Why be religious

I want to believe in sky daddy, but put too much weight on scientific evidence. Convert me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EC1rPFE8K2o
shroud.com/heraseng.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DapNJOXBx2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm agnostic, but culturaly religious
Just stay away from desert religions and you are fine desu

There is so many mistakes in the text of the picture I can cover everything in one post.

Does it reflect your idea of the Bible message or did you just picked a random image?

just picked a random image

Do you believe you have an immaterial soul? A spark of the divine? A small breath of immortal eternity?

Do you really want to understand or are you just here for the lulz ? Just asking.

Nope, im too autistic to believe in anything supernatural at the moment

I really want to believe i mean it would be nice knowing that you have an afterlife for example

Afterlife... So you are afraid of death, for example?

Not really, since it in my current beliefs would hold no negative or positive values. But eternal happiness, does sound way better than nothing.

Science E=MC^2
energy is matter times the speed of light squared.
Religion M=C^2/E
Matter is the speed of light divided by energy.
Jesus is the light of the world.
Man was given the breath of life.

My grandmother-in-law visits us from beyond whenever we are at his mom's house. She does various things, always around 3:30 am, like walk into our (her) room and look over her dresser, look over us, walk into the guest room and look over the kids, turn off the TV, walk through the hallway. You can see enough of her ghost to see she is short, wears a checkered blanket (same one she used to wrap up with when alive), and has old lady hands. There is definitely some sort of afterlife.

Why do you feel a need for religion? are you a fellow existentialist that has ran into some problems?

If yes, then: You can fill that need of being part of something with literally anything you want and you want have to feel intellectually dishonest about it.

Ikr.
So, have you read the Bible, for instance?

Be serious please.

Science has no bearing on metaphysical issues. Empirical evidence cannot prove or disprove metaphysical assertions.

Read pic related.
Ask any questions and I will answer them.

I am. The first time she visited was the day I finally became religious.

Do you value what you want to be true more than what is actually demonstrable? Whatever the answer to that question is, you should consider the implication of your answer

yeah ive read most of it, and had it read for me as a kid, but didnt find any serious evidence in it

well i just think i would find it nice to believe, its not like i "need" it

Repent. Believe on the saving grace oh Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this is your grandmother-in-law.

That's a good start. So when people are talking about some stuff like the Lord's Prayer, Moses, David, Isaiah, you have a good idea of what/who it is about, right?

Do you think it is some other type of spirit?

I would say a semi idea, like im not completely sure, since the last time i read the bible was at least 6 years ago
Am 18 at the moment

It would be nice to believe a lot of things but that doesn't mean you should believe it. If you are feeling prepared to take that step into theology you should "hang" your beliefs on something that is solid.

Otherwise everything will just come tumbling down and you will be back at square one again

Since you say she walks around at night its probably just a waking dream, they happen to a lot of people

Yeah. Or at least... a pareidolia-ish mistake.

Ok, 18 is a better age to grasp these things. I was your age 15 years ago and if I compare with that time. I really evolved in my understanding of things.

So, don't worry.
Maybe you may want to read it again, alone, little by little, to get the full picture of what may sometimes look like a puzzle.

I think his message implies that she was dead some times ago and that "she" is back.

Okay will do, thanks mate

She's visited like 5 times now and 3 different people have seen and heard her from different rooms without knowing about the other people's experiences until later on. All I know is she responded to the Lord's prayer by leaving when I recited it, and it was a powerful enough experience to make me believe. I was raised catholic but was never into it. Now I'm non-denominational.

And you know, it may feel awkward but... you should try to "pray". No need for special wording or anything... just take 1 minute to settle down in your room... close your eyes and ask "God" to help you know about Him. That's a good starter.
You never know... he could come knocking to your door in a way you did not expect.

>When asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is within you."

>"That which comes out out of the Infinite Whole must also be infinite; hence the Self is infinite. That (God) is the ocean, we are the drops. So long as the drop remains separate from the ocean, it is small and weak; but when it is one with the ocean, then it has all the strength of the ocean. Similarly, so long as man believes himself to be separate from the Whole, he is helpless; but when he identifies himself with It, then he transcends all weakness and partakes of Its omnipotent qualities."

A "ghost" leaving when someone is praying... I think you understand there is a problem here.

Anyway, don't worry about her, she is "sleeping" (John 11:11) and waiting for the time when God will wake her up (Acts 24:15)

Check out the Turin Shroud my man. It's a physical proof of our Lord's existence and the reality of his Resurrection. Once you see you will believe again.

Everything else is but a cosmic clock set in motion by God, with human free will as the divine spark in us amidst the ticking machinery of universe.

Listen to your heart. All people have an instinctual knowledge of God, all you need to do is trust it

Pic related

Dem digits for the shroud fake... a shame.

Shroud is legit my man. See the pic.

It's a fake. I know the pic. I'd love it to be real, but it isn't. Anyone can research that.

Plus, in the Bible, Jesus had a separated shroud for his head.

