Is there any reason why SSRIs aren't banned basically other than judaism?

Is there any reason why SSRIs aren't banned basically other than judaism?

Every mass murderer/school shooter is on them, they don't improve depression because they don't remove the REASON you're feeling depressed, and they impair the brain enormously.

Basically a miniature lobotomy/miniature insanity inducement and nothing else.

Medicating your child to compensate for your bad parenting and unwillingness to improve yourself as a parent

What a surprise the child's life is ruined

Was on lexapro for 5 years and its was one of the more happier times in my life.

>in before schlomo remark

its true. It worked for me.

because for the vast majority of people on them it helps?

Was on various ones in the past, never shot anyone...

you know the link between school shooters? they are all american...

It doesn't, at most it lets them forget their problems, but the problems don't go away just because they stopped acknowledging them.

The reason that happens is when the kids are just given pills and not monitored or given therapy during the first months of their medication.
They're already fucked in the head by depression, but then the ssri makes shit happen again in their brain so they get motivated to do things. Sometimes instead of being motivated to work towards healing they put their newfound energy into offing themselves or doing a columbine. Don't blame the tool, blame the person using it.

>lets them forget their problems
confirmed for not having a fucking clue what he's talking about

yeah but some people are in such a depressive hole that they CANT get themselves out of it.

I dont take any of those but I get reoccurring depression. Why? Because the world is shit and I want every human to die. Cant fix that so I'll have to live with depression I guess.

Those drugs reduce the anxiety that comes with depression. So depressed people artificially feel better when taking them. But anxiety is also a good thing. If you think about killing a bunch of kids in a school or people in a movie theater, would that give you anxiety? It should. Now imagine removing that inhibition and there you go.

These drugs will never be banned. First, people like drugs that make them feel artificially good. Second, doctors get kickbacks from drug companies for prescribing that shit. Third, people in government get massive donations from drug companies to not look to hard at the evidence. Finally, parents would rather drug up little Johnny and sit him in front of a degenerate (((TV program))) so they can do what they want rather than sit down with little Johnny and be a parent.

It will never end. Society is too fucked.

SSRIs turned me into an actual psychopath for a few years. I understand they help some people, but in many cases like mine they are extraordinarily dangerous. I had to pick my life up that was left in shambles for being on those things for 3 years.

mg gf(male) takes them i wish she would stop.

You can't have problems so enormous, unsolvable, and unfixable that you would prefer to turn off your brain indefinitely than do anything. At that point, you might as well actually, legitimately consider suicide or something.

Has the shooter from yesterday been identified and did he take ssri?

It doesnt turn off your brain numb nuts..

people have been on them for 20 something years and are living a normal life BECAUSE of them

I switched from SSRIs to an opioid (tianeptine) an unironically feel much better.

> Way better at treating depression
> Don't make me feel like a passive retard
> Still have a sex drive
> Lost weight instead of gaining it
> Only real side effect has been crazy ass dreams

>opioid

good luck

>tianeptine

Isn’t that not available in the USA? Interesting med

Terrible
Tell a 6 year old "you have depression"
Scar their brain with SSRIs
>What does he mean when he says "Death to Jews?"

i dunno you guys i would SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND SSRIs for certain types of depression.

t. juden peterstein

Not an SSRI but bupropion/Wellbutrin might as well be a literal murder pill
Should probably give it to all your soldiers before sending them against the enemies of Israel

was on SSRI's for a few years, and while they really do just cover up the actual problem, they also made me stable enough to realize where my problems were coming from, and make the effort to improve my life.

pls elaborate because this cunt was on that exact substance for YEARS

It is, you need to buy it through a nootropic site though. They are often times unreliable and don't provide certificates of analysis.

>I don't understand medical science or chemistry, so therefore it must be wrong

SSRIs being taken during the 1st trimester pregnancy also has a strong link to the child being born with autism.

Holy shit the pharma shills swarmed this thread.

So this guy has been on meds for years..

and he still holds his intelligence and he is making bank with it.

