Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Manga raws are out but can't post it because no TL user.

Other urls found in this thread:

jp.square-enix.com/magazine/biggangan/introduction/kusuriya/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The ガンガンJOKER is under a zip but you can find the series somewhere.

It will be on here.

What is it and why should I care?

Manga adaptation of a story about a girl that is forced to become a concubine and involves medicine/drugs as part of the mystery. Why you should care is up to you. I'm just trying to get the raw/tl user here.

There was a sneak peek here and there on Twitter.

CatCat a cute.

And what exactly is stopping you from posting the raw?

FRECKLES
R
E
C
K
L
E
S

just watch zhen huan zhuan and you'll see more harem politics than you'd ever want for a lifetime

does she actually get assaulted or is she still pure?

That huy is a eunuch right?

Harem politics are hardcore, shit was like a real life soap operas.

NO DICK

This. It may seem unusual to the Japanese, but harem intrigue has been done ad nauseum in Chinese-speaking fiction.

One LN illustration I saw made it look like she has consensual sex with her master.

Wait I'm confused is the main guy the one with the long hair?

I want to put something in her mouth if you know what I mean.

I think that's a eunuch steward.

main character's name is Máomáo(渵渵, the kanji means "big river")

That looks like 貓貓 rather than 渵渵.

Google TL translates it as catcat, don't care if it's wrong.

cutie in last panel is Xiǎolán(小籣 means "small
quiver")

Google is right, I got the kanji wrong as pointed out
It's Māomāo(double pussy)

No, again you've got your radicals mixed up. is 小蘭 "little orchid".

>he
post the original

that's it, I'm going to stop and try to get the Traditional Chinese radicals.

So this is supposed to be in China? No wonder the names confused me.

Regardless of where the story is set, this manga/WN is written in Japanese using a Japanese character set, so it's better to pay attention to the Japanese radicals.

Asian languages tend not to differentiate between male and female as firmly as Western languages do, so there are often mistakes of that nature in machine translations.

jp.square-enix.com/magazine/biggangan/introduction/kusuriya/

That depends on what is used, which is why I asked for the original.

The content of the manga itself makes it clear that this is a female MC, for example in and

Is this the first chapter?

I never doubted it. I didn't ask for the original because I wanted to find out whether or not she is a girl. I simply wanted to see where Google translate decided to fuck up, I certainly read the chapter.

Yes,

New folder thumbnail.

Had to go out. Was out for few hours so I couldn't dump it myself. Would have took too long and I had to go.

Is TLanon out there?

so is the WN/LN any good?

It's ok.

For what it is it's decent, it ain't a masterpiece or diamond in the rough if that's what you want me to say.

Google is sometime weird, it translates master into husband and can't differentiate between sexes.

It doesn't translate master into husband, it translates the word that can mean both master and husband into master. There isn't just one word for husband. It can differentiate between sexes because there are words for both sexes that aren't interchangable in Japanese though it might translate it into something that isn't he or she like 彼女 which may get translated into girlfriend or something.

i see why TL user isnt that interested then

>i see why TL user isnt that interested then
That's a stupid premise. If that's the case, then why do TLanons still translate alot of garbage compared to this? You make no sense, and why do they keep TLing isekai? It's a contrived premise you are making here.

>getting this mad
Go learn Japanese and translate it yourself if you're that interested in this warmed-over harem story. Whining about how others don't like what you like won't do anyone any good.

I didn't get mad at anything, you asserted that TLanon is not interested without any base to your claim. There were only 12 people here including you, it could be unnoticed. And considering there were actual people interested in tling in the last thread, and you say TL anons are not interested, it made no sense. It's pretty much the same thing that happened last thread where some user said this series is so similar and translators would not care, but that makes no sense since translators still translate alot of isekai.

Freckles

i suppose its possible that some kind TLanon soul could find this compelling enough to translate but no one here is making that case, especially not the ones that say that it's just ok

What then, should there be some greater praise or what?

These threads are kinda obscure, just saying.

Clearly someone cared enough about this to make this thread and acquire and post the raws. But not enough to explain why he cared.

So what, instead of just saying concubine and mystery, we should say more stuff about the series itself? Is that it?

Stop trying so hard to force this uninteresting series with a literal whore for an MC.

> Whore
> mc
What?
> uninteresting
That's funny, this is rather praised by one translator and piqued the interest of an erotic novel tl but I doubt they come to Sup Forums. Moreover, the overall praise for this novel in japan is rather well-received on Syosetsu and the books sellers.

Hopefully a TLanon can come, if not, I'll try to restart a dump tomorrow if this thread dies. If they don't come, then I guess I'll wait until the sheeprabbit will bother to do it.

Is she really a concubine or is it one of those 'all women who work in the palace belong to the king/emperor' sort of things? I remember it being something like that with the kitchen women in Dae Jang Geum/Jewel in the Palace.

With the medicine woman in the palace theme, this series sounds a lot like Dae Jang-geum.

She's definitely part of the harem. But in alot of cases, most of the girls in the harem will never meet the ruler, and are merely just for number purposes. It's like a hierarchy one would say.