There wasn't anything else that could've been done so don't act like you can judge him

There wasn't anything else that could've been done so don't act like you can judge him.

I can't, no one can. He did literally nothing wrong. If it weren't for the fire he would've won, but there was no way he ever could've know about that especially since he was busy purging.

how do you have someone so right and so wrong in the same series?

I mean, I'm sure there were other things that could have been done.

He could have kept a vampire sex slave.

>literally tortured his wife to death to confirmed that vampires are weak to stakes
He could have watched literally any vampire movie or done a google search.
he was a deranged psycho from the start.

user, nobody actually thinks that what he did was wrong.

Nobody was on the side of the Shiki on this board. Anyone that claims to be so is just memeing for replies and fake outrage.

I'm not "on the side of the Shiki," but I don't hate the priest. Ozaki was completely justified for defense against aggression, though, can't hold that against him.

I was though.

Nice meme

I don't blame him for killing the vampires, literally nobody does. But he was horrible to his own wife. You make a vow when you get married to protect and love each other no matter what. He was cruel to her.

And saying "til death do you part" is just following the letter at the expense of the spirit.

best boy

Is amazing he didnĀ“t care about the vampires eating humans, I guess when you are a loli everything is justified.

There is no google in this remote village, no internet at all. There is no other way to explain nobody noticing anything, as well as the outside world not noticing anything.

Nice meme

His wife was a shit, though.

There is literally only one opinion to have about faggotmonk.
>holy shit fuck this fucking prick. asskisser signs up with the monsters, betrays his people completely, murders based liquor paladin, and comes out of it all with immortality, superpowers, and a sexy immortal loli wife who will forever love him and only him. Fucking fuck that piece of shit I wish I was him so badly but fuck him.

Humans are overrated.

>murders based liquor paladin
I'm still mad

it's not very wise to let fiction inform your decisions.

Doesn't matter. Marriage vows don't go "I promise to love and honor and protect unless you a shit". Neither were perfect people. No excuse to treat his own wife like that.

>I saw this in a movie so it should work
That's some Azazel tier planning.

>wife is a shit
>turns into a monster
>tortures her to figure out how to stop the monsters
>BUT MARRIAGE VOWS
Nigger, do you get upset when people divorce abusive spouses, too?

1) She wasn't abusive, no more than he was.
2) I don't believe in divorce without abuse and even then you can't hurt your spouse.

What does a wedding vow mean if you break it on a dime? Its not okay. Did his words mean nothing?

Your fedora is cutting off the blood supply to your brain.

She'd turned into one of the creatures that were killing off everyone in the village. He needed to know how to kill them so used her as research to that end. Thats all there is to it.

And scientifically how the fuck was he supposed to know these very real and very dangerous monsters had the exact same weaknesses as their silly black and white movie counterparts? He already knew they operated on some overly complex and completely undocumented method of hypnosis so there was literally no way of knowing traditional lore would hold true. He just happened to use it as a jumping off point and luckily for him the legends weren't full of shit. And if they were he would've used science to pinpoint a different method of purging the infection, which was a very real possibility and the whole point of experimenting on his wife in the first place. He did exactly what an intelligent and capable man of science should under the circumstances, which was kill or be eaten.

I rewatched Shiki recently and it has really aged well. It was a pretty excellent show. Shame it didnt really get the praise it deserved at the time

I can't respect someone who values killing their enemies over sticking by their loved ones.

He's her wife. You can't use your wife or husband as an experiment. You can't sacrifice your wife or husband to some greater "end". You need to be caring for each other. That's all there is to it.

You can, but it makes you a heartless piece of shit.

Samefag fuck off.

I know this is a christian board but please fuck off already.

>2 seconds apart
Okay champ

Except she was already one of those enemies

did anyone else laugh when that pink haired girl got her face run over by the tractor, serves her right stupid bitch haha

Because vampires were established as being completely normal and well researched parts of the setting right? When an unknown creature bearing resemblance to fictive creatures appears assuming that they're the same is incredibly irresponsible and dangerous.

