What the fuck was his problem anyway?!

What the fuck was his problem anyway?!

Kenshiro fucked his face up and forced him to leave their temple

He also thought the "mugle with a shotgun" meme was stronger than magic (hokuto shinken)

No confidence in his own identity

>decides to learn exploding body karate
>is piss poor at it
>resents everyone instead of just quitting
>tries to pull BS at the last minute
>blames other people for his own faults

Jagi should've been renamed "JUST" cause this is just purely inexcusable

Makes sense, though he honestly seemed more like another common post-apocalyptic thug with slightly more self awareness imo

Consider it this way though.
>Hand picked by master of secret Kung Fu for no real reason (alledgedly to make the future successor of said Kung-Fu more aware of the harsh realities he will face)
>Get taught secret Kung-Fu and despite being shit at it become stronger than 95% of the people in the world
>Know that you are never going to be in line to be the successor but still get taught anyway

Jagi was a shit but everything that happened in Fist of the North Star apart from the nukes going off is completely Ryuuken's fault.

Cant argue with that then, thanks for clearing this up user.

I think it was explained further in one of the Jagi Gaiden's but I haven't read it myself.

It's clear from the main story though that Ryuuken didn't think ahead about the consequences of what he was doing though. The fool should have known that destiny would have lead Kenshiro to him eventually.

Though in retrospect I suppose it was somewhat refreshing to have an asshole old guy w/beard master rather than the stereotypical all wise and loving one, but would've preferred if they capitalized & emphasized on that.

Seriously, despite all the source and spin-off material Ryuuken is one of the least developed key characters in the franchise EVER.

If you put it into perspective, knowing what he knows about succession to Hokuto Shinken, he wasn't being an arsehole all things considered. He never said he would kill either Toki or Raoh and gave one of them a chance to learn Kung-Fu and let the other one live, which is reasonable. His biggest mistake was letting Toki learn Hokuto Shinken because that was truly the start of everything gettng fucked up.

Then again a lot of Fist of the North Star is about destiny and fighting against it or embracing it, you could argue that Ryuuken was bound by fate to do what he did.

He was at least based enough to nearly kick the shit out of Raoh before he had a stroke.

Ask a man who just finished entirety of HnK anything.

>Ryuuken
Technically it's 2000 years of fuckup started by Hokuto Soke, specifically Ryuo's mother, Ohka.
Had she not cucked Ryuo's of his rightful successorship to Hokuto Soke's techniques then he'd never create Hokuto Ryuken and start 2000 years long butthurt of the Ryuo line which culminated with Kaioh's overwhelming asshurt.
But Jukei is definitely the main fucking fuckup in terms of "current" HnK timeline with Ryuken being close second. Those two retards caused so much grief by proxy it's not even funny.

No one loved him and was too focused on just winning to actually git gud

Why were Nanto Suicho Ken and Nanto Hooh Ken so cool?

Why was Juria such a mary sue?

I like Jagi because he was the only one who didn't put Juria's pussy on a pedestal.

Did Kenshiro deserve such suffering?

Because Rei was canonically second strongest Nanto (together with Shin, they were apparently equals) after Souther.
As for Souther's style, it's because just like Hokuto Shinken it was a sole successorship based style due to its destructive potential.

It's Yuria and it isn't supposed to be Julia actually, despite the common misconception.
If it was supposed to be Julia, it would be written as "ジュリア" but it's written as "ユリア".
Anyway because Hara really liked her for some reason and felt compelled to bring her back despite it cheapening his story. He apparently had her comeback planned out a good year ahead too.

Something Something Hokuto Soke Something Something

THIS!
it gets worse depending on the source you use.

source book says Jagi's only chosen so Ken has some evil to face to make him a better successor (which doesn't explain why he let Raoh get so high up in the training).

the Jagi gaiden portrays him as Ryuken's adopted son and doesn't want him to learn HSK at all to spare him from all the heartache. this led to "daddy doesn't love me" issues because he spends more time with Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro for training.

Ryuken was forced to accept him as a trainee when Jagi showed enough comprehension of HSK when he saw Jagi hit a pressure point on a marauding mook.

>which doesn't explain why he let Raoh get so high up in the training
Raoh isn't evil. He's the end justifies the means type of person. His goals aren't evil (ending the age of strife and restoring order), his methods however.

how many replace leader jackets did kenshiro have?

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask

More than there are volumes of this manga.

Belonged to some smelly frenchman that has toilet problems.

the harshness of his training paired with the troubled times he lived in

I thought Shuu was stronger than Rei and Shin

Coming later in the story =/= stronger.
Shu was Juda tier.
Souther > Rei = Shin > Juda = Shu

Raoh > Rei > Toki > Shuu > Souther > Shin > Jagi

prove me wrong

goal might not be but everyone knows the method would be.

basically everyone calls jagi most evil when at best he only has control of one town. raoh wants to control everything and most of his lieutenants are asses that all the suffering can be blamed on him.

As characters/personality, sure.
Not powerlevels though.

The weak don't belong in the HNK universe.

lost waifu to gangbang.

literally.

a gang banged his waifu to death

speaking of kicking the shit out of Raoh, is anyone disappointed that with the whole five chariot stars no one was able to do any lasting damage on him? I was hoping Juza would at least cripple his arm a little, but Raoh literally just shrugged it off. Also why did Juza bring Kokuoh back there anyway?

I was never that big of a Raoh fan myself. Also, you forgot Jyuza

>Raoh literally just shrugged it off.

Why wouldn't he? Raoh is an absolute beast. Why would masters be anything in the presence of the master of masters?

>Also why did Juza bring Kokuoh back there anyway?

Some kinda kung-fu honour shit.

he was inferior to raoh and toki, and he knew about this, so bullied ken because frustration

the problem was that ken was also better than him

>Master of the kings fist being disabled by anyone
I think you are just wanking off Juza too much in your head mate.

also the ugly

He's not wrong about Juuza, that guy really does have the talent to do it

But unfortunately for Juuza, Raoh's body is perfection. Anybody else would have had their arm broken and torn from that last move.

Leather jacket alchemy is the first technique you learn in the Hokuto school.

What's his name?

LORD KENSHIRO OF HOKUTO SHIN KEN, BITCH!