Uchouten Kazoku

>just chilling out on this nice afternoon with my family and the girl who murdered our dad/was content to eat our mom if things played out, no big deal

Have any of you anons managed to become accustomed to this "it's the tanuki circle of life so who cares" philosophy because I'm still unsettled now matter how many times I rewatch the series

Man and I thought I was the only one who found that a little odd..

This anime is garbage.

>because I'm still unsettled now matter how many times I rewatch the series
How can you be unsettled by this cutie?

When she eats your fucking dad.

Tanuki dads get eaten, that's life.
Some people might keep smoking even though a relative died of cancer, at least Benten can change for the better, (and already has saved Yasaburo's life a few dozen times)

Never. This book series is pure bullshit. Tatami Galaxy was much better.
>author himself said Benten is his "ideal woman"
Literally Benten wank

I also rewatched S1 lately. I remembered frobro's sad phone call and all, but I forgot how much the ruined magistrate election made me laugh before it.
>We're borrowing this tanuki.
>For what?
>Stew.
>That's not borrowing!
Fucking boke.

The best part was when Yaichirou turned into a tiger and Jurojin just stood there yelling at him to shut up for like ten seconds straight.

Yeah but they don't spend their holidays and fall in love with a malignant tumour do they?

If the malignant tumor had a nice personality, they would.

>Soun reacting to Yasaburo giving a chuuni speech
I forgot that he didn't always feel like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Maybe he wouldn't with other characters, but since that time he really detests Yasaburo.

You fags need to understand that not only do tanuki have their own culture, they're an entirely different species from humans. Of course their will be large differences in their very thought processes and emotional reactions. If anything the series does a great job actually conveying this consistently instead of depicting other intelligent, humanoid species as basically just a different human culture like most fantasy series do.

>Akadama was always a manlet
Do wonder he could never get laid and had to resort to stealing someone else's son

>replying to a shitpost as effortless as "It's garbage, the end."
Come on.

I just watched the new episode. Is there any significance in Kaisei turning back into a tanuki before showing herself to Yasaburo, as opposed to showing him her human form?

Because tanuki are their real forms?

Would he still be affected if she were human? Something else? If not, then it might not be such a big deal.

>Would he still be affected if she were human?
He would. In episode 2, her human form is what makes him lose his bear form.

At least best girl Kaisei thinks it's bullshit too

>Would he still be affected if she were human?
Yes, is right.
>Something else?
Not if she's an inanimate object, we know that much.

>If not, then it might not be such a big deal.
I think it is. The presentation of it, with that whole bickering buildup and then the closing narration, screamed "dead end" to me.

Because if you get married you cant fugg in human form?

she really should marry Yajiro. Better pair IMO

>better pair
We haven't even seen them interact, beyond that two-line letter this episode. That said, I think they are probably the end game, so I want some good interactions.

They interact even less than her and Yasaburo.

>screamed "dead end" to me.
IIRC I read on some Nip discussion site that they reinstate the engagement by the end of the novel

this is the best possible end

REMOVE BENTEN.

OK

>Yajiro losing
>best possible end