.50 caliber rifle stolen near Portland, Oregon

Weapons thefts are common in America, but the police seem oddly freaked-out by this one - they've already sent out a couple of press-releases. Do they know more than they are revealing?

>Public's Help Sought to Identify Burglary Suspect, Recover Stolen Rifle

>The Gresham Police Department, in partnership with Crime Stoppers of Oregon, is asking for the public's help to identify a suspect who stole a high-powered rifle during a residential burglary in Downtown Gresham.

>Sometime between January 18 and 20, 2018, an unknown person or persons burglarized a residence in Downtown Gresham. Among the items taken was a .50 caliber Grizzly rifle, similar to the one shown in the attached photo. The rifle was in a black plastic rifle case with the "Grizzly" logo on the side. This rifle is capable of firing extremely destructive rounds that could potentially go through heavy-duty commercial glass, cement walls, vehicle engine blocks, body armor and can even go through multiple houses at once.

>Crime Stoppers of Oregon offers cash rewards of up to $1,000 for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in any unsolved felony crime and tipsters can remain anonymous.

its an expensive rifle so its kind of a big deal in that respect. Oregon is full of fags so to them its an Assault Rifle-15 on steroids because its a 50. the northwest was a mistake

Inb4 some Arab turns up on the news

The question is, why would burglars specifically hit a residence with this weapon, and steal it? That doesn't seem like a random act. They obviously knew the homeowner was well-armed, and waited until the home was empty to burgle it (as opposed to simply pulling a home invasion). Which means surveillance. Which means planning.

Take your meds, schizo.

If you've ever fired one you would know why cops wouldnt want to be on the receiving end.

There's an ungodly amount of mentally ill drug addicts in Oregon but specifically in that area combined with gentrification equals middle class and up being easy targets. Lots of crackheads know where the entrance of the Shanghai tunnels is located so hopefully they check there. Could also be Mexicans as they've been ruining Oregon as of late.

>someone steal a gun
>somehow newsworthy

wasnt the rifle that assassinated jfk also stolen moments before it was used as a weapon to kill jfk?

Bump b/c it's likely antifa... Cascadia rednecks already own this shit or source it outside of Oregon's Gomorrah.

No? He bought it at a tool store.

how useful was this gun to protect home evasion?

if it got stolen then lmao at all gun fetishists who think they will be able to shoot poor people who steal stuff so they don't starve

Remember that guy that stole a shitload of guns during the election? Did they ever find him?

>home evasion

no, that was Lincoln

> steal stuff so they don't starve

You haven't spent much time around people like this have you?

Good lord i want one..

Because it probably wasn't random. It was most likely some idiot that had a sign like pic related on his front door living in a shitty neighborhood. Either that or some dipshit that put a "Body Piercing by H&K" bumper sticker on his pickup truck and was followed home. Shit like that doesn't scare people away, it just tells burglars that you have guns in your house and cash to spend on expensive things.

Isn't that the 50 bmg rifle that's more dangerous to the owner?

IDK. They don't seem too concerned about who stole it if they are only offering 1000 bucks.

If it was a rando they will catch him when he goes to buy ammo. Can't imagine too many ppl buying 50 cals

/k/ will probably help you on that one, but if it is, then let's hope there just happens to be a slight malfunction wherever it'll be used.

People that steal stuff are not buying food they are buying meth, real life isn't les miserables take your liberal arts degree and shove it up you ass.

Well, it reinforces the point that one man alone can't really protect anything, because people in groups will have massive advantages over you, and as soon as you fall asleep, you're dead. Only more organized groups of people will do well in a crisis scenario.

the tunnels are still active!?!

W I T N E S S E D
I
T
N
E
S
S
E
D

No, that was a semi auto one that blew the bolt into the shooters shoulder.

If you've ever fired one you would know that i wouldnt want to be on the delivering end either.

dont be shocked when the next time that gun turns up is when its used to assassinate some one

>steal stuff so they don't starve

Huh that's weird. I have a job so I don't have to starve, OR steal.

>Offering $1000

Yeah, that'll find it.

People can't really be as retarded as this can they?

Why not? It's really fun.

That sissy faggot Sakuya on /k/ can shoulder a .50, you can too.

Guy on /k/ used a 20mm for home defense. 50 will work in a pinch faggot.

