Koe no Katachi

What did you think of the movie?
In your opinion, how does this compare to Tamako Love Story and the K-On! movie?
Would you like to see Yamada stick to films, or direct another TV series?

Best Yamada film by far, and she should alternate between series and films.

Should have cut some characters and be longer. It just felt like a constant rush.

I'm hoping she sticks to film. She gets to truly shine with them and you can see her growth as a director.

Best Yamada work in general. Not for storyfags though.

I really enjoyed it. It's the best thing Kyoani has ever made. As long the source material is good Yamada can make it work

So why is ishida's mom ear bleeding? Did shouko's mom tear her ear or what? Also how the hell could a high schooler could save money to up to $17,000.

Anyone here watched horriblesubs? is it good?

Of course not. Take a BD rip.

>So why is ishida's mom ear bleeding? Did shouko's mom tear her ear or what?
Tore an earring out I think

Pedro showed his fucking face

Yeah, but did she tore it herself as an apology or it was shouko's mom ? Also why is yuzuru not going to school?

AOTYAY

35mm >= Nii-sama > HorribleSubs

Is Shouko for sexual or is she off-limits?

Best girl

Ueno did nothing wrong

She is way too pure and good

Shes begging for it

Chex

Shouko's deaf talking didn't necessarily arouse me sexually per say, but definitely awakened something inside me. I think this was moe in it's most unfiltered and purest form.

Anyone else feel the same?

I just watched it.

I don't know why but I didn't really enjoy it all that much, I think maybe the characters were a little too over dramatic which made the whole situation very unbelievable to me.

I thought the animation was great, I think the story and pacing was good, I just didn't enjoy it.

It was so touching and cute. Literally any time she talked I died inside. When she says "I'm trying my best" or tries to tell ishida she loves him through speech were godly scenes

Girls with disabilities are for patricians with exquisite taste. Something about wanting to protect their smile and telling them everything will be daijoubu.

Just as vapid and underwhelming as the both of those.

Terrible ending that leaves much to be desired. Drawn out second act with a rushed third.

The arts good and that's about all the nice things I can say specifically related to the movie.

Damedesuyo are working on it though but 35mm was more than good enough.

>Damedesuyo are working on it
Source?

>how does this compare to Tamako Love Story and the K-On! movie?

It was better than either but a mediocre adaptation only really taking the most superficial elements of the original source material and in doing so portraying the characters in the story as rather more shallow features of their true selves.

my nigga

Side characters kinda seemed underdeveloped. The whole movie felt rushed.

This.

Far far better than her other productions which is either trash or just meh

The movie felt like a dream. It was great. This movie will be remembered long after. Yamada really poured her heart into this.
If there was one bad thing I had to say about this, it would be the scene when Shouya wakes up and runs to the bridge to find Shouko. Everything was well animated. Good animation. Good characterization/character acting.

She should stick to movies and to Yoshida.

For a movie I thought the animation was sort of mediocre. Maybe my expectations are too high, I wasn't asking for Ghibli or Madhouse tier animation but I was at least expecting something like Your Name or Nerawareta Gakuen, or hell Kizumonogatari had some very good looking scenes here and there. This movie was flat all around in the sakuga department.

Yamada/Yoshida really is the dream team.
If only Horiguchi was still around

Horiguchi Would be great again. Nishya's autistic designs have an impact on the animation. Also the sound guy in this movie was dope.

I liked to see her step away from anime in general, she's the reason why this feel flat, she tried to adapt all 7 volumes instead of reworking the entire thing, cutting of vapid characters and plot elements could have saved this.

Is it just me, or does Yamada's works in general feel really gentle? I think it's really evident in Hibike S1 vs S2, in which she played a lot smaller in the latter. S1 never felt melodramatic outside of Ribbons vs Reina but S2 felt melodramatic consistently.

The whole gentle feeling of her work makes a lot of scenes in this movie so much more impactful, such as the first time Ishida and Shouko feed koi together for the first time, and the OST accentuates the gentle feeling of the movie so well.

pata webms someone wanted

Ishihara definitely goes more ham on the drama than her.

When was this scene again?

I gave it a second try today. Watching it with somebody else so I could not be blinded by emotions. It was still as good.
Compared to Love Story. I love them both, I can't choice. One is a romance and the other one is a story about growing up, too different to compare. The K-on film is inferior to both of them though, same goes for disappearance. Disappearance is the 3rd best film from kyoani.
Yamada can dow whatever she wants as long as she gets her artistic integrity intact, thing that apparently was compromised when she worked on Tamako Market. So Maybe movies are better.

The only real problems are with the story. How did ishida escape the hospital and are japs really big pussys to not call ueno a cunt?

1h9m
Ishida afraid if she wants to meet him again texts her

Thanks.
It's cute how she gets excited when it comes to Ishida

> and are japs really big pussys to not call ueno a cunt?

The manga is much clearer about calling her a cunt. The movie tries to redeem her a lot more, and is much nicer to most of the characters.

For someone who didn't go into expecting much, I have to say I was quite impressed. I assumed a lot would be cut in the movie and a lot was but Yamada was able to make use of the main plot points and pour a lot of emotion into them.

Shouko's mom is pretty agressive, so it could be that, but Ishida's mom could have done it so that Shouya doesn't get beat. His mom's reaction works for both.

> Also why is yuzuru not going to school?
She doesn't seem that sociable outside of her family, and then Ishida, and then his friends. She also could be depressed since her family situation is so fucked. Taking shots of dead things for her sister is another thing that could be taken the wrong way and lead her to isolation.

I hope that with this movie, Kyoani start to adapt manga from other publishers instead of doing always adaptation of light novel published by themselves.

But considering how the movie flopped in both theater and bds, I think this is not going to happen and we will instead get Phantom World Season 2.

Great movie, Hayamin acting was good.

Next in Kyoani's list is
>2 Gay! recap movies and a new movie
>New chu2 movie
>Violet Evergarden
>Haruhi S3
no Phantom World as of right now.

I cant wait for the NTR doujins

>But considering how the movie flopped in both theater and bds
Nice try.

I loved the movie. I think it was honestly KyoAni's best production in years
The whole movie felt really genuine and made me really get a feel for the two MCs Shouko and Ishida. Other other characters could have used some more development, but when again who cares, they're only secondary characters.
But yeah I thought he movie was really solid and well done.
TLDR Yamada made yet another masterpiece

I know it's the mandatory NTR comment, but the manga is relatively old and the movie has been out for a while in Japan. You're not going to get many more than what we already have.

>Ueno buys one of those assisted hearing devices teachers wear around their neck for near-deaf students so shouko can hear her having sex with Ishida in the janitors closet.

Ishida having sex with Yuzuru and then Shouko comes in.

Haven't seen the movie yet. I'll probably watch it soon since I'm currently busy with mandatory government inspections.

How many times have you watched the movie?

Is the mindbreak implied here? I don't see this happening without some form of mindbreak

Fully? twice.
I've seen individual scenes countless scenes.
OST on replay since I've seen it the first time.

I really love it, can't stop thinking about it. I keep finding new things to love, and while I had some reservations on first viewing I've been coming around to some of the more difficult choices. I would like to see her stick to film.

should i go for HS file or beatrice raws

Twice, but only raw so far. Gonna watch it with subtitles tomorrow. I think that it's very rewarding to rewatch.

Once. Trying to not rewatch too soon.

once but i'll probably watch it again with my imouto