best meme

It was flick at best.

Forced meme

Fuck no, the direction ruined it.

the direction was great though user

How so?

How so?

no the movie looked like garbage desu

every shot looked like a first year film student's idea of what a "good movie" looks like

>every shot looked like a first year film student's idea of what a "good movie" looks like
How so?

shutcho dumb ass up, passfag

>narutard
cringe

>chromatic aberration in nearly every frame
>shaky cam in every other scene
>blur the shot at random moments
>make sure to overlay 10 different photo filters over the scene to make it look MAGICAL
yawn

it says nothing about the human experience

i also wonder if yamada would be capable of producing sequences like these without resorting to her first year film school student techniques

the film has plenty to say through the focus on body language/limbs instead of faces alone. did you watch it?

also this shit ugly as hell, stop posting it in my thread

>koe no katachi
>not ugly
lol

Gorgeous.

Are there any Sup Forums movies that you would unironically describe as kino?

End of Evangelion, but that's a given. If not that, Disappearance.

Koe no Katachi

Rebellion has some pretty kino scenes in it, and amazing art direction

youtube.com/watch?v=XSEDHdpI6ek

both tied to TV shows, cannot stand by themselves as films and therefore illegible for kino status

this is kino

>tied to tv shows, therefore illegible for kino status
Says who?

ey kid, I don't make the rules, I just work here

seriously though how can a film be taken seriously if someone watching without previous series knowledge would get nothing from it? the entire point of film is creating a self-contained universe and story and resolving some issue over 90 minutes.

By that same logic all sequels are also disqualified as kino because you have to watch the first entry to understand them properly, which is also fucking stupid.

I'm just saying, nobody is going to accept supplementary additions to TV shows as kino. Don't shoot the messenger.