Schopenhauer

Reminder that Arthur Schopenhauer was one of the most red-pilled philosophers. He perfected Kant, btfo'd naive realists and postmodern/subjectivist relativists at the same time and was pretty much a right-wing quasi-buddhist. Even Hitler quoted him all the time in his speeches.

Some interesting works:
>The World as Will and Representation (very long, but makes most of his worldview pretty clear)

>Aphorisms about the Wisdom of Life (a more casual read, very pessimistic but uplifting at the same time)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Influences
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His essay on women is spot on

thanks will read

I studied this guy in University
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

lol

Schopenhauer was a wealthy fop who spent his life memeing and ended up only influencing radical leftists who wanted a justification for their dreams of tyranny.

sage

>literally influenced the nazis
>"lol he only served the left"

Meh, Neitzche is better.

The OVERMAN.

More discussion please. Make me pick up one of this guy's books and read it

Hitler's leftist.

>American education

Aphorismen zur Lebensweisheit

> Aims to create a thousand year reich
> leftist

Is it, user? He was just bitter and refused to try to understand women and instead just judged them. Nietzsche had a far more subtle and critical view on women.

I'm not an expert but Schopenhauer was the first important western philosopher to explore and use eastern philosophy, he was the first to explore the importance of the subconscious long before Freud showed up, major influance on Nietzsche (who is still the most important modern philosopher and who needs urgently to be explored more beyond the memes and edgy quotes), hated Hegel and called him a hack (which is amusing), loves art, uses the philosophy of Plato and Kant and builds upon it, was a good writer who is fun to read compared to most German and English philosophers before him, allround interesting guy.

Try to read Schopenhauer. Start with the introduction to the "World as Will and Representation

>Old Schop insists that I need to be familiar with Kant and Plato in order to understand what he is talking about and basically calls me out for being a pseud. Also seeks familiarity with the Upanishads.

It's going to take me years to get there; I enjoy his essays and aphorisms though, maybe start with that.

wasnт нe an ιncel?

So you're saying Schopenhauer was a Nazi buddhist who sought to exterminate all Jews and bring about a universal fascist society?

There are some useful things we can learn from the East too, Carl Jung is a good bridge for eastern and western philosophy, so is Alan Watts, who met Jung once, although I dont agree with everything he says, he was an alcoholic which I cant repect, but he does have some good things to say, he knows about the balance of positive and negative and that you cant have one without the other, he also taught how people con others with religion.

I recommend reading King Warrior Magician Lover, its a Jungian phyceology book on male mascilinity, not a very long read and its very important for people of our young generation to be reading that stuff, leftists need it more than we do, I believe that some of them are open minded enough to listen, this coming from someone who used to lean to the left before the redpill.

Schopenhauer was generally judgemental. He didn't just apply it to women.

That doesn't change that his observations were spot-on though.

CAN'T ROPE THE SCHOPE

Read the portable Nietzsche translated by Walter Kaufmann if you are American.

Does anyone have any Schopenhauer recommended translations?

Arthur Schopenhauer on the Vedas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Influences

>If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas, the access to which by means of the Upanishads is in my eyes the greatest privilege which this still young century (1818) may claim before all previous centuries, if then the reader, I say, has received his initiation in primeval Indian wisdom, and received it with an open heart, he will be prepared in the very best way for hearing what I have to tell him. It will not sound to him strange, as to many others, much less disagreeable; for I might, if it did not sound conceited, contend that every one of the detached statements which constitute the Upanishads, may be deduced as a necessary result from the fundamental thoughts which I have to enunciate, though those deductions themselves are by no means to be found there.

Quite based desu

Alan watts understand eastern philosophy like Hinduism around 30 percent and jung even less than that, the blue man snek nonsense is some next level larping

>he was the first to explore the importance of the subconscious
David Hume should be mentioned here though.

Schopenhauer himself said:

"In every page of David Hume, there is more to be learned than from Hegel's, Herbart's and Schleiermacher's complete philosophical works."

Bump

>try to read Kant because Schopenhauer says to
>literally unreadable for modern brainlets such as myself
>sentences so long and convoluted I finish one and forget what it started off about
Fucking Germans.

I remember being a brainlet and failing to understand nietzsche

Read a book a week or else you'll get no where

>aphorisms
>casual read
Lol maybe the first read through

He looks like Ebeneezer Scrooge,

Just read Wittgenstein and get it over with.

I wish philo books were as easy to read as spinoza's ethics, cristal clear without convulated bullshit, he gets straight to the point

>shilling "Eastern Philosophy" to stroke your sublimated nationalistic tendencies so you revel in your self assumed group identity.

>Thinking Schopenhauer's decadent embrace of eastern tendencies is something to be celebrated and not something profoundly weak.

>Reading a book a week so you don't have to actually observe and self-reflect.

I still think you are brainlet who doesn't understand Nietzsche. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

>i cannot understand the baisc of western philosophy and will call other a brainlet
>>/lit

I view him as a kind of white Siddartha. I don't view him as a bridge or link.. I view him as the conduit of our peoples' version of those wisdoms from the ancient east.

La Rochefoucauld is also in the same ranks as Schopenhauer

>Nietzsche's massive ego stroking isn't decadent or self-indulgent.
>His "self-defined" values don't descend straight into hedonism.
>He didn't get his karma from God and go insane.

Don't worship his personality cult user.

What? How so?

Most philosophies are legit autist, don't expect something easy to understand from them.

I don't mind autism in the case of Spinoza, it's proper logical autism
Also what the fuck, legacy captchas are disabled now

schopi was anything but red pilled, even nietzche was more red pilled and he was a kike puppet

>The World as Will and Representation (very long, but makes most of his worldview pretty clear)
>very long
wat? mine has 200 pages and it's A6

not to mention he's cited as their most important influence by both Nietzsche and Hitler

jesus, i fucking love you mutts, every time I see a post from a mutt I boost my ego.