What turns you off a certain anime?

For me it is overly big eyes and poor animation.

How about you?

Moeshit

Grimdark

Hearing "onii-chan" in a harem anime

Japanese stock phrases
Too much exposition and talking
Cookie cutter characters
Boring shit

You are and idiot. Clannad is one of the best looking anime of all time. You are totally newfag for anime, right? Most of anime from last decade HAS a big eyes.
Poor animation i Clannad? Dude, change your dealer.

cancerous fanbase

oh boy, here comes resident neet to insult everybody.
you already finished sucking mummy's tit?
don't worry son, step-daddy will be home soon.

100+ episodes
Overly edgy
Battle shonen in general

Niggers

I've found that anime with black people and hip-hop tends to actually be better

Poor shading and flat backgrounds
Shitty CGI
Obvious waifubait

>genre: Psychological

If you cant get past the artwork, you dont deserve Clannad.

Clannad looks fucking awful. Everybody knows it. It's still one of the best anime I've ever seen.

tiny eyes and good animation

Too much edge.
I don't like the way the character looks.
The animation looks awful.

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

Anime that isn't fully adapted from the manga, doesn't have a proper ending. Also, anime that have 12-13 episodes and have the tags harem, romance, comedy and slice of life.

Or anime exclusive endings.

>Most of anime from last decade HAS a big eyes
doesn't stop Clannad from looking ugly

Fuck off

>Not liking Black Lagoon
>Not liking Samurai Champloo

lack of good OP/ED

Dated animation/style.
I'm trying to get into GTO, but the animation is just so generic and low quality it annoys me. Which is weird since it's not even that old.

I'll eventually get around to watching Lagoon, but fuck that other one.

Mulit coloured hair battle harem.

GTOs art style didn't bother me so much I actually missed that type of style and goes well with the show.
In fact it gave me a nostalgic feel for the late 90s/early 00s

It's not as bad comparing to watching anime on a shitty tv that constantly statics and loses frequency back in the day. Maybe that's why I've tolerated watching anime depending on how bad the quality and style is

Different strokes for different folks my dude.
It's kind of sad since it's kept me from watching a lot of older stuff though.

Ah that's true, try not not be too bummed out just cos something's old. We have to keep in mind that they did what they could do best at the time and if it warrants your interest then see if you could tolerate the obvious flaws of it and enjoy it.
It's just like a movie - it's either okay, shit, or kino to your eyes.

Although I haven't delved into 80s anime, only just the ones that im quite familiar with stretching from late 90s to modern day. The only reason I remember 90s anime is cos that's what they had aired during the 2000's

Anti generic garbage
i.e. those shows that try so hard to be new and interesting that they're just shit.
also the main character being a total cuck, but completely content with his own cuckiness.

It being popular on Sup Forums or even worse /r/anime.

Anything that starts off with, "the MC is your average high school student..."

When there's not enough edge.

Only one of those two apply to Clannad.

why do people complain about the big eyes in clannad but no body complains about them in haruhi ?

>poor animation
Clannad has better animation than everything airing this season though.

Because Haruhi went full Keion in S2.

Cheezy dialogue and moeshit. Female protagonist is also a red flag.

Male characters

OP here, just to clarify to certain people.. I have no problem with the story of Clannad or animation.
Just the eyes put me off, that is all.

>big eyes and poor animation.
This hasn't been a problem in over a decade, newshit.

>..
lurk for 2 years before posting retard

sorry.

/u/ liking the show.

Fuck off, Pedro is the best character in anime.

Good cel style is better than good digital style.

Bad cel style is worse than bad digital style.

Indeed

Cringy/unrealistic dialogue (i want to protect that smile, so please don't cry)
Mere humans surviving being thrown at walls so hard that the wall breaks
Katanas cutting through anything

no /u/ scenes

Instant girlfriend deals
Black niggers
Tournament arcs
>Secret labs
Young looking but high ranking organization agents

Dutch was a good guy
Your taste is shit
same goes for you
you are right
you are contradicting yourself
how would you know what's popular on /r/anime? also Sup Forums comfy threads that don't go over 100 replies and have about 30 posters in them are usually about good shows
better than tumblr liking the show
traps.

Protagonists are doing their thing and at the end of the episode, the scene cuts to a guy in shadow saying random plot-related stuff.

>better than tumblr liking the show
Yurifags are just as bad about shipping and fanfiction. They will ruin anything no matter how platonic it is

Clannad is as shit as its art

Jojo references

If it has a shitty premise.

I'll usually read a synopsis of whatever shows are airing then decide from there. Then again I've been surprised a few times when a show sounds bad but actually ends up good.

brainlet characters.
Moeshit
slice of life
romcoms without incest
too much happiness
no depressing scenes

KLK?

1. alpha harem male who behaves like an omega, girls want literally suck his dick off but he still stays dense as depleted uranium

2. Fucked up drawing, especially CGI. Examples are new berserk anime (which should be fucking awesome but the drawing is disgusting) or even that naruto vs pain part

3. Screensaver scenes. Mostly common in those 1000+ shounen episodes, especially one piece. You have 1 single artwork of explosions which lasts for a minute without any action (because drawing those explosions would be too hard huh?)

