Watch a new episode of this thing

>watch a new episode of this thing
>25 minutes in which literally nothing happens, except maybe 30 seconds worth of interesting and plot-relevant dialogue
Why is this allowed?

>faggots complaining about plot relevant dialogues
why is this allowed?

don't worry baby they'll get back to meaningless action soon enough with pretty colours and epic music for you.

Stop watching things you don't enjoy.

It's not even about the action

It's about having a bunch of people sitting on some trees doing nothing and saying nothing worth paying any attention to. I don't know mate you could at least have Eren asking some relevant questions instead of being a retarded angry teenager.

gotta agree with both. There is a lot of character development, and it's going slow like the manga, but I like it. Where in the first season they would shorten everything down and highlight the titan-killing, this season focuses more on the human characters and their human aspects. Besides, in the story around this time, when Eren gets the coordinate, things slow down and get all political. The show is just reflecting that. That said tho reading the manga where it's at now makes me realize nothing truly cool is going to happen for a while

i kekked at the part where he goes "i'll have to restrain my emotions" and it looks like he's taking on such a hard fucking job, like he knows that's his least potent ability

Eren was a shitter, however I honestly felt the episode was pretty tense all the way through, especially with the tone-shift when Reiner started breaking down and they added in that Marco flashback. Considering Bert and Reiner are pretty much the posterboy villains of the series, an entire episode showing them in this environment as opposed to how they are as usual background characters is understandable.

Besides, the past few episodes have been nothing but action and plot-moving events which will continue starting from next week's episode till the end of the arc, I don't see what's so bad about this kind of breather, especially when it actually offered a lot of interesting information.

He did a pretty poor job of restraining his emotions.

I don't care that they don't have action all the time but at least have some meaningful development.

>there is a lot of character development
When?
I read the manga but there's pretty much none

To be fair it might have something to do with the fact that I was able to watch the entire first season from start to finish whereas with this one I have to wait for a new episode and it's pretty disappointing to wait a week only to watch an episode this empty and uninteresting

Reiner and Bertolt actually get a pretty big amount of development in the Shiganshina arc.

unlike the show, which has tendencies to clump it all together, Isayama sprinkles it all around the whole series. It's sorta the equivalent of shifting POVs in a book almost to me

>still watching this shit
Why?

And?
Any other characters?

I can feel you there, i plan on rewatching the entirety of the second season when all the episodes are out to see if it improves things.
I've not actually read the manga so I wouldn't know, though the developments between Ymir and Historia in the Utgard arc alone as well as the development Sasha got in episode 2 have been pretty fulfilling for the current season, it's like Isayama remembered he had characters that he could write more about.
Season 2's actually been a lot better than season 1 so far.

>the developments between Ymir and Historia in the Utgard arc alone as well as the development Sasha got in episode 2
Not that user but this isn't really a character development

>Who is Historia

Which bits? Sasha's episode was quite clearly development because it made her the focus of an entire episode without her turning into a gag character, showing her backstory and how she grew from being selfish to willing to protect others even if it put her own life at risk.

Ymir and Historia's I'd say count as development episodes too, since Historia entirely grew as a character to live with her true name thanks to Ymir who also shed away a false-image to save everyone else.

That reminds me, if I remember right Historia develops a fuck ton as well in the Uprising arc from what I've heard.

also heard the next arc is pretty much 70% story-focused with barely any didan killing, that sounds fun.

That was the entire point.

Isayama emphasizes that Eren is aware of his habits, but has trouble controlling himself. Like in that court scene, he says "this is bad. I should shut up now." But still yelled at the people anyways because they were threatening to dissect the only family member he has left.

And him saying he "has to supress his emotions" but can't do it. Because the people responsible for killing his town and mother are trying to play victims even though they're mass murderers. People don't like whenever Eren shows emotion, but it always makes sense why he gets angry. The guy saves humanity over and over but just gets beat up for it. He just fought Annie who killed his comrades in front of him, been through all sorts of shit recently and now he gets betrayed by his comrades, one of who he looks up to. And they cut off his arms and are taking him somewhere he doesn't know. He should have been MORE angry than he was, actually.

As for development, he forgave Hannes who let his mom die. He's usually reckless and goes right to battle but during the Female Titan arc he subverts this by trusting in his comrades for once, instead of fighting the battle himself. I can't think any shonen protag in recent memory who chose to let others fight the main villain of the arc willingly. And also where friendship power actually was the wrong choice that got them killed.

The sad part is, Eren is actually pretty chill when not put in these shitty situations. He compliments Connie, Historia, Reiner, etc. He was visibly happy when humanity was finally fighting back (ep 4). He laughed at a poop joke. When he was about to get eaten by Historia, he lists all the names of dead soldiers he still thinks about. (even minor characters that everyone else forgotten) He legit cares about other people. Even when they were bullying Marlo Eren had to be a whiteknight.

He's in his early teens and is put under more pressure than everyone else because outsiders want him.

This actually made me change my view to be in your favor. This is why I love attack on titan so much, there is so much unspoken depth and thought to the world and the characters

Good post, user.

If you think that's depth you need to actually kill yourself in real life.

>kill yourself in real life
What did he mean by this?
Damn good post, senpai

The depth is in its unspoken form and that's where the novelty lies

>watching this garbage in the first place

>watch a comedy
>expect action

>4 years to make 12 episodes
>still has recap filler episodes

You're a fucking child.
Tree episode was for resolving character relationship, setting up alliance, character building for reiner, setting up the situation.

I really hope they animate uprising, maybe you faggots will just leave snk for ever.

Anons post is by definition character depth. unless you care to explain why he's wrong.

>saying nothing worth paying any attention to