Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDNj7mqOud0
youtu.be/loAsiEUy7og
youtu.be/bEiPOmHrvMw
youtu.be/VM7-Qnc0EmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ey remember that meme animation style from the 80s and american pop
>yeah
>lets do that to adapt this edgy and visually trippy comic book that makes holden caulfield, shinji, and akito look well-adjusted
>then ignore all the zany visuals and make everyone ugly as hell
honestly though it ended up being one of those shows where discussing it while it was airing was far more fun than the show itself, like zettai bouei leviathan

It had some good ideas though.

Also the first ED was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=tDNj7mqOud0

It was pretty sad when it aired since the manga actually had a cute heroine.

Aku no Hana is my absolute favourite manga, still haven't watched the anime. I hear both good and bad things about it, I honestly don't know what to do.

A Japanese cartoon that has characters that look Japanese oh shi-

Proof that "progress" is not always a good thing

What's wrong with it? Pretty accurate representation of the average Japanese grill. If anything its too idealized.

Also proof that anime characters are white
When they're drawn asian they are fugly
Stay mad dicklets

Honest to god the only bad thing about the anime as an adaptation is the rotoscoping. Take that as you will.

they look like Yayoi mongoloids

aku no hana was fucking great, and so was the animation direction

If you don't like it, you're a basic pleb and should kill yourself on some moeshit.

Amen brother!

This defense is still retarded you know.

white """"people""""

Solid pleb filter

1) The IDEA was to make stuff ugly and uncanny valley would add to the creepiness. Aku no Hana is a creepy manga. So using this weird ugly rotoscope thing would make the characters even creepier.
2) You may say it didn't work, but would ANYONE remember or care about Aku no Hana if it didn't have the ugly art? It got people talking at least, if you liked it or hated it.

It's true. When you see a character drawn to actually look Japanese you know they're meant to be fucking ugly.

I liked the artstyle
Too bad the story was fucking garbage.

Your opinion is factually a shit one.

lmao no one remembers Aku no Hana regardless apart from the sporadic MANGA mention

rotoscoping was just a shit decision, have this been animated with visuals like a shaft show or even kuzu no honkai then I'm sure there would have been a second season even

You can't deny it got people talking and oh look, people still are talking. Sup Forums was filled with threads about the rotoscoping back in the day.

Jokes on you, i liked it.

>1) The IDEA was to make stuff ugly and uncanny valley would add to the creepiness. Aku no Hana is a creepy manga. So using this weird ugly rotoscope thing would make the characters even creepier

Bullshit, I saw a lot of this back when was airing, and never did I see any kind of citation. This is just "it's not a bug it's a feature" gymnastics

They literally filmed it with real Japanese actors and then rotoscoped that into the anime. They also made the live-action base version available in some form, though I only managed to download one episode in 240p.

Just another proof of the nips having shit taste. Rotoscoping was fine, it knew how to set the tone.
>lmao no one remembers Aku no Hana regardless apart from the sporadic MANGA mention
We have this thread every fucking month. We're having it right now, how can you even say that no one remembers it.

Well it makes sense, doesn't it? Why else would they have made it so ugly if not to add to creepiness factor? Is rotoscoping easier or something?

no one talks about the content, only the shitshow of a direction decision. the content would have been remembered ifthe art had been decent.

Yes, rotoscoping is much easier. They were fucking lazy and cheap. It looks like ass and detracted from the message and meaning ofthe show.

Man of culture you are.

More the story became garbage around the 3rd act. 1st and 2nd were golden

Why did the last third of the manga have to be so shit? The first and second thirds were easily 9/10 going on 10/10 and then it feels like the author just chickened out and went with the most limpwrist ending they could think of.

niglet
youtu.be/loAsiEUy7og

Someone post real actors. The looks better than their rotoscoped version

They weren't thinking.

That instead of traditional animation they'd use rotoscoping to depict the characters, probably.

>You can't deny it got people talking
That is pointless if it doesn't get people BUYING. It got so bad that the Blu Ray disc release got cancelled. That almost never happens. It is a case where the talking was about how shit it was. If you wanted to lose money that was the way to do it.

A blooger pointed out that the manga sales improved after the anime came out. But the math tells us that it only meant they made back half the money the anime lost. So it was a failure all around.

It really made me feel sad.
Anime style makes for idealized appearances in which everyone looks nice and is a pleasure to look at, and even in stories where someone's bad appearance is plot relevant it still doesn't become a bother to have them in your sight.

They did the complete opposite.
Every single person was so fucking ugly it was impossible to enjoy the plot without constantly thinking about how feral and disgusting those animals on screen looked.

Girlfirend?

It was unironically my AOTS.

Fuck it, I love the direction they went with this

They should have just made it full blown 3DPD, it would have been less cancer on my eyes.

I really liked the last chapters
Also my waifu

First time I cheered for used girls. What a good ride.

> would ANYONE remember or care about Aku no Hana if it didn't have the ugly art
Yes? It was a fairly popular manga even before the anime aired, and there are still fairly common manga threads for a series that ended years ago. If anything, a decent adaptation would have boosted its popularity more.

>It got people talking at least, if you liked it or hated it.
What the fuck kind of an argument is this, anyway? "This wasn't a bad decision, because everyone remembers how bad it was"?

It did introduce me to asa chang and junray, which is groovy.

