How much is rent?

how much is rent where you live? do you think is too much? how can you solve it?

I live in cabin so cheap, I pay nothing and just take care of it.

if I run out of logs this winter though, I die from cold.

I pay £500 ish a month for a flat owned by the state, (so technically state-subsidised).
Add another £150 ish a month council tax.
The place next door is identical, privately owned, and advetised for sale at £850,000.
Housing as a problem in UK goes away if we abolish housing benefit. Land/property prices here are kept artificially high because of it.

Fucking hell and i thought germany had it bad.

u live in council housing u poor fuck don't try to make it sound nice "owned by the state" get a job u cunt

I have a 900 square foot apartment, 2 bedroom w/ 2 full bath and I pay $890 a month. Rent has been skyrocketing in my town though. When I moved here 1.5 years ago, My rent was $750. Pretty sure, if I want to re-up (which I don't), it'll jump to over $1000/month. Boise is growing rapidly and if I stay here, which isn't certain, I will definitely be looking for a house on the outskirts of town or get a roommate and stay in a nicer apartment and just split rent.

Rent comes from 25% - 45% of wages.

General rule of thumb if a house costs more than 5-7 years average income for one person. Something is fucked in the market.

Mood shoudl average a 1%-% in a developed economy. Food production gets industrialized and its price plummets, while freeing up labour for other more productive work.

Lot's of working families can't afford housing without state help.
We have a "tax credits" system, that seems designed to have as many households dependent on state aid as possible, whether you work or not.
Bread and circuses, i guess...

Im actually looking for a new place. I have been living rent free in a 2nd home on some millionaire parents property in exchange for my wife making sure the senile old folks take thier meds and shit. Thier daughter is some millionaire lawyer and she constantly tries to add on more and more shit we never agreed on to my wifes duties. The original contract in writing stipulated 4 hours a day of housekeeping and elder care taking but after all the extra crap shes added its really an unpaid full time job.

We told her is its going to be a full time job then we'd like to
A: get it in writing
B: start getting paid for it
C: would even pay some rent if need be

She refuses to accept the offer and basically just thinks my wife ought to be over at her parents house waiting on them hand and foot 10 hours a day. Nope. We're moving and she can find new free housekeeping and property maintenance.

Pay 530 for my stake in a shared appartement in a decent part of munich. It can get somewhat more expensive and I know that Ive been lucky to get this place, but overall I'd say munich is pretty good for housing compared to how fucking nice the city is.

I don't pay rent, because I can live on my workplace. There is a unused room, and my boss let me stay there.
It's not legal, but no one cares. I have my offical address at my parents house.

Rent is shitty here. Either you pay 1500.- per month.
Or 800.- per month but then you have to live next with NEETs, loud italians and unemployed chain smokers.

1,000 shapes of feet, 600 shekels a month, kansas

>How much is rent?

$300 per month.

$1200 a month for 70m2. 3 rooms, 1 storage box, shower, toilet, complete kitchen with utilities, balcony on the south, and parking space. I pay about $100 extra for lighting, gas, water and internet.

Around $1200 per month for something half-decent. I'm a lucky one and there's still no way in hell.

~2k per month

lower rents could be achieved a variety of ways. some more units available would help. better city planning. eliminating regulations that make it hard for tenets. enacting regulations to prevent spikes in rents...

In the SF bay area that would probably be around $800

A studio apartment, for those unfamiliar: one room with a kitchenette (usually a few cabinets a fridge and maybe a mini-stove if you're lucky) and a bathroom is about $1300; one bedrooms are around $1900+. This is also outside of SF in the surrounding area.

where the fuck do you live you midwest fuck

>if i run out
Cant you just buy more at walmart?

Lol rent seems to be very expensive in good countries, here you can find a good house around 300 U$ or even less.

>where the fuck do you live you midwest fuck

Tennessee.

I pay $500 a month for a basement. I rent it from a little old lady that doesn't ever go downstairs, and says she could use the extra money. We're both really quiet and mind our own business, so overall it's a great deal. I know I'm really living up the Sup Forums basement dweller stereotype here, but it's a pretty nice basement, and I'm only 19 and making couple shekels over minimum wage. I have a couch, a bed, a desk with several computers, a mini fridge, a microwave, a hot plate, a washer and dryer, and a small bathroom complete with a standing shower. I can even do my dishes in the laundry sink, since I don't cook anything greasy or put anything down the drain that'll clog it up. The lady I rent from had her own washer and dryer installed upstairs because she had a hard time getting up and down there, so I have these appliances all to myself. At the end of every month, after taxes, rent, groceries, car payments, and other smaller expenses, I still have around $600-700 that I toss into savings, which is fucking awesome.