It's got nothing to do with Christianity.
I can't speak for him, but my moral code isn't something gay like "do whatever allows the greatest number to survive", it's "protect people I love from people who threaten their existence". From my point of view, anyone who demands the death of someone I love is an enemy of mine, regardless of their nature or number. Being different doesn't make someone my enemy.

No you can't make me.

Not the same person, but I do agree with . What good is killing vampires if you kill the people you vow to care for?

For greater mankind, fuck xenos.

Not familiar with the concept of loveless marriage are you? She was probably fucking all kinds of dudes behind his back and living a life pretty much wholly removed from him, though he obviously doesn't care in the slightest since he clearly had nothing but disdain for her and didn't even hardly consider her a factor in his life. The only things binding them together in any way were some legal documents and a couple of rings that were only for show.
And now that I think about it, he never even wore his did he? I wonder why that could possibly be.

>Not familiar with the concept of loveless marriage are you?
Love is a choice. I do know some people have difficult marriages. I know that feelings can change and fluctuate through your life.

Makes no difference to their promise or their vows. You are making excuses and you know it. Marriage is difficult and you need to be strong. He not only broke his vows he really scared and hurt her.

Why did Natsuno had to die ;_;
Also nice put user

Greater good is nice and all that, but as those two said, I put me and mine above the lives of strangers. If my close friend became a Shiki and asked me to help him I would. I'll side with the person I know rather than the random face in the crowd of humanity 100 times out of a 100. If a stranger or an acquaintance became a Shiki then it's triple purge time though.

The one Vampire that deserved to die the most is the only one that got to live. Bullshit. I actually just laughed out loud at her sob story. I don't understand why we're meant to feel sorry for her. When she's telling her story, how can you not connect the dots? She's over a century old, meaning she's already lived longer than any human and as much as it sucks that some guy robbed her of her life, but she's done that the exact same thing to thousands, if not more. I get it, you want to live, but she's really so sad about it, after living for twice as long as any human would and having a long, full life that comes at the expense of robbing untold numbers of innocent people of their much shorter life, you would think any decent person would think, "If I keep doing this, I'm really just being a selfish cunt, aren't I?" and let it end. I guess that's why they made her a cute loli to try and trick people into feeling sympathy for her.

You did great by ignoring everything user said because muh vows, just fuck off already retard.

I want monk to leave.

It was a small village, almost everyone in it were people he knew and were friends. He had family there as well, beside his wife, who were living. She was dead and done. I don't agree with your idea, since it eventually just escalates until it starts killing more and more people, and soon enough people you do know and probably yourself soon, but what if it's between someone you know and hundreds of others that you know? You're just going to help him or her kill your other friends? Because that's essentially what it came down to. She was dead and a monster at that point.

Given their history, his mother would probably have been one of her first targets to feed upon. Are you just going to help her kill your mother? Or turn a blind eye?

His wife died, then became a vampire. The only way he could save the village is if he stopped the vampires. He did not have any other choice.

Yeah I'd fuck xenos, fuck the greater good.

what was up with that shiki kid with the puppet was she trying to lure Natsuno outside or kill him there I can't remember.

I'd destroy the entire multiverse to protect one person whom I shared a bond of love with. Of course, that clearly wasn't the case with him and his wife.

Yeah he did. He treated her very very coldly. You need to rewatch. He didn't do "what needed to be done". He treated her like nothing.

Not how you treat your wife.

He only married her in the first place because of his mom, dipshit. The same mom he admitted he hated so much that he literally didn't give a single shit when he found her murdered corpse. It wasn't a marriage, it was a sham and he did the right thing.

