Berserk (2017)

Subs are out. Berserker armor time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bojCtgxb72Q
youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0
youtube.com/watch?v=CjDsKR_PPBs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The animation has just become even damn better.

the music was god tier when guts came out wearing the armour

That was dragonball level of filler to stretch out the episode...

>entire episode looking like trash
>literally make Guts v Grunbeld look fucking abysmal
>everything 2 fps
>thinking that this show has let me down for the last time
>suddenly berserk armor rolls in
>shits fucking lit
>get pumped
>episode ends on a beautiful panel
>"oh, they just made the animation bad so that the berserk armor can get a full episode of looking nice and all
>for a brief moment my faith in the show is slightly restored
>next episode preview: recap episode
>mfw

this is what I get for putting faith in this show for even a split second

It ain't gonna be a recap episode nigga, they do this all the time when they don't want to give spoilers for the next episode

(not everybody has read the dumb manga)

>people are still watching this

>That resolution

ASH CROW
ASH CROW

youtube.com/watch?v=bojCtgxb72Q

We get it user, you fit in.

Oh shit this is the nigga that did Paprika? wew lad

I'll tell you something even more interesting: I am an anime-only fag.

Yeah. Susumu Hirasawa has done a lot of great work. 10/10 artist, IMO.

I once listened to this song on repeat for days:
youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0

same bro

>not liking something because some sperg lords dislike it

That genuinely makes me curious. Do you intend to read the manga after or something? Because you're seriously missing out if this garbage is the only way you'll experience Berserk

Yes, he's the same guy who's done all of Berserk's best music. He did music for a lot of Kon's other projects too.
youtube.com/watch?v=CjDsKR_PPBs

>Waiting to see this animated for decades
>Episode looks like shit
>SUDDENLY

What should have easily been the best episode was the absolute worst which is major for this fucking show.
>Jank animation moving at 2fps
>Fire makes no sound nor moves
>Barely showed Berserker amour changing shape and looked like shit.
/r/ QUALITY compilation

Why do people get so defensive with this? I mean I can understand being able to enjoy it just because its Berserk, but don't pretend people don't have very valid reasons for hating it.

I read the manga and prefer the anime.

>that fucking red blob
It's like a PS2 game with placeholder textures

>mfw have to wait another week for Grunbeld v Guts
REEEEEEEEEEE

oh shit is it finally animated? also, how did they animate the Gut's spin when he saved Casca from some monsters in the Conviction arc?

How many episodes left?

Why though? Honestly asking

Too many.
Series needs to be taken out back and shot.

That was fucking awesome. They really did the armor justice. I cant wait to see guts catapulting through the air

>Grunbeld shits his pants next week
:DD

Missing out on magical negro rape? I think I am the lucky one.
But seriously, I will read it. Later. When I am sure that the end is near and there are no new boats.

Nah. As long as it lasts we'll get Berserk chapters, as soon as it stops we'll have hiatus again. They can shit on Berserk as much as they want for all I care, I only read the manga.

And wasn't me.

Could somebody explain to me why the old witch was chiseling a rune into the armour?

READ

Skully used to own it and is giving it to Guts for graduating demon slaying by killing Slan's avatar. Berserk doesn't have greeting cards, so she just chiseled it in.

It is to ward off the demons attracted to Guts' brand from what I remember.

It was a ward to protect him from the mark on his neck. Same kind of deal as what was preventing his neck from being a blood volcano up until Slan undid it, though this one is stronger.

Fuck off with ya, cunt. I'm not reading some moon rune right to left comic.

Just explain it.

The ward also helps prevent him from being possessed, though that's kindof a moot point while wearing the armour, since he's basically being possessed by his inner demons anyway.

But if the armour heals itself why doesn't it remove the rune?

the armor doesn't heal itself IIRC, it heals the user, and by heal I mean it just puts it's flesh and bones together.

Is objectivily better looking than Beast Wars and I just rewatched that a couple years ago
Ive realized my former dislike of this show was irrational and would make me kinda hypocritical, Berserk has better Cg than BW
And since people that can't still enjoy BW are faggots, then the same goes for this show. Just relax, nigga

We all agree that Berserk deserves better, though, right?

Actually go play a PS2 game right now, then come back to me
I think your idea of PS2 graphics is distorted by Nostalgia

No. It deserves this fate.

Well, it's not our fault that Anime Suit and Tie people put milking the Niche merchandise market above expanding the horizons of anime back to what they were in the late 80s heyday
I think another adaption of Berserk will happen one day. If the new Castlevania show does well then Japan may see that and wake up to realize it's better to put more budget into genre anime again like fantasy and sci fi, without gimmicks like high school or trapped in a video game or whatthefuckever
Bringing back the old OVA market via Netflix type deals. It could happen.

