Are cars the most Boomer tool currently in use? Boomers seem to love cars intrinsically

Are cars the most Boomer tool currently in use? Boomers seem to love cars intrinsically.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Railways_Group
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why wouldnt you want a car? Why are kids actually being convinced owning a v8 war machine isnt the best feeling in the world? Stop acting like being too poor to afford one makes you interesting

cars are cool, i go on /o/ all the time, sotp being a faggot and get a licencee

the fuck is wrong with loving a car? It's one of the most inherently white(and asian, to be fair) interests out there.

picrel is my 996, pretty good for a college student desu

Cars are a huge part of American culture.

>most inherently white interests

>have rich as fuck parents
>pretty good for a college student
and here I am living the high life in my 15 year old Cadillac

I should've specified.

TUNING, ACTUAL car culture is very white.

There's a difference between putting 26s on your car and putting in a new cold air intake.

>i have rich parents
no, i have a scholarship and run a bunch of shopify stores
so fuck off

I like having a car. Born '90

/o/ is my second home

...teach me

Fucking nu male fag, who doesn’t want a bad ass car or truck? Or both! Or a motorcycle... I could go on.

Seems like a Boomer and (((minority))) hobby.

That's not yours. Your parents bought it. Fuck off fag.

That's because you are stupid and you don't know any better.

Have a sage shill. We will forever use cars as millenials as gen z and gen alpha. Get used to it

A nice truck is essential for any working white family man.

I love my car. You don't have to be "into" cars to enjoy a nice car. I've owned an F250 like this one, plus you're everyone best friend when they need a couch moved.

shopify is dying, and so is crypto(though I pray it doesn't), so if I were you I'd look into writing ebooks, doing social media management for local businesses, and social media influencing. All of those are easy businesses to start that don't require a lot of capital, if any

That is fantastic.

>run a bunch of shopify stores

do you sell books on how to be so successful?

>so fuck off

you must be new here

It's part of our culture faggot

Stop hating white people

Either embrace it or take the heel-toe express the fuck outta here

>do you sell books on how to be so successful?
no but this is a REALLY easy way to make money if you're a good writer, and I'm not

Unless you live in a city where everyone takes public transportation, a car is a life necessity. I get the whole "le boomers are dumb XD" epik maymay, but it's really not a generational thing.

Explain how it is part our culture.

>intrinsically
I don't think you're using that word correctly.

i'm sure. I've had an ebay store since 2009. The ability to make easy money on the internet is so wifely underrated and unused.

>Why wouldnt you want a car?
gas costs money
maintenance costs money
taxes cost money
insurance costs a lot of money

Take a look at Western society and explain how it isnt

>culture

Ford is the world king as manufacturing cars. NASCAR is the largest spectator sport and draws the largest crowds in America. Car detailing and cleaning industry in america is around $10 Billion. Americans fucking love their cars.

Cheaper than a wife

8mpg, suck a dick

It just takes a little research and motivation. Both of my parents are entrepreneurs in their own right(my mum runs a small PR agency and my dad is a local sports radio host). and both impressed upon me that from a young age I would be on the hook to pay for anything and everything I wanted or needed after 18.

I drove a beater 1998 camry for 3 years, and once I'd built up enough recurring income, I was able to start college without taking out a single loan, with my only debt being a $150/mo payment on my car.

It's not hard guys

Both fuck it up and add nothing of value unrelated but my 01 7.6 has 410kmiles on it.

>Explain how it is part our culture.
Go watch American Graffiti you underage faggot.

>culture

Thats why I never bought a truck, you desperate doormat.

Cars are great. It's not the car that's the problem. It's what boomers have done to it. What boomers have done to ruin the car is two related things. First off, boomers were probably the first generation that started walking into car dealerships and saying "I can afford $x/month, what is the best car I can get?" Dealer financing, 84 month loan terms, low millage leases, etc. These are all classic boomer traps.