My case it was a "booster" Prozac. In middle school. Made me suicidal. Of course as a drugged kid you have no context. Quit pills at 14. "You need them, it's like insulin." Tried once more at 22. Day 1 "OK LET'S GET READY TO DIE." That was the context I was looking for.
Bar manager who took it to quit smoking admitted to it making him a violent maniac.
State trooper who did the same, also had same result.
None of us will ever do any "antidepressants" ever again.
Neither should you.

yessir, the guy alleges that he's off them at this time but he sure as shit readily admitted to imbibing in the substances very eagerly for years and years on end. right on ontario public television, it's all easily searchable if one wants to watch the guy prattle about this manner of thing.

wew lad

It doesn't make you stupid
It makes you miserable and steals all your energy
Prozac is basically chemical castration but I wasn't sexually active yet when I was on it

Cui Bono?

I order Stablon brand online

The issue is people view these drugs as a solution when they should be viewed as a step in a process. I was on lexapro for several years and yes they do just dull the symptoms of depression without treating the underlying issues but it allowed me to get out of my own head enough to see what I needed to do to actually get better and execute on that and now years later I’m infinitely better for having done so.

I'm on them.

My dad was extremely emotionally abusive growing up and now I have extremely high anxiety with a little bit of depression to go along with it. I'm pretty successful externally, have a good job gf and friends but mentally I'm simply not well unless I take them. Every little mishap feels like a crushing blow because my dad basically forced a constant sense of guilt over anything and everything into me.

Im referring more to OP saying that these pills lobotomize you.

I mean, close enough, right?

>
M8 I know first hand that too much anxiety is just as bad. SSRI's let me actually function at work properly without sperging out

Lexapro makes kids kill themselves
See ya later, Shlomo

If you're seriously on them, get off.
It sucks for awhile, and it gets way better than you can imagine now.

I don't have that problem when on SSRI's. I emptied buckets into my GF last weekend.

You're objectively wrong. I tried to get off them and told myself I could do it for about two years but instead I just bottled it up until I finally exploded and had a month long nervous break down

I did get off them and I got worse.

Psyfag here. The BEST use of SSRIs is for short term stabilization of emotions so you can deal with your problems and fix them. It's serious shit. The biggest problem is that too many people, both paitents and doctors just use them as a long term way of not dealing with their problems.

You don't ban bulldozers just because some retards are using them as passenger cars.

I bet you gave it a real solid attempt,(((GlaxoSmithKline)))

You can do this with marijuana and a bunch of other substances that don't require parasitic (((insurance plans))) and (((psychiatrists/pill sales reps)))
SURPRISE NO WONDER IT'S ILLEGAL

Sure thing Pfizer.

Already knew this.

Been trying to tell pill heads this for awhile but the lobotomy, I guess, feels better.

SSRIs are fucking stupid if you know the actual history and science behind them.

It wasn't like:

> Scientist discovers depressed people have too little serotonin
> Drug company makes drug to increase serotonin, then tests it to see if it works
> Scientists replicate findings and then market SSRIs for depression

it was

> Drug company makes a drug in a shotgun approach, happens to work somewhat for depression
> Drug company scientists tasked with finding an explanation for why it works
> Other drug companies try to make similar drugs based on the explanation for why the first one worked
> FDA is useless shit, drug companies can perform drug trials as many times as they want and only submit the successful ones, and remove all the data about people who 'dropped out' by becoming suicidal or homicidal
> Recent meta-analyses show that SSRIs are no more effective than placebo for all but the most severe depression, and the effect continues to diminish as time goes on

What's exciting is that there are new classes of antidepressants that work - gasp - in ways *completely unrelated* to increasing serotonin.

For example, the ketamine class. Ketamine works great, but not at scale, so esketamine and other derivatives are being investigated. These are NMDA-antagonists (see: your friendly Dextromethorphan).

Also, the nootropic class. Particularly NSI-189 and similar drugs; the idea is that you use a drug to increase neural plasticity through upregulating BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor) and possibly modulating glutamate levels, leading to the growth of new neurons and the ability to more easily develop new neural pathways, reprogramming the brain around the patterns that cause depression. The renewed interest in psychedelics also fits in here, particularly psilocybin.

(((TAKE YOUR PILLS, GOY)))

You have had no meaningful exposure to depression/anxiety.

If only you knew, (((Forest Laboratories)))

>t.person who has never suffered from mental illness so has no idea what he's talking about.

This is 90% true.

In regard to the 10% that is not enclusive of truth does not mean this poster is wrong, it's that they failed to account for some diagnosis that actually demand long-term use.

One such diagnosis is OCD (not OCPD). That's really all I can think of, OCD and maybe other anxiety-obsessional state disorders that usually serve as a co-morbid example of more common OCD.

