Koe no Katachi fail

>Guy regains consciousness in hospital
>Is only on a nasal cannula

What the FUCK is this? If a patient loses consciousness, then he can no longer protect his airway. Therefore hospital protocol mandates the insertion of an endotracheal tube to maintain airway patency and protect the lungs from aspiration. An ETT is a huge plastic tube that is inserted through the mouth and vocal cords, connected to a large machine called a ventilator which handles the work of breathing for the patient. This setup is also done exclusively in the intensive care unit, where the patient is under 24/7 supervision and could never escape like Ishida did in the movie. No sane hospital in the developed world could get away with putting an unconscious patient on a freaking low flow oxygen therapy setup like a nasal cannula.

0/10. Ruined the whole movie for me.

Calm down, user. It's anime. Not the Boards.

I didn't read any of that but I think he had a catheter in the manga.

Japanese hospitals aren't western hospitals.

He does, he actually makes a comment about it to Shouko if I remember correctly. I don't know if you can breathe through your dick, though.

You can

you don't pee through your nose, user.

>inaccurate representation of medical treatment
WTF?! I hate japtoons now!

How do you feel about the portrayal of medicine in SAO?

Anime may be medically inaccurate, but it's much better than Western media. I'll take "death by unspecified illness" over "easily surviving multiple heart attacks" any day.

Was he in the ICU to begin with? It's more probable that he had an ETT at some point, then he was booted from ICU, got his ETT removed and put under observation. Dude's young, he probably wasn't in that much danger to begin with.

Also, while under mechanical ventilation, patients don't wake up, since they're sedated.

Maybe YOU don't.

This. There is no way in hell that he got up and left the ICU without a single person noticing. Unless Japan's healthcare is as bad as people say.

I wish threads like this were made more often instead of shit like "why does Sup Forums hate or like X"

Talk about Sup Forums not being autsitic.

We had our share of Frodo threads a few years back, it wasn't much better.
This isn't the IMDB goof section.

He was moved from intensive care earlier that day you idiot. Pay attention next time.

Shut up nerd

Nigga, you're talking about a hospital that let an underage girl lock herself in with him for a week.

When I was in the ICU, there was no Wifi AP there so after asking them once I left all the time to take the elevator down to the cafeteria and download anime there to transfer to my laptop. No one ever stopped me despite being hooked on IV drip. 1st world country.

As entitled as it sounds, I can't imagine being stuck in a bed indefinitely without wifi. That must have been boring as fuck.

You're absolutely right. You should get in contact with that fictional hospital right now and make them aware of this breach in basic protocol. Further you should alert the appropriate healthcare authorities to this breach in conduct and tell them how this poor patients life was put at risk.

You don't extubate someone unless they recover consciousness and thus can protect their airway. Even if he recovered from his injuries, the fact he did not wake up means he shouldn't have left ICU. Ishida was clearly in the wards there, which is going against protocol.

>Also, while under mechanical ventilation, patients don't wake up, since they're sedated.
You remove sedation before extubation, you numb-nut.

user..

Medicine students are pathetic

It was definitely odd that the hospital is completely empty, or that the nurses didn't get a code when he removed his pulse sensor. But being this autistic about it, sasuga Sup Forums.

seems overboard to do assisted breathing if you just got knocked out, and arent having trouble breathing. no wonder american medical care costs so much when they waste equipment doing shit like that

I would fuck this girl.

>trying this hard to find something to complain about.

I miss Frodo threads. They were fun.

Does that well ventilated, poorly equiped room look like it belongs to an ICU to you?

>You remove sedation before extubation, you numb-nut.
That's my point. Why the fuck would you protect airway in someone who clearly doesn't need it? Maybe he needed the intubation in during his stay in ICU but he's no longer there period. If he can breathe by himself, let him. It's been days since the accident, he obviously recovered enough.

>Why the fuck would you protect airway in someone who clearly doesn't need it?
If you're unconscious, you cannot protect your airway. That is why decreased level of consciousness is one of the indications for intubation. You can have otherwise perfectly healthy people (e.g., young guys who OD on drugs) be in the ICU intubated and ventilated purely because they cannot wake up. You do not extubate someone before they regain consciousness.

It's clear you don't understand enough about how any of this works, user.

He doesn't need any of that because Ueno was performing mouth to mouth on him all day long

We get it, you're a medfag
shouldn't you be studying right now, big boy?

He was on a normal ward, without mechanical ventilation because his consciousness wasn't compromised enough to warrant intubation. That was observation at best. Probably he had a high Glasgow score before that shot. He woke up, fully orientated. What else do you want?

Mechanical ventilation risks nosocomial pneumonia. Review criteria for abandoning mechanical ventilation before stirring shit.

It he wasn't moved from intensive care before?

In the following scene he and girl find each others thanks to TELEPATHY and you're bothered by that shit?

Take it to, well, I don't think we have a medical board.

Looks like it's just a regular Year 1/2 med student who thinks he knows everything but haven't even been to any real hospitals.

Just do the whole world by a favour by dropping out of med school. The medical community doesn't need another incompetent autistic snowflake like you.

We Got Us A Map!

To Lead Us To A Hidden Box That's All Locked Up With Locks!