Manga with shitty endings

I just finished reading Billy Bat the other day and I gotta say, that ending was pretty damn anti-climatic. Not only that, I finished I Am a Hero only a month before and that ending blue-balled me even worse. So I gotta ask, are there any other seemingly "good" manga with really sub-par endings? I'm just tired of getting invested in a story only to have my enthusiasm ripped from me with the finale. Particularly, anything that ends on an incredibly vague note and leaves a huge amount of unfinished plot-threads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VIepK6bpKuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Koe no Katachi

most manga have shitty endings

Kilico.

I seriously considered killing myself after finishing it, *just because* of how fucking bad it was. The first third of the manga seems like it's leading somewhere, the second third makes you begin to strongly question that implication, and the final third makes you want to put a gun in your mouth for believing that you could have been so easily tricked into reading something so poorly written and constructed.

Do not ever read this manga, no matter who recommends it to you or what they tell you about it, or even if a gun is being held to your head against the condition of you reading it.

An ending is what the author writes after he learns he is fired as of next week.

yeah years later and man, this ending was pretty bad and so outa left field

wouldn't you normally ask about manga with good endings after this? why do you want to find even more manga with subpar endings?

I want to know what to avoid mostly. I was genuinely enjoying Billy Bat and I Am a Hero before their endings cheapened the experience.

Uwakoi
Also instant Bullet but since the series was rushed, I can't really complain. Hopefully the remake will be in the near future

Every fucking thread

Koe no Katachi
21st century boys
Cromartie High
I am a hero
Gunsmith Cats Burst
Kamen Rider Black
Susanoo
Devilman Lady
Cutie honey
Getter Robo Arc
School Rumble (for harima, I thought it was a good end for tenma)

sidonia no kishi

With very few exceptions Urasawa is known for his disappointing endings. If you can't handle the huge letdown then I suggest you stay away from 21st Century Boys and Monster for instance.

I've never even read this manga, and I still always find that unbelievably hilarious whenever I see it. It just seems like something that cannot actually happen - yet, it did.

Mx0

That sucks, I guess Pluto was a fluke. I wouldn't consider Monster much of a disappointment though, I didn't find it amazing as Pluto but at the very least it was serviceable.

Someone care to explain?

I haven't read it, but from what I know of Sup Forums being mad is that the author wrote himself into a corner

he then was like lol YOU FIGURE IT OUT

many of these are still worth it for the ride. i don't regret reading them at all.

Kenichi: the Mightiest Disciple.

>Gunsmith Cats Burst

Fuck this.

Nisekoi

>Gunsmith Cats Burst
Fuck really? Great now I've got nothing to look forward to

Wasn't this one because the guy in charge decided to cut a lot of series to make room for 52 new ones because of the anniversary of the magazine?

author got buttmad that his manga was about to get canned , decided to just say fuck it and write the middle and ending in two chapters then in the final page of the volume you see which just made more people upset but I feel that no one was more mad than the author that day

Speaking of 21st century boys, it got a new ending in the special edition reprints a while back

>Koe no Katachi
oh look one of those "they didnt kiss its shit" people

Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Yeah I love half of these but that makes the ending that much more worse because I love it then it ended badly

It's true

Cage of Eden

I'm still angry

Beelzebub

the short afterstory series only made it worse

Yeah, they just were setting up a plotline with brainwashing then it ended

Billy Bat was so good until the black kid grew up and then it was just downhill from there

the manga was so fuckin spooky too

Yeah, I noticed a distinct drop in quality after the manga stopped following the first Kevin. Though it was kind of cool how he basically turned into Zofu.

Occult:9

Liar Game.
The most underwhelming explanation for the "bad" guys doing what they did I have ever seen.

Alive: The Final Evolution.

Garbage ending. Still mad.

How was that anyway? Is it better than Chaos;Head?

Isn't that most manga? It'd be easier to list the number of series' that manage to stick the landing than the number that don't. Still, didn't know Billy Bat and I Am A Hero had ended, so thanks for the update.

Pluto was also based on an original story, so the end was basically set in stone to begin with.

you can't blame dead people for endings they didn't write.

To be honest, Bakuman already went to shit once they ran off of explanations about the manga industry, but the ending was like the final insult.

Same with Getter Arc but I'm still mad

Sexless friends. Fuck that.

Every manga ever

Sidonia. What the fuck even happened.

It was really rushed. It's pretty obvious that the anime was just a commercial for the upcoming VN

What exactly is the problem with Koe no Katachi's ending? They didn't end up a couple officially but it's highly implied they will in the future.

They set up a romance that they never follow up on

An Icy Heat enema would've been better than Chaos Head. Jesus, if ever there was an anime that did an about-face into a totally different genre...

Hikaru no Go. The series just abruptly stops. The protagonist doesn't achieve shit nor is it a milestone in his life. He loses his final match and that's how the series ends.

>Koe no Katachi
>bad

kek. the ending went over your heads

this

thankfully I knew the ending was bad before reading it. Nothing with top the musical chairs arc

Usagi drop is a pretty infamous example, it ruined the whole theme of the series.

It was perfect.

>Ishida bullies Nishamiya
>she leaves school
>he grows up regretting it and suicidal
>learns sign language to tell her he wants to be her friend
>as they get close he's still thinks bad thoughts and refuses to touch her throughout the entire manga
>Even after he wakes up from a coma he hesitates to touch her to console her
>it isn't until the end that they hold hands and walk into the door
>them holding hands was more powerful than a kiss

Fuck you, i dont regret nothing!

basically any canned manga

mx0 annoyed me pretty badly with it
there are countless others but I try to keep them erased from memory

Mysterious Girlfriend X
O/A

Didn't that end with them basically going 'hey, let's not kiss' and being a huge cocktease?

