1 f-35 vs entire luftwaffe

How powerful is 1 (one) f-35?

Can we compare to planes in ww2.
How many ww2 planes could an f-35 kill before it dies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Time
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you could keep it fueled and armed it could solo the entire force

This basically. Without heat-seaking or radar guided missiles, a supersonic jet is pretty hard to take down.

Really? I want to see that

I have a feeling there'd be one Rudolf in there who'd get lucky with a couple rounds of the 7.92. Those Germans are sneaky bastards

It has to land eventually

the F35 would kill every single german aircraft without ever being seen. you clearly have no idea what's involved here if you think even 1 german plane will see, let alone shoot at, the F35. the F35's weapons have something like 1,000 the range of the germans' and RADAR, which allows them to see stuff extremely far away in any weather. the german pilots are using their eyeballs.

The F-35 is so shit, the US military is still afraid to even use it over Iraq and Syria.

>a mutant le 56% face keyboard warrior compares his eyesight to a ww2 pilot
ok

It depends on how long the pilot can hold his breath

War is never the answer dumb friend

Would it even need to shoot? What would a sonic boom do to the Germans if the f-35 blew through their formation at top speed?

F35 doesn't Supercruise but it can outrun any WWII craft back to it's base, re-arm/re-fuel, and fight it's way back to the front pretty easily.

with what payload?you are not in H.A.W.X. to have infinite ammo and if they use the external hardpoint its no longer stealth

I would think not much. Fighters regularly took very close explosions and came through fine, even with fragment damage. They're very simple and robust.

As many as it has rockets and bullets, but eventually it'll have to land and then just about anything could blow it up.

Stealth is not a binary. It is a reduction in range at which an object can be detected by em radiation reflection.
To that end I think an F18 or B1B would have no problem foiling WWII German ground radar. Much less an F35 which might only be trackable on a US AA radar if the F35 was towing an aluminum billboard.

the old radars could track it because they use high frequency waves

Nope, the point of fighters is not performance, which was already maxxed for humans when 2nd Gen fighters were taking apart NV SAM installations on the regular.
The point is force projection, one of which is to re-arm/re-fuel and get back into the fight. Or Force Multipliers.
Every development of jet aircraft after the MIG 15 in Korea has been in Force Multipliers. The F35 is designed to keep ordnance on target, which it would have no problem doing v any WWII force.

Flak guns would eventually take it out if you kept the Luftwaffe several miles behind them.
You also are not accounting for random probability and the lack of modern weapons once it runs out of precision guided stuff. Eventually, you are left with a glorified superfast fighter jet, guns only. It'll win any one on one dogfight sure, but several messerschmitt in coordination against it?

>
for example a syrian s-200 detected and probably damaged a f-35 when it was bombing targets in damascus.The kikes said it hit a bird during landing

Why use your billion dollar plane over Syria or Iraq when you don't need its speed or low radar cross-section?
There's a reason why the reaper is so popular, it can stay in the air longer than regular planes, is harder to spot and is better for carrying out assassinations.
The F-35 would've been great in the 2003 invasion though.

Not really, higher-frequency doesn't come in until later in the war, and almost exclusively on American set, and British. EM propagation is not a thing where 'high frequency' gaurantees returns. To track, which is to usefully detect it on radar and provide information to weapons, an F35 requires a huge amount of post-processing power which doesn't exist in WWII.

what is hillarious is that a me-262 can probably out turn the f-35 because the wings are retardedly small

Nigger a fucking mig from the 80s could out dogfight the f35. Absolutely awful overpriced plane
Sure it's a plane that can do everything but it's a case of being "Jack of all trades but a master at none"

I remember from early 2000s that an iraqi villager with a hunting rifle shot down attack helicopter

/k/ here

Beyond Visual Range combat, or BVRC, is where the F-35 excels. So in that respect yes. IT could kill up to the number of missiles it has in its bays without ever being seen.

However once those are expended it would have to go in for gun kills since there is no way in hell they would be able to fly back rearm and refuel the thing before its aggressors would be on it while it was on the ground. Even worse would be to engage it while it was just taking off or while it was gaining altitude, since that is a really shitty place to start a dogfight from, and the Germans would have the upper hand.

So on the subject of a dogfight you don't have to look very far even in WW2 to see that prop planes can win against jets. So its not like they are unstopable killing machines, a 20mm or 50 cal round in a jets inlet is a knockout punch for almost every jet out there.

