Polish architecture

Poland has magnificent castles, beautiful buildings and very nice town squares all throughout the country.
The only thing that was bothering me was the filthy facades on some of the classical art deco structures or the commie buildings in downtown Warsaw or Nowa Huta, Krakow. Why don't the city force the owners to paint the facade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KrWneSgOhc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Poland
youtube.com/watch?v=naF2Qr4J9Pk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermarium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Czechoslovak_War
youtube.com/watch?v=Km61cWOsF4M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_architecture_in_modern_Poland
youtube.com/watch?v=7nkdhDIgCE0
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNMEEsVRos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto-Slavic_languages
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why don't the city force the owners to paint the facade
...money.
Not sure how it's going on in Poland, but here in Hungary, lot of buildings have "protected facades". Which means you can't alter it, you can't demolish the stucco, no matter how fucked up it is, you can only rebuild it. And renovation like this requires a LOT of money.
Another scenario: An investor buys the house and builds an extra level(s) on it, therefore making the renovation profitable.
The results can be good...

...Or catastrophic.

Just come back from Budapest.

We stayed in the castle district and it was very very clean. The rest of the city had grubby buildings but the streets were mostly clean.

Also, Stalinist architecture is pretty comfy.

Not even paint over it?

To be honest, the crumbling facade usually doesn't mean anything.
pic related looks like shit, right?
In reality, it's filled with luxury apartments, but the inhabitants can't afford a historical renovation.

There's literally nothing wrong with those buildings.

scaffolding+lots of paint+workers+plastering requires lot of money.

>There's literally nothing wrong with those buildings.
It was probably light yellow, but now it's grey...

A little feelgood.
Before

And this is what happens when you start renovating a building, but winter arrives, so you have to wait until spring.

>G A S H I T E L

what did they mean by this?

>Why don't the city force the owners to paint the facade
freedom and shit

Why renovate when you can jew locators anyway, they're not going anywhere.

I wouldn't worry about it, user

That looks comfy as fuck bruv, wouldlive/10

History is attractive

>Nowa huta
That place is literally a city built to fuck Kraków in the ass after WW2 since they voted for freedom instead of communism in a commie referendum. That place has to look shit as it was built to look so.

Warsaw and Kraków are making progress, I live in Warsaw and it looks better each year, yet, reconstruction of such buildings costs a fortune, it will take a while before it look pleasant or at least on par with Western Europe. We're also looking to rebuild some destroyed stuff such as the Saxon palace, but the mayor of Warsaw is a total slag and would rather give primary school kids free bus tickets instead of doing something for everyone.

Wish she set up a civic fund for everyone to put in a few pennies and over time we could get our culutre back. Fucking hell.

>I live in Warsaw and it looks better each year
No offense, but Warsaw is pretty much lost at this point.

>nowa huta looks shit
fuck off

What I ment is that what is left is taken better care of each year. There are some reconstructions, but there are hardly any.

Kek.

>Replaces classical architecture with people's blocks

One of my grandmother's sisters lived in Nowa Huta. I got to see the city for a bit when I went Poland as a young kid. From my understanding, it was basically a Soviet project after the war meant to produce a city that also acted as a fortess and a symbol of the future of Soviet architecture. Personally, I liked Krakow much better.

It truly is more with each year... ;_;

>Poland has nice looking shit

Poland is a godawful mismash of every single shit-tier European architecture in human history.

It's not Poland's fault it got fucked over by Germans and Soviets...

It's Poland's fault for having Kurd-tier diplomacy and a meme military

What?

