Britannia

So I am watching this new show called Britannia about the Romans invading England...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_(TV_series)

... and I was going FUCK YEAH ROMANS initially, cuz Romans are awesome, but then pic related, one of the main characters is a Roman legionnaire that is also a nigger. Looking closely I noticed a bunch of more black legionnaires as well as many arab looking ones.

What is Sky trying to convey with this? How does it help anyone to put anachronistic characters in every TV show for the sake of "diversity"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Maurice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A black Roman and a muslim Roman having a talk in 43AD.

All the women are feminists warriors who openly insult their husbands in their faces and between each other. Pic related just told her husband "you don't know what a man is"

wait til you see the king arthur movie that has a nigger knighting the knights

Part of the cast

what?
they seem pretty shitalian to me

there were like 1000 black people in rome (former slaves lol) so they think this is good enough reason to have them everywhere

More arab and nigger Romans

Every fifth legionnaire is black

Romans were spiritually niggers anyways

fucking kek.
Rome got BLACKED

A druid just asked this nigra why he was resisting

>"because I am Roman"

Oh and this guy just walked on his wife fucking another man and politely asked if he could to talk to her. I shit you not.

His reaction

They hate and want to kill the white race and destroy Western civilisation. It's that simple. Anyone claiming Hitler did anything wrong is seriously misinformed about current affairs and brainwashed in false ideology.

To be fair, this is decently accurate.

The Romans were culturally inclusive in the same way that the US should be; as long as you assimilated their culture, they were okay with whatever your racial background was. You have to remember that tribal affiliation was more important in that period than racial affiliation.

Archaeological evidence supports that there were legionaries from North Africa and Roman Syria in the Britain during this period. As long as they were integrated into Roman culture, there wasn't a huge problem. Let's not forget that only 150 years later, a Roman Syrian became the Emperor of Rome.

shieeeeeeeeeee

>north africa
here's your problem kiddo
not going to give you a free class

WE

>North Africa and Roman Syria

There were no black people in those areas user...

Oh, are you one of those "reeeeee there were no black people in North Africa during this period cause it would hurt my feelings" people?

I didn't know your kind actually existed.

Because they hate you, they hate what your ancestors accomplished. They want you dead and your history erased.

showing the EXCEPTION as the RULE is dishonest.

There were white people in africa/china/ect... I dont see them giving historical props to white people or forcing them into every single thing they can.

He gets killed off. They explain he's from Africa and it was either join a legion or be a slave.

Same goes for the Syrians; either raise goats (which he hates) or join the legion.

You should watch the eagle. Its low budget but pretty good

You don't know what you're talking about.
There weren't any African Legionnaires, yes even North African. They were Auxiliaries slave soldiers at best. None of them were niggers.

I have, several times. It's bretty gud.

>at the end of the Roman empire
So tell me Jacques, why the fuck a television show about the Romans have niggers then?

How about a show that has Jew bankers financing the slave trade?

There are very few blacks living in North Africa today, so why is it wrong to assume that there were virtually none in Roman times?
There are no records of black people living in the Roman empire in any significant numbers at any period of time. The idea of nigger legionnaires is bullshit.

Only citizens can become legioneres,they ware not the fucking jenissary

whiter than you muhammad

kek

both of them could play football for the france national team

Auxilia were free non-citizens who volunteered (like the Legionaries who had to be citizens).

I love how it's set in 43 AD a handful of decades after Teutoburg Forest which caused the Roman Legions to be incredibly paranoid in interacting and being stationed with Non-Roman Auxiliaries

>not watching best Roman TV series
Plebeian

Because both historical evidence, genetic findings and writings from the period clearly indicate that there were "black" people in North Africa during the period. Hell, we can go back to the writings of Xenophanes, in 500 BC for that. As a matter of fact, it's possible that the North Africa of the period is actually more black than it is today; the Muslim conquests tended to come with significant displacement and movement of Middle Eastern populations into the area.

This is what happens when modern racism colors historical fact.

Anyone who was a Roman citizen could serve as a legionnaire. Further, anyone could become a Roman citizen, provided they either serve or pay for it.

The concept of "black" people as a race flatly didn't exist during the period, and its purely historical negationism to say that it did.

there were scottish legions?