And the other bonus of living with old people in the US is that they're extremely conservative, and most of them won't deny your 2nd amendment right to own arms, so I can even keep my gun in the house. That was actually the reason I moved out of my mother's house the week after I turned 18. I was pissed that she wouldn't let me get a gun.

the wood is from a broken barn.

but im running out. there are some tilia (lime) trees but the wood "smokes" and gives little heat.

I rent my aunts basement... there's a sewage pipe overhead.

I haven't had this problem since I bought new ceiling tiles and installed them wherever they were missing. And no leaky pipes or other signs of disrepair here. I'm an absolute autist about keeping my living space as neat and clean as possible.

Monaco. About 7000 euros a month for a one bedroom 70mq crappy flat. have to pay 3 months in advance and 3 months deposit. If you leave before the contract is up, you mave to pay the rent ntill they find someone else to take the flat.

If she is a hotshot lawyer contact abovethelaw.com and shame her. They love calling lawyers out for this type of shit.

God.. is this gonna turn into another basement ogre thread

Amazon.com deliver?

i rent some land at 300 a month

You will not find 300 a month unless it’s a sketchy place or just a side room off a house.

I don't even feel bad for you

about $1,500.00 USD a month (Massachusetts)

>mfw other countries bitch about expensive housing

Holy shit you guys have no idea how good you have it. Australia has valid complaints too, will happily listen to their bitching.

700 a month for a shitty one bedroom. It’s infested with cockroaches and spiders, but the roaches are getting better. I would consider moving but the only cheaper places are in nigger and crime infested areas and I’d likely get robbed 2 weeks in. The area I’m in now is mostly Mexicans and other immigrant families, but they’re quiet and it’s relatively safe. You don’t get a ton of choices around Atlanta.

maybe? there's a forest nearby so I just go there.

junge was laberst du wenn nicht in berlin lebst und kaum was verdienst und dich ned dumm anstellst kannste dir locker ne bude leisten ohne hungern zu müssen

Anywhere from 850 to over 2000 Castrobux for a single bedroom depending on where in town you are.
In the late 60's you could rent a house a few blocks from the water for 100.
You could get a house for around 100k 30 years ago.
Now there isn't even a house in the city for under 1.3m. A decent house is near the 3m mark, 15 years ago it was 500-600k
Fucking chinks
Fucking shit gov't taking no protective measures.
I'm done.

then dont life in a city you fucking degenerate
housing is cheap outside of cities

hurr durr but then i actually have to get of my as and work like a real man oh noes

>leaf
>80% of country beautiful outdoors
>lives in city cuz comfort
>complains like a cuck

lives hard without real world skills oh man bahaha

Also decent internet is 80-100, phones are 60+ on average, gas and electricity are also fucking expensive, the most expensive gasoline on the continent, $4.70 a gallon, which is actually the same as a gallon jug of milk.

My employment doesn't exist in the countryside Mohammed

Rent is $2300 - $2500 in my area. But I own, my mortgage is $2000 a month.

Solving it? That’s complicated. Here in Southern CA, you can always rely on rich liberals to shoot down affordable housing ballot measures. I was at an economic discussion a few weeks ago, one of the local politicians said that there was too much low cost and high cost housing being built in the urban areas out here, according to this person, medium cost housing needs to be built to accommodate living close to areas of employment. They also proposed to change the zoning so that they could increase the housing density- that sounds insane. Imagine packing low IQ dregs into a can of sardines.

I’m work here as a land use attorney and I prefer living in areas that are unaffordable to most- the high housing prices keep the shitty people out. A few miles from my house the county was working on putting in affordable housing. I led an effort, completely pro bono, to fight it. Doing research, I learned that the habitat is home to a protected toad and was going to reach out to envirowackos to help join our cause, but the county is now looking elsewhere.

The county is short 100,000 “affordable homes”, local officials say.

I oppose all/any forms of affordable housing, I think it’s ridiculous that the government has to step in and provide housing below market value, simply because a bunch of wimpy millennialis think they’re entitled to a cheap place to live, simply because they grew up in this area.

I see no solution in sight, and I don’t want one. I want the value of my home to increase too. Value has gone up 17% in only in one year. One day I’ll sell it and get a tiny house on a ton of land in Florida- where I can hunt, grow food, homestead, live peacefully with plenty of money left over.

>council tax

What is that? Is that a local tax or something?

I use manazanita and oak. Oak takes a long time to try but it bruns well. I cut all the wood myself, get a permit from the US Forest Service, I can cut up to one cord a year.