>Well it makes sense, doesn't it? Why else would they have made it so ugly if not to add to creepiness factor?

I'm curious as to what deep meaning you apply to the incompetence of, say, Berserk (2016).

I forgot all about this

I'll let you know that Berserk is a Damn Good Anime

I don't know, but I'm glad they did it because this show was fucking hilarious.

Jesus Christ, it's the 3D equivalent of Deviantart OC

T.triggered nips

Probably, but they aren't wrong.

Cool. So now we know the cherrypicking can go both ways.

>jew nose used
it was good till the last example

Lol , but it was a decent show, some action scenes were fucking cool, and you never see rotoscoping in modern anime.
(maybe that scene from Shingeki no Bahamut virgin soul when they're dancing???)

It was a breath of fresh air in a stale season.
Many were fucking pissed off because it wasn't MOE. Well fuck them.

Tell that to 2ch or whoever made that pic.
Though they aren't wrong that Nips generally have smaller noses.

>meanwhile in bizarro Sup Forums

Who cares if it's not moe? It's ugly as fuck.

The manga wasn't moe as well and had much better looking characters.

nice cherrypicked angles lol

Post counter-arguments retard.
Only thing you fags have is eye size.

Last girl looks like a jew

>Comparing 2D to 3D

All of you are wrong.

Dropped this show on the second episode, the story seemed to be fucking retarded and the MC was a complete moron.

I think the problem is more that it's uncanny valley, and would remain uncanny valley even with white people. It's neither anime nor live action, but some weird in-between form that's just... creepy.

Anime characters belong to the 2d masterrace.

It gets worse, at least you missed the part where the MC gets on a date with his waifu and for some reason he only wanted to have some platonic relationship with her. At the same time, she actually wants to have sex with him because... who knows?

It's stupid.

It was great yeah but fuck the animation

Don't talk shit about my husbando Holden

Holy fuck, right looks even better than the actual shit we got with the anime.

Enjoy being cucked by your bull

t. gook

This.

>liking holden
I read catcher in the rye expecting to like holden or at least understand him but I think I read it a couple of years too late

I didn't understand her ex-boyfriend's character. He acted like a massive cunt but when the MC NTR'd him he was like "whatever".

Fuck off tokiwa was a goddess and chapters 55-56 were god tier, specially 56

Japans first rotoscopy .

One of the few mangas where first girl didnt won and best girl won
Oshimi is so based

>They were fucking lazy and cheap.
Rotoscoping an entire series like they did requires tons of extra work and crew compared to your normal anime. You can question the quality of the result, but saying it's lazy and cheap is just stupid.

dickelts detected

>dickelt
What?

prison school has also a realistic style and it doesnt look as shit

I love this anime and I love this manga. It is literally the only anime that is too edgy and deep for most of Sup Forums. The triggering it results in is all the proof needed. Sticking around itt for I can watch the roaches crawl out of the woodwork to contest this.

Also a reminder that weebs would be very disappointed in Japan in every way.

Baiting aside though this is a truly outstanding portrayal of the simultaneously horrific and yet ludicrous world you're in at that point in life. A lot of people, maybe most people, go through this shit around the world and look back at it with a little bit of eye-rolling. But at the time it's the fucking world shaking to pieces. Nakamura herself is part person, part concept. She is the force that pushes common feelings and jackassery and epiphanies into broad daylight. She makes inner hell become outward hell.

You may have wanted to slit your wrist or for eveyone around you to die. But Nakamura takes you to the bon festival for you to set yourselves on fire with kerosene on live tv in front of your families.

The look of the show is a very deliberate choice. Like it or not, it was not badly made. It was a harsh choice and the mangaka and the director didn't gaf about an anime until they decided on this. To make it unpleasant, ugly, unlikable and vile. And in particular they wanted to make sure you didn't want to bang a cute Nakamura animu girl. So they went as far from the usual anime character designs as possible.

Name a more "real" anime. Or a more demonic girl who does not exist in some fantasy setting but in a realistic world.

It would be a record tragedy in the anime world that this got no second season, except even that occurance served to end up driving home the disappointing nature of life.

And no, making it in regular live action show would not have had the same impact. They put a layer of filthy dirt and unpleasantness onto a medium that tends to be trite and pretty even when trying to be "dark".

It actually does have some gorgeous animation btw. It's just very selectively used. Backgrounds and music obviously are goat.

Her gaze kills every moeblob, loli, and sisterfuckers it settles upon. I enjoy how her reflection is exactly herself from the manga.

youtu.be/bEiPOmHrvMw

>>Aku no Hana doesn't have some incredible visuals

>>non-ironically believing this

youtu.be/VM7-Qnc0EmI

She was clearly mentally fragile. Supposed to grow up the perfect popular girl

Sorry i meant dletkst decetded

I'm so glad it didn't end in suffering for the MC. The last chapter did freak me out though.

Did you just skim all the dialogue? Maybe you're too retarded for its basic themes.

>there are still contrarians pretending Aku no Hana bombed and got mocked by everyone because it was some 2deep4u shit and not because it's just garbage

Did they ever show the rape scene in the rotoscoped anime?

>show about retarded teens doing retarded shit
>"your just too dumb to get it"

They were thinking people will still post about this anime for years to come. I honestly dont recall anything else from that season.