>Help my friend kill my other friends
Absolutely not, I'd make sure he went for the homeless and other wastrels first. That said, I live in a pretty small town with a pop of about 1.5k tops and I could count the people I know and care about on a single hand. That said, leaving is absolutely an option. Hell, that's how the loli vamp survives. Trust me, even in small communties there's someone to hate, as the closeness doesn't exactly allow ambivilance to breed

Well, in that case, I can't fault him for anything. That said, I'd side with the vampires simply because they're more interesting people.

If you destroyed the entire multiverse, you wouldn't be protecting them. They, you and everyone would be dead, you know. I don't think you are very capable of thinking logically. And your own mother is irrelevant compared to someone who is, essentially an undead monster at this point and you would happily slaughter your own blood for?

Fuck the vamps and the heretical priest. The humans were 100% in the right.

Less vampires.

He still made a promise. Arranged marriages do happen. You need to work hard to make them work. Not treat her like that. Its wrong. One day when you get married you will understand.

This was my exact thought process at the end of it all. Fuck him, but I would probably do the exact same thing in his shoes.

I mean of course every living thing in the multiverse. If destroying the multiverse was the only way and we would both die afterwards anyway I'd still do it though. I don't really care whether or not someone is my "blood", bonds of the heart are more important than bonds of flesh. Yeah, I don't care if she was an undead monster or whatever, if I truly loved her I wouldn't care about something like that.

She WAS a Vampire, though. She was dead. Devotion is nice and all, but some people change. If someone becomes a mass murdering monster that is technically no longer even living, you would think the deal is off.

>Shame it didnt really get the praise it deserved at the time
That's to be expected when the first half of the show sucks. I hadn't watched past the first three episodes if I didn't have friends that insisted it got good later on.

Is this wife shit the new Shiki bait? Maybe it's been around for a while but typically these threads are just vampire fags vs absolutely correct human supporters.

Jesus just grow up already you manchild, do you have no other ''argument'' other than so called vows you keep parroting about?

What happens when after killing every other living thing in the multiverse, you "live" an incredibly destitute and boring life because there are no facilities to survive and any entertainment? What happens when she grows bitter then and even starts to despise you. What about if she hates you for what you have done and sees you as nothing but a monster now?

>If someone becomes a mass murdering monster that is technically no longer even living, you would think the deal is off.
Why? Unless her mind was destroyed and she was nothing but a mindless body, I wouldn't care what make or model her physical form was.

Blood of the covenant my nigga

Enjoy getting eaten by your skank vamp wife then. Don't expect everyone else to buy into your shitty logic.

I'd rather be homeless and broke with someone I love than rich and lonely. Yes, I would absolutely shoulder her hatred of me. If it was a guy who happened to be my best friend, I'd do it too. Even if they hate me for it.

And that is your problem. Who is to say they are going to listen to you? You're assuming you have control of the situation when you really don't. The Vampires all worked together for the most part. You are not one of them. You're their prey. They think with their stomachs for the most part and stick together. They were forced to. What happens when your friend is ordered to kill one of your other friends or even yourself? What happens when one day he just gets hungry and eats someone you care about, intentionally or not? What happens when, after many years, he inevitably losing compassion for mankind because of what he is and sees them - yourself included - as prey and won't listen to you? Or just uses you as a source of food.

Oh I would too, in a heartbeat. But still, fuck him.

So even if they didn't want you to and would hate you for it, you would ruin the lives of every other being, included your supposed love or friend, just to satisfy your own selfish ideals?

In this scenario, everybody is either dead or miserably unhappy to the point of suicide, your friend/love included, except for yourself. You're not doing it for them, then, you're just doing it for yourself.

Did nothing wrong.

>1) She wasn't abusive, no more than he was.
I wasn't saying she was, nigger.
>2) I don't believe in divorce without abuse
That's not what I asked. Divorce for abuse is still a violation of marriage vows.

That is correct.

Anyone who claims they would murder their friends and family out of hand if they became vampires is a dirty commie who should be taken for a helicopter ride. That said, sciencebro held no love for his wife and while it is abhorrent to break your word he did it for the right reasons and is justified in it

Commies are the ones who believe in greater good bullshit you dumb nigger.