>Not making your own ammo

Look, when Steve wants a 50 cal he just takes a 50 cal. It's Steve we're talking about here. An army of one.

Comped.

also check them digits

This rifle is capable of firing extremely destructive rounds that could potentially go through heavy-duty commercial glass, cement walls, vehicle engine blocks, body armor and can even go through multiple houses at once.

>$1,000 for information
>$10,000 rifle
Kek

Fuck yeah. That's a $10-12k rifle.

depends on the rifle i suppose. there's vids on youtube where the recoil is barely noticible. and there's models that will slide you back a foot when shooting prone unless you dig in 6" toeholds. a .303 enfield and moisin carbine are not fun for me to shoot. i've shot .50 black powder but that's comparing apples to oranges.

thats true for almost all robberies of firearms

You overestimate the intelligence of your average nigger.

Most rifles do that

also, this is a political ploy by the leftist portland police to instill fear and bring "public awareness to the fact people can buy these weapons" just in time for the next set of gun laws on the voting block next year

it isn't for people. that would be a waste. it's for bigger things; crude tanks, boats, trucks, stuff that "ISIS" might use in the act of terrorizing a population on US soil. could easily be a fuse of sorts would require modification of a round, but hell yes they're worried. it isn't a matter of "if" unless/until they find it
>btw who tf needs to have a .50 cal in their arsenal

I'm an intuitive person and my spider senses tell me there's going to be a high-profile assassination with this particular hot rifle which will kill two birds with one stone, firstly the elimination of somebody who knows too much, secondly as a pretext for banning all guns over .22 caliber as 'destructive devices'. Sorry useful idiots, looks like one or more of you fags is going to take one for the team. This is just speculation on my part, I have no inside knowledge or anything.

Fake and extremely fucking gay.

>how useful was this gun to protect home evasion?
if the home owner was home...probably effective enough to kill a man

Rifle could be used to take out blumpf

Well, I don't know if you knew this, but guns are worth a pretty good chunk of change and are really really easy to get rid of quickly on the cheap. Your autistic deductions are literally how burglary works, you aren't stumbling onto anything you retard.

That trespassers will be shot sign? Window shopping.

You could literally kill 5-8 people with one round from this gun. That's a big deal when you don't know who has it

>This rifle is capable of firing extremely destructive rounds that could potentially go through heavy-duty commercial glass, cement walls, vehicle engine blocks, body armor and can even go through multiple houses at once.

Boy - those deer don't stand a chance.

>could potentially go through ... vehicle engine blocks
God damn it, this stupid meme. No, .50 BMG doesn't "go through" engine blocks. It cracks them. That's plenty to stop a vehicle. An engine block has a lot of metal in it.

>its an expensive rifle
It's like $2,000, only a few hundred more than an AR-15.

Deer is the new word for helicopter?

The other question is, why did the owner simply leave a $10K piece of equipment out in the open where it could be easily burgled? That doesn't add up, either. In other words, is he in on this in some way?

How is it that he first post is quite often the best post?

That ending... pure north east

the right to be able to shoot down helicopters shall not be infringed

I think they’re worried because it could be used for assassinations

i hope i find it to go along with my lapau338 and my two AR-15s.

Bullshit. The kind of people that use that caliber of rifle, likely also reload, and know a lot more about rifles than you probably think. You think someone who owns a 4-5k rifle, like with 2k optics on it, along with another few hundred in reloading supplies is going to leave an EXTREMELY high powered rifle like that just laying out and abouts in a pelican case? Derpa derpda doo, I gots a 4k rifle, a 2k scope, but derpda derp, I dunno have no rifle safe derpa derpdee doo

If youve ever carried one you'll know why nobody has ever murdered anyone with one. They're huge, heavy and inconvenient as fuck.

there has never been a crime committed in america with a .50 caliber weapon.

thousands of crimes daily with lmao9mm.

85% of all gun homicides: 9mm.

winner winner chicken spinner

false flag incoming!

literally any full metal jacket rifle round could go through at least 5 people

Where do you get "oddly freaked out" from that release? Stop baiting you dolt.

I really cant think of many situations where a meme .50 rifle would be better suited for 'an assassination' than a standard .308 hunting rifle.

