How edgy is too edgy for you Sup Forums?

How edgy is too edgy for you Sup Forums?

Murder for the lulz.

Trash.

How much attempted rape is too much attempted rape?

Pretty much anytime there's a death of a named character within 5-10 chapters, and usually the female deaths are more gruesome. Or Constant rape.
I don't mind death or hell even rape if handled with some degree of tact, but I LOATHE constantly throwing it in the audience's faces for shock value or because you have no other way to show the villain is evil

Mods don't ban again it's actually from a manga

Oh boy do I have the series for you

Rape in a non-hentai. Not because rape is too edgy per se, but that it is so overused.

Let me tell you about a certain story called Wolf Guy

What a coincidence

world destruction done very slowly, just cutting one after another while the others must watch

What happened to this manga? Was funny.

Nothing
Any level of edge can still be good if played right. However the edgier you go, the more the story needs to lean in to justify it in a way that's natural and organic.

A bad author will write bad shit, regardless of the application of edge or not

This. Excess of anything is always bad

Unapologetically edgy trash can be really entertaining though, in a so-bad-it's good kind of way.

New chapter when?

there's no too edgy
I love edgy it's comedic

I like edge. Even if it's moronic and overdone I still like it. Most stories could be improved with edge.

Only too much when it becomes clear it is a subpar artist/writer trying to make up for their deficiencies.

That one Little Red Riding Hood manga is probably a good indicator of "too edgy." But maybe that was just because it was actually shit and there was nothing but edge.

Murcielago is a good example of edgy but entertaining.

The moment it makes you stop caring about the characters. For example, Tokyo Ghoul is too edgy because everyone's a flesh-eating monster that deserves to be fucking exterminated.

I'd say the edgiest thing would be a series where everyone is so detached and alien that they kill each other because someone was there and a blade was nearby, not for something even as petty as "they annoyed me" or "it's fun".

Remember when the word "edgy" meant something? Me neither.

Thats pretty edgy man.

Nothin personnel, kid.

Are these triage too?

Yeah no, I'd rather be bored than pissed off, because being pissed off is bad for your health.

Yup

I don't like revenge fantasies

Not as edgy as this:
>Male character: And that's why I think that despite the risks I shoudl accept her offer
>Edgy female character: Sure, meet up with her. Maybe you will finally lose your virginity
>*blows cigarette smoke in his face*
>Your first time, wouldn't that be great?
>I remember my first time
>In the basement, I was only twelve
>with my step dad
>Best sex I ever had
>I miss that old bastard
>Sometimes I visit him in the nursing home and stub out cigs on his arm
>*hard techno beat gets louder in the distance to build up for the scene change*

is this hotd?

edgy doesnt exist

its only a buzzword

If I can tell that the author has a Guro/GoR fetish just from reading the manga, it's definitely too edgy.

Is that the one where the female vampire orders her subordinate to kidnap, rape, and mindbreak the MC's childhood friend, and then after about three chapters it's completely glossed over and the vampire is treated as a perfect waifu who can't do any wrong?

Drawn by the same guy

It's the one where the female protagonist gets gangbanged for like over 20 chapters. When it was running, people called it "Rape Namek"

When it takes itself seriously.

BE GONE THOT

One word Champ

>perfect eternal vampire waifu
>doomed to fail childhood friend who is now hyper used goods

Nothing wrong here other than not remembering what it's called.

please god sauce me

read berserk and watch trolls and demons gang rape women

This sounds super interesting

Pretty much. Manga like Murcielago, AgK and trash. are edgy, but the edge woks because it fits in with the tone of the story. Both of them are basically battleshonen but the quirks aren't verbal tics and food preferences but what bodyparts of women they keep in their basement freezer. They kill, they die, it's gruesome the entire time.

Edge that's out of place in impact is the worst kind. The sort that throws you off, but not in the "oh no, how tragic" way. Either making it too quick with no foreplay of emotional connection or setting up emotional connection but then just having edge everywhere for no reason are the two main failure points.

It's only crap if it's painfully obvious the author is channeling his anger issues into the manga rather than trying to make a good or at least entertaining story.

Hellsing Ultimate is the perfect example of edge done right.

Agreed.

>AgK
>the edge works

Hah

Edgy fun horror is the best, the serious drama kind.

Edgy is fucking hilarious. Elfen lied was the greatest comedy of the 00's.

I pity the people who take it seriously.

God that part was gross.
fuck insects

A children's book in the style of the Anpanman books titled "Eating Anpanman", where some human shows up in the world and starts eating through it in the most gruesome way possible. Followed up by an anthology book by the same author titled "Corocoro Carnage", featuring a cover with the logo dragon skewered over a campfire.

Both are sold as regular books.

There isn't enough edge on earth for me. Maybe when I'm being tortured by demons in hell I'll find the depths of my edgyness.