Well, at least you realise you are basically just a selfish psychopath.

>ITT: if you break a promise for any reason whatsoever, then you're a shitter

I never claimed to be sane.

Not sure if chuuni fedora or elaborate troll.

>woooooow how dare these humans retaliate against us slowly killing them

The vampires literally need to feed off the same human THREE TIMES in a row to kill them. Instead of rotating humans in order to preserve their livestock they fucking kill them and create more mouths to feed. It's like Salem's Lot but retarded.

Why? I just know where my priorities are. Yeah, I guess I am kind of a chuuni fedora according to your definition of it.

Yes, and you've just admitted that you'd prioritize your own happiness over the happiness of the person you supposedly love.

They can't be happy if they're dead. And this is assuming they wanted to kill everyone else anyway. Although I would still do it even if they hated me for it.

>all that assumption
Dude, even in the show we're shown that people can resist in Natsuno. And if we assume you're right, and they one day lose control of their self and begin to rampage I'd do my absolute best to end them myself. They deserve nothing less.

Reread the post you dumb nigger. That's the whole point of the post

The story was going for some moral grey "who are the real monsters and who deserves to live" thing, right? I wanted to buy into it, but it fell flat. Leaving aside the whole moving to an innocent town and murdering people, including children thing, there's a reason most Vampires in stories are small communities living in secret. Because as werewolf guy points out in the manga, the hunters can never outnumber the prey. If they try to create an entire town, then there's nobody left and they eventually have to move on anyway to feed. Meaning it's useless. Because they keep growing and their supply lessens until they either move and the process just repeats or they starve to death or a civil war breaks out and they have to kill each other over food.

In the end, if you sided with humans or the shiki, it doesn't matter. The only real moral of the story at the end of the day is that loli vampire was a retard from either side's perspective. Which makes monk look like an even bigger idiot for joining her.

For him to be able to do any kind of "testing" he has to believe his wife is gone. To him his wife died the moment she stopped being human.

>every utilitarian is now a communist

he is a fucking hero
if anything, his mistake was taking too long to experiment on that vampire bitch and torch those abominations

They're both just as bad, and for the same reasons.

Natsuno was a werewolf, not a Vampire. They are different. He doesn't HAVE to feed. A more accurate comparison would be his friend who was a vampire. Look how that turned out. Natsuno did try to help him, and he dies for it and was probably killing other people he knew too. So it all amounted to nothing.

And in the end, he died anyway. Which is always going to be the end result. Better to do it sooner, rather than later, no? If not for the lives of the people he would have killed, then just so he doesn't have to see himself become a monster and die with regret.

Guess I got my names mixed up. I meant the kid who got turned and proceeded to help the scientist.

Further, your better sooner than later goes both ways. You're going to die eventually and a vampire is essentially immortal. Isn't it better to give your limited life to ensure their eternal one? You're also assuming anyone infected will eventually come to see themselves as a monster. Why can't they come to terms with it and then try to minimise their impact on others while still living. It's not like you have to drain someone dry. Why can't someone simply drain some blood into a bloodbag. Hell, even multiple sources into the same bag to make up volume of necessary. Health concerns aren't exactly shown to be an issue

Nice meme

> meant the kid who got turned and proceeded to help the scientist.
Not him, but that's Natsuno. He's a supervampire.

There's the nurse, though. She held out against feeding altogether, so it's easy to imagine someone holding out just against feeding on unacceptable targets.

>It's not like you have to drain someone dry. Why can't someone simply drain some blood into a bloodbag. Hell, even multiple sources into the same bag to make up volume of necessary. Health concerns aren't exactly shown to be an issue
I always think about this when watching vampire shows. Both sides are retarded for not coming up with this compromise sooner.

Nice "Nice Meme" meme

>for the same reasons
No, a practical political theory and an abstract moral position are not bad for the same reasons.