Koe no Katachi

>she will never be your childhood friend
>you will never bully handicapped children with her
>she'll never develop a crush on you and help you improve yourself
Ueno is a bitch on the outside but faithful and loving to her husbando. Literally best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ae571Tuq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>kyoani's ueno is becoming the default for artists
DELET THIS

What did you mean by this?

Maybe he meant the character design, but just ignore fags

When you think about it the entire Koe no Katachi movie outside of the initial flashback takes place in less than a year.
Shouya and Shouko meet in the spring and it ends in the fall during the school festival, I think. Shows how much shit hit the fan after they met.

I fapped to the doujin of her being turned into some guy's cumdumpster. Felt damn good.

He means manga Ueno is cuter.

Well, he's not wrong.

Things to like about Ueno

>honest
>loyal to her husbando
>knows how to banter
>sexy slender body
>best thighs
>uninterested eyes
>cute mannerisms
>great onee-chan to her little bros

Ueno is a top tier waifu.

Forced drama.

True

Textbook ENTP i.e. endearing asshole

Ueno is bueno.

Has anyone made a webm of "don't touch me you fucking casual" scene yet?

It wasn't adapted

Oh, wow.

That's what teenagers do.

How can most people prefer bland, tasteless Shouko over a girl who actually is a person?

Because most people aren't pathetically clueless neckbeards attracted to crazy bitches. Shocking, isn't it.

>bland
Stop this meme.

>implying Ueno fans are the neckbeards
Shouko is the stereotypical autist's dream, she's submissive and silent and even has a disability (anons like broken people because normal people make them feel inadequate).
She is incredibly passive and is the only main character that is barely fleshed-out by the end of the manga.

>help you improve yourself by telling you to stop being nice
t. sociopath

Ueno is the normiebait waifu because she acts so much like a 3D piggu.

>3DPD stay loyal to you and want to help you even when you become a total loser
I don't think so.

Kawai was an actual sociopath. Ueno just wanted Shouya to stop being a spineless faggot.

Shouya was being the opposite of a spineless faggot by making amends. You ever tried to make something right with somebody you hurt that badly? It's really fucking hard. That scene where he goes to Shouko's house and asks if it's okay for him to be there? That's some real shit. I've been there, it takes guts to stand up like that.

>Shouko is the stereotypical autist's dream
Yeah no, your views are dated garbage. Most turbo autists here want the affections/to be domed by a hot crazy girl. No male but you faggots give a shit about 'submissiveness' in women.

Characters like Shouko aim of a general audience because she's cute, nice, and have a sympathetic factor (deaf, bullied); easy to like. Only the aforementioned neckbeards and horndogs will jump to Ueno, as you can see on Sup Forums.

>loyal
Yeah, no. She didn't even contact with Shoya for 5 years.

Ueno was right about Shouko enabling the bullying in the first place, though. She's hiding behind a persona to avoid confrontation. Ishida didn't have to go that far to make amends when he wasn't the only one responsible. Ueno points out that it's all an act and she's right.

>Bullying is always the fault of the person being bullied

literally looks like eeyore

I wanted to throat punch almost every friend in his group

>hot crazy girl
How is Ueno crazy?
She's straightforward and callous but ultimately much more honest than Shouko who hides behind her disability to avoid confronting people.
>domed
Nobody ever implied this. Ueno isn't even a "dom" archetype. You're mistaking assertiveness and the willingness to stand up for oneself as dominant behavior.
>submissiveness
The fuck are you on about? People like Shouko mostly because she's shy and moe.
>nice
She's a hypocrite
>sympathetic factor
The fact that her handicap makes her more attractive to you says a lot.

>strawmanning this hard
Shouko's behavior enabled it. She wasn't the only one responsible and Shouya wasn't either.
Her mother had a lot to do with it too since none of that shit would've happened if hadn't demanded people treat her daughter the same as normal people.

Ueno is a normalfag bitch. Her character doesn't develop. She doesn't stop hating disabled people. She keeps wanting to bring Ishida back to his old days of being an asshole that'll get nowhere in life.
She's a cancerous tumour to Ishida

>this blame passing
Ueno is a dumb child and so are you.

