Why aren't you moving into a mud hut?

>Requires simple construction that anyone can do such as cutting, turning, and adjusting.
>Costs less than $10,000.
>High sound resistance - inside and outside.
>Earth has the great ability to absorb and release moisture from the indoor air thus stabilizing humidity inside rooms and providing a healthy living environment (prevents mould).
>Lowers cost of heating and cooling.
>Resistant to earthquakes, hurricanes, floods and fire.
>Shields from harmful electromagnetic fields and radiation.
>Excellent thermal qualities. It heats up slowly during the day and releases heat during the evening.
>Allows more air exchange than concrete structures, as the materials allow the building to breath.
>Resistant to termites and other pests.
>Saves trees.
>Bio-degradable, non-toxic.
>Have the ability to absorb toxins and smells from the indoor air.
>Low Maintenance.
>Recyclable.
>Offers a huge potential for personal creativity.
>Sustainable for 1000+ years.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1V5uq0Fwk
youtu.be/WAUj-xObLoI
youtube.com/user/mylittlehomestead
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Living in a hobbit hole doesn't sound too bad or living like a Teletubby.

But then when it rains my house will melt lol xD

Because i'm not a nigger

Well this sure is interesting. Care to provide any further instructional information?

I would like to hand build my home out of stone/clay/mud or whatever once i buy land.

Isn't it illegal due to not being up to code?

Maybe not in some states, where is it they build all those earth-ship houses, New Mexico ?

This

earth-ships are built from tires which tend to gas-off toxins into the air

That's what clay and oven-firing is for silly.

>truth'd

They also have the Taos Pueblo which the technique was learned from the Spanish and they stand up high with log beam construction. Earthships are small and built into the earth.

earthship homes

>Shields from harmful electromagnetic fields and radiation
Care let to elaborate?

>Costs less than $10,000
I'm gonna need proof that the home in the pic, festooned with wood floors and beams, cost less than $10,000.

This, that floor in the room pic alone is gonna be 7 bucks a square foot installed just for materials. Maybe 8-10 after labor if you live in a low C.O.L. state. Avg for hardwood is anywhere from 9-fuck all depending on type of wood.

>Vikings

I wasn't comparing this to an earthship, I was saying wherever they can build earthships they probably don't have as stringent codes in those states.

Illegal to build this here, at least in this shape.

looks comfy so I'm sure the jews made it illegal here.

xD rawr *nuzzles*

OwO what's this

One might consider baked clay in small, regularly-sized, modular units for faster and easier construction.

How do you install plumbing and electric in something like that?

It's called a brick.

Like anywhere else what do you think...

The design channels the positive chi energy from the chakras of the inhabitants so there's no need for an external electricity source, as for plumbing, no need, you just incorporate the waste into the walls to increase their thermal mass.

Find me one design that doesn't look like dude weed lmao central and I'll live in it.

Put more info and not just a tease

>Not living in an AESTHETIC as fuck Hobbit hole

Then it's no longer a mud hut, it's a clay brick house

Just imagine the hobbit-holes and mud-huts you could build with modular baked-earth construction units.

because my fucking government wont let me build one on my own property

Please don't.

I do want to.

>people call me a hobbit because I'm stocky, walk barefoot, and my hair is frizzy
>if they mean it as an insult then jokes on them

1. Land isn't cheap unless it's in the middle of nowhere
2. We can't all be freelance bloggers, I've got to be able to go to work
3. Government regulations

It means you don't need to wear your tinfoil hat indoors.

Dying from laughter

>Why aren't you moving into a mud hut?
Yeah, it's worked so well in other places.

>We can't all be freelance bloggers, I've got to be able to go to work

Freelancing isn't the only alternative to rat racing. Why do the work to gain energy when something else can do the work for you? Automize your income by growing plants/fruits and selling them at farmers market or to restaurants.

There are usually ways to go around the code. In my country that would be building with wooden or armed concrete beams for structure and using rammed earth or straw bale as infill. Outside of built up areas using materials like this is even encouraged and in many areas not using them is forbidden.

All in all, the biggest obstacle for using "natural" materials is prejudice, performance-wise they can be right next to modern ones. Price-wise they are incomparable, even more if you are willing to do some things yourself.

wtf mang

Woah...truly an advanced people

Foam Concrete , also looks to have potential .

Round edges are ideal for energy flow. Living in a boxy room sways energy at random directions thus destabilizing the comfy feel.

Created a rammed earth hut on my piece of land while I was building my house. during the sweltering summer I often sleep in the hut...it does have amazing properties when it comes to insulation.

Story behind gore?

It's a prop in a haunted house you retarded amerilard

trips of truth

The tires aren't usually exposed to the air.

Also, that's not even true. They're usually built from sandbags.

how would it not liquify in an earthquake? Literally, the shaking would atomize the damn thing, no? I'm open to the suggestion, but please, someone with a brain, explain to me how this kind of house is earthquake resistant?

