Castlevania Trailer

The Trailer for the new Castlevania Show has come out and it reminds me a lot of Vampire Hunter D.

youtube.com/watch?v=6uDlkHPuNiY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqyoTvZ5cOE
youtube.com/watch?v=bORGHpivY_E
youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA
powerhouseanimation.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederator_Studios
youtube.com/watch?v=V0JVpnHD6Sg
twitter.com/warrenellis/status/867512011793604610
collider.com/castlevania-animated-series-netflix-adi-shankar/
youtube.com/watch?v=VE-GAJ__uj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If there isn't a Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears variation at the bare minimum somewhere in the soundtrack I'm going to be pissed.

They will likely have some remix of it in the show

Isn't this a western cartoon adaption?

Looks like the Castlevania 3 cast?

>"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones,"
>"[The series is] going to be R-rated as f***,"
>"America's first animated series for adults."
I hate to drop shit prematurely, but I anticipate the worst. Art design may be be inspired by good anime, but that won't fix a shitty core concept.

think they will use a remix or something of the classic songs?

>but that won't fix a shitty core concept
What's wrong with Castlevania?

studio 4c?

if you don't count the lord of shadow and that mirror shit game, literally nothing

No, Frederator.

There's nothing wrong with it. The problem is they're adding original material to it, which from the producer's attitude makes it sound fucking stupid.

if the OST is shit, this will bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=KqyoTvZ5cOE

So it's an adaption of III or is gonna be a gaiden series, with one game per episode?

Who is this qt?

Konami doesn't care and Castlevania has been shit for like a decade

That looks boring.

they won't even be able to come to this and you know it
youtube.com/watch?v=bORGHpivY_E

>Warren Ellis

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

Never played Castlevania, but is the whole impalement of people a reference to Vlad, the impaler?

here the HD proper link
youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA

hmmm, feels like they're outsourcing the production to a jp or kr animation studio. Just looking at how its animated with its sfx and digital coloring.

Dracula in the novels is just an entire Vlad the Impaler reference.

Also Dracula in the games is the same as in the Bram Stoker novel, or at least virtually identical. The events and characters of the novel are referenced in various games including Bloodlines and Portrait of Ruin.

>only first episode has full animation
>rest is CGI bullshit
you know it

powerhouseanimation.com/

Apparently this is the studio doing key animation. It's American so I guess this show isn't anime then.

>hmmm, feels like they're outsourcing the production to a jp or kr animation studio. Just looking at how its animated with its sfx and digital coloring.

Thought it was being done by these guys en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederator_Studios

this game had the best version of bloody tears

SoTN has best vampire killer
youtube.com/watch?v=V0JVpnHD6Sg

is this anime?

>"This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones,"

It is.

twitter.com/warrenellis/status/867512011793604610

It's Powerhouse Animation

It's both

This is not anime. And no, outsourcing to a japanese studio doesn't count as anime. Fuck off.

Seems okay but kind of overly edgy, I'll give it a very cautious chance.

>HURR DURR LETS TALK ABOUT MOE SHIT
no fuck you

It just seems like the coked-up producer saying this is a "mature" series. Probably the easiest example to explain it to the masses

Anyway, from what we can see it actually looks good, and Warren Ellis is writing it. Looks already better than anyone could have hoped for

>WESTERN CASTLEVANIA SERIES LOOKS BETTER THAN NEW BERSERK ANIME

JUST

Calm down baby.

looks great

Japs BTFO

let's be honest, that wasn't really hard

It depends on the level of creative control the Japanese have. Batman The Animated series isn't anime, but The Animatrix and Halo Legends are.

Sypha?

>You will live to see western anime productions better than japanese ones
>And then see them corrupt it all

>If there isn't a Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears variation at the bare minimum somewhere in the soundtrack
That's crazy and just plain unthinkable. There's no way they're that stupid.

>Blonde
>Magic
Sypha probably.

It's Sypha.
Wonder how they'll handle Alucard.

I guess it's suppose to be Sypha.
Better than her Judgement redesign at any rate.

>That's crazy and just plain unthinkable. There's no way they're that stupid.
underestimating American idiocy

Not really setting the standard very high. But I admit it looks a lot more promising than expected.

Konami doesn't care about anything except money.

Fuck, it's CV3 setting, they're going to use old grumpy man Alucard right? Please save the pretty boy form for later.

Western animation is a rotting corpse overall but the one thing that the west does well is their integration of CG. That CG was very nice, the skeletons scene looked like a bootleg UBW.

a turd looks better than berserk

>Please save the pretty boy form for later.
Man, if this turns out well I hope they do Rondo and SotN. That's a big if though.