You mean these digits for a truth revealed. See and believe.

I checked'em and I still don't. Maybe we will find the real ones one day... I doubt it though... Like God did with Moses tomb.

What makes you think it's fake? I can refute just about any claim you make about it. The dating was performed on a patch that was clearly sewn on during the middle ages for example.

Keep away from sand nigger religions

I suppose the truth is most incredulous thing for a sceptic to accept, even when it is the most-clear-cut answer.

its fake and gay just accept it

First : It doesn't correspond with the Biblical story. There is no such shroud in the Bible.

Jesus was no "son of God", nor did he perform any supernatural miracles. these superstitious stories in the Bible had been added by the church in order to keep ‘Christians’ hypnotised enough to ensure that they did not question the unjustifiable compromise that the church had reached with the state. Christianity in its true sense puts an end to the State that is, that all men are born of the Father, are equals, and should strive towards mutual love Jesus was proposing a new, radical and wiser method for human beings to respond to any form of ‘evil’. That is, when coerced or when treated unjustly, do not retaliate, but respond with love, forgiveness and generosity.

Jesus’ observed that mankind has always been caught in a vicious cycle of tit-for-tat evil and violence. Human beings constantly try to resist evil with evil, to deal violently with problems of violence, to wage war to preclude another war. But such responses succeed only in spreading bitterness, anger and resentment and all that this guarantees is further evil and suffering further down the line.

The only remedy to this vicious cycle of violence was to juxtapose to it the virtuous cycle of love. The destructive cycle of evil, anger and revenge can only be overpowered by a patient cycle of love, forgiveness and sacrifice. Turning the other cheek does mean more suffering in the short term, but the hope is that eventually, the evildoer will repent and change his ways. Just as violence is contagious so too is love. This means that one must forego the desire to force others to behave in a certain way. There cannot be any difference between means and ends: violence breeds further violence, and only love can eventually bring about a society bound by charity, peace and love. And love can only be taught by example. This requires courage, because even when persecuted unjustly,a christian must patiently love and forgive even, that is, when the ultimate price to pay is death (crucifiction)

Except everything else about the shroud, including the described wounds, the scientific testing on it and appearance are consistent with Evangelical records.

You have the freedom to choose and no one will force you to believe, all there is though is for you to weigh the evidence.

The Bible doesn't detail Jesus ever going to the toilet either but I'm pretty sure he took shits like every other person. The gospels aren't an exhaustive account of every detail of his life, the shroud he was buried in didn't warrant being mentioned.

Anyone can forge that.

There is a description of how Jesus was in his tomb, and it wasn't one shroud.

There's no magic bullet, just ignore science and common sense, and adopt a smug attitude that you're better than everyone else because you're saved.

youtu.be/EC1rPFE8K2o

Humans do not become ghost , there is no evidence for its nor in the bible anything spiritual is angels or demons

Yes. I think he understood that. See

Whoever created the pic did not read the bible.
Sin comes from that Eve disobeyed god, and then gave the fruit to Adam to eat of, thus him also disobeying god. With the fruit also came the knowledge of good and evil.

God did not create Adam and Eve with sin, they effed it up themselves. This is what one could say was the original sin. Not something God wanted to happen.

Beyond that the image is heretical, there's nothing in the bible that supports that Jesus had long hair. That's a catholic perversion.

>It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body. 44 Pilate was surprised to hear that he was already dead. Summoning the centurion, he asked him if Jesus had already died. 45 When he learned from the centurion that it was so, he gave the body to Joseph. 46 So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. 47 Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph saw where he was laid.

Mark 15:42-47
>LINEN CLOTH AND WRAPPED THE BODY IN THE LINEN

You don't even know the scripture, how the heck are you able to question it.

There was no original sin Adam and Eve were sentient and were tricked by the devil / coerced into eating the fruit.

>With the fruit also came the knowledge of good and evil.

No. That's an error too. There was already knowledge of good and evil : God told them what was right and wrong.

Eating the fruit was not about acquiring knowledge, it was about setting the standards of good and evil for themselves = becoming their own Gods

>Mark 15:42-47
>LINEN CLOTH AND WRAPPED THE BODY IN THE LINEN
>You don't even know the scripture, how the heck are you able to question it.

Cherrypicking ?
Read John 19:39-42 and 20:6,7
Really more precise.

Studying physics at uni as of rn... I've found that questioning my professors on why they're evolutionists get's me yelled at and ostracized where questioning my priests gives me rewards. Leads me to believe around 50% of the shit is fake af.

>scientific evidence

there is never enough scientific evidence, boy.
Just realise there is something like total/absolute karma/justice.

>I'm agnostic, but culturaly religious
Is this the new fedora?

>John 19:39-42

The strips of linen is not the burial cloth he already was covered in one cloth from joseph

>46 So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen,

>39 And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds. 40 Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury.

At least do the equation correctly ffs.

M=E/C^2

The scientific evidence points to sky daddy existing. Start evaluating these truths for yourself.