Is it possible to commute?

1000 a month for a 4 bedroom house in a poor-ish neighbourhood. House is old but windows, floors, heaters, appliances, etc are all new

I live in Argentina and I see how UK is being invaded by sandkangz, do they get welfare ?

Argentina is known to host lots of immigrants and give them money for doing nothing, they are really literally scum, but we dont have many muslms here

Our basement isn't as bad as you say, and we charge 850...But, your on /pol so probably a poor tenant. (2miles from Emory)

>but we dont have many muslms here

As close to paradise as you can get. Eurorefugees to relocate in Argentina when?

>no real world skills
>no employment in the real world
canacuck
ca
na
cuk

lazy ass excuse
theres always ways to make a living
you clearly dont understand what i was talking about, but i dont blame you, brainlet

I only pay property tax and insurance on my home, thank God. I couldn't afford the rents nowadays!

I live with mum so I pay nothing

I work 10 hours a day and make 496 Euros a month

I would need to earn minimum 850 Euros a month to live on my own

oak is really good, it burns slowly so you can leave it there.

0$/m right now since I moved in with my gf for a few months now but before I paid
> 370E/m for 40sq meters right in the city center
bills were about 100E on top of that and food is ridiculously expensive - compared with our poo in the loo wages - another 300E/m(for one 25yo male that doesn't eat out)

250 euro, 2 rooms, a bit outside the city, add 100 more euro utilities

minimum wage here is 300 euro

if only you knew how bad things really are

I love it. I also love making it into kindling. I take a hammer and a machete, strike the machete and make tiny pieces. I never waste any part of a tree, leaves get grinded up for mulch/compost, logs are burnt, ash goes to compost as well.

I find the pic related to satisfying.

>gas : 5,50 a galon a month for me
>phone : 5 bucks a month for me
stop being a degenerate jewbook likewhore and you dont need mobile data, everything thats important enough can call you or write sms. if you have friends and family online "contanct" doesnt matter anyway since your supposed to keep track of all these ppl by meeting them irl as often as humanly possible
>decent internet
stop deing a degenerate manchild and dont play games or watch much vids and you get along fine using a 8k connection, manchild

>inb4 jes muhammad shure
you know i speak the truth, leaf

5,50 a galon a month for me
correction
5,50 per galon

thsi guy fukcing gets it ! you just need to man up and lower your standarts in a area accepable to you and youll be able push trough it

DONT ASK FOR LESS WEIGHT TO CARRY, ASK FOR BROADER SHOULDERS!

1000 aud a week for a modest 2 bedroom apartment here in North Sydney.

Low end houses 150k, make ~$17/h. Have 2k saved, 35k student loans left. Have to commute 45minutes a day 1 way with some autistic guy who doesn't own pants. Had a place for $850 split by 2 people when I was a student.

Saw a sign in a relatively big town $300 for 1 bedroom, my closest town has a 2 bedroom for $200. Larger cities I think it does up to $500 for one bedroom. I rented a place to stay during highschool and university years back so im not actually sure what the average prices are now. On the flat-lands were free from the rent jew, we just live in one of the family houses, or if you work for someone they usually give you a house to stay in on a farm, im a poorfag so only have 2 houses totaling 8 bedrooms, but my neighbor has 6 with about 20 bedrooms total. Alternatively if you are black you just build a house from corrugated iron on someones farm and live there for free.

yep, ostensibly for water, trash collection etc, local "services".
>do they get welfare?
Yes, welfare is much easier to get if you have minority status.
eg state housing is given according to a points sysytem, points given for being foreign, single parent, poor, minority status etc etc.
80% of immigrants couldn't live here without state aid. 50% of natives are in the same boat, but don't get the "desperate need" status of a migrant.
If you want to live in UK, first go to Somalia and burn your passport. Then come here and demand gibs.

About $3,500/month for a 1 bedroom. Fuck tech I fell for the high salary meme like a greedy faggot.

What currency bro

1200 a month for a single bedroom apartment without W/D hookup. Nicer one bedrooms go for 1600. In Denver

I'm 19, living with my girlfriend and paying £500 a month in Dundee for a flat.
£150 added on for bills and tax.

I'm planning on moving to Phoenix when my lease is up. I want to live in a red state, and I'm not going to buy a fucking shack for 400,000.

forgot to say USD, converted from ZAR since probably no one knows what that is.

also
>falling for the "getting rich trough high end work"meme
better work = instantly higher forced living standarts
know so many ppl that have bachelors or masters in stuff like STEM and cant seem to make a dime of savings since they are forced to blow whatever they earn more than me on things to actually be able to work in a high income bracket

>mfw pic rel

$1500 Rent for a 4BR 1 1/2 Bath, 1 car garage includes water & Trash roughly 280 meter or 2624 Square Feet of interior space.

show fireplace

yah oak is great

~2000USD for the apt and ~2000USD for the apartment

*house

2bd/1 bath apartment runs about 1.2k-2.5k/month in my area.

shits only getting worse because my gentrification

>local "services".

