Was it great?

Was it great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was the definition of mediocre, and didn't explore the romance dynamic between the two nearly enough as it did in the manga.

It was decent but nothing special

>anime secondary

To anime onlies perhaps. People are actually crying to this in the cinema. Those who read before probably just frown most of the time. Especially when everyone laughed at the earlier bullying scenes. Or at Shoya telling her mom he was trying to kill himself.

Not really, a movie was really too short for this.

I cried like a little girl and loved the whole thing.

It was great. It improved upon source material.

(didn't read it though)

It was alright

Loved it

manga is 10/10, movie has too much shit cut, changes to events that did make it in also made them worse

For me it's the other way around. I think the manga focuses too much on side characters/events. I'm glad they removed the movie and the part with the teacher.

I dunno why all the haters care about that movie making McGuffin part.

It fixed up all the issues I had with the manga and improved it. 9/10, maybe 10/10.

It just feels like a poor man's Onani Master Kurosawa.

i felt the same way while it was being serialized but i have read it again in one go and changed my opinion on it.
the worst the movie cut desu is nishimom development, her interactions with ishida

It wasn't great but I enjoyed it. Things I liked:
>no movie arc
>Kyoani really worked their magic on Ueno's design
>Shouko's voice was pretty realistic

You haven't read it recently and you forgot the bad parts.

Fuck off, manga was excellent and all parts worked together well unlike the anime.

I love how people are suddenly starting to say that the manga was great.

Newfag

It has too many coincidences and exagerrated reactions. Also movie subplot

Yeah, no. The general consensus was that the manga turned to shit and now it's suddenly changed now that the movie is out.

It's only Kyoani problem that's they wanted to shoehorn all story in 1,5 hours instead of TV anime. Sasuga.

Who /signing up for sign language classes/ here?

It wouldn't fix bad parts though. Good they removed most of that.

I don't think you're fooling anybody my man

Asa a fan of the manga I liked it a lot. It was missing stuff sure, but it isn't easy to adapt a series of that length into a 2 hour movie and KyoAni did a great job with it. I just hope the people who like it end up reading the manga.

The story wouldn't work as a TV anime because the manga was a muddled melodramatic mess. It's coherent in the movie.

t. Kyoanifag

no mashiba and turning him into an ikemen is bad.
floor shots are nice though

desu me, doens't seem that hard from what I've been learning on my own.
i do realize how sad it is though that I watch an anime with a deaf chick, immediately get a crush on an imaginary character and modify my life to be able to understand her as if she were real.

Not an argument.

I did and it was good for slightly different reasons.

I already learned it as a kid because I had selective mutism desu

I don't know, Lets ask Gordon Ramsay!

Me: Gordon? Thoughts on the film?

Gordon Ramsay: You want thoughts love? Give me a second.

*clears throat

Gordon Ramsay: HEY! KYOANI! C'MERE YOU!

KyoAni: Y-yes chef?

GR: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!

KA: I-it's our adaptation of Koe no Katachi chef...

GR: Koe no Katachi... A seven volume manga. Did you remember to cook it to 2 cours?

KA: W-we thought it'd be better if we shortened it down to a movie chef.

youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds

GR: A movie?! A FUCKING 2 HOUR MOVIE FOR A 7 VOLUME MANGA?!

KA: W-we thought it'd be better to trim the fat off the story chef.

GR: Oh bloody fucking hell! It needed less fat trimmed off than Lindsay fucking Lohan! WHAT ABOUT SHOYA AND SHOKO'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! HOW ARE YOU GONNA PROPERLY ADAPT THAT IN A FUCKING MOVIE?!

KA: W-we decided to show more scenes of the other secondary characters to make fans happy chef.

GR: OH MY GOD! 86 THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! GET OUT!

It was good. Ueno was great.

It was 6/10
Second half was too rushed and the ending was meh

I really hate the MC. He is so fucking retarded. I guess he is at least OK in the manga.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was great.

better than the mango at least. Thank God Yamada excluded those cringy arcs/ scenes in the comic

I cried like a bitch because somehow it really got to me. The movie itself was about a 7/10, breddy gud.

Cringe is bad in an anime about socially awkward teenagers ?

he's an honest representation

Masterpiece, best Kyoani work yet.

He's very realistic, not so much in the manga though.

The fuck?

In the manga doormat wanted to tell she likes Shouya, but even mangaka realized it'd make her story too much of a fetish fuel for "bad boy gone good" fetish story and stopped there.

If it had romance, it would've been even more of a wreck.

It was shockingly forgettable. I expected it to stick with me more then it did

Pretty good, probably 7.5/10 if I had to rate it
The ending had me in tears every time thanks to that music and the surprisingly effective visual representation of blocking everyone out of your life.
Managed to make me sympathetic with a douchebag kid, at least.

Red-hair and blondie from having no meaningful impact on the story is a bit confusing, not having read the manga.
I imagine they just kept the characters in as a nod to the manga, but they should have probably kept them strictly as side characters.

Nishimiya's reasoning for trying to kill herself is pretty weak IMO. They build her up as being strong-willed and then she wants to die because a little bitch tells her she ruined her friendship or something.
From what I've read about the manga, it seems that she was strained by being a burden on her family, in which case it would make more sense for her to me distraught at ruining another person's relationship.

Better than Kimi no Na wa.

this movie made you cry and you rate it 7/10?
if anything makes me cry I have to rate it 10, otherwise i'm just some pussy that gets beaten by imperfect shit.

I loved it.

it was decent and somewhat special since they didin't go moeblob this time, it's been a while i guess