Why?

All people can use these psychotropic medications for therapeutic processes, but few brains are structurally like those suffering from a youth emergent OCD (those non-trauma based OCDers).

The reason is not because we are dealing with conceptual regulation, or emotional regulation, or the chicken and the egg of the clients condition, but the structure of a slightly different brain architecture (sometimes).

because SSRI kill who you are and they make you into a monster the shrooms told me

Except for being on SSRIs and substituting with MJ, I’m in the same boat. Should I ditch the THC for SSRIs? Asking cause of the “every little mishap feels like crushing blow b/c of sense of guilt” but. It’s fucking with my life.

Smear the mushrooms and make them illegal because anyone could potentially grow them, cutting out (((legions of middlemen)))
>Arrest people for midwifery

These drugs make it so you can get shit done but the problem is you will receive no joy from getting shit done. It is an awful catch 22 to have to choose between not being able to function or to function without satisfaction of functioning. In essence they turn you into a complacent automaton cog that is readjusted to fit nicely back into the machine. These drugs do nothing to fix the underlying problems which exist at a societal level which caused your problems to begin with. By prescribing these drugs in increasing levels we are unwittingly raising the baseline of bullshit that a human must be able to tolerate to function properly in modern society. A positive feedback loop has been created and more people will prescribed these drugs in order to compete with those who are already on them. Also they make your dick limp and the withdrawals are fucking crazy.

Yeah, all the morons talking nonsense haven't tried it. I took Prozac for 3 years, was the smoothest least melancholy time ever, unlike every other moment of my life.

Psycho's being on it is a correlation, not a causation.

ALL PEOPLE WITH DIABETES ARE ON INSULIN! INSULIN CAUSES DIABETES!

>the shrooms told me

Weird, the shrooms told me that I wasn't being considerate of my family by holding up in my apartment and doing drugs, and that I should visit my parents more often and try to be nicer to people and volunteer more. Also told me I don't need cigarettes. Haven't smoked since that day, cut my weed use from multiple times a day to a couple times a month, quit drinking, visit and talk to my mom and dad more often, and volunteer at two different high schools to mentor kids wanting to work in computer science. Also wasn't depressed at all for several months afterwards.

10/10 would try it once a year to reset my priorities

You should ditch the THC and replace with it nothing for awhile and see if it recenters yourself.
Figure out what you want to do with yourself and accept you can't do anything about the past

The problem with these drugs is that they work incredibly well for most people. But a minor percent become even more unstable after taking them. It is like the doctors who read the studies took a cost/benefit anaylsis of the drugs and saw that only a tiny bit of users become deranged and saw that a vast majority improved their lives.

Notice how something you almost never see is a discussion on exacty how to stop taking SSRIs without withdrawal or other side effects?

You have half a point. SSRI's are for serious shit only. Anything that you should be using SSRIs on, is not shit you should be using pot for.

One thing I expect to see in my lifetime is semi mainstream ketamine infusion therapy.

SSRI's are cheaper if you have insurance and less legal risk

>THE GOYIM ARE SMEARIN' OUR PILLS, IT'S ANNUDAH SHOAH

I was on Zoloft for 2 months for OCD and in that time I became suicidal when I never was before taking them and became a total sociopath/psychopath. I basically started fantasizing about murder and killing people. That shit is fuck awful. I cant believe they give it to children in the US.

same gent,

For some, medication will regulate brain processes that are structurally overwhelming compared to the other regualtory parts of the brain, that are all supposed to work in holism.

For those 10% I mentioned,

YOU HAVE TO TEACH THEM HOW TO THINK.

literally, structurally show them how thought works and how that process can be elicited and 'stopped'.

The reason these OCDers have higher g-factors then the average population is because they have different brains!

Likewise, intelligence is not a safe structure. It's hard to find the joy a dog feels for laying in the sun, of a man who must do this everyday - he will go mad with boredom.

The reason is the nature of his brain and the perceptions it manifests as assignations in conflicting concepts. A thing that can only be fixed by giving the user greater command of their structuralist manifestation of language itself - "user named root", so to speak.

real interesting stuff, if you're into brain architecture.

don't listen to this faggot who has no idea what he's talking about. I tried to stop for two years and it made me bottle up my anxiety/depression and I finally let it out and became a walking wreck for a solid 3 months. Worst experience of my life.

