>goes to a college with a 75% acceptance rate
>supposedly majoring in law
>literally on yahoo answers and searching up 3rd grade level math problems

Has the education system failed us?

twitter.com/carlyycattt/status/954477126039818240

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination#Number_of_combinations_with_repetition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem
duq.edu/academics/schools/liberal-arts/academic-programs/math-and-computer-science/mathematics-ba/bs-/course-descriptions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here’s the math problems up close

fuck you nigger faggot for your obvious slide thread

>saged af

Ah. A gender studies student I see

Ouch. Well at least she's trying. At least she thinks it would be worthwhile and totally Instagram worthy if she weren't a retard

isnt that grade school math, like 5th grade shit

Literally I didn’t go to college but some stripper did: the post

Nothing is holding you back faggot

Looks like intro to statistics desu.

Is that what you learn in college? I thought college was something between university and trade school.

No, you pretty much (try to) get a job after you've graduated from college

in murica college IS university

doesn't matter how shit the school is she will still get some low level management or assistant position inside a big corp or working for the local government and everyone will congratulate her on being the first in the family to graduate and make it

Probably getting her GED.

College means that the school does not offer graduate degrees

Wtf is this? Highschool?

>”I despise art” tattoos
Tattoos are fucking stupid in general, but when I see shit like this I actually get fucking mad.

I’m a retard, but isn’t question 2 just “what is 4x4”?

it's 4 to the power of 4
4x4x4x4 or 256, since there's four possible outcomes and four shots for each possible outcome

They're interchangeable terms here.

I-is she in the process of writing out 256 lines of possible combinations?

Maybe?
I might be wrong, I'm a mechanic, not a mathematician. I would just write my answer as
4x4x4x4 = 256
"There are 256 possible combinations"

Also so I can be less retarded in the future is this [outcomes]^[trials] or vice versa

It wouldn't matter since they're the same number

... it they won’t always be...

outcomes x trials
are you retarded, I learned this shit over 10 years ago in school
>literal kids on Sup Forums, AGAIN

The first two years of college are either "intro to" level courses you can literally sleep through and pass, or shit you should have already learned in highschool. Basically a 4 year bachelors doesnt teach you anything you actually need for your field until 3rd and 4th year. You basically just gotta pay for 2 years

She knows that her TI-86 would do that for her automatically right? Jesus, statistics is literally the easiest non-remiedial math course ever.

Can't you Nazis see that pink scientific calculator. She is definitely a smarter than everyone

coul this be the pinnacle of american education?

3rd grade? Have you seen common core?

That level of shit wouldn't be covered until 3rd year at jr. college.

In any event, I'm not going to hate on someone actively working to better their situation, especially since she's intending on going into a field where you can actually make money.

Yeah. No good firm will be associated with that trash.

In the US, you have College, which covers all secondary (after high school) degree granting institutions that tend to range in length from 2 (Associates Degree) to 4 (Bachelor's Degree) years. Typically these are arranged into "schools". So if you graduate from State College with a major in Business you may get a Bachelor of Arts from the SomeDeadGuy School of Business at State College.

In the US, a University is a collection of colleges and typically can confer post-secondary degrees (masters, doctorates), but can just be a large enough 4 year school that it decided to organize itself into colleges instead of schools.

The tl;dr is just pay attention to the degree itself, not all the associated crap attached to it.

>education system
The primary school is programming to obey authority, secondary is Marxist programming. Unless you do engineering or another red pilled science.
Its a scheme to keep kikes rich. They want "government" to pay so they can keep the price high. Getting a basket weaving nigger studies degree does nothing. Some google diversity hire recently did African International business studies, got a masters education diversity African technology degree.
GIBS MEDAT lol.

I think Americans should award a doctorate for every black and brown graduating kindergarten. That way the oppressed minorities will have a fair chance of scoring a high-paying job over whites, Juice, and Asians. I would certainly love my lawyer and brain surgeon to have these special doctorates and the magical competence that comes with them.

I learned it over 20 years ago and it never came up since. Settle down you overly emotional soyboy

She is. And she clearly gave up, or discovered how long it will take. Based on her other answers the """professor""" accepts a solid try as a credible answer. 256 doesn't even need to be written

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>I got a 4.0 GPA and I'm undocumented!