I don't care how good a show is, if it's diverse for the sake of been diverse, I'm not watching it.

I'll re-watch Rome instead. A show that accurately portrays women spreading their legs to gain influence. That's female power not fighting men in combat.

>Because both historical evidence, genetic findings and writings from the period clearly indicate that there were "black" people in North Africa

Sure, a handful, among the hundreds of thousands of whites and semites, Don't try this sophist bullshit.

>anyone could become a Roman citizen, provided they either serve or pay for it.

Nope.The other italians fought against Rome multiple times just for the right to be equal citizens.And lost.
What you discribe is the late empire after Caracalla.

White actors becoming scarce in UK these days I guess.

So you're saying I'm correct? Great, glad we settled that.

The problem is that even if there were black Roman legionaries (likely, considering the size of the Empire) it completely ignores that legions stationed in Africa wouldn't move from their geographic proximity unless some major battle (like Actium, Phillipe and Siege Carthago) was about to take place. It doesn't make sense from a logistic or tactical standpoint as to why Romans would move legionaries accustomed to fighting in one sort of climate to another. DNA analysis of Roman soldiers in Europe has even shown that the men mostly came hailed from a geographic location close to were they fought and died.

Go back to Gaul, ginger nob!

I have a bachelors in history, the early Roman empire (what this show is based on) being one of my favorite historical periods of study.
Show me the historical facts of niggers being in the Roman legions.
The legions recruited almost exclusively in Italy, Spain and Gaul during this period.

I think you're confused on what "citizen" means in this context. There were different levels of citizenship, but as long as you held any level, you could become a legionnaire.

While full Roman citizens were generally limited to Italy, there were plenty of Latinitas who held a lower level of citizenship.

Nope :^) 10 nigger slaves among a population of a hundred thousand does not make for half the legionnaires of the Empire being black

Islam will dominate the world beforehand Mohamed has been born

If Rome was so diverse why has Europe remained predominently white until mass migration? Did they all up and leave once the Roman empire fell?

> historical evidence

What evidence?

> genetic findings

I thought race was a social construct? How can genetically identify millennia old niggers when it's just a social construct?

> writings from the period

What writings specifically? I'm amazed I passed my degree without coming across any of this.

AYOO HOL UP
*proudly salutes*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*sharpens gladius and cleans scutum*
WHAT YOU BE SAYIN
*conquers and cultirizes Europe*
WHAT YOU MEDITERREAN BOY BE SAYIN IS
*develops rule of law and fine society*
WE...
*takes care of body hygiene and image*
WE WUZ...
*subdues dirty nigger barbarians*
WE WUZ ROMANZ N SHIEET?!

glourious

And Illyria! Don't forget Illyria!

8/10

audible kek

>implying Mediterranean were brown back then

you dont really understand how this works right?

checked
nice image too

Do you think I have a chance with Octavia if I tell her I'm her long lost brother?

>The concept of "black" people as a race flatly didn't exist during the period

you might be retarded if you actually believe that.

Seen adverts for this everywhere. I knew they were going to pull this ROMANZ shit. Just like everything else they get their palm wringing hands on.

If it's anything like that Beowulf tv show from a few years ago, it won't last long.

>about the Romans invading England...
*Britannia, England nor the English or the concept of these two things existed at this time.
>inb4 meme studies are spouted

Of course, it's easier to convey this way

>What is Sky trying to convey with this?
Britain has always been a mixed race multicultural land! The niggers and Arabs brought civilization to the backwards white savages!

I'm not a bong and I've never seen the show but those would be my guesses as to what they're trying to push.

the concept of black people didn't exist at the period because they weren't considered people

The Eagle isn't great either, Romans using leather segmentata, and using the testudo to engage an enemy only armed with melee weapons. It's pretty stupid.

I think the film Centurion is a lot better but still stupid in places.

Ever heard of saint Maurice ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Maurice

>1-3%
>at the end of the empire
Well that's that, idris elba should play Julius Caesar.
Kayne West will represent Augustus.

Agreed. There's no way there'd be negroes in the Legions and just mixed in with the regular Legionnaires. If the Roman Legions invading Britannia did have any blacks with them, they'd either be slaves or auxiliaries.

>This kills the Frenchman
She shitposted without knowing it!

