Popular Series You Can't Get Into

From what i've watched/read its not really that interesting

Makes for a decent read at work, though

Yeah we know people like you are the first to cum when they reach Yorkshin Arc and praise the anime after KA arc

K-On!
Which is weird because I liked Hidamari, but K-On seems to take the "cute girls doing cute things" to different levels of stale

Same for me. I've read up to the videogame arc and honestly I just can't get into it. Never seen a more bland MC, it doesn't help that the other kid is a complete edgelord either. Wish the suit dude would tag along because he's way more interesting.

Overlord
Eva
One Punch Man
Psycho Pass
TTGL
Like they're good but not great Except for Overlord fuck that gay shit

I don't give a flying fuck about Dragon Ball past the original series/Frieza arc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The first two seasons were pretty good, but Jotaro is unlikeable and I found stands to be mostly retarded. The fucking bulldog was the last drop.

>bulldog
Well Jojo isn't for idiot teens ;^)

It looks to me it is very much for idiot teens

If that were true you'd eat it up

this series is popular? isn't it universally reviled? how could anyone like this garbage?

just look at the MC

>One Punch Man

This, I read the manga a long time ago up to the arc that introduces the hero hunter guy. I found the anime boring as hell. I think reading through the 'one punch' gag one time was enough to kill all enjoyment I could get from that series.

My nigga

That's it buddy, draw your katana. We'll settle this fair and square.

Can't you people stop with the bait for once in your life

Some of the best shonen arcs ever
Good mc that doesn't feel overpowered
Hisoka

This seems like the kind of post someone who is underage and loves memes would make

Distinct lack of JoJo

dont take everything so seriously, kid

The problem with OPM, especially where the manga currently is, is that it's hard to tell whether One is poking fun at the shonen genre anymore or just straight up embracing it.

Are Garo's motives supposed to be nonsensical or to be taken 100% serious?
Is introducing tons of characters that are barely characterized supposed to be a pisstake?

>cum when they reach Yorkshin Arc
it was okay, not amazing

Phantom Troupe is the best villain gang of any shonen.

>NyQuil Troupe

The abridged version is unironically better than the real version of DBZ
Dragonball by itself is good though

I only read the manga tbf, Early Dragon Ball was GOAT.

And this looks like the post that someone who's just too fucking retarded to get what an ironic post means.
>inb4 I was pretending to be retarded

>Attack on Titan
the art is horrible, everything is titans, the fanbase is probably the most autistic of this era.

Watch eva then end of eva. The tv series is okay but end of eva is notorious for a reason man.

Long running shounen. Its soooo slow.

Grand Blue

it's just reaction faces and toilet humor

the 1 joke got old by chapter 2

It gets better imo

>This

I saw season 1 because I binged it. Got me interested in the manga, then found out it's just fodder. The mangaka knows where he want to go with the story, but doesn't know how to get there so he just makes up fluff as he goes along. Get's old very quickly.

>Early Dragon Ball
as soon as the first Tenkaichi happens, DragonBall goes on a streak

Second season and fouth season are the best. The second half of the third season is decent as well. Just skip everything else.

I agree. I think OPM is infinitly worse because ONE didn't know when to quit. And I think making a second season of the anime really shows that the studio missed the point. It's satire and if you take it too seriously, it kinda loses it's purpose.

>watched
There's your problem

>/read

Dropped this after 12 eps. Bland design, stereotypical characters, shit exposition and writing seems just random. It's just well polished in terms of visuals (though animation itself isn't anything to write home about), but that's about it.

It is, it's literally aimed at a teenage demographic.

See->It seems certain people make it their mission to badmouth HxH as if it makes them special

I haven't been able to get into any anime for the past 2-3 years. I might just be getting too old but I can't admit it to myself. Still enjoy manga though.

>y-you didnt read it!
>anime version is critically acclaimed, everyone recommends it

Bleach and HxH

>Bleach
Really? I fould Bleach really easy to get into. Only hard part was continuing watching.

Oh I like EVA, It just wasn't as captivating as I had hoped for. It's still a good series, End of EVA included

So in the manga there is less verbal exposition and the story and characters are different?

