Ghost Stories

Should I watch this subbed or dubbed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-iDtR1yKJM0
youtube.com/watch?v=g86R7RVlOw4
youtu.be/wKHWxhtxbFk?t=17m25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dubbed is the only way to watch this

People on Sup Forums just repeat what they read on the internet. Make up your own mind.

I tried to watch sub....just watch the dub, this show is not worth the debate. The dub makes this show.

>...
Neo-Sup Forums has spoken.

The original is a good show in its own right just that it's the type of low-stakes show that it's not everyone's piece of pie.

It's actually a very well directed show with directorial sensibilities of the 90s than 00s.

GOAT panties

The dub is legendary for a reason, you know.

Just watch the dub, dub-watcher.

>He doesn't know about the Ghost Stories dub

Watching this right now and the dub is quite good, basically adult-swim core tv

I remember reading that the dub came to be because the original was so bad it barely sold, so watching subbed might just be a waste of time

Yeah, the original was bad, so they gave them permission to basically adlib the whole series.

Wow. The crusader girl wasn't lying when she said her skirt was slutty.

Sub for original content, dub for way better "abridged" series

She does get smart after a certain point though

>I remember reading that the dub came to be because the original was so bad it barely sold, so watching subbed might just be a waste of time

Thats false, though. It was one of the top rated shows of its time, even beating out GTO which was in the timeslot before it.

The original is interesting if youre into Japansse culture and folklore, but the dub is basically Adjlt Swim shitty humor so most casuals prefer that

>everyother country gets a faithful dub
>Americans pull a Family Guy on it

Same with Shin-chan and Conan. Why are American dubs so shit? We got faithful dubs

>he doesn't want to be an airforce ranger
>he wants to get raped by strangers
fuck off sweden

Yeah!
They aren't old fags like us.

Latin America, actually. Aired on TV here

Original is a good, iconic kids horror show in Japan that upset soccer moms they complained to the network and got it canned despite amazing ratings. . Dub is basically awful popculture edgelord comedy. If you think LittleKuriboh is a writing genius, stick with the dub, I guess

I watched both. I prefer the dubs. Check'em.

The original might be watchable but all of its three fans seem to be annoying big friends who watch it for loli pussy so I'm gonna say dub.

>japanese folklore
The dub ain't wrong that the stories are largely generic stuff like Stephen King ripoff.

those who watch dubbed anime must change their ways or commit seppuku

Neo-Sup Forums in a nutshell

There are two dubs, one faithful and one not.

I loved that scene.

dubbed

>yokai
>Steven King ripoff

>my country got faithful dubs
>got scarred by the show when I was a kid, especially from the mirror universe episode
>all Americans know about this show is "LOL JESUS"

Americans are extremely xenophobic

GOAT

Best girl

Compared to Gegege no Kitaro or Yokai Watch, Ghost Stories yokai are mostly synonymous to BIG MONSTERS, and it's Stephen, and the Animal Cemetery concept they heckled certainly was generic.

Dubbed.

The subbed version is boring as fuck and the show was a complete financial failure due to how shit it was.

The VAs got the translated script for the series, read it through and went 'This shits gonna fail so hard so let's have a bit of fun'. They resulted in the single best dub of a show ever made.

The original was shit. It's a character and toneless 'horror' story show with no likeable characters or proper sense of drama. The dub is the only redeemable thing from it.

>THE ORIGINAL WAS A FAILURE

I wish people would stop spreading this retarded misinformation around. It was extremely popular in Japan. The only source on this rumor I found was a guy who worked on the dub, and if you cant fathom why a dubber would lie to promote their own work youre a lost cause. It was no more a failure than Gunsou Keroro or Shin-chan was, which also recieved unfaithful joke dubs

it's an incredibly shitty anime, might as well watch the dub and entertain yourself.

There is no reason to watch it subbed. The dubbed version is the only one that has any merit. It's good for what it is.
>pull a family guy on it
What are you talking about?

Legit question from someone with hearing problems.
Are there subs for the dub?

Just watch the dub, dub watcher.

dubbed, you're better off watching the TAS version of the show. There's no fucking tension when it was subbed because no one was died despite being thrown to death traps constantly

there are subtitles out there somewhere, yeah.

yes there are dubtitles, but sometimes they just say random stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=-iDtR1yKJM0

youtube.com/watch?v=g86R7RVlOw4

Better scene

I watched the dub and I liked the loli pussy

Never would have passed today's censors.

Whole show was anti-gay too.

SECSI SECSI

The show is boring as hell subbed. It's up to you.

God, Satsuki was way too hot. youtu.be/wKHWxhtxbFk?t=17m25s

watched the subbed dubbed version.

Satsuki's dub voice is Hillary Haag who also did Tessa's dub. She's great at talking smack.

it was your typical generic monster-of-the-week show. If I wanna watch shows in that format, I'd watch Mushishi or GaoGaiGar instead

As if this is even a question.

Seriously, the sub is dull as shit. It's so plain and cookie-cutter, the dub is the ONLY thing that salvages it

This is also retarded misinformation because the show only popular the first time it aired because it was between two other popular shows. When it reaired, it was a flop.

you probably meant the english version subbed in Japanese

>17:33
Ha... wow.

Shut the fuck up faggot. Its already been pointed out it only did well because its block was between two popular shows, and flopped when re-aired.

this, the episode of the haunted building with the dolls didn't pull any punches

>its three fans seem to be annoying big friends who watch it for loli pussy

Where exactly do you think you are right now?

What exactly did the soccer moms complain about? The loli pussy?