I want to be able to explain to someone why shows like Naruto are awful despite being "popular...

I want to be able to explain to someone why shows like Naruto are awful despite being "popular," but I don't want to have to actually watch more Naruto to be able to do so (beyond the few episodes I've already had to suffer through over the years).

Can Sup Forums explain to me some of the main sticking points as to why Naruto is, on a whole, awful?

>I think naruto is afwul, so it is, hehe, yeah
t. shitty harem lover

How do you know it's awful if you've never seen it? Maybe you'd actually end up liking it.

we're not your hivemind, faggot.

>I want to import my opinions I got from someone else onto someone else that I can't explain because I just want to fit in to drag someone else to my level
Naruto has a ton of flaws and a some really good things about it, but if you're too dumb to even just find and focus on a few of these glaring flaws and explain them, you need to off yourself

The biggest problem that Naruto had was its filler. Just nothing fucking happened in the middle.

Other than that, it was either average or above average. I don't understand why people shit on it. Well... That's a lie, I do, but it doesn't deserve to be shit on.

>How do you know it's awful if you've never seen it?

Because the episodes of it that I have had to watch in the past were all pretty much a steaming hot mess, but the issues that I saw in those episodes don't speak to anything that might be longer-running issues with the show, like whether or not it paces itself well or if characters develop in a reasonable and engaging way.

>Can Sup Forums explain to me some of the main sticking points as to why Naruto is, on a whole, awful?

Edgy teen Neji was 100% right. In Naruto, destiny is decided at birth.

>Naruto's dad was Hokage
>Naruto's chakra would dwarf anyone else's without the Kyubei because of the Uzumaki blood in his veins
>Naruto is the reincarnation of Asura, one of the first three people to ever have Chakra
>Sasuke's sharingan is one of the most overpowered bloodline traits in the manga and it continually got more powers.
>Sasuke is the reincarnation of Indra, brother of Asura
>The feud between Hashirama and Madara as well as the coldness between Naruto and Sasuke is their fate because they are all reincarnations of Indra and Asura

It was interesting at first.
I mean, ninjas! Jutsus! Drama! Lore! Worldbuilding!
But as time went on, it all started to look samey.
And boy, it went on and on and on.
By the end I was thinking 'just fucking get over it already!'. It was a chore to finish it.

Naruto had a great idea but overstayed its welcome. Shippuden should be half as long as it was.

ok here, I'll just feed you some:
-tonal shifts: most shounen manga tend to start with some balance of drama/charcter development+action+comedy, if you start to change this balance it's going to alienate some people, especially since the first 4 volumes of naruto on their own are incredibly good and the series drops some of the drama and comedy to keep up with shuseia editors thirst for unreasonable amounts of action
-general edginess: the uchihas and pain are fucking edgelords and none of their motivations (other than madara's feel remotely relatable or reasonable) and sasuke drags around an aura of plot and character development stagnation
-side-characters: this comes with the territory of battle-shounen, but you tend to get a lot of very interesting side-characters that only get half as much development as they need and are often more interesting than the main characters, especially since they got over their head with the amount of bad guys that need introduction and backstory
-pacing: naruto is just incredibly slow throughout, but it's really noticeable when it's being bad as the manga is great when it's good, but really awful when it's being dumb
-the fans: not so much of a problem anymore, but in its heyday, naruto was obnoxiously popular, honestly though at this point it inspires more autism and ire from people that pop up to call it retarded than it does from its fanbase
there's way more to pick at too in ways of issues with just naruto and battle-shounen

>I have unfounded opinions I want to express
>However, I will not take any time to do research on what I'm actually blathering about

It's almost worst than the atheists that get all of their information about Christianity from other atheists.

narutohaters confirmed for fedoras

ive never watched naruto specifically because it was so popular, and then later because it had so fucking many episodes it was daunting

i tried watching one piece though which i'd avoided for similar reasons and it was actually pretty fun, only issues were maybe average/below average animation and not much depth to the writing/characters

not like that matters though its a fucking battle shounen what else would you expect

i'd avoided bleach too but i'll probably get around to seeing what the fuss was about soon, the premise seems not bad at all and actually pretty cool

tl;dr get off your high horse OP

This, faggot.

>ESL shounentards appear to defend their show
like clockwork

It basically threw away everything that made the series good at the end. Naruto, supposedly being a 'dumb but hard worker' protagonist, gets a million short cuts and free power ups and literally turns out to be the reincarnation of ninja Jesus near the end. Also in the final arc it was basically an archwizard war with landscape changing powerlevel magic instead of anything ninja related at all. There's a bunch of other retarded shit that went on but those are the main things.

On a separate note I can't believe we have so many unironic narutards here on Sup Forums these days, moot was a mistake.

Play the Ultimate Ninja Storm games, they abridge the story and have nice CC2 semi-brainless fightan gameplay and far nicer visuals than the show. Good for appreciating the fun schlockiness and fights without committing to hundreds of volumes/episodes.

This thread is so dead nobody will know I cried a few times while rereading the manga this past month

Nice damage control moefag

Fuck off back to . Narutard

I'm feeling generous, so here's your (you). We all know what you're trying to do, but try to pick a better bait topic from now on, ok?

>make a high-power super heroes fightan magic anime
>call it a ninja-anime

It somehow just broke its initial premise. I mean, yeah, jutsus as gimmick powers are fine and all but it became dragonball-tier with time.