I live in an unincorporated town. The only “services” we get are police and fire. When it snows, neighbors just send out notices via Nextdoor app, saying they are clearing streets and give times. I do mine with an ATV. People waiting to go to work sometimes offer cash, or a hot cup of coffee. I always decline- having a real sense of community with white neighbors is the only payment I seek.

I still live with my parents, because the starting price for a 2-bedroom ~30m apartment is €600.
Moving out of the city, same story, except the houses are bigger.
The bigger problem is that if I wanna move out ASAP I have to go onto the free sector (as in not social housing) which starts at €750-ish.
Time no object, I'll be 30 by the time social housing will accept my replies.
Or I could pretend I'm a muslim, apply for emergency housing and effectively jump the queue.

Good excuse to work hard, isn't it?

you live in manhattan?

>do you think is too much?

The Rent is too Damn High!

$450 4 bed/2 bath. 1700sqft. Half acre. Rural Florida.

>you can always rely on rich liberals to shoot down affordable housing ballot measures.

>the county was working on putting in affordable housing. I led an effort, completely pro bono, to fight it.

So...you are a rich liberal?

Why work when you van live in a 1.5 million dollar home for free on welfare?

$2350/mo utilities not included.

1br/1ba, 650 sq ft about, washer and dryer in unit, nice kitchen with granite countertops and upgraded appliances. Nice-ish neighborhood but there's a few sketchy section 8 people around which pisses me off cause I pay an arm and a leg to live in this fucking place to not deal with poor people like that.

In Bay Area commiefornia. Kill me please.

even detroit is $500/month

Sounds like my parents recalling what life used to be like. It's Reeee inducing that so many think the state has to enforce this kind of thinking.
I'm not ethnic enough for those kind of gibs.

>rent
I pay into the jewish mortgage scheme, only a few years left

No. In the first comment, I was referring to coastal cities full of boomer NIMBYs, they are overwhelmingly liberal, and fight every little development in their area. As for the second comment, I didn’t use NIMBYs, I used concerned families around my age to force the planning commission’s hand. When I learned that that the project was in violation of the CA Enironmental Quality Act, I brought that up and the county backed down. Big difference. The former is liberal NIMBYs acting against their social beliefs in order to make profit (in typical boomer fashion) the latter was authentic grassroots, concerned for children, schools and community characteristics.

>even detroit is $500/month
It's actually cheaper to buy a house than rent.
(If you want that noose around your neck for 20 years)

>but im running out. there are some tilia (lime) trees but the wood "smokes" and gives little heat.
Just keep it in a warm, dry place you stupid fucking mongoloid. It smokes because it's got a high water content. Ever heard of kiln dried wood? That's how they make it, in a fucking kiln.

>Holy shit you guys have no idea how good you have it. Australia has valid complaints too, will happily listen to their bitching.
It needs to be adjusted for income you knuckle dragger.

>what life used to be like

It’s still very common across small towns here.

This is 100% the difference between rural and America and big cities. No one in a big city gives a fuck about their neighbors, in fact being overly nice to your neighbors is considered "creepy."

Good on you user, I am trying to move out to a flyover state to be a part of a community like that.

I pay 300eur + 150eur for electricity, heating, water and internet for a 60m2 apartment in Zagreb.

I pay 900 USD a month for a bullshit ass apartment, TV, Bed, and internet is free. Electricity is a miniscule payment. I enjoy living here, it's long away from people and as a Swede I don't want anything to do with people unless I'm meeting them

other-user could also burn dried horse shit.

>the most expensive gasoline on the continent, $4.70 a gallon
Cry more, we pay 1.65€ per litre, which is 2.05 usd and 2.52 cad, which amounts to 7.79 usd and 9.58 cad per gallon, respectively. Except unlike in Canada, most people only make 600€/month.

My cell is 30 a month, no data, and my phone is from the last decade.
OP asked how much it is where you live, not necessarily what you pay.
The gas price I gave is for regular, I actually pay what you pay because I can't run jewthanol.

You might want to consider covering up those drafty walls and floors.
Enjoy your critters.

I pay 1900$ a month for my 3200 SQ foot, 4 bedroom house. My rent is ~ 30% of my monthly income.