Yes. Rational objective skeptical empirical scientific atheistic (liberal) secular warriors of reason. Seriously if someone ever gave those boys a kaballah without the God they would be all over that shit.

the real secret is that no one actually believes their religion to be factually accurate they just pretend to to enjoy the coping mechanism effects and so kids grow up believing it and the culture survives to another generation

Don't believe in sky daddy, jeez.
Believe in your head daddy.

>The strips of linen is not the burial cloth he already was covered in one cloth from joseph

They are. There was no burial cloth. And there was a separated cloth only for the face.

God is supposedly omnipotent and omnipresent guy.

So I think he'd understand the logic of someone not believing in him if they weren't born into Christian culture/saw no evidence for it

If God is punishing kids too young to comprehend him, people not even exposed to Christianity, or people who don't believe it because the proof modern Christians have given is fake, then God is morally a piece of shit and Satan was probably right to rebel

If God is really good, I'm sure he won't reasonably expect anyone to be a Christcuck

So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen,

yeah then this is the shroud of turin the rest does not matter

it's absolutely and completely retarded to think there was not a single metaphysical influence involved in the creation of whatever universe came first. think about it. it's the stupidest shit ever to think that nothing was ever responsible for anything that exists. this is why atheist cucks are such retarded, worthless, idiotic and awful wankers. every pure materialist and hyperrationalist only cocksucker (pure materialism has been debunked by quantum physics and its associated research btw) needs to be slapped so long until he stops being so fucking autistic, I swear.

How does that disprove the shroud? It only confirms it. Every gospel confirms it, John is the only one that mentions the cloth, and the Sudarium of Oviedo is consistent with the Shourd as well as per testing of both.

But this makes an individual weak, forgiving and careless - basically a leftist (just like Jesus)!
A religion would endorse believing in yourself, your opinion and values to fight for it 'til the last blood.
What makes muslims seem so powerful - radical action. That is what christianity needs - a radical action. We all know what's right and what's wrong!

isn't the original sin when Adam and Eve ate the apple of knowledge tempted by ((him))?

>There was no burial cloth

>wrapped it in the linen,

there was this is the cloth what comes after does not matter the strips of linen was after , and bound it in strips of linen with the spices

Meh, like the shroud, it's a late tradition.

The strips would have to touch the body... that's the point.

>two relics that have been created in two separate historical eras have the same kinds of stains and the same type of cloth and micro-chemical composition

You seem to know of the cloth, but not a lot about it.
shroud.com/heraseng.pdf

I don't care about relics in general... and especially when they are dubious at best.

but it was the cloth of josep what touched the body not the strips they did after , even it was the other way around we are talking about a supernatural inprint , you are thinking they removed the cloth of joseph ? and only used strips of linen?

Not an argument. You either stand your ground with counter-facts or admit that you simply don't want to believe regardless of evidence.

If that is so, I don't think you have any further excuse to reply to anyone in this thread.

The only thing of importance is the cloth that was wrapped around the body. Strips wouldn't show, especially when the body wasn't wrapped for that long, and the face cloth was used prior to the main burial to cover the face of the dead, as per Jewish custom at the time.

Ha, I can get you on a single image. (Can't post the original pic here's a synopsis)The father of modern physics said that at the first gulp of physics is math but at the bottom of the glass is God (meaning you find God because he created everything it's proven by how it exists)

Can't answer properly, Sup Forums is blocking my message.

test

John 11,44.

Imagine there's a guy who never hurts your feelings and knows your evil past and you feel like you've known him since childhood. There's only one Jesus.

Maybe it pisses them off that US education is so shit there's uni students that don't believe in evolution.

I'm a democrat. Btw Sup Forums gets are probably rigged I saw it live I've been here for a while

If it's only at this one house you might want to check for a carbon monoxide leak

>The only thing of importance is the cloth that was wrapped around the body. Strips wouldn't show,

Then it is not the shroud of turin scripture only talks about the stripes used with jewish burial custom after washing and oiling the body , it never talks about josephs burial cloth because they discarded it , there was no reason to use the dirty bloody cloth after washing the body

>6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

>7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

Since matter cannot he created or destroyed, but thr universe has a beginning, then we can infer that that which is responsible for the universe transcends physical law. See the definition of supernatural.

>Btw Sup Forums gets are probably rigged I saw it live I've been here for a while

Of course they are. Ha !

>put too much weight on scientific evidence

No you don't.

Jewish Atheists teach us about Christianity: the Meme

Learn the difference between scientific truth and religious truth. Look what Jordan Peterson says about it on JRE

I’d rather become the overman myself
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DapNJOXBx2M

Kek at that pic. Really goes to show how conspicuously disgusting these faglords are regardless of time in which they would live. Social outcasts were never meant to show their face.

If you look closely, it is shopped. That dude's power level is higher than you think.

Christianity < reason and philosophy. If you are christian you don’t get to pick and choose the parts that you like.