The BF109 or FW190 would beat it hands down in a turning fight. If for no other reason than they are much slower planes. And as a result their turning circle is much smaller than the F-35

In a straight up energy fight (i.e. diving down on an enemy force then zoom climbing back up away from them) the F-35 could win but because of its much higher speed, and service ceiling, it would have limited windows in which it could get rounds on target.

The one way to, for sure, kill it would be to send a massive flight of planes its way, and just wait for it to need fuel or ammo and follow it back to where it was vulnerable.

Phydically sure, mentally theyd be terrified of the all powerful craft thats been winning a world war all by itself. Many would refuse to fly.

You'd need two or three to work in shifts

>Why use your billion dollar plane over Syria or Iraq when you don't need its speed or low radar cross-section?
Because the F-35 is supposed to replace the F-16, F-18, the A-10 and anything else that flies.

After 20yrs of development, I guess the F-35 should start to pull its weight.

No aircraft is unvulnerable or undetectable.
The Germans would have better luck hitting F35s than most modern weapons. Back then they were just putting metal in the air for aircraft to fly through, which the F35 can't avoid.
It can, however, detect where that metal is and deploy it's weapons outside that envelope, which makes in invincible to anything in WWII.

Prop planes heat signatures are too weak for missiles to lock on to.

Snow Nigger slide thread.

sage it.

>quoting rambo movies
checked

I don't think you could keep 'fighter aces' on the ground regardless of opposition, especially not German ones.

yeah it hit a kiowa in the engien and it ended up crashing

Is f35 supersonic?

pretty sure the shrap from a flak 36 would fuck up a f-35

fuck sake is everyone here forgetting the Germans had jets? You're talking like they'd be just using propeller planes

Nonsense. The only thing that counts is a vernier control to detect differences in heat, which piston-driven aircraft provide plenty of, especially in WWII. This is a software adjustment, if at all. In fact IR software is already designed to adjust resolution automatically, because missiles don't always present exhaust to a weapon.

1 F35 vs. Entire Mexican Airforce (SENPAI)

Pic related

Yes

me-262 was the jet fighter i mentioned it earlier

reminds me of that movie "the final countdown" were they travel trough a wormhole and fight japanese WW2 planes with F-14s. i'm probably the only one who ever saw it

The me 262 was an interceptor, not a long range offensive fighter. They might deploy one to intercept the f-35 but if that was the case it would be at a significant disadvantage.

If the plane has its radiator open then maybe

Yeah you got it I see none of the fucking Yankees in this thread did though

the skin of the f35 is designed to withstand up to 50mm rounds. i doubt rudolph or any other german would get a shot into the engine intake

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS

the F35 lemon

Me-262 is even worse than prop planes in operational envelope. Swarms of bf109s might be able to harry an F35 back to base on a deployable basis, but 262 are stuck on point defense, and they are closer to prop planes than they are to F35s anyway. A slightly faster sitting duck with poor operational deployment.

First, no. IR lock would work just fine.
Second, there are other ways to target an aircraft then IR. Radar is rather common.
Please stop talking about things that you know nothing about.

sage

Heat off the cowling is more than enough.

>How many ww2 planes could an f-35 kill before it dies?

A lot but 1930-40's allies wouldn't be able to keep it maintained, and I guess modern fuel would be unavailable too for quite a while

What if the pilot has a brain and lands way out of inmediate enemy flying range tho?

This question is idiotic. The plane by itself does nothing. So if you're saying it's carrying an infinite number of missiles and cannon ammo, then yes it would win the whole war. But it's the lock-on missiles that win the war, not the plane itself. You might as well ask, would 10,000 tomahawk missiles win the war?

no no no,the me-163 was the interceptor,the me-262 was a fighter

>How many ww2 planes could an f-35 kill before it dies?
All of them, with enough ammo.

But it's not like those planes are exactly common over Iraq and Syria, while UAV's have been proven to be just as useful.
Most of the heavy bombing in Iraq especially is long over, and this happened before the F-35 was operational. Today ISIS are hellfire fodder, and it makes more sense to pick off their leaders with a drone than carpet bomb every rock in sight. As ISIS loses more and more ability to fight, you'll see even less US involvement in Syria as most of the factions aren't really that much of an issue to the west.
You simply don't understand what the war is actually like there.