After taking various SSRIs my cock stopped working, even years after stopping them. I think my Serotonin receptors are irreversibly fucked. I just want my normal cock back.

>You obviously have no experience with mental illness and should leave it to the (((professionals.))) You look sleepy. You should go back to sleep

Dumb. I had sex regularly and jacked off once or twice a day on Prozac for three years.

It could be that it bothered you that way, and then you're making retarded, generalized, broad sweeping claims for the rest of the people on the planet, because you're a brainlet with solipsism.

i weaned off of them if thats what youre getting at.

Now you're a neutered automaton shilling for pills, what a greater existence!

These pills cost $5 a month, you broke piece of shit.

Ok (((Pfizer)))

youre a fuckin retard dude.

oh yeah and my dick stopped working LOL

It's no different than recreational drugs, it's really sad how much they're prescribed.
This user has it, depression has NEVER been identified as a monoamine imbalance, just that drugs that interact with monoamines make people feel happy. So does cocaine, nicotine, etc. but that doesn't actually fix the depression. Feeling sad is ultimately a personal or spiritual issue that can't be treated like a disease, outside of some thyroid issues.

The scientologists have an anti psychiatric treatment museum in LA. It's a horror show.

LIES! SOLIPSIST RETARD! (((TAKE YOUR PILLS!)))

This is nonsense.

Your receptors cant get fucked up unless you overdosed on SSRIs, probably designed for depression.

So, did you take the pills right?

are you sure your erectule problems are not psychological?

it's literally impossible to burn out your seritonine receptors long-term, unless you tried to suicide or get high on the medication.

I'm not miserable and still probably a more productive member of society than you are you stupid faggot

Dipshit is right if you've ever taken them and you believe this then you probably have a low sex drive anyways

I was on Valdoxan,Tianteptine and now I use Escitalopram (SSRI). The last one is working. I had a case of axiety,sleep disorder,nusea and mild depression. The SSRI helped me to get a grip and start taking care of myself and not to worry about shit. And I don't feel suicidal,rather blissfull

You have to be 18 years of age or older to use this board.

They prescribe Luvox (fluvoxamine) for OCD.

Zoloft is for depression.

I took the pills as prescribed. I never reached therapeutic doses anyway. All I know is I used to have frequent, strong, spontaneous erections. Now I struggle having erections and my cock is more veiny. And I have a distaste for women now.

You sound more insane than anyone in this thread..

look at all your posts, you sound like a fucking nut case.

Industrial Society And Its Future should be required reading

You pharma shills are truly incredible
Why are you so angry?

I was on SSRI's for a while and I went completly insane and almost killed my mother.
Stopped taking it and I've been fine ever since. Those pills are fucking poison and should be banned.

as someone who is currently taking one of the listed medications, i can confirm that they do not help worth shit, a few weeks ago i decided i would see how it would be if i stopped taking them and i all hell broke lose in my mind

>ALL PEOPLE WITH DIABETES ARE ON INSULIN! INSULIN CAUSES DIABETES!
It's funny because it's true

First it was "you have no experience with mental illness*
Then "you're insane"
Kek
>Muh dick works fine sounds like a personal problem

Funny how it always happens in a gun-free zone by people on medication.

Oh well, it probably means nothing, this limp dicked faggot never shot anyone after all.

ITT mentally ill faggots try to justify their degeneracy and stupidity in taking the KIKEPILL
If you feel you need jewish magic (modern medicine) to function then I'm sorry but you are pathetic and should kill yourself already.

In this case the OCD has to be serious enough to outweigh the negative side effects of the SSRIs.

>YOU HAVE TO TEACH THEM HOW TO THINK.
But that requires expensive therapy time, and actual effort!

You know how you have to take SSRI's for a while for them to work? There's a delay there, which makes finding the minimum functional dose much harder.

Now THERE's a flag I've never seen before.

They used to use zoloft for all sorts of shit, some of which they probably shouldn't have..

I swear to god your mention of the word shill makes me question every fucking instance of potential actual shilling because I'm an actual person legitimately angry at your faggotry

You need SSRI's. You're seriously exhibiting signs of schizophrenia. Anyone can click your ID to highlight your comments and then read them all and see it plain as day. Seek help. You don't have to use pills. Try cognitive behavioral therapy or EMDR or something.