Is Rebuild of Evangelion a remake? Or a sequel?

Okay, so I just rewatched NGE for the hundreth time. Full series, followed by EOE and then Rebuild. I don't know how often Sup Forums gets a post like this, but I'm curious, do any anons here think there's any validity to the theory that Eva is cyclical and that Rebuild is actually a sequel, rather then remake of Eva? That everything in Rebuild is literally taking place after the events of EOE? Also, generally speaking, how do you anons feel about Rebuild so far? Things can still go a lot of different ways in the last film.

Eva is a story of repetition.

I feel like Rebuild was unnecessary, and now that Anno has gone off script almost every change he's made has been retarded.

he knows, he just wants cash and I 100% condone it.

Evangelion repeats over and over and over again, the rebuilds are canon

angelic days are canon

eveything is canon, it either actualyl happened, or was imagined during 3rd impact, which may aswell be considered real.

Also Shinji and Kowaru switch places every cycle

Misato was Adams pilot

theres some evangleion red-pills for ya

>misato was adam's pilot

citation needed

It's a sequel. They're using the original idea of the 2nd impact where Adam was the last cycle's EVA. It's why there's 4 Adams in Rebuild and 1.11 opens with the end of EoE. There's also the whole blood stained moon

It's both and neither also try watching good series instead of wasting your time with this trash.

translation = not enough maid waifus

it's rebuild baka user

>Also Shinji and Kowaru switch places every cycle
>Misato was Adams pilot
What the fuck are you talking about?

>also try watching good series instead of wasting your time with this trash.
Fuck off.

I'm sorry it isn't moe harem bullshit you can jack off to faggot.

>They're using the original idea of the 2nd impact where Adam was the last cycle's EVA.
Is that confirmed? Aside from that i think you're right user, but what does that mean for the ending with Shinji and Auska by the shore of Tang? Also, what does this mean for the original meaning of NGE's ending?

It was in one of those making of books or whatever.

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure Shinji is the same but everyone else is not aside from Kowru

I dont see how i could be any clearer, if you have a hard time reading literal clear statements, then Eva is DEFO not for you

Does this mean Anno has dropped the idea that Adam and Lilith came from "seeds of life" i.e that aliens shot them onto Earth via moons. I mean I'd love to see him actually bring up all the First Ancesteral Race shit in Rebuild, but I don't know where he'd even start.

>hehe, don't take it personal kiddo :^)
Or you could just explain why you hold this theory. Or cite where you read it if it's not your own.

Kaworu and Shinji are the same person.
They are the only ones who remember the events of NGE and the same characters in Rebuild.

>They are the only ones who remember the events of NGE and the same characters in Rebuild.
I can see that for Kaworu, but it doesn't seem like Shinji remembers anything, and the idea that they switch places every cycle seems like a stretch, what're you basing that on?

It's a rebuild, of evangelion

Unless you're saying every Kaworu is basically the last cycle's Shinji, but idk what you'd be basing that on. Also, to this very day I have no clue what Seele's intentions were when they sent Kaworu into Central Dogma in ep 24.

Shinji may not remember now, but he will.
Remember how he got red eyes and pale skin/hair in 2.0? He literally turned into Kaworu.

No. Rebuilds were a mistake.

Anno is trolling the fuck out of us.

The real question is whether or not NGE is a sequel to Nadia.

Oh no that's still what's going on in NGE but Rebuild is using the whole Adam being the last cycle's EVA idea for what happened in 3rd impact which created Rebuild

Rebuild is retarded. Any idea Anno-san comes up with is retarded. End of Evangelion is the real and only end of Evangelion.

>Kaworu and Shinji are the same person.
If that theory is correct there's one very important question that have to be answered: is selfcest gay?

Alright, maybe I'm willing to accept all this Shinji=Kaworu nonsense, but how was Misato the original pilot of Adam?

Even the threads are repetitions. I hate this.

Misato was 14 at the time, somehow survived second impact, and from the brief bit of Adam we see, it looks like he's in evangelion armor. I think that is about all of the support for that theory.

Only because his loyal fanbase keeps enabling him. The only way for Evangelion to stop sucking dick is for Asuka and Kaworu fans to stop being degenerate, which will never happen.

>What the fuck are you talking about?

Sanity on Sup Forums !

It's a Kaworufag revisionist theory borne from the depths of tumblria. Because the kaworu fanbase has been pandered to extensively over the past decade, they now see it fit to "revise" Evangelion with retcons and other nonsensical egotism.

How's the weather in Norway today, friendo?

wat

>I think that is about all of the support for that theory.
Actually, upon my latest rewatch I did notice that in the episode where Misato recounts Second Impact, in the flashback with her father he's sealing her inside an entry plug. Seemed weird at the time.