Post bad deconstructions

Often the word "deconstruction" is used as if it were synonymous with "good" when talking about anime/manga that fit one's definition. Post series that are bad regardless of the things they deconstruct (pic possibly unrelated)

fuck off with this stupid bait thread you retard

It isn't a deconstruction stop trying to bait
sage

>(pic possibly unrelated)

>literally a waifubait
>deconstruction
Yes, pic is unrelated.

>It isn't a deconstruction

so dont regard it as an example

I said it wasn't a deconstruction confirming that pic is unrelated, you are brain dead when it comes to English. Kill yourself

>Often the word "deconstruction" is used as if it were synonymous with "good"
No people use it as an excuse for liking something they typically wouldn't. It's the same reason people call Konosuba a parody when it's just a comedy, they don't want to admit they like an isekai so they make excuses for why they enjoy it.

I don't understand.

This thread is obviously a deconstruction of autistic threads on Sup Forums

I call the ones who deconstruction of a genre or trope like magical girls or shonen or isekai only when they ignore all the cliche that defines the particular genre and sets new standards

Kemono Friends is a deconstruction of the grimdark genre of the worst kind.

They say this because they want to make it seem like the shit they like is more profound and mature

Naruto is a deconstruction of the shounen genre

>Often the word "deconstruction" is used as if it were synonymous with "good"
No, they use it to describe a dark take on a genre (pic related)

A shame, you seem an honest man.

I never understood how dark edgy twists of a anime formula is "deconstruction"

because people take grimdark to be equivalent to "the most realistic outcome", as its easily contrasts compared to your other average story that wants to suspend disbelief for the sake of levity

But that's not what a deconstruction is.

When you deconstruct something, you take it apart in order to examine the parts that make it up.

holy fuck that ass

this is my new phone wallpaper, thanks user

if the pic is unrelated dont post it.

I deconstructed your mom.

So does Eva counts as a deconstruction of mecha?
>Teenager snapping under the pressure of having the burden of saving the world?
>Assume Shinji is not a giant pussy but just a teenager who just haven't dealt with his daddy issues and the whole piloting makes it worse

Can someone explain what a deconstruction is and how it's made? Assume I'm retarded and don't point me to the wiki article. I've read it and I don't see how do you apply it to deconstruct a work.

>Assume I'm retarded
done and done,
and I mean done.

Welp, I'm doomed to die with shit taste. Good thing is I will enjoy my shit shows

to think of it simply I think "this happens because of this reason, and this would happen as a result". That is, to analyze and present a conclusion to its inner workings

like going "characters of x type are made this way to present a particular angle in these familiar contexts. Placed in such a context, the character/world would most likely react like this: ___"

It is a more realistic take on whatever genre it is doing. For example madoka. In amgical girl the heroine alwayss wins through bullshit reasons and she gets powers without any consequence. Madoka deconstructs the magical girl genre by showing that you can't always win, power you receive comes at a price and much more.
If I were to deconstruct a shonen manga. I would have the protagonist be a teenager and not always win through hardwork/ main character bullshit and make it more realistic. If hes fighting someone with years of experience and is stronger that person will win. No bs excuse like hitting harder will make him win. that is a basic overview

It's a method of literary analysis, not a genre. People on TVTropes are just retarded and gave the word a new definition, probably because they didn't understand it. And for whatever reason their incorrect usage caught on.

>not always win through hardwork/ main character bullshit
plenty of shonen has the main characters losing to seasoned warriors

This is what how I perceived that people were using the word. A better example for shonen would be ever lasting consequences after fights. If anyone here read Baki, by deconstruction he'll be dead/severely impaired by now.

This seems more like what I thought. And this is why it really doesn't make much sense to apply to a genre (e.g shonen/shoujo/whatever) but to a particular series (e.g. let's deconstruct Madoka)
Still as a method for literally analysis the concept is quite complex to wrap my head around it.

barley. Look at the most popular ones. Naruto, bleach, one piece. The main character always wins and he always wins in the end through bullshit reasons like freindship or punching harder

He didn't post a pic though

I don't pretend to understand Derrida. His writing is incredibly dense. I just know enough to realize that people who refer to particular works as a deconstruction of the genre are completely abusing the term.

safe to assume almost no one uses the Wiki definition when talking about tv shows/books. Enough people use it in a new context to where I just consider it 2 different types

Yeah, and they always come back to beat them. It's actually pretty bad and predictable.

>Luffy \
>Ichigo |
>Goku | -- vs everyone
>Naruto| every
>Seiya /

>I don't pretend to understand Derrida
Based user. Feels good to know I'm not alone there ;-;

That's a more reasonable way to look at it, but I hate it when a term gets a new definition because people start using it incorrectly, and the incorrect definition catches on. "Data Mining" drives me insane. People use it these days to talk about extracting files embedded in game archives and such, which is completely not what term means.

>>Goku
>lost to Indian Guy, lost to Jackie Chun, lost to Raditz, lost to Cell, struggled to beat Buu in a team effort
>doesnt face them in a rematch

Fair enough, he still surpasses all of them. The Indian guy was killed so no rematch and Kame basically conceded defeat without fighting, which looking back you could pass it as part of their training when you see his motives.

Actually only Raditz killed him fair and square. Gohan was supposed to kill Cell but faggotry and by the time Buu was reached it really felt like Toriyama ran out of ideas, was tired and was just looking to get rid of Goku but he didn't make Gohan take mantle because probably executive order.

As a side note, I really pity Toriyama, he was forced to keep on writing DB for so long that honestly I'm surprised he didn't end himself. He originally wanted to end it after the first wish.

wasn't he already a big time mangaka with dr.slump?you would think he'd have more pull

Actually yes. Dr. Slump was a huge success and you can see pure Toriyama there which is reflected in the type of humour in the first entries of DB (toilet jokes, turds laying around, pervs and boobs).
But then again Japan sets itself apart when it comes to work ethics and such. It would be worthwhile to get ahold of the contract that Toriyama signed when he started with DB. On the one hand I believe that he enjoyed DB being so successful given and really didn't mind extending the series, I feel that it was probably around the second Budokai when he started regretting the success DB had. I believe he stated in an interview that after he finished DBZ he bowed to never work again in a long series