BLAME!

Sup Sup Forums. I'm going to delve into this, finally. Been saving myself for some time, and now I want to read this, in paper format.

Do you recommend the Master edition? Is there something wrong with it?

disregard OP, post sanakans

p...pls

If I remember correctly, some panels have been redrawn and were divisively received.

dangit, got pics?

The insidious poles got a hardcover version for half the price of the english paperback.

>price
I have a job
manga is dirt cheap

Those fishergals have nice tits.

I have the first three volumes of the master edition and I'm very happy with the quality of the printing. I don't know anything about redrawn panels, so the only thing I can really complain about is how they rendered 'Killy' as 'Kyrii' which is really just picking nits. I definitely recommend it and wish more manga got printed in this larger format.

p-post more cibos please!!!!

i´M FINE WITH kILLY NOT BEING A MANLET.

Cibo is a big girl

u u u u

He fucked up the way he draws faces. I know everyone hate it but I really liked their droopy/depressed look.

No thanks

I want to re - read the Manga. But it's been a a long time and new shit got added. what is the optimal order to read it now? Noise first?

Also if the blame! autist from the earlier threads is here: Thanks

>what is the optimal order to read it now?
Probably publication order?
>Noise first?
Definitely not.

The cutest antivirus murderbot!

is this like Ghost in the Shell? never heard about it until the Netflix movie released.

I bet Killy replays that moment where she stepped on him a lot.

No it's uguu kawaii GITS.

You bet he does.

If the Ghost in the Shell universe advanced for thousands of years, reached a technological singularity where no one is human by todays standards, then everything went to shit with the governing AIs losing control and the police/antivirus system trying to wipe out humanity as out of control construction bots build onto the city until it takes up the solar system due to advanced material construction tech making it possible then sure.

Sanakan's Authority faction body is underrated. Sure her murder dominatrix form is nice, but seeing her as Fem-Killy was great.

GitS is cyberpunk/post-cyberpunk
Blame! often gets called both, but both are wrong. They're nothing alike.

>dystopian future
>people have depressed faces
I don't see the problem here

I feel BLAME! Is one of the few pieces of media that does post-singularity fairly well. Everything feels creepy and uncanny, but the tech is amazingly advanced. Death means nothing if you have the right body/set up, pistols can destroy areas kilometers across and people have a lifespan of thousands of years.

Could they rip off Psycho Pass any harder in their gun design? Shameless.

You're kidding, right?
The Blame manga was out years before psycho pass.

Like, actually by almost more than a decade.

I bet Cibo intentionally made that form extremely leggy because she wanted to feel sexy and enjoy being stared at by the villagers after all the untold centuries of solitude.
The filthy slut.

>Didn't do any research whatsoever
>is probably feeling stupid
>likely to respond with "I-I was only pretending to be retarded!"

I'd kill for an animated BLAME! Academy short.
Seeing the Safeguard and Silicon Life doing normal slice of life highschool antics would be the best.
Sanakan is a shit teacher though. What sort of school lets an educator routinely fire a doomsday device at students as punishment?

Who's gonna stop her?

He was never a manlet. Humans in the upper layers evolved into lanklets.

>Fem-Killy

Yeah, except with a bigger "gun"

neo-Sup Forums in a nutshell

Why is movie Killy scarred? He's a special safeguard with rapid healing. He regenerated his entire face after Safeguard-9 possessed Cibo exploded. In the comic he couldn't scan Sanakan until after he rebooted at Zuru's house and restored some functions. Did he showcase any super healing before that point or did it unlock with with his scanning ability?

Killy was just a dude ass dude once, he wasn't born a cyborg with borderline preternatural regenerative abilities.

It's likely the state he was in when the data of his body was "backed up".

I refuse to believe Killy is that tall
then again he was birthed from a machine so he wouldn't have killed his mother with that melonhead of his.

I liked the 2017 BLAME movie.

It was good, the only thing I can fault it for is omitting silicon lifeforms and there being no trace of Hand-Cibo in the epilogue despite her being left behind in the escape elevator with the Fishers.

>There are anons who believe Killy was ever a true human

Extensive body mods were common place to humans before the singularity but Killy's affiliation with the Safeguard means he's most likely a rogue AI tasked with a mission like Sanakan after her rebirth

She's in the middle of the courtyard with them awkwardly standing around on the floor in the background.
But otherwise the movie was actually very good and I hope for more.

What is the purpose of Helmettals anyway?

The movie didn't really make it clear other than that they need it to leave the perimeter but it didn't seem to stop watchtowers from spotting them.

Does the manga explain their purpose?

Holy fuck, I missed that. Such a shitty ending for Cibo. In the manga she goes through like five bodies helping Killy find the Netgear gene to the city's wifi to put the builders to sleep. Settling for being a hand and doing nothing is so out of character.

Hopefully they'll find a way to bring her back if the movies become a series.
I mean, she could be a copy, or maybe the massive lifespans means she eventually leaves the abandoned level after a few centuries.

What the actual fuck. Why would they do this stupid shit.

my distaste comes from the fact that they animated a whopping zero of the transformations be it Sanakan or general Safeguards.

all the other shit I had already suspected I would find
>using years
>feeling the sensation of pain
>blushing
>basic bitch ass anime eyes
>half the cast being explicitly children

They're a part of a semi religious tradition. Helmettals record some of a person's memories and personality so it can survive even if they're killed. So doing anyting dangerous without one is sort of like intentionally trying to be erased and forgotten by the community and dying somewhere where the gear can't be recovered is even sadder than just dying, since even the little bit that's saved in the helmettal is lost too.