Those 3 came firstly in my mind

Hinoue's designs are shit from the start but the anime went some ways to make them look less droopy and terrible, and the rest of the art and animation was well above average. I wouldn't call Clannad the best looking show ever but it's got more than respectable visuals.

Bad direction

The characters designs in Clannad were subtly improved in After Story and look better.

Hasn't kept me from liking Madoka.

>Tsundere is the actual love interest, and the romantic plot is the main point of the show
The only one of these I could stand was Toradora but even then I was really hoping the autism girl would win for most of it, then by the end I wanted blue haired cunt to win. So still, fuck tsundere.

>Male characters are all inept, women all have super powers
Get enough of this in the west.

>Over 100 episodes long
Monster was pushing it at what, 70ish episodes? Shit was long.

And any anime that has a promotional image that is just a bunch of cute girls doing cute things.

Don't get me wrong, one of my favorite anime of all time is Usagi Drop, but holy shit stop with this formulaic moe bullshit.

this

There is nothing wrong with long running anime as long as the have an actual end. It is only the never-ending adaption of battle/harem shounen that are the only cancer when it comes to long running anime. In fact, I absolutely hate how most anime now only lasts one cour.

shonen

>Anime has 700 episodes
>650 of those are unimportant to the story, filler episodes
>Nothing wrong with this

Okay friend.

I said literally said:
>never-ending adaption of battle/harem shounen that are the only cancer
Obviously I'm referring to 700 episode shit like Bleach and Naruto. Monster being 70 episodes it not a problem, pal.

Even Monster had filler episodes.

Isekai and/or harem

How did this take so long to be posted?

Reverse harem, or really any romance anime aimed toward women.

>Woman is completely average in appearance
>She has zero hobbies or interests
>She's good at nothing
>Somehow, every single attractive guy in the world wants to fuck her

At least most harem anime have some stupid plot point like the male character is the savior of the universe or some shit to have it make sense, since women are attracted to status and power.

characters who smoke indoors, and that fucking lip animation.

Any harem where no girl is the clear winner.

hate to say but i've never been able to watch older anime like bebop or any of the classics because I like newer better looking animation styles...

>because I like newer better looking animation styles...
Art styles, user. Animation nowadays is a shadow of its former self, especially if you're watching airing shows.

Not even sure what I meant by that, but bascially pre 2006-ish anime has just been shit for me, just a preference I guess...

Maybe I'm spoiled with kyokai no kanata, konosuba, Aldnoah zero, and newer shit that is more reliant on its art than some other aspects...

Well only one of those shows is well animated, so yeah you probably meant art style. It's fair enough if you can only stomach digitally colored anime, but say what you mean. Animation is how it moves, art is how it looks. Even shitty art styles can look good when they're well animated, and most of the "classics" have exquisite animation.

Anyway I feel obligated to say that you're a pleb faggot who's missing out on a lot of gold by letting your cutoff point be 2006.

The shitiest graphics I've been able to watch was "Military" and it was a newer chibi series with tons of short fast paced comedy... If it wasnt for that I'da droped it on the visuals alone.

I'm aware of my own defect...
But needless to say I just haven't had any desire to go back to 80's and 90's anime.

"Average" male MC with a soft voice. Also if they try to pull
>TATAKAU RIYUU
too early. Both of those will push me closer to dropping something.

Not even just before 2000. 2000-2006 had some good shit. Planetes was 2003 for instance, and so was FLCL. If you seriously can't stomach watching Planetes because the colors aren't as bright as more recent shows then you need to get the fuck off Sup Forums.

All girl casts, harems, isekai.

And this is why I prefer Sup Forums to MAL.

>Planetes
I'l check into it, never heard of it actually.

Avdol is cool though

Filler
Pussy ass MC

that's a strong indicator it might be good

Bland male MC with no personality besides "nice"

>Female protagonist is also a red flag
Why?

Teasing a pantyshot, then not showing it.

poor decision-making/problem-solving
uninteresting characters
stylishness (sakuga/edge/gore/fanservice/etc.) to attempt to make up for the lack of those two

this

big eyes, cringy japanese shit

Advertising their retarded imperialism/militarism because muh tennou heika banzai.

These nutjobs should learn a thing or two from Germans.

Dropped Izzetta because they never showed the antagonists motivations. If you're going to have knockoffs of real world wars you should explain the bullshit that lead up to it, not just "ohwow we have no idea why they'd want to attack us, must just be because they're bad dudes".

school setting / teenager protag

If the plot is still good I'll watch it but it's definitely a big turn-off

>edgy shit
>crazy hairstyles
>fanservice for the sake of fanservice

The germans were defeated pretty fairly through military might.
The japanese got nuked.
Would you not feel gypped?

>big eyes
>Moeshit
>onii-chan
>Japanese stock phrases
>cancerous fanbase
Why are you even here?

To be fair there's plenty of anime with none of those things.