>being this mad

This was written about a few weeks back. Basically the media has decided that if they make it appear real then people will buy it and be more accepting of multiculturalism. Fucking sick and disgusting.

Reminds me of vikings, where polyarmory and free love somehow is widespread and accepted. Completely ignoring any issues such as pregnancy. Even the closest historical records come to it, show it as exclusively polygyny. Doesn't matter to modern tv.

The Roman stuff you could possibly rationalise away with the scope of their empire, dna records etc. But the BBC are teaching children that there were black people in Britain in the fucking iron age.

Been seeing this show advertised on sky tv and I just fucking KNEW this shit would be in it, shame cause it looked pretty good, not watching this garbage now, it should be illegal desu

Its not completely impossible there were black people in Brittania brought by the romans, most likely slaves and of nubian origin though

Absolutely disgusting. Historical revisionism in real time.

There were lots of Roman auxiliaries that were various shades of brown at various points.

This makes one looks a bit too high ranking but I'm not super Rome expert.

shut the fuck up you nigger

Wasn't Russel Crowe's character from Gladiator a spaniard?

fucking retard, islam didnt exist in 43 ad

surprise pol doesn't know what the fuck its talking about it. please kys

>it's not completely impossible
What a great standard that we should base the history we teach children on.
Next in "not completely impossible" history.
>Plato was an avid drunk who liked to take bites out of living birds
>Confucius was a transsexual child rapist
>An Indian invented the first combustion engine two thousand years ago

unironically drink bleach, and please make sure everyone related to you does too because your dumbass doesn't need to populate the earth.

kys

that movie was so shit, not even including Sir Niggalot

That was my point you absolute low IQ inbreed

>pic

BBC chose their name well

> i'm backtracking

okay cuck. you idiots dont even know how your own racism works . i bet you also think the earth is flat, right?

No Bulgaria, you are the retard for assuming that muslim is an ethnicity

Before camels were introduced to the middle east and north Africa crossing the Sahara and Arabian desert was EXTREMELY difficult. The Romans only managed it 2-3 times I believe. So negro people would have to be from up the Nile, such people moving in to the Roman Empire would not be considered citizens until the Edict of Caracalla in 212 AD, this however was only for freemen and not slaves. If you weren't a citizen you couldn't join the legion, you could join the Auxiliary forces but they were composed of men raised from their local regions by their peers looking for citizenship through service, they would not allow a foreigner to join their ranks and would much prefer someone they knew well.

crossing the sahara was incredibly difficult. JUST GO LOOK UP STATUES OF HANNINAL AND SEE WHAT A NORTH AFRICAN LOOKS LIKE

>How does it help anyone to put anachronistic characters in every TV show for the sake of "diversity"?
It makes them fake...and boring. Turn it off, OP, TURN IT OFF.

That's not a legionnaire though...

Speaking of

And the history books are being re written again.

No, he's saying you're wrong. SO many niggers should not be in the damn show, and you even admit it.

Imagine the flip out if the roles were reversed. I'm making a movie set in ancient Nigeria where most of the cast are white.

You know, if they wanted to show one or two blacks/Arabs/Indians or whatever in the background, I wouldn't care. Considering the size of the Roman legions, and they fact they used auxiliary units practically everywhere, especially around 43AD, it isn't that much of a stretch.

But to have them as command personnel and actual Roman representatives is just fucking stupid. I mean, how many black Roman citizens would there have been? Maybe the 5 or so surviving career gladiators? And why would they then go on to join the legions for?

That's the difference between the left and centrists like myself when it comes to this historic agenda pushing shit. Centrists look at this and go "ok, a certain amount of X might be plausible if you think of it", whereas these lefty faggots will screech "IT HAPPENED! IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT IT, YOU'RE A RACIST! NOT ONLY DID IT HAPPEN, BUT IT HAPPENED TO THE ABSOLUTE EXTREME!".

Stupid communists.

They take an exception or possible exception and present it as the norm.

>Centrists look at this and go "ok, a certain amount of X might be plausible if you think of it"
The actual difference is that you're behind the curve.
If things keep going as they are centrists will be saying.
>yeah, Rome was probably around half black, and Britain also had a bunch of immigrants, but blacks didn't run everything