>game system
>grinding system, no plot
YAMETEEEE

>>isekai
>>rebirth
>>game system
>>grinding system, no plot
>it's actually fairly decent

That's called "slice of life" with some specific tropes. If you're looking for great plot you should just read something else.

>special events happen in the world where monsters give more xp
>this is normal

UnOfficial tier list

>Classic tier
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Rayearth
- Dunbine
- Tenchi Muyo Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Inuyasha
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Duel Savior
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

>Archetype tier
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna
- Release that Witch

>Atypical tier
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- Youjo Senki
- Dungeon Defense
- Mondaiji
>Fun garbage tier
- Arifureta
- Bluesteel Blasphemer
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Slime Tensei
- Koihime Musou
- Dog Days
- Knights and Magic
- Eien no Aselia
- Tsuki ga Michibiku

>Total garbage tier
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Seirei Gensouki
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves

>Not isekai tier
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Paying to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
- Utawarerumono

Like real books

This list is incomplete

>adventurers guild
>quests
>no explanation about how/why the hero got isekai'd
>former NEET mc
>harem (no sex)

>isekai
>no plot

These LN authors need to just kys. You got the isekai part right, and you just fucked it up.

You open these stupid threads with the same stupid image you stupid fuck.

>MC gushes about katana's
>Goes on about nippon steel folded 1000 times over
>Dismisses swords as brutish instruments that dull and break too easily
>Claims katana's never dull and can cut through any sword.
>Finally gets a katana and becomes the worlds greatest "swordsman".

Every fucking time, fucking dragon's bloodline.

So far all this has is isekai.

The only reason I'm tolerating it is because there's nothing else I know of with futanari dragon loli x half-elf nonsense.

Motherfucker this is the official tier list although Release that Witch should be higher.

There is literally nothing wrong with rebirth so long as the story is paced correctly.
It's far better than summoning usually because the MC can naturally learn the language and customs of the world as well as powerlevel at a realistic pace rather than get dumped in the world via summoning and instantly get handed language comprehension and cheat skills by literal deus ex machina.

Add Tanaka the Mage to the Wasted potential Tier

Thats because Otome game Isekai usually has no stats or a game system.

No Kuro no Maou?

no monster farm? it has the best op song ever.....

>>- Zero no Tsukaima
Was shit.

i like this stealth isekai threads you have been making op

Slave Harem is a fucking classic.

Arifureta and Death March need to be switched.

>Death March
>Fun
It's unfun due to taking itself a little too seriously by having an overpowered MC be a wimpybetacuck that only wants to fuck a 10,000 year old loli baba.

Battle Harem Academy bullshit was probably worse than Isekai. Isekai is mostly popular with Konosuba or Re Zero unless you count SAO as a Isekai. Now we must reach the obvious conclusion and have a Isekai Battle Harem with SUFFERING. That ought to get my Reddit upvote.

I can literally say the same thing about Arifureta, Death March just has the better world building.

There is absolutely no denying this.

t. the world deep in the labyrinth.

>konosuba putting isekai on the map when this shit has been famous for fucking years
fucking anime scum man i swear

Oh but user
Arifureta is fun due to MC not being a betacuck when he became overpowered, true he hesitated dicking anyone other than the loli vampire but he got through that and dicks just about anyone that wants it..

Do you?

>Isekai is mostly popular with Konosuba or Re Zero
In the current tense I am correct.

yes?

Otoge isekai is mostly fun. That short story about baka lover that the reincarnated wife didn't want her husband fell in love with "heroine" was really cute.

>The more sex is what makes the LN fun

Thats fucking sad.

The MC isnt the problem, the rest of the fucking Harem is the problem.

"I NOW LOVE MCS DICK!!!!!!"

aside from loli vampire and bunny girl the rest had shit development and just got thrown into the harem bandwagon by the writer cause he was just trying to see how cringey he could make the fuckin series.

I think you're forgetting one of the most popular ones user.

[COUNTERACTION RISES]

season 3 never ever

>I think an interesting IseKai would be one where they take Vegeta and Goku and thrust them into an RPG style system where their power is related to the items/skill they learn instead of their god-level tier of ki.

It wouldn't be as much of a disadvantage as you think; they're both extremely skilled and trained in martial arts/physical combat and they both know how to focus and work/train with single minded dedication.

Cute.

Does anyone know where the "It's looking this way, like it wants to be friends?" cliche comes from?

Of course it wouldn't be there.
Who'd want to sing praises of things steeped in tax evasion.

That's actually a piece of shit user

he already payed you semite

I like your idea user. It sounds interesting desu.

Medium focused on escapism creates a genre about people literally escaping from reality, typically into a fantasy world where they are can start over and live a much more fruitful life.

And you know where this leads right? Only one path: People leaving reality via some extremely bio-mechanical VR machine and sometimes never choosing to come back.

I'm excited to see it in my lifetime, even though I highly doubt I'll use it.

wuxia/xianxian/xuanhuan will be the next big things.
mark my words.

The brand is still there.

Have you seen the money translators are pulling?

It's already here.

DATABASE

The xianxia fanbase in JP is non-existent. They need to push harder, replace the current isekai wishfulfilment trash.

I believe JP authors can write much better cultivation novels.

Xianxia is literally just isekai with more autistic skill systems and the sociopathy dialed up to 11.

Where the fuck is Log Horizon?

>>grinding system, no plot
>no plot
But that's the best part of any Isekai, the moment the author tries to put in plot is the moment everything goes to shit.

This is perfect. Make it oficcial and spam it everywhere.

>Battle Slaves

I learned something new today.

Hol up, did you just not give face to xianxia novels? Time to kill you.