>It's Poland's fault for having Kurd-tier diplomacy
More like Poland's fault for having shitty neighbors.
>and a meme military
Not true, Poland had the 4th strongest military in Europe in 1939.
youtube.com/watch?v=7KrWneSgOhc

Poland was as shitty a neighbor as the countries around it, especially to Russia in the 1600s, it was just too dumb to figure out how to form concrete alliances, thinking that a meaningless stat like having the 4th largest army in Europe and a security guarantee from the Brits and French (who obviously couldn't have given two shits about Poland even before the war) was enough to guarantee no one would fuck with them like they fucked with the Czechs in the 1900s

They got what was coming to them for being retarded, like the Kurds

>Poland was as shitty a neighbor as the countries around it,
Not really.
>especially to Russia in the 1600s,
Well that's one of our few episodes, but count how many times Russia has invaded before during Ivan the Terrible's reign?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Poland
>it was just too dumb to figure out how to form concrete alliances,
Dude, no one can exactly predict the future.
>and a security guarantee from the Brits and French
ON PAPER it was the best deal.
>(who obviously couldn't have given two shits about Poland even before the war)
Again, we didn't know that THEN.
>They got what was coming to them for being retarded, like the Kurds
You think you're so fucking smart NOW when you have the history book in front of you asshole.

Poland tried to build a defense block in central Europe called Intermarium aka Third Europe.
The alliance with France and Britain was a last ditch effort when the Intermarium project failed twice.
youtube.com/watch?v=naF2Qr4J9Pk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermarium

Its just like they don't want to take down the Stalinist Era statues, our government and "mayors" are next to useless and do anything but represent our people. No one in power cares about our country anymore, this conservative-right-wing government bullshit is just a cover up for the people running to get support because they know Poles tend to be more right wing. After being elected they do next to nothing to improve the country.

While loving our country our people have pretty much lost hope but hopefully one day this will change. Stay safe, swedebro.

Next time vote for Ruch Narodowy.

>Why don't the city force the owners to paint the facade?
They do, but it can't be changed within a couple of years. We need more time, Poland has much more population than Sweden thus more buildings to restore.

>implying a couple thousand votes for RN will change anything
We'll still be electing the same "conservatives" we have now 20 years into the future.

Typical (rather modern) efficient northern european architecture.
Actually looks a lot like Germany. (Except for the hanseatic cities at the north coast of Europe who look like pic related.)
And if it is Danzig for example, then it actually was Germany before the jews cut it off of the German Empire.

>>implying a couple thousand votes for RN will change anything
With that mentality we'll surely keep
>electing the same "conservatives" we have now 20 years into the future.
Talk with your friends and family and convince them to vote for real right wing parties.

>And if it is Danzig for example, then it actually was Germany before the jews cut it off of the German Empire.
Fuck off.

Our university main building in my home town (German coast town, Baltic Sea, 175 km distance to Stettin, Poland)

>Prussia
Prussians are Germans.
It was a german city for over 100 years.
Whats next? Give away southern USA to mexicans, because it was aztek few hundred years ago?
What about Rhodesia and South Africa?
What about 50% of Eurasia?
It belonged to the fucking Mongols.
What about whole Europea?
Give it back to Rome.
You fucking degenerate faggot.

Muh Danzig.

What did the Poles do to the Czechs?

The only thing I know is that Czechs invaded Polish territory during the Polish-Soviet War and then Poles took back that land when Hitler invaded the Czechs.

Butthurt much?

>What did the Poles do to the Czechs?
We've been old rivals during the medieval times.
>The only thing I know is that Czechs invaded Polish territory during the Polish-Soviet War and then Poles took back that land when Hitler invaded the Czechs.
Pretty much.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Czechoslovak_War

So how is Gdansk exactly German in your head? Poles had it for longer, were the majority of the pop in the region since the balts (and that's even after Germans were displaced from Germany to colonize it), AND every nation recognized it as Polish. And you claim the entire region is German because Germany occupied it for a couple of years after the partitions? Sad. Just look at the Balt-Polish architecture. When will this meme die?

Ruch narodowy is for stupid people

Yeah nice argument, faggot.
I wonder who is behind this post.
Danzig is the same shit as Crimea.
Jews took it away to start a war over it later.
And you are defending the jews action against the Reich.
And also you don't have any argument.
Nice behaviour dude, just like a nigger.

Taken by German Empire. (Natural right of the strongest.)
And then it took several super powers and a world wide conspiracy to defeat the German Empire.
And then the jews gave it to Poland, not because it belonged to Poland, but to weaken the Germans.
Also look into the similarities between Danzig and Crimea.

>Balt-Polish architecture
That architecture is called HANSEATIC architecture and is all over the Baltic Sea.
It is not polish.

