WE WAZ OLD

Turns out the middle ages weren't such a bad time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

docdro.id/GGtGnbw
docdro.id/9YygRDL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That was always the case. Most people are just too stupid to understand what the average in "average life expectancy" means. Almost all of the progress that has been made is in lowering the child/infant mortality rates.

yep. this.

even the romans would live to the age of 70/80 if they survived their teenage years

could i beat up a 70yo caveman though?

You're British, so probably not.

Beat up someone with a full stomach of game meat who lived in the elements and hunted for a living? Probably not if they were northern european.

Moses lived to be like 400 or something. YUGE decline.

The reason why life expectancy was so low prior to the industrial era isn't because people died earlier, people lived as long lives as today, it was the insane amount of child mortality that skews the metric but if you made it past puberty you'd live almost as long as today.

No, not Moses. Too long after the Flood.

Also wars and plagues messed up the statistics for sure.

How dumb do you have to be to consider this "fascinating" and "new"?

Are you trained in martial arts and in superb physical shape? If not, then probably not.
People back then lived hard lives, wich made them strong.
Now, we live easy peacefull lives, and we have, for generations now completely turned off any sort of selection, so weak genes are passed allong and not weeded out.

Ancient man were superiour to us in everything except accumulated knowledge. And even then you might argue that they were superiour since the knowledge they had were far more usefull than the knowledge we have today.

i could shoot him though if they allowed guns

>if they allowed guns

You're in the UK, not even spoons are allowed.

No one said people died at 40. Its that average life was 40 mostly because infant mortality was so high

Unqualified average life expectancy was low though because infant mortality was high and dragged down the average. But clearly those that made it out of infancy and childhood had decent life expectancies.

"Hard lives" lol you know what makes you even stronger than that way faster? Lifting weights with the purpose of getting strong and having an easy enough life that you can eat the optimal diet and not have stress hormones killing your gains. And only warriors practiced martial arts. Also almost everyone was a manlet because poor nutrition in childhood

isn't the cemetery population biased towards people who are more wealthy?

The Middle Ages were slandered by Enlightenment arrogance. While men of the Middle Ages lived peacefully on the manor, or the borough, serving their Lords and King, living a pious, faithful live for God, without centralized government, the Enlightenment 'man' was plunged into the Wars of Religion and turned into a nihilistic sack of meat.

docdro.id/GGtGnbw

I uploaded this anthropology and head development book you might like.

We wuz kaaangz n shiet

American education, everybody.
I mean the good one.

What went wrong?

Who said people died at age 40? The average lifespan was 40, that's not the same thing.

>men of the Middle Ages lived peacefully.
NO.

THIS
Perfect post, user.

Mankind does not "progress".

docdro.id/9YygRDL

Here's another even better one too also about the human head, function, and anthropology. I'd recommend them both to ya.

Amen to that.. They didn't know how good they have it. You can't put a price on a peaceful soul.

Nah, just biased towards Christians, which was like +95% of the population.

One theory is that the "water canopy" vaguely described in the atmosphere collapsed during the flood and more solar radiation hit the planet from then on.

Sweetie I don't think your allowed to have guns in your country.

They lived peacefully unless ungodly vagabonds, saracens, mongols, or norse attacked them, yes.

the "affluent."

The infant mortality rate was much higher. The people who survived childhood in the Middle Ages where much tougher than modern people.

The average farmer lived in moderate isolation and did lots of exercise. Would have been taken care of by children.

A city dweller would have a shorter lifespan. Women were more likely to die in child birth.

At least they were nigger free

>Impliying whites werent worse than niggers at that point.

Every other day someone would get pissed at your feudal lord and your children would pay with rape or conscription

Except for Spain and Southern France, but they took care of that.

>Most people are just too stupid to understand what the average in "average life expectancy" means
So much this.

This phenomenon also comes into play when discussing average racial intelligence. Liberal 'intellectuals' are the sort of 110-120 IQ people who're smart enough to /sound/ intelligent but are still too dumb to understand why one smart black person doesn't mean that all black people can be smart.

You do realize these invasions were tens or even hundreds of years apart, and happened in very limited areas. Most ancient British probably lived their entire life without seeing a single person they didn’t personally know their whole life.

Does anyone else think the world has turned to shit because we've developed the medicine and technology to keep people alive when they should have just died?

There is too many people alive right now that just 100 years ago would have died very young, or even at birth. Technology/medicine allowed them to live when by all rights they should have died. Hell, there is a large chunk of people who are kept alive because of technology/medicine and will die without it.

I know it sounds bad, but we're messing with the natural order of things. Some people were just never meant to live.

That's honestly why I despise talk of transhumanism.. Without struggle, without mortality, our lives will become decadent and meaningless. I would rather be extinct on earth than robbed of our mortality.

Not really true in many stone age societies. Their work day could often be a lot shorter than modern day because they worked only for family and community, there was no middle man, the concept of money did not exist yet.

The reason there's so much of a culture of mocking our ancestors for being backwards idiots dying in droves to what we handle with antibiotics and stuff now is half because of the enlightenment wanting to act all cool and different from the past like hispters, and half because of Jewish Media today wanting whites disconnected from their past so they don't resist cultural destruction.

I think they would have mostly been farmers at this time

Back then a farmer probably wasn't someone you wanted to try and beat up either. No modern farming equipment back then, they plowed and tended to the soil the old fashioned way.

The childhood mortality rate was 50% pre vaccines. You only died before 40 because of the plague, other disease, or war

>Spartans were smaller and weaker (as individuals) than Thebans even though Spartan males were literally were raised from birth to be warriors

True, good healthy living.