Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

My father-in-law is a veteran. 100% disabled. He's worried that the federal shutdown is going to affect him. He's heard that "trump is punishing veterans" because of the shutdown. My understanding is that the democrat kikes are the ones holding this hostage because theyre putting spics over vets.

thoughts?

Nothing you said is true. You're Jewish and you're a fucking faggot. Israel won't exist soon. Enjoy.

VA will be fine in the short term.

Is this /ourspambot/ or are you genuinely retarded

Yes the dems wont vote on budget unless the republicans lower their stance on not just DACA but immigration in general.

VA is fine for a while still.

Tell him a simplified truth. Both parties agree to everything in the spending bill, but the majority of democrats refuse to vote for it because they want protections for non US citizens (which expire in a couple of months, well after VA is affected).

Keep in mind all these talking points the left puts out like:

"He will only punish veterans"

"Children will die"

Are actually veiled threats disguised as political speech.

Pt 2

VA and SSA positions, at least those serving the public, are exempt from the shutdown, and will be working without pay to make sure he is taken care of. That means your father-in-law should be okay in the short term.

However, because Republicans hate federal employees with a passion, in the long run the could be fucked because all the brightest people aren't going to put up with shit/no pay raises/pay freezes/benefit cuts/little to no opportunity for promotion every year. VA hired 40k people last year and that was barely enough to keep up with people getting tired of the BS Republicans keep giving fed employees like the suggestion of a 2019 pay freeze and cuts to retirement and health benefits while the private sector is booming. They're already having a hell of a time getting medical staff as is.

Pt 3

Long run he could be fucked*.

fucking quality

Not to mention that there are tens of thousands of VA positions that have not been filled in addition to the incredibly high attrition rate due to aforementioned issues. I don't see that getting better under Trump with his plans to freeze federal pay and put even more costs on the back of federal employees who already have shit pay for many regions of the country.

sauce?

democrats and republicans had a nice bi partisen so this wouldn't happen. Trump said "no" so here we are.

With that being said your father in law will likely not lose benefits. The military and VA are both working as normal.

An user posted it in a government shutdown thread a day or so ago. I just saved it.

Y did he say no? isn't it becuase of Charles 'Chuckie Cheese' Schumer

first bamp
he's still freaking out. what do i tell my old man?

He should remember the OTHER shutdowns if he's an old man. They didn't collapse the VA.

t. MSgt (Retired)

Your dad fought and was disabled for the peace meme flag?

father in law, not my dad. War is a jewish trick.