Which one raises deeper questions about humanity, GitS or Akira?

Which one raises deeper questions about humanity, GitS or Akira?

>Akira
>deep

it's just well-animated scifi dude

There was deep questions on Akira?

Just as deep as GITS, it's just that it doesn't use as forced exposition.

how was it deep?

Akira's plot is just an excuse for well animated setpieces, it's not about anything.

It was a story about the fear of nuclear energy and the degrading state of the japanese youth. The characters don't spout those messages like in GITS, becaue Otomo actually knows how to write.

I still like GITS more, but the script is rather poor.

Babbys first "deep" animu. They are both shit.

please present your opinion of patrician DEEP animu, kudasai

Anything done by kyoani after 2008.

read the manga you fucking pleb

>GitS asks questions about transhumanism
>akira has autistic teens on motocycles, a disgusting looking imitation of the blob and floating kids that glow white for some reason

Neon genesis evangelion my man

he asked deep, not edgy allegory from a 1 trick pony

Akira is more about social issues, I think, than anything about humanity. So the answer would be Ghost in the Shell. Both masterpieces of course.

I think the script in Ghost in the Shell is the kind of Godard thing where it's meant to give texture to the film rather than to represent actual conversations people might conceivably have with each other. So I totally get how that could be off putting, but I wouldn't count it as a script problem.

He said Eva not Akira.

GitS asks deeper questions but Akira is the better movie.

Comparing them in that way seems pretty useless. Akira is no doubt the more revolutionary of the two.

Akira is more revolutionary, simply by being such an enourmous production.
But GitS asks the "deeper questions about humanity".
GitS asks what life is are while Akira is about being alive.

both
Akira - morality of genetic engineering and enhancement of humans, fear of new technologies etc etc
GitS - human in cybernatizing society
etc.
KEK do you want phylosophic analysis of both works? also mangas > animated

I never really felt the dialogues in Godard films were that unnatural though. So I think he dealt with it better.

Akira live action is gonna be great