Haikara-san

New key visual released for the upcoming films.

>Benio Hanamura lost her mother when she was very young and has been raised by her father, a high-ranking official in the Japanese army. As a result, she has grown into a tomboy -- contrary to traditional Japanese notions of femininity, she studies kendo, drinks sake, dresses in often outlandish-looking Western fashions instead of the traditional kimono, and isn't as interested in housework as she is in literature. She also rejects the idea of arranged marriages and believes in a woman's right to a career and to marry for love. Benio's best friends are the beautiful Tamaki, who is much more feminine than Benio but equally interested in women's rights, and Ranmaru, a young man who was raised to play female roles in the kabuki theater and as a result has acquired very effeminate mannerisms.

Looks a bit like a cross between Taisho Yakyuu Musume and Otome Yokai Zakuro.

Well, it also takes place during the Taisho era, so no surprise there. (though Zakuro was set during Meiji).

I never heard about this before, but I saw it got an anime in the 70s and it was dubbed in Italian. I am going to search for it and watch it.

Is this the one directed by the Trust and Betrayal / Hunter x Hunter guy? I don't love the character designs but the story sounds nice.

Okay, so it features a strong independent woman and an effeminate guy but what's the plot?

>Tomboy x Trap
MUH

Wait a minute, which one is supposed to be the girl?

Presumably some arranged marriage debacle.

Yes. Well, the first film will be directed by Furuhashi. The second film is being handled by Mitsuko Kase, but Furuhashi is doing the screenplay for both films. The other staff is really good though, so I'm sure they'll both be worth watching in any case (though I'll admit that I'm disappointed that Terumi Nishii is only doing the main designs and not sakkan).

The girl is the girl. The man on the left isn't mentioned in that synopsis, he is Benio's fiance.

The plot seems to read like some soap opera drama. I wish they just made more taisho yakyuu musume instead.

Yes well, that's shoujo for you.

Not expecting big things, but should be worth a watch at least. I wonder why the decision to make it into two films.

Taisho era is my main aesthetic.

It's an adaptation of a shoujo manga from the 70s

The trap doesn't win unfortunately.

And in 1945 they moved to Hiroshima, the end.

Benio?
More like BENIS :DDDD

Oh, for the love of-
Onnagata are traps now?

Well it's old as shit, I'll give it a pass. But the new art style isn't doing it for me.

The blond one is a half aryan?

Half Russian, iirc.

Enjoy no subs ever.

Oh God this shit is ancient. I think it was written in the WMT Anne of Green Gables era so Japan got all this "literary" historical shoujo novels like Candy Candy.

Sounds like utter shit. Waste of a historical setting.

It's not completely original, but I wouldn't say there's no hope of it being good.

I planned on downloading this after I cleared out more of my backlog but Nyaa went down before that could happen. It was my biggest regret since the show isn't on BakaBT. I'm sure I could've found it somewhere else but luckily pantsu was here to save the day.

It looks like a solid classic shojo and I can't wait to watch both the original TV anime and these movies.

Is original subbed?

RAW can be found on AB

it probably is

>strong independent woman
>effeminate male
I'm certainly not a Sup Forumstard but I'm fairly sick of shit like this, I don't really want to watch another anime with a meek or effiminate male lead; I've been sick of it for years. And the fact that this show, at least judging by the synopsis, is based on these particular character traits doesn't bode well in my opinion. Which is a shame because like
said Taisho era is great and I would have liked to watch it.

From this thread, it looks like Tamaki and Ranmaru are not male leads, dude in the OP picture is, and it's more like "taming of the shrew" type of plot.

I have no strong feelings about the premise, but I'm totally in favor of more anime set in the Taisho period.

The male lead is a soldier. The effeminate guy is MC's best friend who has feelings for her.