The second problem is that boomers have ruined the truck by turning it into 'muh truck big like muh dick must be'. Fucking boomers want huge, 4 wheel drive, 'super duty' trucks with heated leather seats, dual climate control, satellite radio, touch screen navigation, etc. all to pull their stupid 11 foot bass boat. New trucks cost $45,000 and are shit at doing actual truck stuff. If the truck bed is taller than a standard loading dock, it's going to be annoying to load shit into it. If the truck bed walls are really tall, you can't easily grab something out of the back without climbing into it. They all have 'off road' suspension packages too, even though most boomers don't do anything with their truck other than drive it back and forth from Applebees and the post office. And 8 speed automatic transmissions? What the fuck is that shit?

>our civilization is smart enough to move millions of people with minimal issues aside from high-traffic times making the movement a bit slower

wew

Tell me this isn't both a work of art and a marvel of engineering, and how those two things arent indicative of Western Culture.

>Not wanting to drive a whip recklessly while smoking and hollering at females

Manlet detected

I just bought a huge v8 war machine.

Feels good man.

pls post pic

I wasn't talking specifically about the truck but thank you for an interesting reply all the same. I do agree that automobiles do have value, just not how Boomers have decided they should be used.

>implying

>being booty blasted about a $20k Porsche

C'mon lads, a 20 grand in college isn't outrageous.

How? If you could post a few links or a guide I'd appreciate it user.

>meme flag
Turk roach detected.

>20 grand car

Rail transport really only makes sense to connect dense urban area to other dense urban areas

exactly. I got a 40k discount on a perfectly capable german sportscar because my headlights look like eggs

DYOR, and unfortunately for this one you might want to go to reddit

I'm Millennial and like all these things. I get bored in my home so I want a car I'm not bored in. Regular radio sucks so Satellite is a necessity.

You would be incorrect.

current generations use cars but ask any car salesman that has been in the business for long - they're not nearly as interested in them as their parents' and grandparents' generations were

>an automobile that can transport 1-6 people isn't used suitably in western culutre
>an automobile isn't used extensively enough to facilitate car culture

wowgetaloadofthisfaggot.dll

What where those people protesting?

I drive random places for fun. Driving is fun and I have no idea why someone wouldn't want to drive.

This piece of trash is a literal autistic trainposter

Sage and report

>get on train at rural station
>go through several stops
>take it to nearest large city
>get off train
>get on new train
>go through several stops
>go to another rural station
>get off train

>get in car
>go to place

BLM

Japan is a highly dense urbanized country you idiot.
Also, their entire rail network is privatized.

>Also, their entire rail network is privatized.
im interested

people still enjoy driving but getting and maintaining big cars as a hobby is dying fast

It represents cheap modern luxury and is an easily-attainable status symbol. Boomers like luxury and technology.

Additionally, understanding the mechanics of organization-dependant ready-made parts gives car enthusiasts who are otherwise brainlets something to feel smart about. Knowing the names of all the little trinkets is their way of convincing themselves that they're manly without having to actually fight for anything. They can rest easy and enjoy the dopamine rush of knowing that they're "real men" without having to take up a sword or get in a fist-fight like men might do in places where the average citizen doesn't have access to large fossil-fuel-based people-movers.

TL;DR it's a masculine hobby and a cheap status symbol in a deracinated society utterly devoid of tradition and group cohesion. Boomers like the technological luxuries like tha air-con and tha seat-warmerz

When I was in my teens and twenties that's how I felt about driving. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm literally at the end of the rope with all the brainlets they give drivers licenses too (because god forbid the automotive jews don't sell enough cars).
The entire industry has devolved into some shitty rent-seeking scam.
I started driving right at the end of the option sheet era.. Where you could pick and choose almost any option on any trim level. Buying a higher trim level just meant getting a package deal on a bunch of things you wanted anyways. So you could get the nice stereo and the bigger engine in the entry-level trim package if you wanted to etc without having to buy a bunch of garbage you don't actually want.
The automakers also make a lot of questionable design decisions which serve no tangible purpose other than to make DIY maintenance more difficult.
And because of the government virtue signalling and forcing automakers to increase fleet-wide fuel economy cars have become real throw-aways now. a 200 horsepower V6 engine from the 90s will outlast the car built around it. a 200 horsepower turbo charged high compression 4 cylinder engine... hah. good fucking luck. It'll be fun for the first 100,000km but when you squeeze that kind of beast into such a small space it creates serious longevity issues.