Yes

Now that's a blatant lie. Just went ahead and checked some of those shitty lines of expositon and they're the same. I mean, yeah the anime could have improved on this, but the original problem is the source material.

You're wrong. As early as in chapter one, there's a game-changing difference from the anime. But hey, if you don't want to watch/read it, I'm not going to judge you. In the end it's your loss and I honestly couldn't care less.

The loss is on the medium as a whole that this kind manga and anime with this kind of shitty writing are actually being bought.

explain then, because no one said they didnt watch/read it

Elaborate, Just read the first chapter and everything from it was in the anime. Only difference is that the cel shaded animation makes the whole thing actually look better in the anime.

One piece - I can embrace the story being great and all, though i will never know myself because I can't be arsed to read 800+ chapters. My disdain for the series stems from when I first saw it on toonami at the age of like 8 or 9. I didn't like the artstyle because I thought it was too cartoony and not rough and mature like part 1 naruto (which was also aired on toonami at the time). I also didn't care at all about any of the characters except Ace for some reason.

Dragon Ball - There is a similar reason why I can't get into dragon ball and, like one piece, it also stems from when I saw it ass a child. The artstyle wasn't as jarring to me as one piece, but even as a kid I instantly noticed how slow fucking paced the anime was and I wasn't a fan at all of how fight scenes were protrayed (it was just two dudes doing spazzy motions back and forth in mid-air, and sometimes giant laser beams would be involved). Can't be bothered to get into super either because I know next to nothing about Dragon ball lore.

Boku no hero academia - Given how extremely recent this is compared to the other two I have less of an excuse to give it a try since theres still not that many chapters to go through, but I am immediately put off by the world of BnHA. I have a very pragmatic world view and I love science fiction, so BnHA's world is kind of odd to me. In real life, if quirks existed, they'd be constantly used for technological development on nearly all non-social fields of sciences. I'd expect BnHA's world to be a technocracy at best, that tries to take advantage of quirks to propel society to a much more advanced technological state but it's no different than a regular "highschool kids in tournaments" manga. I'm also very skeptical of a "Heroes vs villains" approach to story telling, because in real life A LOT of political and social issues have more of a grey area.

Oh really?

Is that why you are blatantly ignoring Gon meeting Kite, which was in the first chapter and the anime completely skipped over?

It's not the fault with the medium that you're a moron that can't read worth shit. A lot of you illiterate half-wits always complain about "durr too much text", practically showing everyone how well you did in English class.

If you are looking for something where you don't have to use your brain, try something else.

I actually quit watching anime for 3 years because of Tora Dora.

are you seriously saying that one change explains why an anime watcher would find HxH to be trash?

It does when that one meeting plays a pretty big role in a future arc. It means they don't really pay attention at all and just what to be entertained.

And to have some animeonly complain that it came out of nowhere is baffling.

no one brought that up as a flaw though

Explain?

>I just don't like shota characters

Haruhi, what a piece of shit, just eye candy.

JoJo part 3 and on, I really liked part 2 but couldn't get into 3 for some reason.
Also, My Hero Academia. It has great art but it doesn't really suck me in and make me want to flip pages. Like, I read some mangas and 200 pages flies by in an instant, but with My Hero Academia I read a bit and check to see I've only read 50 pages despite it feeling like forever.

>completely skipped over

That's where you're wrong retard. The scene was moved so that viewers wouldn't have to remember a literal who from the very first episode that ends up becoming important later on. That's the only difference cherry picker.

>tfw when no strong opinions of my own on anything I like pretty much everything that is popular

how am stop to being brainlet trendy bandwagoner? halp me Sup Forums

As opposed to it being slapped on in the new arc and expecting people to understand how Gon feels about this guy that came out of nowhere?