POWERFUL!

I'm still fucking dying at this, this is literally 3rd grade level math and she believes she's some kind of strong #empowered stripper super woman

Jesus fuck christ no wonder """college degrees"""" are fucking worthless now

>law student
>covered in tattoos

good luck with the job search thot lmao

Are face tats poppin', Sup Forums? I bet people will still hire just because she's just so poppin'.

>I got a face tat and yea I don't gaf because I'm finna think on a broad horizon an shiet, anyone can do anything and if I say that it means it's true :100:

> ... what do you mean you won't hire people with face tattoos? Did you see my post on Twitter?

I think that second one is not that easy
>How many total scores are possible?

4x4x4x4 includes repetitions of the same total scores, like you could have 25+25+25+1 = 76 and 1+25+25+25 = also 76 - same score counted twice in that case

As we are counting a number of sets and not sequences, I think this one should be combinations with repetition, which would give binomial coefficent of (4 + 4 - 1 over 4) = 35 possible total scores

Not sure tho, I'm just a simple plumber

In America, College and University are the same thing.
Technically, Universities are a combonation of Colleges, so my University would have a College of Engineering, College of Agriculture while Colleges only have one College.
But in everyday speech they are the same thing, thats why its called "College Football" even though most of the schools are Universities.

The worst part is the teacher taught them how to solve these problems by making a little chart, so everyone can get the answer without thinking. This kind of teaching completely defeats the purpose of even learning math.

Is she helping her child with their homework?
There's no way this is a college course.

>American education
Stockholm Uni Economics major here
I have nothing to say

Post her body so I can properly assess the situation

no, read it carefully
its says - all possible score values, not all possible combinations of "pointage"
i calculated 41 if anyone want to correct me

The fucking state of murrican education, while i have to study 1200 pages of hard maths for a fucking physics 2 exam as a management engineer

what the fuck is a management engineer? you engineer management?

Fucktard

Logistics, industrial efficiency, investments, finances, industrial process management and so on

Junior college.

I fucked a lot of strippers in college. Literally the dumbest, most depraved people I've ever met.

>strippers in college

How the fuck did they even get accepted?

I fail to see how the word engineer is in anyway applicable to that, even with how loose that terms definition has become in the past decade.

Why are american math questions like this. Whats the practical application.

Do most people not realize how dumbed down universities are now?

Same as a mechanical engineer, he has to find new ways to solve a problem or create something. In our case, we gather all the infos from an industrial process or a company and we apply algorithms to solve their delivery route and to forecast the clients demand and so on, we propose a range of solution to gain more shekels or reduce spending

>Caroline Stewart
>Shitskin
This bitch is Ariana Grande white you fools

>binomial coefficent
>(4 + 4 - 1 over 4) = 35 possible total scores
How did U get that? Im not good with math but 35 is on 7th row of Pascal's triangle and if we halving set number cuz each set will be there twice wouldnt it be 128 sets? Or im just dumb?

Quite a few girls do it to pay for college and have easy access to drugs.
Usually they try to not make it public and will travel a decent distance away from their school and hometown to strip. One time a stripper told me she was going to community college and stripping because she didn't get accepted to Brown. wtf.

As for this. I have forgotten this shit but I am sure handwriting it all out is not the way I was taught. And I was the kid that would raise my hand to tell the teacher they are doing it wrong. The equation is likely in her workbook and was taught in class though.

There is plenty of videos out there talking about how american education has purposely been dumbed down coming from the top.

Who would pay for a stripper covered in disgusting tats and piercings??

It's applied mathematics, but applied mathematics sounds gay so they just call it "engineering".

>Same as a mechanical engineer
No where near the same. A mechanical engineer designs something tangible. Logistics is nothing of the sort.

>we apply algorithms to solve their delivery route
I hate to break it to you but the traveling salesman problem was solved a long time ago.

>forecast the clients demand
Literally any ERP software package does this.

All it sounds like all you do is feed a computer program some parameters, give the customer the output, and call yourself an engineer for doing so.

W-what's the miracle equation for solving the second question? I'm in dire need of help.

On her Twitter she said this was calculus.

What kind of calculus is this?