>Shouko's behavior enabled it
Elaborate

>being nice means you're asking to be mocked
I thought this anime wasn't set in the stone age?
You know why there's laws against assault and slander?
Because it's uncivilized

Ueno is just another piece of shit girl who acts like a 3DPD. Go outside, you will meet plenty of girls like her.

>Her character doesn't develop
So you didn't watch the movie nor read the manga? Or did you mistake Ueno for Shouko? The latter doesn't develop at all, indeed
>hating disabled people
No she just dislikes Shouko and people who instrumentalize their disability.
>bring Ishida back to his old days
Of actually being a cool guy instead of a socially awkward loser whose guilt makes his life shit, yes.
Nice rebuttal

>instrumentalize their disability
Elaborate

pastebin.com/ae571Tuq
35mm weebed up

>How is Ueno crazy?
Yeah, better to call her a stupid cunt.
>You're mistaking assertiveness and the willingness to stand up for oneself
Here's the thing: being "assertive" and "standing up for yourself" doesn't mean you aren't a trash human being. Ueno doesn't do these things positively. I'd say she's a coward putting up a front if anything.
>People like Shouko mostly because she's shy and moe.
People like Shouko because she's a sympathetic character in general. Most people like her. Only aforementioned neckbeards and edgelords like you would genuinely trash her.
>rest of the post
I dunno, whiteknighting an edgy bitch because she makes your dick hard says volumes about you, friend.

Ueno explains it herself.
Shouko uses her disability as a way to avoid conflict. She thinks that by accepting everything and being passive and "nice" to everyone, she'll get people to like her.
Also, disabled people shouldn't be treated the same as people who aren't disabled (e.g. that choir scene) because it makes things shit for everyone.
Who are you quoting?
See above.

What was her deal? Why does she stay a shitty person the entire time with zero repercussion?

>implying 3D women would stay with you 24/7 while you're in a fucking coma
>implying 3D women are capable of love in the first place, whereas Ueno clearly loves Shouya

>Nice rebuttal
Thanks, it was that easy.

Not him, but the whole point is that Shouko didn't try to communicate with others, she just tried to be nice. Because of her passive nature, she failed to connect to anyone and frustrated the people around her.

Obviously it doesn't mean she deserved to be bullied or it was her fault she was bullied, she just kind of assumed people would go the extra step to understand her even though she didn't express herself.

Dumb question but how do you convert that into a .ass file?

Those girls aren't choice in real life. Anons can safely fantasize about Ueno because she's not real.

download then rename to .ass

The thing is those people didn't properly communicate either. Shouko had something of an excuse, they didn't.

>Shouko uses her disability as a way to avoid conflict
When I say elaborate I mean post an actual example.
>She thinks that by accepting everything and being passive and "nice" to everyone, she'll get people to like her.
As opposed to what? Being assertive and mean to everyone like Ueno? It's not like she can't be passive when the only way she can properly communicate is by writing in a notebook.
>Also, disabled people shouldn't be treated the same as people who aren't disabled (e.g. that choir scene) because it makes things shit for everyone.
I agree but this it's not her fault for how other people treat her in these instances.

>stupid cunt
Not an argument.
But sure, I guess that anything who isn't a passive moeblob looks like a cunt to you.
>doesn't do these things positively
Why are you saying that?
She's trying to dissuade Shouya from pursuing a shitty relationship based on guilt with Shouko.
>coward
That's rich. Shouko isn't a coward, but somehow Ueno is.
>trash her
I'm pointing out that she's far from perfect and that she puts up a front. Shouko isn't a perfect angel.
>whiteknighting
>edgy
Keep up the memes friend
It's not an argument

>Her mother had a lot to do with it too since none of that shit would've happened if hadn't demanded people treat her daughter the same as normal people.
How many layers of irony are you on?

>an actual example
Every single scene where she appears except when she gets in a fight with Shouya.
>being assertive
That's how you have to be to avoid getting stepped on, though. Being assertive doesn't mean being extremely authoritative.
>mean to everyone
Ueno isn't mean to everyone.
Does all social interaction have to be nice and sugarcoated for you to feel safe?
>It's not like she can't be passive
That's not true, though it's partially her mom's fault for not putting her in a special needs class.
>not her fault
I didn't say it was 100% her fault.

