Why aren't magical girls popular?

Why aren't magical girls popular?

Because it's a 90's, early 00's trope that's more played out than zombies.

>It's a 90's trope
Dumb.

They are, but a handful of shows ate the whole market share, and most of the late night adult focused ones fail.

Sailor Moon? Yeah, totes dumb...

>clearly I'm a moron

Only spics love magical girls.

What is that image trying to represent?

Thought they liked Dora?

My point. Pay attention. If you want to be further educated on 90's magical girl anime try www.google.com.

>What are the 80's and the 70's

I didn't go back that far, but if you want to furather my point about how played out magical girls are, sure.

Hell, let's go all the way back to the 40's and 50's while we're at it.

>am spic
>love magical girls
Huh. So why is that?

Pedophilia

>Let me make a hyperbole to hide the fact I do not know about a trope born in the 60's - 70's

Spics live in a hypermasculine culture where most of them would get slapped for liking it. Mix that, with the fact they got more magical girl shows than the usual, and you have a bunch of frustrated old men making up for a childhood of trauma.

Madoka? PreCure?

Precure eats most of the straight magical girls fans, so what we get are either parodies or something that combine something with the genre. I think Houkago no pleaides was the last time we got a normal mahou shoujo anime.

yuri and idol fags have ruined the genre by bitching excessively any time a show about cute girls has a male love interest.

Yeah but what happened to the days where a magical girl was just cute? No rere love interest, no forced harem trope- just cute magical girls doing cute magical girl things?

Granted, it's usually sacharine to the point of I hate it, burn it to the ground, but it needs to exist. If for nothing else, it'll help bronies over the hump.

Magical Slayer Mamika

new season of cardcaptor sakura in seven months I am literally trembling in excitement

they are more popular in japan than here, and more popular with young girls than adult men. also, they are sort of the end-levels of anime, and not everyone makes it that far. it takes a few hundred series at least to realize that the genre is the pinnacle of the medium, combining all of the best aspects of anime while removing everything unnecessary.

twin angel is unironically AotS, by the way.

madoka is edgy shounenshit with a magical girl makeup job.

Because magical girl shows ran off selling plastic junk, and digital entertainment and phones have killed that market.

Adult magical girl franchises are a tiny fraction of the genre and mostly irrelevant

>twin angel is unironically AotS, by the way.
Good taste.