No idea. Cibo is pretty fucking important to the story of BLAME! by the end so leaving her there is a bit stupid. It's only thanks to her fucking about with the Netsphere and Sanakan's new orders that helps fix the place in the end.

You know what, fuck it. Maybe they shouldn't actually "adapt" anything. Hell, alternate universes are apparently canon so we could just get an original story. Not like the movie was accurate to the events of the manga anyway.

>implying that they would not gonna reboot everything when a full series get greenlighted.

This is nothing more than a pilot episode.

Fuck off.

I hope you're right. I don't even care if it's a single cour, a BLAME! anime that covers the whole manga would be a dream come true.
I'd just hope the soundtrack is creepy ambience, that was the one thing the shorts did well.

They can fix it by saying she copied her consciousness into Killy when she leaned in to wake him up and sparks flew. Leaving the hand behind as a back up becomes a smart idea. Killy does meet up with an alternate reality Cibo when the gravity core of TOHA industries starts charging up so he could just upload Cibo into the new one.

Why is Cibo a hand now? Did something happen to her body?

>Did something happen to her body?

She rents it out to old men for money

She's making a killing giving handjobs.

Everyone complaining about hand-Cibo staying with the Fishers should know that's verbatim based on a short Blame one-short that shipped with Sidonia.

I hate you

In this universe there are no money or old men besides Killy.

>look like a 20 year old japanese male
>actually a 3000+ year old man

What did they mean by this?

explains why they at least hoped the hrlmettals were recovered, aside from not being able to replicate the tech.

only GBEs can destroy everything

I figured she left the hand behind and met with Killy later if anything. She was probably handed a new body.

Isn't he way older than 3000?

No matter the girl, Killy will still be a lolicon

Yes, but we don't have any actual numbers confirmed as far as I know. Do you have a number for Killy's age other than that it's more than 3000 years?

Considering he supposedly came up over six thousand levels, I imagine each level takes a time greater than one year?

You mean movie Killy or Blame!2 Killy? The latter has walked from the centre of the City to the edge at least twice over and seen the re-collapse of the Silicon Life civilization. At least tens of thousands by that count.

>tens of thousands

Considering the size and distances involved and how he isn't even walking in a straight line most of the time, tens of thousands is a gross underestimate.

A rough estimate at the average walking speed of 5kph and the distance from the sun to jupiter is about 18k years. If you're walking in a straight line and never stopping.

Not to mention he takes elevators a lot too. So between his average walking pace, his transport on vehicles, and the restoration of human control to the NetSphere he should be able to move about more freely after getting the Net Terminal child.

Also, when he rescue's PCell's children he doesn't have the child with him and humanity is beginning to come back to life. So he probably has governing authority access without safeguard molestation.

What if he took a lot of elevator rides, encountered portal technology that transported him into a higher level, rode on the back of hacked safeguards for a few, time traveled, preserved in ice or went offline for a long time during certain times, etc? I could imagine many ways which he could be older or younger than we think he is when we see him in Blame!2. It could even be an entirely different Killy.

There really is far too many factors to take into account. All that is known is that he's an ancient being?

Yeah, let's go with that.

Is he the oldest living being now in The City?

>5'9
>not a manlet
I'm 5'10 and even I know I'm a manlet. I wouldve pictured him at least 6'0 with everyone who has a tall-seeming body pushing 7'5, 8 feet

180cm is not 5'9

Fucking amerifats
It's 5.9 feet, which is more like 5'10-5'11 not 5'9

Hoping this movie ends in obscurity and the anime starts from the very beginning with nothing cut out at 60fps if its CG. I did enjoy the movie but after rereading the manga, it does not do it justice.

180 is 2cm short of 6' dummy.

>movie does not do it justice
It's literally the electrofisher arc but without TOHA cutting the arc in half and denying us the end of the arc for two volumes. All they did was replace the TOHA arc with the special chapter from the last volume of Sidonia, and take Cibo's origin out of the corporation arc.

Where is cute child Sanakan, the epic huge robot battle(builder vs Safeguard), Cibo stealing Sanakan body, the different dimension, and the cute Silicon waifu? You want to here the truth user?The movie is pure garbage.

Apparently you're unable to read and also dragging different arcs that are irrelevant to the ones the movie pulled from.

Considering that he seems to have predated the City itself, yeah. The only thing that would be older would be the rest of humanity stuck in the Netsphere, we haven't seen anything regenerative or durability as Killy.

You have to wonder, if Killy was just a cop in the pre-disaster human civilization, how absurdly high was the average human's powerlevel?

Then we get shit like Cibo's arm still crawling around with the electrofisherman. They should have done a better job.

Well if Blame is canon, if it is, if we consider it to be, if we so much as allow it to be canon in our heads, then it's implicated that Killy is special, even for a cop. Look at everyone's surprise when he did the blam blam in the shooting range.

>footjob by sanakan

You might have problems fitting the master edition anywhere because it's quite sizable.

Other than that there's nothing wrong with it.

Always a weird feeling to see a thread about a good manga popping up on this board once in a while.
Not like that would prevent it from degenerating within a matter of seconds though.

You should ask important questions somewhere other than on image boards. The only good suggestions ppl on Sup Forums can give is regarding figurine purchases.