>nutflux
>western take on a series that was already killed by it's creators when they had a western studio reboot it for no reason
>muh muchoor
>muh animation age ghetto
>muh aych bee oh trash influence

not anime

He was already shown leaving his coffin in his pretty boy form, I'd doubt they'll try anything else considering that's how most people remember him anyway.

Rondo could be the cliffhanger season, where in the ending the castle wasn't destroyed, Richter goes missing, and Maria is searching for him. Then SotN could be the epic climax season where everything conclude. Not a big stretch for them to give a bigger attention to arguably the most popular CV game.

Oh fuck me. I actually haven't watch the trailer because of shitty connection. But yeah your reasoning make sense.

>Castlevania trailer comes up
>Generic Hollywood epic music plays

Americans are pussies. I bet it's rated R because of showing tits or ass or some shit like that.

>It's the R rated adaptation of a nintendo game for kids

>whip shit
No thanks

America wins AGAIN

I only hope this allows for more Castlevania merch to be produced. There is a severe lack of it.

(New) Berserk is the bottom of the barrel though.

>tfw played every single castlevania except the really old ones
Will I like this, guys? What does it feel to see one of your favourite games turn into an anime? Also best game.

yes

worst castlemania

Fuck off.

Best Castevania is obviously the 3D ones that saved (ruined) the game

This show will be based on the classic series (the third one to be exact). The "story" of those games are just 'a Belmont (sometimes with friends) will fuck Dracula up' and not much else. Who knows what'll they do with the adaptation, maybe they'll add more background stories.

Yes, no anime studio is on this

Why western studios keep using anime-style art?
I thought they hated anime

Western studios make references to anime more then you think. Maybe if you stuck your head out of your ass occasionally, you'd see that.

Im getting Vampire Hunter D vibes from this

Are any madhouse animators contracted for this?

>Hating whip castlevania
Faggot

majority of the work probably will be by them.

someone on the webs said its done by yeah, powerhouse animation and additional animation by MUA Film"korean maybe". But whatever, best of luck to the this IP.

Given how no anime studio is involved with this project, from now on you have the duty to report any threads about it.

Sypha

And its awesome they are going for the OG Famicom/NES look

ya know,this makes me feel nostalgic
how long has it been where the main female lead was an adult woman and not a teenager?
also reminds me of the 90s animation

>And its awesome they are going for the OG Famicom/NES look
For Sypha, yeah. Alucard is SotN Alucard though

>just one of the games I haven't played
Damn, i'm too curious to see what they can do. And the branch families have always helped the Belmonts and later the Morris, that's nothing new or old.

Which means lots of ecchi, gore and incest, just like 80% of modern anime

>From our previous chat, a few things still apply: They’re still basing the story on the video game “
>Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse” and it’s going to be a “super R-rated” take, similar to anime like
>Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll and Young Justice. To put it simply: This shit is not for kids.
collider.com/castlevania-animated-series-netflix-adi-shankar/

>anime like
>Young Justice
Wat

>anime like Young Justice
>Young Justice is not for kids

The best Castlevania is on PlayStation, my consolewarrior friend.

Yeah, this is the main concern so far. Adi Shankar is a hack, and he still wants to make his shitty edgy Power Rangers film. Hopefully his mouth doesn't match the show. Warren Ellis is writing, and at least he's a somewhat decent writer.

>And the branch families have always helped the Belmonts and later the Morris, that's nothing new or old.
Yeah, it's started in CV3 actually (which is a prequel to CV1). Companions were implemented quite early in the series. In the classic main games, the one without any companion is usually Simon (CV1 and CV4 protagonist).

Yeah but this show is the adaptation of a kiddy Nintendo game, my game brother.

But Aria of Sorrow is in the GBA.

Simon too pro.

youtube.com/watch?v=VE-GAJ__uj4
Best Castelvania.

>AOTY 2017 was made by muricans

This is exactly what I was saying on the Samurai Jack thread: american animation has actual creative freedom so they're able to stomp the shit out of japanese animation any time they want, as Avatar TLA or the first Samurai Jack series proved.
Americans are just too lazy the majority of the time and that's why such projects are so rare.

>Avatar TLA
>good

And stay there.

better than your shit waifubait

>“super R-rated”
>Young Justice
>This shit is not for kids.

I hope this wont be edgy for no reason

>Netflix
>It's actually not CGI shit again.

Okay, I might give this one a chance.

Once every 10 years they make something decent. Japan does every 5

>better than your shit waifubait
It isn't, thats why they turned the sequel into waifubait.