>not wanting an 8 speed transmission
What are you? Some sort of faggot?

Yeah, my father has 6 vehicles and is still constantly looking at used car sites and lots.

stick a 327 in a blazer nigger. Fuck your CAI, put down 500 hp at the axels.

>get in car
>need to get gas
>need to buy new brakes
>now car won't start
>get stuck in traffic for two hours
>some dumb woman rear ends you
>buy more gas
>the end

or

>leave house
>walk to corner store
>walk back
Very easy.

In 1987 JNR was a debt ridden mess so the Japanese government sold it off to six companies.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Railways_Group
Today it's the most efficient rail network in existence.

Ive saved back some cash and am looking to buy a reliable car, i have to travel 2hrs 5 days a week, and currently looking at 18' civics. can anyone help me out a bit?

Too many gears, not enough pedals. Trucks should be bolt action, faggot.

I'm a 20yo mill worker living on a property out in the woods and I love my vehicles
>First car was a 63 rambler station wagon
>68 Ford F250
>65 Rambler four door sedan
And a 87 tbird as the daily driver. Yes I have a gun rack in my ford to hang my mauser in it.

>be neet
I feel sorry for you broke wiggers.

>87 t-bird
nice. The late fox body t-birds have some of my favorite aesthetics out of the 80s.

I don't see how it is a masculine hobby. Woodworking is far more masculine. It seems to be a cheap status symbol people are stupidly attached to.

Why does disliking cars make me a neet?

i live in seattle and sometimes literally drive around on a moped for fun

also i hate jews

99 F-250 powerstroke owner reporting in. IF YOU DONT HAVE A TRUCK YOURE A KEK.

>buying a brand new car

your first problem. For the price of a brand new civic you could find SO MANY other fun cars.

A base model brand new civic is 18k, for that price you could get a Boxster S with 40k miles, that will last you FOREVER. AND it's fun.

Cars are great,
the most Boomer thing used in existence is cable television

I don't have a truck because trucks are retardedly expensive for no reason other than the
>MUH TRUK
fad.
Never buy anything that is artificially cost inflated by hype.

>calling someone a kek
What did he mean by this?

Because you're in america. If you don't have reliable transportation you either work for minimum wage or food stamps, or you're a trust fund baby.

>hauling shit
>not going fast

kek

cars are quintessential boomer culture.
Its all about cars and their "freedom"
They spend more money on their damn cars than their own children.
They spend more money on their damn cars than fixing the infrastructure of their own country.
But its okay because cars are boomer culture

Did I say or imply in any of my posts that I don't own a car?

I already have a 57' gasser for fun, and a 01' baja explorer, im just looking for a reliable car thats good on gas. Im looking at the two door touring coup model

Driving everywhere is an absolute kike trick
>obese because never walk
>waste life sitting in traffic
>waste money enriching oil kikes
>waste money on (((insurance)))
>live in disgusting suburbs with no culture, history, or attachment to escape the minority hordes and detach yourself from the responsibility for letting your country decay

great quality of life there tbqh

We know you love that powerstroke, fucking fag

>is actually a NEET
I picked it up for $600 bucks from some oakie in a town over. I really like it. It's a nice little car.

Now this I completely agree with. Theres no reason to have gotten rid of the option sheet and limiting such trivial options between trim packages that have thousands of dollars worth of difference. Then there’s this obsession with infotainment where every new vehicle has to have a touchscreen that ages like milk and bluetooth. It’s incredibly frustrating. The lower trim levels are gutted of options while the prices continue to increase and you’re not even getting a deal on the options you’re looking for. Then going aftermarket isn’t much better.

How do you fucking enjoy that?
t. Everett

>spend money on cars
Actually believe it or not car culture, at least around here, is mostly enjoyed by poors.
Being poor = have to do your own repairs.
And you'd be surprised how cheap fixing cars is if and only if you know how to source parts outside of the retail shakedown and can do all the work yourself.

Get a motorcycle and piss off cagecucks.
>$2000 bike gets you more female attention than a $60,000 car
>spic filled car "culture" and manlet suburbanites in their Dodge Compensator 3500
>Aryan as fuck bikers
The choice is obvious.

>being explicitly anti car in a pro car thread
yes.