Watch battle shonen/manime

>Watch battle shonen/manime
>My reaction to it is "meh" most of the time

>Watch CGDCT anime
>I feel complete inner joy and marathon the show instantly

What has happened to me? It seemed like only yesterday when battle shonen got me pumped and hype as fuck.

You became emasculated

You're copying the Sup Forums taste to appear "cool"

Your taste has evolved user

fpbp

I feel the same way except for shonen manga. Always with the big cliffhanger at the end of the chapter.

You're an adult now.

>you're a manchild now
Fixed

Nice blog

But which shows were they? Because frankly I can't remember a single really good battle shonnen recently, but there's plenty of ok to great CGDCT shows.

Just because you grabbed a lame show doesn't mean that genre is dead.

Letting go of the shonens is a big step to manhood

It's pretty much the opposite for me, I've become a storyfag and find it hard to enjoy CGDCT more than other anime that are more story-focused.
CGDCT anime are still fun to watch inbetween though.

>tfw my reaction to most anime is that its awful

CGDCT is really hit or miss for me. I kind of need it to be a shitfest to enjoy too. I've been working on my backlog for a few seasons now and it makes me more and more dissapointed

You've moved to a higher plane. Congratulations.

Typical for open minded people.
Battle shounens are like 'The Bold and the Beautiful' of anime.

It's fine if the interactions are at least somewhat realistic and stay fresh. Too bad, most of these shows devolve into rotating a handful of ideas/jokes until vomit and never go anywhere

You either watched season 1 of Ippo and ruined everything else, or you haven't, and just need to do that.

Or, you could become true patrician, and read shit like Holyland, and All Rounder Meguru.

stop replying to yourself with Sup Forums-tier memes, faggot

>watch a show with tons of fights
>bored senseless

>watch a slow boring show with tons of character interactions, minimal action
>on the edge of my seat

I fucking wish I knew

You've become a bitch boy.

Hit the gym and give up anime. Either that, or go back to watching shounen and seinen. You can rehab, but it will take time.

CGDCT is seinen most of the time.

Nope.

Actual adults can appreciate shonen for what it is. The people that think they have to "outgrow" shonen series and read "mature" seinen are even more childish

You're not a manchild any more.

What kind of fag would rather watch battle shounen shit than cute girls?

CGDCT gets you through dark times.

>not watching cute girl battle shounen

You've found your comfort zone, congratulations. SoL is objectively superior, anyways

>Watch anime
>My reaction to it is "meh" most of the time

Classifying weeaboo media by maturity level is inherently childish, as it is in every other media form.
Every single genre in every single medium has a purpose and a place, which anyone who wants to consider themselves an avid consumer of said medium will need to experience.

That's because you're watching Seinen shows for mature adults such as yourself.

And so am i. Shonen is utter garbage, Dulling your brain with cute girls to cope with high amounts of stress is where it's at.

You are too stressed out

I can only feel joy from watching cute girls doing battle shounen things.
I need more, why isn't there more?

my heart can't take this. fuck

I find both rather uninteresting most of the time. Have found shounen boring since I was a kid. First anime I dropped was Naruto in second grade of middle-school.

Same here. Everyone was obsessed with Dragon Ball and I hated this shit.

>being hooked on animay that young
I'm so sorry

You'll probably get back to it.

During high-school and early Uni, I decided that Shonen manga was too childish for my mature and refined tastes and drifted off to exclusively watch/read "mature things for mature adults like myself". After that, the heavy depression set in and I went to full escapism, watching wish fullfilment harems and CGDCT's, and after getting tired of the nothing relationships in harems, went on to consume Shoujo stuff. And once I realized how shit growing up and being an adult is, I find myself craving for that good, old, hot blooded, bright hearted, childish shonen goodness.

>What has happened to me?
You grew up.
>It seemed like only yesterday when battle shonen got me pumped and hype as fuck.
The male destrudo is at its strongest in the male's early years and wanes over time. Battleshonen appeals mainly to the destrudo of young boys.

Henry V had his soldiers go into battle with drawings and paintings of beautiful women, birds, flowers, and little girls on the inside of their shields. The soldiers did this not because they were gay, but because they could look at something beautiful in the horror of battle to ease the weight of what they were experiencing. Being a man is a hard thing and working full-time, going to school and taking care of your shit is hard. Sometimes you just want to sit back and watch some stupid cute bullshit. It doesn't make you a pedo or a faggot. It just means you like cute things.