Yeah go tell amazon that TSP was solved years ago, see what they tell you. Looks like you know nothing lel

Looks like probability and statistics. 256 possible scores including repeats.

Also consider the max score possible is 100 there are a lot of repeats... not as easy as some are making it seem. Very doable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination#Number_of_combinations_with_repetition

This

What the fuck!?
>amerimutts get a 200.000 loan to do middleschool 2.0
You guys are fucked in the head.

The answer is 34.

>Yeah go tell amazon that TSP was solved years ago
it was. How do you think car (or whatever) navigation systems even work?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem
>The problem was first formulated in 1930 and is one of the most intensively studied problems in optimization. It is used as a benchmark for many optimization methods. Even though the problem is computationally difficult, a large number of heuristics and exact algorithms are known, so that some instances with tens of thousands of cities can be solved completely and even problems with millions of cities can be approximated within a small fraction of 1%.[1]

>it was. How do you think car (or whatever) navigation systems even work?

Kek. Completely different problem (pathfinding).

>I'm just a simple plumber
Yeah, no shit!

is this bait or just bongposting i cant tell

The Polish plumber found the answer to be 35 with his math. I found the answer to be 34 with... a Java program.

Who is right?

Oh, so it's 35 unique scores?

and they expect us to put a man on mars

find me a white girl who enterprises as well

You guys laugh at this, but most of you guys cant even solve the second question

We are havings best school stydem in the whole of world :D

>navigation systems only support a single waypoint

I bet you're about to bring up (and manage to mix up) Euler and Hamiltonian circuits.

25 25 25 25
25 10 10 10
25 5 5 5
25 1 1 1

25 10 5 1
25 10 10 5
25 5 1 1
25 10 1 1
25 5 5 1
25 5 5 10
25 10 10 1

25 25 25 1
25 25 25 5
25 25 25 10
25 25 10 10
25 25 10 5
25 25 5 5
25 25 1 10
25 25 1 5
25 25 1 1

1 1 1 1
1 1 1 5
1 1 1 10
1 1 5 5
1 1 5 10
1 1 10 10
10 10 10 1
10 10 10 5
10 10 10 10
10 10 1 5
10 10 10 10

5 5 5 1
5 5 5 10
5 5 5 5
5 5 10 10
5 5 1 10

Assuming that the question is stated as how many total scores are possible (so 5 5 10 10 would be the same as 10 5 10 5), I got 36 possibilities. I think, I may have a double in there or missed a few.

>learning baby math in "college"

duq.edu/academics/schools/liberal-arts/academic-programs/math-and-computer-science/mathematics-ba/bs-/course-descriptions

>UCOR 111 Problem Solving with (((Creative))) Math

>Has the education system failed us?
More like she failed the education system. Am I right?

Actually not trivial.

I'm getting 35 for 2nd question

The best part is how she was trying to do it wrong and was incapable of even solving any of it properly. In question 2 she just filled all the room and jumped to the next question without even getting close to an answer; she missed multiple possibilities.

She's doing calculus but she's incapable of making an equation to solve the problem; rather she tries to do a kiddy chart. This is an extreme human failure right here.

>get a six figure loan
>become a whore to pay loan
>get no benefit from the loan since you don't even understand the point of college and learn nothing
>stay as a whore for the rest of life
mfw

It's 35

>what's the practical application of combinatorics

you tell me, nigger

Isn't this just extremely basic matrix work?

I agree it does make her look like a complete moron but when I was in high school I had a math teacher that forced me to write out how I solved the equation/problem instead of just giving the correct answer. Made every assignment take 3 times as long to do and if you didn't do it you would get a failing grade even if you got everything right.

Maybe this is something similar where she is forced to go through the process of trying to show how she figured it out. Could still be shown in a lot neater fashion but it's not always easy to translate thoughts into words or numbers.

Just realized I put 10 10 10 10 twice. So it should be 35 then.

I Google searched my way to a degree back in college too. So what?

Or in all actuality, it's just some basic level math course that she has to take as a distribution requirement because she's not going into a math-heavy field but still has to have x credits in "math".

It's pretty basic if you know the equation and even if you don't it doesn't take long to do manually.

Is permutations and probabilities 3rd grade math? I mean it's not terribly difficult, but these seem like standard into stats questions.