It makes a hell of a lot more sense for it to be in the first episode when Gon is beginning his journey since Kite's the one that not only told him that his father's alive but also gave him an idea on what Hunters are and what they do. This gave Gon his drive to be a Hunter and find Ging

>bland MC
Gon is not the only MC and Togashi made Gon bland because he wants you to focus on the other characters
>complete edgelord
I agree but only up until after the 2nd arc. Kil really goes through a lot of changes as a character because of Gon. That's why their friendship is so heartwarming

>makes up fluff
Care to elaborate? I thought the story was well executed with not a lot of bullshit in between the major plot points

I sure hope you at least watched the 1999 version, because 2011 one is butchered as fuck.

Haruhi.

LOL

>Eva
I don't even know why. I enjoyed TTGL, Abenobashi, and both *Buster series and was okay with FLCL but I struggled to enjoy this at all, and the fanbase just solidified my lack of give-a-shit.
>Steins:Gate
I've been able to enjoy bigger titles that also have some philosophical themes like Lain and GitS, but this just felt forced and pretentious.
>K-on
I like Azumanga and Nichijou, but they were actually enjoyable on their own. K-on has hollow characters and hollow writing.
>KLK
Just... not interesting. Ending was forced, plot was all over the place.
>Space Dandy
I'm a big fan of Lupin and Bebop, and I guess seeing it compared to the two so much gave me too high expectations which were dashed when it was just mindless fuckboy adventures without anything behind it.
>Dragonball and Berserk
I kinda like Casca, but I'm just not into super macho themes and MCs so I couldn't really get into either of these. Jojo and OPM would probably fall into this category too, but I haven't really tried either.
>AoT
It's just bad. Introducing so many characters at once is writer suicide. Constantly introducing characters just to kill them off os shit writing. I watched the entirety of season 1 and Armin was the only of the main three who even got any genuine character development. This is the only one I can say I genuinely hate.
>Clannad
Tried 5 eps and dropped it out of boredom. Shinkai stuff, Someday's Dreamers, Kino, Haibane Renmei were all comfy and enjoyable, Clannad just bored me to tears.

Plus a ton of titles I just have no interest in trying, like Haruhi many other series Sup Forums seems to take waifus from.

Stands are what made the series. I think the main thing with JoJos that can be off putting that everyone ignores is the incredibly gay overtones. For example. the entire per-perfect Kars fight reached "Hey Son what are you watching?" levels as the perspective went out of it's way to give you Kars ass shots and overemphasized hip-sways as he walked.

People always try to meme it off as "le I'm a manly man and poses are masculine" when really it's "The creator of this series is most likely incredibly gay and likes hypersexualized Olympian style men with effeminate behavior"

Code Geass
I don't get the hype. I've tried getting into it multiple times but drop it at the same point each time because the "internal logic" of the MC becomes contradictory or irrational and the whole thing becomes a farce that breaks me out of the world. I don't remember the point, but it makes me exclaim to myself "this is fucking stupid." It's been over a year since the last time I tried to watch it.

Sup Forums told me it was shit, but I saw a few episodes and the pacing and everything felt really good. The only thing I didn't like at first was the idea that the plot focused on a group of terrorists with the ability to turn into titans. It felt like an incredibly bizarre angle to go on in a setting that was already pretty interesting.

>Make a character that somewhat looks like female
>Don't make them female

The 2011 version felt synthetic compared to the older version at some parts and drawn out needlessly.

I feel like the author will drop this or let another take a stab at remaking HxH.

Same for Psycho Pass. The plot only makes sense if you accept that everyone in the world has the mentality of an 8 year old.
>We need humans to use judgement because robots would be incapable of ranging emotional distress vs a real threat.
>Shoots someone in the face and they explode, everyone freaks out and runs
>Oh Shit they're everywhere, just keep shooting!
>Mam I know you were just raped but I need you to step away from my partner so I can shoot you in the face, this is your last chance to stop being so distressed!!!

Then the fact that they didn't teach a cop how to use a real gun...In a world where real guns are still a thing. Also the holograms were used as a plot point a couple of times due to them not working in water. Except clothes are also holograms, but the rain and sprinklers never bothered them, and people's hands don't go through to the skin when they grab someone by the arm, and they don't get cold walking around naked outside.

Reading the manga was probably the best and worst decision I ever made after the first season. Got out of that trash heap.

>Boku no hero academia
Yeah, you just want to watch/read X-men.