Lets stop making this joke

>Bringing back the old OVA market via Netflix type deals.
I'm really hoping this is the case. I somehow doubt Sidonia no Kishi would have gotten off the ground without Netflix money.

That analogy is in now way in praise of PS2 graphics, user. A lot of better looking PS2 games had better textures than that red blob, hell even the Berserk game from 2002 looks better most of the time.

Too bad all of Netflix's anime is fucking garbage

THE

Schierke losing her shit over her comfy NEET life ending

I haven't been watching it, but I thought people here generally liked 7 Deadly Sins.
In any case, I think Netflix has a better understanding of the market than 4kids ever did (high bar, I know).

Would everyone prefer a longer ongoing series like Naruto or OP filled with filler and occasional arcs with garbage art like Pain arc in Naruto or all arcs in One Piece?

I'm pretty sure the businesses behind the anime know that it won't sell well enough to warrant a high budget thanks to not being child friendly.

post more berserker armor!

I haven't heard much about that, but maybe it's an exception. Then again though it's not exactly foolproof listening to what the vocal portion of Sup Forums likes.

Fair.
They picked up Magi, though, and that was a pleasant surprise.

Clanging overload

holy shit this episode was the most unfinished one yet

it was so bad they forgot to change the fps from 60 for several scenes
the only thing remotely okay in this episode was probably the transformation segment

and what was up with the next episode preview?
im almost certain they were so rushed they didnt have any footage for the next episode

this trainwreck just keeps on giving

>that *POP* transformation
I'm certain the studio isn't even being paid to do this, it's all just one jerk off project that miura came up with

should've clarified i meant berserker armor's transformation

the apostle's "transformation" fade in was laughably sad. and what the fuck were these spasms after that?

Just look for it on youtube m8

>garbage art like Pain arc
Ten years have passed since that episode and you still haven't developed good taste for animation. Extraordinary.

Art does not equal animation, retard.

kys

The armor "heals" the user by stabbing them with blades to reinforce their bones. Through doing this, the user is able to fight for longer and be capable of inhuman feats, but they are also slowly being killed by the armor.

>liking something this bad
you don't get to be elitist when you have taste this bad user, you may as well be defending actual dogshit
and this is just bait

Is this the worst episode in terms of animation so far?

Christ, I thought I was already used to the shitty animation but this time it was really hard to ignore.
I found it particularly atrocious because I actually enjoyed the past episodes.

Is the user who was building a 3d model for it still here?
I was expecting a loud scream/roar at the end. Kinda felt like stepping on a step that isn't there

You're right about Berserk not being kid friendly, but I think the show does have potential to be a hit anime in spite of that. Attack on Titan was absurdly successful in spite of its violence and gore, and the story/characters for that show aren't even good compared to Berserk. The reason why AoT's anime is great has much to do with its incredible animation. I think Berserk has potential if it had a decent budget and an experienced studio behind it.

They somehow managed to take what should be an easy 10/10 episode because of the material and butcher it

This should have been hype as fuck even with the usual shitty animation, but somehow they made the animation far worse to the point that it even killed the hype.

all the budget went into Slan, not that i'm complaining.

was this actually in the episode

THIS EPISODE WAS THE WORST

I CANT STAND ARGH FUCK THIS IT LOOKS SO SHIT I CANT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY

What Attack on Titan has:
>gay ship tease
>unrealistically strong women
What Attack on Titan lacks:
>actual gay sex
>realistically strong women
And that's why it has more potential than Bagserk.

>thats some damn good anime

>We are back to the Kagewani homages from season 1

this one is less painful to look at

>>unrealistically strong women

The Ackermans are a result of "titan science"

How does he manage it anyway, to be angsty and vengeful for so long?
I'd probably have got bored after a week and gone on to do something other than demon hunting if I were Guts.

>watching zodd's facial movements on cid
Well that was uncanny.

>unrealistically strong women
that's why fiction is good.

maybe if you experienced the eclipse you might feel a little different. Also, you're a beta bitch

Why is Guts floating to the left?

Did you born from a dead woman and then trained to be a mercenary who gets raped and then finally thought he got friends but them your best friend sold you and your other friends to satan to literally become a spawn of the devil who raped your girlfriend and killed everyone you trusted in the most gruesome and bizarreways possible just to escape with the broken doll that was your woman to try to get revenge and fight demons on a daily basis and some other parties who are against you?
If you have experienced some of the above then you might understand a little bit people who are driven by revenge

Why did Guts change his armor's shape and what is up with the dog? He already had a great armor design, why mutate it?

It was a skeleton because Skull Knight was the last one to use the armor, and Skull knights inner beast is a skeleton.
It became a hell hound because guts' inner beast is a hell hound.

The visor changed to Ash Crow's beak. It's a deep symbolic parallel to Femto's falcon beak.

>Skull knights inner beast is a skeleton
i can't tell if you're trying to be funny or not