Vinland Saga 139

New chapter's out.

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/7ukn2u
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just checked on mangafox to see whether it was out already, goddam, I love you Hox

Who translated this?

>mangafox
>Who translated this?

This thread is off to a great start.

Sup Forums

I was just thinking "It's about time for Hox to post Vinland Saga"

Bright Eyes is Useless Moe.

You know she's wet as fuck seeing thor so great with kids.

Round eyes is a great character

based Hox as usual

I half expect that Full Eyes is going to end up being the "Thorfinn Karlsefni" that founds the colony in Canada at this point.

based Full-eyes, telling it how it is

Thank god for Full Eyes.

he has no room to talk on such a matter.

End of short chapter.

BASED HOX DELIVERS
Glad to get my monthly dose of Vinland Saga

This manga is ridiculously slow. ~20 pages every month? See ya in 2019 when this arc will be over.

Link: sendspace.com/file/7ukn2u

He's making this face here, but I just know he'll pussy out of even using a weapon

disgusting 18 pages, monthly, taking up as much space as possible, i wish i could forget about this series and remember it like 2 years for now so i could marathon the shit.

I just doublechecked and Thorfinn's mother's name isn't the historical Thorfinn Karlsefni's mother's name, but fuck if I know whether that means anything.

With the benefit of immediate translations, that's not too bad relative to all the scanltations that barely ever update.

Karlsefni isn't even a real "last name" in the modern sense, his actual last name would be Thorsson if anything. It's more like a title or epithet he earned for being somewhat famous as a fighter after he beat Thorkel.
His mother would also have a different last name, since she'd most likely be named for her father or mother too, Bjornsdottir for example (a tradition which is continued in Iceland to this day, and was common throughout Greenland and most of Scandinavia until recently, in a historical sense).

Names aren't really indicative of family in this case. For a similar reason they have a mobile App in Iceland that lets your compare your family line with someone else's (so you don't accidentally sleep with your cousin or half sister).

You're going up the wrong tree entirely, user. I never said anything about Karlsefni being his last name, nor did I say anything about his mom's last name. Her historical name, according to wikipedia, is Thorunn, while MC-Thorfinn's mom seems to be named Helga.

I love Hox wanna get married?

His wide eyer optimism: gone

I'm fine with him not using weapons/killing, but eventually there is no way he won't use one to defend himself.

>nothing fucking happens, the chapter
It's almost like I'm watching wheat grow again.

thanks Hox I can't contain my hype

Thanks Hox, based Full Eyes being based

THANK YOU HOX

hox rox my sox

Cheers.

Thanks as usual hox, any historie?

Yes he does. He always takes action within his realm of capabilities. I mean he even tried to sneak attack Garm, that would have killed him 9/10 times and he still tried it.

Just now i was thinking to check the archive and see if i had missed this months.

Bless you Hox

I think this was a very good chapter. Good art, good emotions, good character development. Now I want to know what Crossbow Dyke thinks of this situation. Once again thank you Hox for your hard work, it is much appreciated.

s

Thanks nigga

I like both arcs, but I would really like him to kick some ass and become less of a hippy.

Same. I haven't posted in one of these threads this year.

He's shown himself to be incredibly insightful. I half-expect it also.

Thank you, Hoxbro.

boring
this stupid fucking author wastes so much time on shit nobody cares about. just fucking make this fuck tell thorfinn about hostage situation offscreen and stop fucking showing thorfinn being hurrdurr conflicted for the 50th time

dropped

Wait... When did they get off the plantation?

Is there a collected archive of VS somewhere?

Thanks Hox.

This

At least someone has common sense.

They're on a boat now.

Also, thanks based Hox as usual.

based

Can someone give that guy a hug or anything?
Please.

he has no experience as a warrior

what would he know about moral dilemmas around taking human life?

Damn, reaching Miklagard will take a while.

Are you serious you triple nigger?

I'm hoping so. Mostly so we can see him tame shrew, Hild.

Hox proving to be based as usual.

Hox could you please tell me the name of the oneshot you dumped about six months ago? It about a girl who goes to visit her boyfriend's parents and they think it's their son, mistakenly believing that he decided to undergo a sex change.

Also thanks for Vinland and wombs.

thank you hox lad

please thorfinn, it's about time

What's Historie's schedule anyway? Is it irregular?

Oh that was was "Her Confession," by Ishikawa Masayuki, the guy who did Moyashimon.

It's bi-monthly, as in one chapter every two months. But whenever there's a tankoban release coming up, Iwaaki takes a couple months off to go back and fix up the art for the release.

Finally.

Full eyes is the best

>You don't understand!!
Don't need to be a warrior to tell it like it is. Plus the fact is Thorfinn's qualms help no one at all in this situation, so he is in the right to tell him off.

Blessed be thy day Hox.

Thanks mate!

Based Hox, thanks

And fuck CancerStream

Thanks Hox. You're making this stomach flu just a little bit more bearable.

She makes a better "Gudrid" than Gudrid herself. Although I wish she slowly drop the edge as we go along.

>he has no experience as a warrior
false, he just avoids fighting to avoid releasing the bloodthirsty beast that dwells within him

Thanks hox!

Wow. An entire chapter with literally nothing we couldn't have just implied.

Full Eye is a good son.

Thanks a ton.