How did he get away with this?

how did he get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xdxIBNj2sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the average jap doesn't know what a negro looks like in real life

because he died

Why wouldn't he? Japan doesn't care about muh fucking US race talks.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xdxIBNj2sw

I live in an homogenous country and I honestly don't see the big deal over blackface. Do americans also find it incensitive when someone uses color contact lenses? It's basically the same, you're changing the apearance you were born with.

to be fair I too would be more scared of a black dude sneaking up on me than Iron Man

Get away with what?

Most Memri TV subtitles are edits and not accurate translations.

Blackface, character painting themselves black.

And what's the problem with that?

Blackface is considered offensive because it's generally used to promote racial stereotypes, like a guy dressing up as an Asian by coloring his skin yellow, closing his eyes and wearing buck teeth.

>Magically made his pupils smaller
>Bone structure magically becomes black

That's how.
An asian could never get that close to looking like a black guy without magic

Oku Hiroya is quite racist

>Blackface is considered offensive because it's generally used to promote racial stereotypes

So black people having black skin is a stereotype and not true? Didn't know.

I'm pretty sure we've done worse

But niggers are black, what's the problem with coloring your face black to pass as a nigger?

Izumi was a nigger in soul so everything is fine with the world.

He got away with that because nobody have a fuck back then.

That wasn't black face. That was a makeup job so good it fooled anyone looking at him.

Unlike this this "character" here

I never was offended by this character. It's not like they made him act like a monkey or eat watermelon. He was a very composed and calm character. Sure the lips are a bit over the top but that's about it.

I'm more going on the fact he looks more like a caricature than another person.

If the gantz character resembled that it would be more indicative of "black face" than the example he gave.

>I'm more going on the fact he looks more like a caricature than another person.
We're talking about Dragon Ball right?

Wigger jap was funny

Again, its an example. Dragon balls style is more cartoony compared to Gantz.

Like I said it would make sense if the character resembled that if it was drawn in gantz.

Cant tell if there are a lot of trolls here. Black face is possibly as racist as wearing a kkk robe. Or even literally calling a black person a nigger to their face. It goes back years in America when blacks weren't allowed to be actors and "black" characters were portrayed by white actors with black face paint. Of course these characters were also portrayed in a racist and stereotypical manner.

Why should a Japanese mangaka care about what American blacks lived in America?

>(you)

>japan is expected to know american history
moreover what the fuck is offensive about a disguise I don't get it

That plastic surgery was insane.

But the one in the how isn't a blackface a la "shieeeeeet xD" tier caricatures, it's just a face of a black person, a pretty manly one too at that.
There's literally no reason to get upset.

Its make up dude

why does someone that doesn't live in America or it's not an American give a shit?

Oh look, another weeb niggers getting offended thread.

Japanese know and accept black people are inherently violent and dangerous

It's probably white sjws from reddit and tumblr who somehow think they're welcome here.

Japan isn't America.

Having said that, niggers are niggers tho.

Why can't niggers just get over it, if a Black guy wanted to wear white face and act like Gordon Ramsay I wouldn't give two fucks

They are for sure here but the niggers who were usually quite all those years started to get baited by those threads and are now speaking up. It's annoying as fuck.

Its because back in the day it was specifically used in theatre to mock black people

Hold on, is he actually painting himself black?
I've seen this image so much it looks too much like his entire face is changing to be a simple paintjob.

He applies some sort of makeup and fake facial hair to disguise himself, then shoots up a ton of civilians.

Yeah he's disguising himself to look like a black guy, start a spree shooting until he dies in hopes of being sent back into the Gantz room which he missed dearly after managing to escape it.

Post redpilled authors

Gantz went down the shitter but not for the reasons that are usually named like apocalypse arc. It all started with absolute bullshit enemies like nurarihyon that followed completely abstract rules just for the sake of creating an overwhelming enemy. Gantz suits should also protect to a certain degree against blade weapons since they were just useless as fuck against certain enemies, maybe the ability to immediately stop the bleeding of a lost limp.

That new gantz manga is just along those lines. Absolute bullshit enmies that survive gravity gun blasts several times and kill easily.

I'm black, but for older anime and manga I usually look at black people from that era more personality wise since the only blacks a few of the average Japan would've seen back then would be one or two soldiers stationed in Japan.
Pic related here who would Cyborg 008 isn't even that offensive to me since it was in a different era, and he had a pretty decent personality.

I swear to god, I would have never expected that the black people on Sup Forums are actually getting offended at all. I think you would build resistance like anyone else here but I guess it's the nature of black people to get offended since they are inherently insecure about their race.

I never stated that I was offended. I find Johnny Rebel to have some catchy toons. It's more of an annoyance than actual offense, like how it would be annoying with Americans or whites on some anime or manga to be violent unlike dindu asians.

It may be autism but I never understood this mentality. If something about your race isn't true (according to you) why would you get offended if you know it to be false? And if it's true why would you get offended if you know it's true?

A villain did a villainous thing. Why does that get people upset?

>I never stated that I was offended
>x isn't even that offensive to me
You outright said that you got offended and there are further implications coming with that.

It's a trick by racist. They pretend to be offended by a normal appearance of black people in media to confuse content creator, leading to them avoid including black people in their work altogether

Japan doesn't have that history.
There's basically no blacks in Japan and there never were, there was never any kind of quantifiable amount of black slaves bought from Africa, so there was never any history of blacks being second class citizens in Japan, there was never any history of blacks being emancipated in Japan, there was never any history of blacks being segregated from the rest of society.

There is basically NO historical racial context for blackface at all in Japan, they're not America, they don't really have black people or history with black people, blackface doesn't mean anything offensive to them.

I know for a fact that niggers along with chinks and homeless people dying in japan was considered to be not news worthy so those deads were never even mentioned in japanese newspapers or investigated by the police. Though this was in the 80s. I don't know how it is nowadays but you can bet niggers are as worthless as chinks and homeless people for the japanese.

>the Japanese have an extremely callous disregard for the weak and despondent or the emotions of anyone
Color me fucking surprised.

Everyone knows Japan is an extremely fucked up society, it would have to be if it's not only socially acceptable to work yourself to death at the expense of you and your family, but fully expected.

I miss Izumi

I'm American and I don't give a fuck.
People just get triggered because it's associated with bad things that happened in the past.

>he has never heard of prosthetics and good makeup
Makeup isn't about dunking your head in a bucket of paint.

Top kek.

Sup Forums you guys need to leave. You're causing enough problems on here as it is.

also the average jap is in denial of what the average jap looks like in real life

Nips look like gooks or chinks. It's easy for gooks or chinks to pass off as nips and infiltrate their country, despite what nips say on the interwebz.

>Nips look like gooks or chinks. It's easy for gooks or chinks to pass off as nips and infiltrate their country
t. Park Young Hoon