>>Resistant to earthquakes, hurricanes, floods and fire.

Are you nuts?
An earthquake would turn that fancy mud hut into rubble.

I imagine it's all pre-planned user.

lmao why is her eye in such good condition. CONFIRMED FAKE LOL.

Ahem, why arent you moving into a castle right now!??

>Why into mudding aren't you move hut?

Cause it so cold!

I-I don't have a castle

This, gimme some instructions, cause that looks neat as fuck.

I figuree the biggest problem would be the giverment going "NOT BY STANDARDS REEEE"

A hearty Kek, Ivan.

Underrated.

>Nigger architecture
?

Saw a few in Colorado, looked like retarded hippie shit. What OP posted is beautiful in comparison

Google: Rammed earth, straw bale construction, earthship (these are almost always overpriced BS but make concepts easy to understand), passive house standard... You'll find your way after that.

Because it would literally melt during the first rainstorm here.

top kek

Sam how those chinese placathings from wood turned out to be earthquakeresistant I would imagine, shit is slightly bendable, but you need a good carpenter who knows his shit.

looks like recycled floor boards to me...

which are not really available to everyone at cheapo prices.

Awesome, thanks.

Would love to live in the countryside again, but fucking houseprices man.

>The tires aren't usually exposed to the air.
Unless you cover them with a really impermeable barrier the gasses still leak through.

Because the Poles destroyed my family castle

Damn, that sucks, my mom's friend is married with a danish nobleman, she stems from an old east german noblefamily herself, that was chased out of germany after ww2

The smallest crack is enough, best to avoid them

There's a guy on youtube that films and restores 17th century buildings. He shows the materials and designs and sometimes finds hidden rooms. Anyone remember the username?

I've lived in handbuilt homes on super hippy homesteads before. Not cob per say, but I have seen cob homes before.

Its nice, but people don't know what they're getting into. Wiring electric, plumbing, HOT water... its an undertaking, I'm not sure if people realize what they're signing up for. Its best to take an internship somewhere to see it firsthand before diving in. This is especially true if you don't have a lot of blue collar skills.

That being said, if you have the disposition for it, its great. You can build your house in a year for 10,000 if you're an expert, but most likely 20,000 when its all said and done. I'll take that over a half a million dollar 30 year mortgage.

And as for communities, communities usually don't work. Think of the types of people that want to be in a community. They're not usually the stable type. You need stable people around you. An ideal set up is to find 3 friends of yours that you're close with, buy 40 acres together, and all help each other with your homes as you guys slowly one by one move onto and work the land. Any community with more than say 4 families on it is most likely going to fail spectacularly.

If your goal is how to build the cheapest house possible, the way to go is log cabin + rocket mass heater.

Rocket mass heaters are essentially wood stoves that traps the heat in your home through conduction. You wrap the chimney in cob, that cob heats up from the fire from the stove, and will slowly re radiate that heat back into your home for days. Think of going to the beach on a hot day, how much the sand absorbs heat.

I've used RMH's in montana in the dead of winter. They 100% work. You can cut your heating costs by 80% easy.

Cob is great, but its a labor of love, not a house you build because of ROI. Making the walls of your home by hand is.... time consuming.

>Any community with more than say 4 families on it is most likely going to fail spectacularly.
Tell that to the Amish

>Why aren't you moving into a mud hut?
Because I'm not a nigger...

What if there's a tornado or something like that?

Yeah, seriously, OP caugh up where we can find the designer mud huts, even two-story ones like in OP's pic related.

You've given all the pros. There have to be some cons too.

>caugh
My English degree is trash.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1V5uq0Fwk
>b-b-but they are not niggers

i unironically ask myself this every day

why are the Nordics the master race again?

ya good point. I was specifically talking about the non amish tho

But if it absorbs toxins how is it still non-toxic?

cobville. its a little hippy community in rural oregon.

there's plenty of natural builders. montana, northern idaho, the southwest. Its around if you look for it.

im so ridiculously attracted to these women. True english girls, not ugly - not beautiful
just...Right.

less than 10 grand my ass. Architect, builders, wood, doors, lighting, plumbing etc

because the finns and koreans obliterated themselves during the hyper war.

Foamcrete/aircrete with steel skeleton is probably a better idea

>he needs to pay people to do all the carpentry, electrical and plumbing
sad

This, there's no way in hell you can get something this big for $10,000

AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE

Yes, because bricks - also made from earth (clay) - melt when it rains

That look comfy user.

You could if the 3d printer pulled mud/clay directly from the build site. We could build entire suburbs in a week.

youtu.be/WAUj-xObLoI

The shills are paid and the slides are sliding!!!

Centipede nest

youtube.com/user/mylittlehomestead

Check out this channel if you are interested in this sort of thing. A family runs it and they have done multiple builds using soil mixtures and woven plastic bags as forms.

mi negro
but i'd settle with a woven nest in the trees