They are not anti personnel, even though they could be used for that. .50's are for Hard Target Interdiction. They're to disable vehicles, satallites, and take out helicopters before they get airborne. Guranteed, if indeed someone actually took this, they can't afford the ammo, will never be able to fire it, and will likely knock their corneas loose because they don't shit about what they have.

It could be some rich moron, 10k for a toy is not a lot for some people.

Get ready to see some high value target assassinated in the next 3 months.

Perhaps, but think about a .50 for a sec. Where could you take that to practice with it? The effective range on those is well over a mile, and the bullet can travel over 2 miles before it begins to yaw and tumnble. It would have to be a rich person cause the ammo is crazy CRAZY expensive, so unless you reload, your spending hundreds.

Dragon Man's

Have you never heard of a backstop?

Everyone that thinks something fishy is going on here seems ignorant as shit.

At the end of the day, I don't think this really happened. But lets say it did, at the end of the day (The Green Berets in SOTIC) SOTIC - Special Operations Target Interdiction Course, only shoot 15 rounds per day. Otherwise it can cause concussive migraines from the pressure caused via the muzzle brake. Anymore than 15, you risk migraines and knocking your Cornea loose.

>satellites
wat

Sorry, should have specified

Satellite Dishes used for comms

Under normal conditions, stuff like .308 Win or .270 Win is plenty for deer (the AR-15 standard 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington is too small for humane kills, and since deer are about the same size as humans, that should leave you questioning 5.56 as a civilian defense round -- it was picked for military fire-and-move tactics).

.50 BMG is not unreasonable for hunting if you want to take shots at extreme range, and not even all that expensive if you reload (only takes about four times as much powder as 30-06, and the bullets don't need to be anything fancy). It's also enough gun for any animal on the planet, so it's good for exotic hunts.

>Wat
Not in orbit fagit

>LAR Grizzly .50 cal
3000+value of scope

Tungsten carbide? DU?

This shit happens to often in the US.
Spic broke into my granpa's place and stole 30+ firearms from him because they were not locked up.
Buy a fucking gun safe.

>10k for a toy
Again: this isn't a $10,000 rifle. For $10,000, you can get a semi-auto in .50 BMG. This is a single-shot breechloading rifle, about as simple as you can make it, and that's why it sells for about the same price as a decent AR-15: about $2,000.

not sure why theyd be worried. sure, its a powerful rifle, but its also a bolt action of which any standard .308 rifle will go through almost any vehicle anyway. it is a high value item though, you could easily make $3k off that.

Before Vegas the public was asked for help locations caches.

You name it man. There is a top notch Sniper School, open to Special Forces, a few foreign Spec Ops, and Army Snipers that already qualified as Snipers, it's called SOTIC. They shoot this stuff along with .408 Cheytac and they have all sorts of ammunition, Special Ball, you name it.

>1k reward

Nigger please that rifle makes more money in parts

It's guaranteed to knock out the target.

yeah it's a garbage scope so basically nothing

Dude I don't cry often, but I think if that happened to me, I cry like a fucking baby. Wife thinks I'm weird but I get emotional and protective over my optics, peripheral gear, firearms and reloading equipment haha

dude its a .50, that rifle is accurate up to 1.5 miles and the longest recorded shot with it was 5 miles. the difference between the two is a mathematical equation.

because Gresham is a sketchy neighborhood

Took another look, your right. Looks like a Leupold Mark 4. That's around 1k at the most. I don't know why but I thought it may have been a Nightforce, Steiner, or Schmidt and Bender. Still a pricy set up, even if scope is shit tier

*locating

>No sauce
bunch of fucken newfags

I live near there, it's a bog standard American suburb. Not particularly sketchy, as there are basically zero blacks or Mexicans.

Maybe if they all stand in a line, you fucking retard. Any semi-auto .22 rifle with a large magazine is far more 'dangerous' than this rifle.

Negative, the furthest Sniper Shot that's been confirmed thus far was 3,871yds , that's only two miles. Do you know how small your target would be at 5 miles

Stolen by Antifa??

>.50 cal
>.50 cal
>.50 cal
>.50 cal
>another seth rich happens

fucking hell, really?...did he hit anything or was the mere act of firing it drive people off? i'd be astonished if he managed to hit anything in that situation, but I sure as hell would be backing the fuck up if something that big was pointed at me too..