/uVSdN6

BRRRRAAAPPPP

You have to fight for what's right. There's no more passing the buck, and sacrifices will have to be made. It's time for us to be strong men.

retarded. They make mobile homes aleady.

Where does your sewage and gray water go?

Are you 12?

My wife is more of a raging nazi than I am and we already have a kid btw.

>put wheels on it
>have more opportunities in terms of positioning
Literally sub trailer trash tier housing

jewish agenda 21 garbage. don't fall for it, if you own the land what the fuck are you doing?

Probably not legal in the US. Not ADA compliant. Also, insulation: where is it?

please kys you fucking loser

Do u even know what mesh is faggot?

Yes. Tiny houses are unAmerican. The American Dream requires space.

Build one that has a function where it extends in size, ideally doubling its size, once parked up. Build 2 of them, have your wife drive one, and you drive the other, and you'll have a space the size of 4 40ft shipping containers. Park them paralell with a 30 space, then buy a 6ft fence to block the 2 open ends, and you've got a compound and private space. Build them out of fireproof SIP (Structural Insulated Panels), and they'll be cool in humidity and warm in winter.

>Tiny houses
A.k.a. mobile homes for people "too good" to live in trailer parks.

Don't move North. Watch Adapt2030, IceAgeFarmer and The Oppenheimer Ranch Project channels on YouTube and you'll see why we need to be moving South, not North.

In a container when on the road, into the garden when on a bought patch of land.
Also I will use a composting toilet.

How tiny is tiny?
pic attached it too tiny for me, but i like the look of it.

>American dream is to be a consumer slave

comfy to be quite honest lad.
nothing is sadder than a retiree living in a large empty house waiting to die

A literal cuckshed.

Shipping containers are shit mate. They're structurally weak other than the corner posts, and are horrendous for condensation and heat loss. Better to make a metal stud frame with Celotex/ Kingspan and marine ply it, then Tyvek membrane, then 2x1 batton, then cover it with an oily timber like Cedar, with a slight gradient roof, ideally zinc.

Why would you need much space? Hobbies?

American Dream is to be a father of five. That takes room and, yes, some consumption. Children aren’t free. They are, however, worth the price.

Tiny Homes are not really meant for families, and you may run into issues with authorities, trying to raise kids in one. You'd better check every law and regulation in the area you're thinking of moving to, including proposed rules and regulations, as politicians are moving to ban Tiny Homes.
Tiny Homes are not RVs. They're boxes built onto flat trailers, and are really only meant to move once, to it's final destination. If you want a truly mobile lifestyle, then buy an RV, or a boat. Living with your kids on a 40, 50 foot sailboat, sailing the world, would be far more interesting and beneficial to them than sticking them into a wooden box with no running water and extremely limited resources.

There will not be a boom towards small mobile housing, because the EU will stamp it out faster than the States and Fed are stamping it out here.

Just buy a small truck farm with a small house out in the country, and homeschool your kids. Make honey or sell some crop that will support you over the year, and can sell in local markets. Raise chickens, or goats.
You're just doing it wrong. Tiny homes were a fad, not sustainable, and a 10K "house' will last about 5 years with the wear and tear of 4 people living in it full time - that's if your wife puts up with it past the first winter.

This.
I guess one could find meaning in living above ones means when in a homogeneous society, in the 50s America.

>the_stacey_split_2.webm
>doing it wrong

is she though? i wanna own that ass

>What's /pol's opinion on the tiny mobile home movement?
Why would it be a movement? As someone with a waifu doll the house in your picture has enough room for the two of us.

Tiny homes work great if they're parking in someone's backyard, where you have access to electricity, running water, and can take advantage of the main house for things like the kitchen and laundry. They're also really only for one person, or a couple, who don't spend a lot of time indoors. A family in a tiny home is straight up child abuse.

>bad taste in design

wow i'm sure your music sounds really good
not

buy cheap land, drill for a well, make a small survival garden and build a real house, not that hen nest on wheels.

Happen to have a name on this guy? Kinda want to look into it myself.

looks pretty comfy, just need internet and heat everything will be fine

pic isn't real

kek, this

Tiny Houses = Trailers for Hipsters

Did the crappy use of the stamp tool give it away?

>its times like this Susan wishes she married the swinger from New York.

youtube.com/watch?v=9QNPB9naZQg

You're paying 80k for something thats smaller than a normal living room. Also why live in something thats on wheels? Do you want to always be ready to gtfo if you get bored of someplace? Then you're basically never putting roots down and therefore never fit to raise a family.

This is a cuck shed.

It was an end run around zoning laws and rules, by desperate Boomers who spent all their money, lost their jobs during the Bush/Obama recession, and had no other options. TH's are classified as RVs - they have to be registered and inspected to get their RV tag, if they're on wheels, and RVs have lax codes for construction, compared to an official dwelling. Once you add a foundation, then it's a house, and code comes into play - most places have a mimimum square footage for each room, and the overall building - most states require over 1000 sq. ft. to qualify as a dwelling, unless it's considered an additional dwelling on someone else's property, like an in-law unit. A lot of states are banning tiny homes, and make it extremely hard to just plop one down on property out in the middle of nowhere, they require hookup to power, minimum sizes, and some states only allow short stays by trailers and rvs, outside of rv parks.
And, I'm not upset by it. A lot of tiny homes are death traps - a lot of them have the sleeping quarters in a loft, with no sprinklers or safety egress, and almost all of them are heated by electric space heaters or small wood/pellet stoves. They don't get built to code, are flimy, and many of them fall apart in strong winds. You're limited in terms of what kinds of appliances you can have, and space. They *sound* cozy, but they're really not. A lot of people who tried it, stopped after a year. It's just not a comfortable way to live, it's way more work than it looks, and it's becoming hard to find areas where it's legal.
Just buy an RV, and live in RV parks. You'll be more comfortable, and will still have the "mobile" thing - tiny homes are not designed to be moved often. RVs are.

That still doesn't explain what the hell's going on here