>But sure, I guess that anything who isn't a passive moeblob looks like a cunt to you.
Nah, I just call 'em as I see them. I like smart cunts though, not dumb cunts like Ueno.
>She's trying to dissuade Shouya from pursuing a shitty relationship based on guilt with Shouko.
Not in a constructive manner.
>That's rich. Shouko isn't a coward, but somehow Ueno is.
I didn't say Shouko wasn't. You're suggesting Ueno isn't a coward simply because she's different from her though.
>Shouko isn't a perfect angel.
No one said she was. What is at issue is your shitty arguments.
>Words I don't like are memes
Stop fitting the bill.

How about you tell me what's wrong with what I said?
You don't put your deaf kid in a normal class, demand she be treated the same even when it's inconvenient, and expect things to go smoothly.

Ueno is prettier.
There you have it.

So how is Ueno a dumb cunt then?
>Not in a constructive manner
It hardly matters, she has no reason to care about Shouko, she just wants Shouya to stop beating himself up over it.
>Ueno isn't a coward
I'm suggesting that I don't understand what in her behavior makes her a coward.
>your shitty arguments
Can't do much when there are literally zero arguments I can respond to.

>Every single scene where she appears except when she gets in a fight with Shouya.
So I guess "using your disability to avoid conflict" means "being disabled and requiring extra effort for both parties to be understood properly"
Okay now that I understand where you're coming from, what should she have done then? If you were in her position what would you have done to "avoid getting stepped on"?

>people actually implying that Shouko isn't the neckbeard waifu
Shouko:
>won't argue with you, is insecure
>is ok with everything, just wants you to like her
>muh deafness
>makes cute noises
Ueno:
>won't like you if you're a loser
>will call you out on your bullshit
>isn't afraid to say what she thinks
>doesn't care what random people think
Really activates my almonds.

Pink hair > > fake Mugi > dyke > fake Mio

Might as well date a man desu

>people actually arguing that ueno's roundabout way of saying I don't like you is assertiveness and not just being a cunt
You're just denying a part of her character that she had to overcome (and probably did). Accept she did plenty wrong in the past and she's trying to avoid doing them again.

No, it means not expecting people to like you because you behave like a literal doormat on top of being disabled.
>avoid getting stepped on
Actually learning to say (or rather, write) "stop" or "no" would be a start.
When you accept everything that happens to you, you shouldn't be surprised that people take advantage of that.

Putting Shouko in special needs class would have shunted her social development, what you don't seem to understand yet, is that everyone deserves an oportunity to make friends, even the disabled.

>any girl who behaves somewhat assertively and doesn't tolerate bullshit is a man
The Sup Forumsutism strikes again

So disabled people can't make disabled friends?
What really stunted her development was the bullying, that she and her mother could have avoided.
She did wrong things and could have handled things better. Doesn't mean she was wrong about Shouko though.

>So how is Ueno a dumb cunt then?
Her general shitty behavior that doesn't do anything to help but only exasperates problems?
>It hardly matters
If it doesn't matter, don't bother. That's irresponsible.
>I'm suggesting that I don't understand what in her behavior makes her a coward.
Hides feelings of guilt and inadequacy, buck passing, won't face reality.
>Can't do much when there are literally zero arguments I can respond to.
If you can't respond, admit you've lost.

KnK threads always reek of crossboardets

I liked how Ueno knows she's a shitter when it comes to Shouko.

>Beat girl up
>Ask her sister why she didn't help sister
>I don't know if I should have
>Don't be a faggot you should kicked my ass

>little deaf girl that's new to class with no friends and no-one to back her up and no way to properly verbally express herself writing "pls no bully" into her notebook expecting people to actually stop bullying her

>shitty behavior
Doesn't make her a dumb cunt. As I said, she doesn't have to care about Shouko. She's just doing what she does so that Shouya will stop being a depressed loser.
>don't bother
See above.
>feelings of guilt
Towards whom?
>inadequacy
She didn't hide those feelings when she talked to Shouya.
>won't face reality
What the fuck are you talking about?
>admit you've lost
If you want the last word that badly, just say it, I don't mind.