Nice one. This is the oldest university in Poland built in 1364.

Inner courtyard.

youtube.com/watch?v=Km61cWOsF4M

>lost
It is lost, so many skyscrapers going up and with it more non-whites, mostly pajeets.

They are more real patriots than American-Jew owned PiS.
Blablabla kraut.
But historiaclly Gdańsk belonged to Poland, GERMS like you wont erase its 700+ years of Polish control and influence.
You're fucking utterly retarded. Brick Gothic is not reserved for just Germans and it was very popular in medieval Poland.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_architecture_in_modern_Poland

That's because the saxon king modelled warsaw after dresden.

>Just look at the Balt-Polish architecture.
I love Polish architecture. Many Polish kings and leaders are buried under pic rel Wawel Cathedral.

HAIL POLSKA

I LOVE YOU POLAND

I don't think you know what you're talking about. The Wettin dynasty didn't really built Warsaw, as it existed for centuries before, but they expanded and built expanded few palaces and parks.

Pic rel is the old town square of Warsaw from the 17th century btw.

>with it more non-whites, mostly pajeets
This is bait, right?

Definitely the best church/cathedral/basilica that was completed in the 21st century. Architecture wise. The only nice looking 21st christian temple desu.

great... 'righteous clay teenage plague' now has spread to swedish user posts about nowa huta

listen up boio, current holder of the 'natural right of the strongest' are jews, and they have decided that its not yours.
They also decided that nothing ever again is going to be yours.
This is by your own logic.

what about the part of gdynia that was bombed into rubble, any idea if it will be rebuilt? i know it's left as a reminder of the war but I haven't been there since the late 90s, kind of curious if it will be left that way or if it will be rebuilt as well.

You serious? It's not bad but it's not great either.

It's almost there but it has a few eastern european kitsch flaws that keep it from being great

Gdynia was just basically a modernist and art deco city. Many of it's interwar buildings still stand, if not majority of them?
youtube.com/watch?v=7nkdhDIgCE0
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNMEEsVRos

It's because leftist retards or conservative cucks will make the case that that spending is better served in other areas that matter more than national pride and character. Which is debatable, but it really is disappointing that there is no more grand architecture anymore. Maybe Hitler would have done it, he had some pretty radical building ideas.

Warsaw is Swedish clay.
gib back

Gdynia is my backup plan

Considered Stockholm maybe being Polish?

P.S. You destroyed it enough in history.

For what exactly... oO?

The context I am talking about is the 21st century. Pic related is the most significant cathedrals and Basilicas to be completed in the 21st century around the world. Literally the only good one architecturally is the one I posted from Poland. The rest is meh or just trash. There is no competition.

7d palis confirm.

>hungary is literally restoring it's beautiful buildings
>the west is razing them and building glass houses that look like vaginas designed by kikes

when Sweden goes down, poland will be my outpost to shoot missiles to sweden.

Who owned it before Poland? The Baltic tribes. Poland eventually conquered to an extent, but in 1147 Duke Boleslaw IV the Curly had to lead an invasion to subdue the population of Baltic tribesmen. So the area is not originally culturally or ethnically polish. At least by 1157 the area was contested by Germany as well under Frederick Barbarossa. Are you gonna have the hall to claim that Poland had more of a right to the land than Germany when Poland originally took over and subjugated the Baltic natives who settled there first? Considering that these three groups all struggled for control from the beginning I think Germany has as much of a claim as Poland.
>Inb4 muh Baltics and Slavics are the same

I'm triggered.

So HRE is all german now.
pls fuck off.
Gdansk was at it's best when it was free and not tied up with the country that allways goes full retard.