Modified kerosene should work just fine, if not a blend of already available distillates.
Of course, no service of the plane's systems is available at all. One would assume the F35 gets at least support. One tank of gas and the F35 is finished anyway, so the point is moot.

a bunch of drunk Serbians managed to shoot down a US stealth plane on luck alone

The entire Luftwaffe and ground anti aircraft force in Germany firing on one plane would manage to take it down at some point

Love me some alternative history.

Assuming an F35 has ammo, fuel, and support in WWII is less ridiculous than assuming an F35 is there at all. Of course the question is ridiculous.

bombing in iraq was done by drones during the day or f-117 nighthawks during the night and the ground pound CAS was done by the a-10s

What a dumb thread. As expected of a fucking leaf.

If you somehow kept it fuelled and fed it would shred everything
>once it's started shooting and revealed itself
This isn’t command and conquer you stupid faggot
>trying to shoot down a supersonic fighter with a heavy AA gun
Lel

Luftwaffe would only have to destroy the airfield from which is starts though, so one major air attack with all forces would render it useless or even destroy it on the ground with bombs. I doubt it could destroy thousands of planes on their way to its base.

You are truly stupid.
sage

Yeah cause that proves the entire US weapons program is a failure. That's it, we lose, everyone go home.

>invisible

I hate this meme

no shit it is

war is the question
"what race are they" is the answer

saw it and i loved it

>f-35
>supersonic
pick one the plane can't maintain supersonic speeds without breaking appart while the f-15 can go ham at 2 times the speed of sound

Ww2 germans do not have igla or strela at their disposal, this makes a pretty significant difference

>After 20yrs of development, I guess the F-35 should start to pull its weight.
This is the type of thinking that will assure that the Germans will never win another war.

That assumes Luftwaffe has perfect intelligence which wasn't the starting condition. If that's the case maybe the Luftwaffe could marshall enough bombers to tank it all the way to the F35's base. However bombing a base is not the end of the story, and never was in WWII.
F35 has more than enough capability to attack the Eastern Front, come across the channel, from Italy, so the Germans have no idea over a succession of days just where to send bombers at all. F35 doesn't even need any historical information. Just CAP in the general vicinity of the Reich and it's over.

Well if that's the scenario what is there even to discuss? It just has to take off for 5 minutes, launch its missiles, land and repeat this all day long until no Luftwaffe plane would even dare to take off.

No effect on me Meme Flag but feel free to show us all how you are not able to think of a way to counter. Typical low IQ brainlets. You may as well just shout "Mu Dick" and be done with it.

The entire Luftwaffe? The late Luftwaffe had some crazy shit, including crude AA missiles.

Well its basically invisible for other planes. SAM systems with hugeass sensors is another thing though.

Lurfwaffe would need to get into range of the airfield AND then destroy it. You make it sound easy. This may be why you keep loosing wars like WWI, WWII, the war to save your own culture and people. Shit like that.

Are we talking 1 F-35 vs thousands of planes?

That looks exactly like the next bong princess. Uncanny

>trust me I'm an expert on planes I play call of duty

That's like saying since we have B2's we should exclusively use them for all types of warfare dipshit.

>the final countdown
I seent it...that shit played quite a bit like 20 years ago when I was a kid...one of those shitty old movies they play on the weekend when nobody is watching.

it's dumb even if it downed 20 planes the rest would just follow it to base and bomb it when it landed lol

Basically.

Will get rekt by bombers bombing its airfield or intercepted during landing or take off. Just by sheer numbers the Luftwaffe would win every time.

Sup Forums-approved book related to topic:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Time

>The novels deal with the radical alteration of the history of World War II and the socio-historical changes that result when a technologically advanced naval task force from the year 2021 is accidentally transported back through time to 1942.

Why? The F35 can easily outrun any WWII plane until it's out of visual or radar range.
As if air superiority wars don't have tactics.
>tfw F35 pulls out of visual range heading east over Stalingrad but it's base is actually in Norway.

Assuming the F-35 can't cheat and autoreload in the air it would probably be vulnerable on takeoff and landing. That would be the Luftwaffe's golden opportunity.

I love that movei

I am an expert on the avionics on this aircraft. 2A355B.

It would smash the shit out of every plane it encounters until its ammo or fuel runs out. Obviously.

that piece of shit can barely break supersonic speeds