>still wants your dick even if you're a loser
>goes out of her way to try 'fixing' your issues in her own shitty way
>jealous of attention you're giving to another girl
>no one else matters but you two

>not ultra neckbeard fantasy
Man, you neckbeards are way out of touch with reality.

I'm genuinely uncertain who the crossboarders are the Ueno lovers or the Ueno haters?

>kids can't stand up for themselves
She could've handled things in any other way than "let everyone step on me and just smile", but she didn't.

Post some.

This. Ueno is best character in manga

Ueno liked Ishida because she knew he didn't have to be a beta loser, as shown by when they were kids.
She had a childhood crush on him because he was alpha back then. She knows that the Shouko issue is just hindering him from being great.

You say that but you know there wasn't jack shit she could do without making her situation even worse.

>So disabled people can't make disabled friends?
And what's the difference between disabled people and normal ones?
>What really stunted her development was the bullying, that she and her mother could have avoided
The only mistake her mother did was not to change shouko from school at the first sign that something happened.

I think it's the Pro-Ueno posters.

You're just gonna tell me "but she couldn't have done that"
>socking Ishida in the face from the start instead of tolerating his bullshit
>actually talking/writing to Ishida asking him why he hated her instead of smiling like everything was fine
>asking to be moved to another class, maybe one where she wouldn't be a burden on everyone
>not trying to fit in in music class and other shit and acknowledging that there are some things she can't do

Disabled people relate to each other and don't make everything more inconvenient just by being around each other.
You're somewhat right about the latter but she made the mistake of believing her kid could ever fit in. Children are assholes.

>I still crave your dick because I thought you were really cool as a kid.
A fucking childhood friend cliche. I repeat my statement that you are out of touch with reality.

>childhood friend cliche
Because it's real? You never had childhood friends?

How is it unrealistic? Did you never have childhood friends?
Did you never meet up with a friend you hadn't seen in a long time and got told something like "wow, you changed" or whatever?
You don't immediately forget about people as soon as you stop seeing them.

>ywn go on a date with Ueno while riding a bike

Waifu wars, every fucking time.

Everyone in this manga has issues. Do you really have to argue about your favorite crazy person?
I dislike Ueno and I think Nishimiya didn't deserve what she went through, in spite of her avoidant behavior. But the point of the manga is to show you that people can be broken and make really bad decisions.

Pic related.
What is her disability? (Besides not meeting the ridiculous standards frome her classmates)

Fuck, here's the picture.

>she'll never look at you with those disinterested eyes

>socking Ishida in the face from the start instead of tolerating his bullshit
Fucking lmao
>"I'm just going to attack this physically stronger person while nobody else is around because he threw sand at me and I have no idea why because I can't hear what he's saying"

>actually talking/writing to Ishida asking him why he hated her instead of smiling like everything was fine
Oh boy
>"Why do you bully me?"
>Grabs notebook and throws it into pond

>asking to be moved to another class, maybe one where she wouldn't be a burden on everyone
Even more of a doormat move than bearing with it

>not trying to fit in in music class and other shit and acknowledging that there are some things she can't do
Fair point, but I imagine she didn't realize how bad she is at these things if people don't tell her.

She isn't disabled, what's your point? I never said disabled people could never ever make "normal" friends.
I just said that 1. putting disabled kids in special needs classes made things easier for everyone and 2. kids are cunts, so don't throw oil on the fire.

This is not "Nice meeting you again, wow you've changed haha", what you're defending is a romantic cliche where a girl is stuck on a guy because of the impression in childhood. She wants to slurp the dick of a loser she thought was cool when they were kids.

All the love for Bueno is very ironic for people who hate 3DPD. And people are calling out Shokofags for being neckbeards. This must be Sup Forums.

And that happens too.
I had a crush on a girl when I was in elementary. I saw her again four years ago and the feelings somewhat reignited, for different reasons but the childhood friendship definitely had something to do with it.

>lmao
But that shit works. Hitting back immediately sends the message that you won't be fucked with. If she had done it from the start, Ishida might've still hated her but the bullying might have stopped.
>Grabs notebook and throws it into pond
You're right, discussion might not have been fruitful, but again, doing it early on is important.
>more of a doormat
Not really, but the bullying would have stopped anyway.
>if people don't tell her
Common sense