Evangelion

Manga you baka user

The ending of the Evangelion manga is different from the anime's ending

How so

Cage of Eden
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Jiraishin
Q&A
He did finish it, with only weeks left, he just had to rush.

First off, the setup of a failed confession and then the lack of follow-up is stupid. Second off, it literally timeskipped years just when everyone was breaking down, basically avoiding having to actually show the characters getting over their issues (which, you know, is supposed to be the central focus of the manga).

My problem with Urasawa is that his endings aren't bad per say just anticlimactic, there is no real pay off at the end of most his series. I still enjoy most of his series though and will read his new work later this year ( though still haven't finished billy bat yet since I realized the group scanning it fucked up the chapter order)

The world resets after the Third Impact. It ends with Shinji going to school in Tokyo and meeting Asuka on the train

If you know why are you asking

I like Billy Bat ending

Because I stopped reading it halfway through and had only heard about the ending on Sup Forums

Uwakoi was literal trash the whole time, though.

Signs point to Fairy Tail end being a whole tornado of shit

Fairy Tail was literal trash the whole time, though.

I only read it for the ecchi, the retarded non-sensical plot is just there for me to laugh at it

sun-ken rock shoots for godtier but falls so far down on its back in the final arc. I still recommend it in rec threads but always give the final arc disclaimer because the ending is just that bad.

kinda wouldn't put cromartie on the list, but I can see why it would bother some people

also, dunno if anybody else peeked at this while it was occuring, but Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra was blueballed as hell. Axed and rushed, but still such a terrible non-ending

>I still recommend it in rec threads
I hope you mean on /wsr/, otherwise fuck off.

That fucking doctor arc was a mistake

I mean the last chapter of cro high was funny but I felt very bad that there wasn't some cromartie graduation

He may mean like one page threads, same thing

>People still not understanding Billy Bat's ending.

Wow.

Urasawa is probably the worst endings' writer of all times.
Considering how his works are really good 'til the end, it's really weird

do explain then user

Onihime VS. Don't think there is much disagreement there with it's rushed ending leaving a lot of it's plot elements left hanging not to mention a major one that wasn't really resolved in the end. If this series ever gets an anime I hope that the anime expands upon it like the Dragonaut anime.

>like the Dragonaut anime
First off, Dragonaut was an anime original. Second off, it was absolutely fuckterrible and I never dreamed I'd ever hear someone say "I hope this thing is like Dragonaut" in my life.

Probably my personal choice for hardest fall. It was damn good, loved the characters, great MC, Hilda best girl, interesting setting, but then it just got rushed to shit and back. Really a shame, it would've been one of my favorites had it kept the quality that got me into it.

Is that by the guy who did Slut Girl? Pink chick on the right reminds me of his work.

It's all about the journey.

>tfw Marie will most likely suffer the same fate when it gets axed

I just hated how they never explained shit outside of the vaguest of terms and the fuckload of timeskips didn't really help the flow of the story.

I present to you this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=VIepK6bpKuI

I just remembered about some chick who hated Naruto and has stoped watching Naruto because Narusaku never happened and the worst couples for her (Naruhina and Sasusaku) happened.
This counts?

Urasawa's main problem is that the first parts of his works are usually so stupidly good that he never manages to pay off with the ending. I thought Monster's was fine though.

Worst offender is by far 20th Century Boys. Seriously, I challenge you to read the first volumes without thinking that you're reading something amazing and then to read the last part without being devastated by its shitty ending.

Devil and Devil had a real shitty ending by having the annoying romantic lead ruin the fight the whole manga had been foreshadowing since the beginning at the end.

>IM Dal-Young
People should have learned by now not to read any of his shit, they are all either bad or left hanging for years because he decided to start on something else without finishing up his previous works.

I still need to read the ending of Billy Bat, but it's actually either my favorite of his work's or very close to it so I might be better off just reading it all again. Maybe after Until Death Do Us Part which FINALLY had the last chapters translated.

Of course a good ending is a plus to any work, but I don't believe it makes or breaks something. I will however say that it depends on the quality of the work - mist posts here mention Urasawa who is a good example, as the quality of his work is high and then it is let down by the quality of the ending.

Endings matter, but they do not *make* a product, in my opinion.

Sidonia would've had a really good ending if Nihei had just slapped a "The End" one or two chapters prior. Why he had to keep going is beyond me.

I think this is a bit simplistic. A bad ending can fuck up a work depending on circumstances, because many works are crafted in structures where separate parts rely on each other. A mystery is generally shit if the solution doesn't justify the buildup, for example - good suspense means nothing if it never comes together well. And any non-episodic story cut off in the middle by cancellation or whatever is basically fucked, even if it was good up to then.

Ciguatera
>hurrdurr my girlfriend randomly gets drugged and raped and it never becomes a plot point
>ending chapter had mc already broken up with said gf in background without any explanation
>life goes on exposition chapter
Seriously what the FUCK

I just hate it when I invest a lot of time consuming a piece of media with a lot of content behind it and its central premise just sort of fizzles out at the end. It makes me feel like I've wasted my time if it's bad enough. I get that endings can be difficult to pull off, especially for long-running works, but at the very least an ending should try to tie up any major loose ends. At the very least, it should at least provide some sort of definite answer to the central mystery if it has one. I still enjoyed Billy Bat, but the ending needlessly cheapened the story.

That manga was good up until the end though where it was just rushed and remaining plot elements were left unanswered.

But a good ending isn't everything. For example School Days had a good ending but everything else in the series was shit.