Japan need to do more reverse-isekai.
Fantasy characters getting transported to modern day Japan. It'd be comfy as hell watcing them adjust to normal life and doing SoL things.

I have hopes for the singularity too user, mainly that we'll be able to upload our minds into highly advanced waifu teir gynoids

Living in virtual reality is also bretty good.

>- Escaflowne

Recreator?

>ywn have a pair of blonde battle slave sisters

>Medium focused on escapism creates a genre about people literally escaping from reality
Say whatever you want but this is the reason
narou wave of isekai won't be gone for a long time. Japs have furiously experimented and finally developed the perfected wish-fulfillment. Its their masterpiece and I'm totally fine with it

>tsuki ga michibiku
>"fun" garbage
No its just plain hot trash. Nothing fucking happens other than muh company and the translations themselves are shit.
It has no redeeming feature whatsoever and to this day I regret reading so much of it in hopes that it gets better
As of ch. 234 where I stopped it doesn't.

>No .hack series as classic tier
>No DATABASE as Archetype tier
this list is complete shit and the person who made this sucks cocks.

To add to the list, Mar Heaven.

Hopefully they do more SoL shit. Fuck the plot.

Not isekai tier.

>ywn have a racoon battleslave/daugther

DATABASE is isekai though.

>TFW you prefer Xianxia's without the isekai bullshit on top of it
I swear to shit Douluo Dalu being translated permanently fucked the english speaking xianxia/wuxiafags.

I think the concept in general is perfectly fine and there's a lot of room for creativity but authors need to drop the idea of shoehorning in game/mmo shit every chance they get.

It's not amazingly well written but for example Faraway Paladin is a hell of a lot more interesting as a story than almost every game-based isekai by virtue of having a reasonably creative magic system alone.

I think once we get over the "isn't it super duper awesome to see a cheat-tier MC get a harem of girls" phase we'll start to see a rise in quality for the average isekai story.

You might aswell take Mondaiji out and rename Atypical tier to fun Edge tier.

sauce?

>Blonde
Only one is blonde, the other is silver.

Slave Harem is just, I don't know. What is it that carries that series so hard? What do people find good about it? Like I can maybe understand their love for chuunishit arifureta adventures etc.
But that series has almost nothing going for it.

this goblin is fairly strong

I liked the intro, the world and the magic. The harem aspect was pretty crappy but otherwise it was a fairly comfy novel to read through.

>I think once we get over the "isn't it super duper awesome to see a cheat-tier MC get a harem of girls" phase we'll start to see a rise in quality for the average isekai story.

Unlikely considering it begins in 500 B.C. thank to Homer and have never stop until today.

After reading a bit I gotten to the point that they made it to the first human town outside the dungeon. The Rabbit Tribe arc was pretty amusing and filled with DEVELOPMENT. MC literally becomes Big Boss in front of the Elder Council and proceeds to have Rabbitmen get PTSD/Mother Base training before destroying The Bearmen; the assholes. Also the Endgame is already revealed though the meta, I.E. get magic orbs to unlock dungeons; get power to defy the gods in whom betrayed the 8 heros. Rabbit girl actually dumb idiotic strong that is getting abused all the time as a joke character.

Deathmarch is boring slice of life tier "Oh shit I'm sorry" wandering adventure and right now has a Harem/Family of 7+7~ girls/demihuman/artifical already. Problem is MC is born with cheat tier abilities because reincarnation. Right now I honestly don't know what's going on.

dante's divine comedy is also self insert wish fulfillment isekai

>ywn sleep with the older brother to keep the younger sister out of bed

This list is missing The Lazy King, The Bear Bear a Bare Kuma, Destruction Flag Otome, .Hack//Sign, Log Horizon, Reincarnated as a Vending Machine, Akuyaku Tensei, Reincarnated as a Duke's Daughter, Your and my Asylum, Demon Girl Tales of a Lax Demon, Lazy Dungeon Master, Parallel World Pharmacy, Isekai Izakaya Nobu, Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitte Iru, Kamigoroshi

Why is sanaes crying

Because she's an isekai heroine and it's nothing like the WNs said.

>reincarnating into the edgeland known as gensokyo
>not being butthurt about that.
user plz, being a human there sucks.

Sauce?

Yandex and google failed

Alderamin.

It's shield hero tier summoned betrayal but MC is not a beta cuck with blood already on his hands.

>you'll never have a sultry orca onee-san lust for your dick for having beaten her at a drinking competition.

I read it yesterday, and just now I realised those things she's considering aren't shoulderpads.

Spiked bras.

are those a thing in real life, like actually practical and stuff?

no, for the same reason why boobplate is an absolutely terribad idea, except several hundredfold worse.

Sanae didn't reincarnate, she's the summoned hero type, destined to bring miracles and 21st century technology to Gensokyo.

At least that's what she thought until Raymoo bitchslapped some sense into her.

>ywn gene modify a sultry orca onee-san into a sea lion, and still have her lust for your dick

>for the same reason why boobplate is an absolutely terribad idea
shut the fuck up, boob plate is great, it protects your boobs and deflects blades. its obviously great.

Have you actually read The Divine Comedy? It's basically nothing but Dante listening to Virgil, Beatrice, and God shittalking the French, the Medici, and the Pope. Top tier bantz sure but Dante doesn't get anything out of it other than avoiding suicide.

>pic
What the fuck is that writing? That's something pulled off of fanfiction.net, right?

doesn't deflect maces, hammers and shit like that. And you better be damn sure it cannot deflect projectiles, such as boolets shot by heavy weapons, guy.

Wortenia senki?

Well, the MC went full metal jacket on a tribe of peace-loving rabbits, turning them into cold-blooded assassin chuunis.

The chuuni part rubed off from the MC, as he's really chuuni sometimes. One character even blackmailed him successfully with that info.