>Who owned it before Poland?
No one as it was founded within Poland by Poles after 980.
>The Baltic tribes.
When you speak of the lands itself then you're still wrong. Baltic tribes started east of the Vistula which was a natural border between Slavs and Balts. The tribes which inhabited inhabited Pomeralia were Slavic.
> Poland eventually conquered to an extent, but in 1147 Duke Boleslaw IV the Curly had to lead an invasion to subdue the population of Baltic tribesmen.
Wtf are you even talking about? In 1147 there was a conflict with Conrad III of Germany in the GREATER POLAND region (not Pomeralia) and the only expedition I know of Duke Boleslaw IV was a crussade AGAINST PRUSSIANS IN PRUSSIA - NORTH-EAST OF THE POLISH BORDER, EAST OF POMERALIA (NOTHIGN TO DO WITH POMERALIA AND GDAŃSK)... Jesus Christ.
>I think Germany has as much of a claim as Poland.
Because you're an idiot that doesn't know history nor geography.

>>Inb4 muh Baltics and Slavics are the same
No we're not the "same", but we share the same Balto-Slavic ancestors, which then split off into Slavs and Balts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto-Slavic_languages

It's easier to draw that line when we are simultaneously talking about the modern context of Germany. But the HRE settlers we're German. My point is still that Poland took the land from Baltic people's and shortly after (while the Baltic population still existed and struggled for the land themselves), the HRE came in and made a claim that was just as legitimate as that of the original polish claim.

>My point is still that Poland took the land from Baltic people's
BUT IT DIDN'T YOU RETARD Balts weren't living in Pomeralia, SLAVS WERE. Baltic tribes like the Prussians STARTED EAST OF THE VISTULA RIVER.

And btw, Balts are more related to Slavs than Germans

I wasn't talking about city of Danzig/Gdansk in particular, just the whole region that was contested and that was still broken up. It was more than just a single city. Old Prussians occupied a swath of the area before either group came in. The area known as Prussia at one point was considered to extend to Danzig/Gdansk.

Just because you invaded your own cousin doesn't make it okay.

>The area known as Prussia at one point was considered to extend to Danzig/Gdansk.
See Pic rel.

i'm not a clayfaggot, that is a teenager argument
>made a claim that was just as legitimate..
please stop

what makes it polish is a millenium of considering oneself polish, cultivating local culture, national language and traditions - during some times illegaly(partitions and occupation)
blood shed during national uprisings and countless wars makes it polish

this really isnt some advanced phisics we are dealing with here

answer me one question, why oh why, despite everything above, and everything that may come next, why is Gdańsk such an everlasting butthurt of a topic for 'some people'
I mean.. there is Lwów which is a meme, there is Vilno which is a meme, other countries I am sure have some meme-claims of their own, but why is Gdańsk/Danzig the only one which really.. REALLY makes people go spastic

Its almost like some people need it for some kind of romantic ideological comeback

>Poland has magnificent castles, beautiful buildings and very nice town squares all throughout the country.
>The only thing that was bothering me was the filthy facades on some of the classical art deco structures or the commie buildings in downtown Warsaw or Nowa Huta, Krakow. Why don't the city force the owners to paint the facade?
Commies.

Also Nazis build something similar (Breslau, Stettin, ect). Places where you can find all lower class, olders and white niggers.

Fucking low quality socrealism architecture for people by peoples/workers parties.

mate please don't throw shit (the rest, the arguments I applaud)

I think this one might actually be reasonable, at least in a way he conduct himself

My point still stands, at one point prussia extended to that city. Not the point in your map obviously. Once again, my argument was over the region rather than the one city. While the city may have been founded by polish settlers, that doesn't mean that the entire region of Prussia was settled by Poland.

I concede the point on Gdansk, it was founded by polish settlers. However as far as justifications go I think Germany still had a claim on the area as it had a sizable population there and historical precedent for owning it. A claim in modern days not so much.

>there is Lwów which is a meme,
Lwów isn't a meme, it's 770 years old and had a Polish majority for around 600 years, like 80% of its lifetime. Poles built it up after Kazimierz Wielki inherited and annexed it and told his architects to design its old town from ground up. It's Polish archtiecture and hertiage. Wilno is historically Lithuanian tho, but Poles have left their herriage there as well.
I have a short stubine right now because this captcha is pissing me the fuck off!!!
>at one point prussia extended to that city.
When?
>that doesn't mean that the entire region of Prussia was settled by Poland.
AGAIN, Prussia started east of the Vistula river which was the natural Balto-Slavic border.