Critics who treat 'manly' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be manly themselves. To be concerned about being manly, to admire the manly because it is manly, to blush at the suspicion of being girly; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young boys ought to want to become men. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being manly is a mark of a lack of security in one's sexuality, as well as latent homosexuality. When I was seven, I watched Kiki's Delivery Service in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am 34 I watch K-ON openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of girliness and the desire to be manly.

Don't worry, you're invited to Mashima-sensei's next manga which will be SoL about the Fairy Tails since they punched through the endboss using the power of friendship and there'll be nothing left to fight.

>middle school
>young

I was reading yu-gi-oh and cardcaptor sakura in 3rd grade.

Battle shounen is literally the worst genre.

>notice the current trend of "what's happened to me, I like cgdct anime" posts
>it hits me that Sup Forums is growing up

It seems the pattern here is hit early 20s, get interested in moe, then realize you're growing up along with your tastes.

I'm one of them

I considered the following and It's legit if you are actually fighting a battle, which you aren't. That's why you end up being the faggot and not praisers of testosterone built anime.

>tfw im 24
>still like shounen along with everything else

i guess some people never grow up do they?

You don't necessarily have to throw away Shounen. I was just saying that it seems by the pattern of these threads that early 20s is the age of the people asking "what's happened to me?" as they start to like cgdct.

I feel like I'm currently transitioning into this stage after having transferred out of shonen into CGDCT years ago.
I guess you just become oversaturated after a while.

I actually started earlier and in fact I did like FMA and GTO in 3rd grade. Those were shounen and I still do kind of like them but all the dumb, repetetive battle shounen like HxH, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Deadman or Ao no Exorcist I just found boring and dropped them all.

We all get tired of PUT YOUR GRASSES ON

In what capacity is HxH repetitive, are you just tossing popular shonen that pops in your head and seeing what sticks?

No, I'm mentioning the ones I've read or watched. In the case of HxH I saw the new anime, heard the manga was better but I checked out if the manga had the same scenes with bad expositon and they were there so I didn't pick it up.

>years ago
I just realized it was about ten years ago.
Thanks for making me remember, user.

I'm assuming you were that same user from that HxH thread a while back. You practically watched like 5 episodes, iirc. That is no way gives a full scope of the series in any fashion, whether that's the anime or the manga. If you simply don't like exposition then maybe it isn't for you.

You only actually grow up when you watch every genre, looking for good shows in them all.

You gained taste.

the only shounen I can genuinely enjoy is crappy OVA's from the 1980's that don't really seem to take themselves too seriously.
I think it's because modern stuff is designed to appeal to tweens that need "deep quotes" or crap like that.

Welcome to the true man's world.

I didn't really understand moe until I was about 20. Once I did though yeah, the typical action shonen shit is just flat out impossible to watch. I'd rather stare at wall than watch Naruto or BnHA and see those threads as being filled with fujo shipping cancer and literal bickering children. Mods are unbelievably naive for letting that fucking cancer fester here season after season.

Before I could perceive moe I was probably more a DEEPfag than anything though, in fact to this day I will gladly take a good serious/unique show wherever I see them. Season to season we usually don't get a good example of that, so moe shows are the go-tos along with observing any trendy ones to see if they're any good.

I watched twelve. It's not that I don't like exposition, everything has exposition. I just don't like when it's forced, unnatural and always verbal.

You are manchild now
Congratulations

>Consider the following

You watch a boring faggot slice of life anime series for 24 episodes. It has nothing to do with manliness, and everything to do with it being garbage.

Twelve? Point still stands.

And you might need to elaborate. The expository dialogue comes at moments where it's appropriate. And I don't think I've ever seen a case where exposition isn't verbal.

But still, it's probably for the best. If it bothers you now, you would probably tear your hair out when it gets more dense and text-heavy in the later arcs.

>What has happened to me?

You found something that makes you happy.

You've made it. Embrace being a patrician.

>And I don't think I've ever seen a case where exposition isn't verbal.
You're kidding.

You're watching an anime. How else will further elaboration on certain things be possible if neither the narrator nor the characters say them? Are you supposed to read paragraphs of text on the screen?

You can enjoy both.

Visually? By having the characters do them or by showing the things relating to the information? How do you think anime without dialogue work? Even lots of popular anime like works of Anno, Ikuhara, Oshii, Yuasa or Kon would use lots of visual exposition and have some verbal exposition as well, but not have it forced or unnatural.