>in a real club

Curly-kun is:

>bad at what he does
>bad at school
>unsociable
>awkward
>unkempt
>in the lamest club doing the lamest thing possible

What the fuck did she even see in him from the start? How am I supposed to believe this story?

>outgoing
Anything but that though. They're both socially inept as fuck. The only difference is that Akane, due to being good at sports and great looking, being part of the popular girls group who kinda carries her and makes it less obvious what she's like.

Daily reminder: nakadashi episode this Thursday

>Akane
>friendly
>outgoing

The fuck show have you been watching

Damn I can't remember the name of the tomboy. But I sure remember that she's a shit.

She's as shy as him.

Did you even pay attention?

They are comfortable together. That's the point.

Curly-kun is:
>probably smashing the finest Akanecchi's pussy
You are:
>complaining about cartoons

I want Akane to sit on me.

Yeah, you're right. She's not outgoing. But she's better than him. Look at her smile.

>she's better than him
That's not hard when you're a cute girl.

Factually, if this were real life she probably would have dated Hira. However, albeit this show is wish-fulfilment it's not too far-fetched since they managed to tell the story quite nicely.

>What the fuck did she even see in him from the start? How am I supposed to believe this story?
What, did you never have a crush on somebody?

This guy gets it. Hira stands out too much for akane, she's always uncomfortable around him.

Curly was the one who mustered up the courage to approach and befriend Akane and ask her out. Akane hardly does anything and just goes along with the flow of things which is easy for her because of her popularity in sports.

I'm just mad because I keep seeing this touted as some ultra-realistic show when I see essentially nothing likable in the MC. It is, in many respects, realistic, but I can't get over the main point of Akanecchi liking Curly-kun. Like... why. He doesn't stand out. How did she even notice him to begin with?

Honestly, they're both unlikable and boring as fuck. I don't know why I'm still watching this show when I literally do not feel compelled at all to root for them.

Because you're actually gay for hira.

Yeah, basically all of the side characters are better and more interesting. I'm pretty disappointed in the show so far.

>I keep seeing this touted as some ultra-realistic
It's not realistic but it's believable.

>How did she even notice him to begin with?
She met him in the restaurant with her family, talked to him a few times since then and he helped her find her stress reduction toy so she could deal with her autism. Also, she met him by chance when he came from his festival-preparation group. It's all fairly coincidental but believable within its own context.

Akane is a very insecure girl and she was distraught after her fumble in episode 2 which earned her ridicule, then in comes Curly and conveniently says to her "you're fine just the way you are" and boom, she falls in love. It's pretty fucking simple.

>this touted as some ultra-realistic show
What? Who said this shit is realistic? To begin with, anime can't do realistic romance to save its life. Depending on the target audience, it's either loser beta guy with hot chick or plain-looking girl with hot popular guy. Anyone who doesn't live in a basement knows this isn't the norm in real life. Not saying it doesn't happen at all, but it's not the common pattern.

Are you some kind of autismal?
You hardly need a reason to like someone during puberty.

>You hardly need a reason to like someone during puberty.
Pro-tip: you don't need a 'reason' to like someone later either, because 'liking' someone is something completely subconscious rather than a rational decision. If people fell in love based on reason alone the world would be a different place and you'd likely find a lot less battered housewives.

>realistic
It's realistic in the sense that events flow plausibly in the fictional world. It's not realistic in the sense that this is how the real world works. It's idealistic and that's a good thing

>>bad at what he does
Frontrunner at the festival and is talented enough to be offered a job as an LN author at the age of 15. Seems to me like he's the exact opposite of bad at what he does and Akane agrees with me on that one.
>>bad at school
By standards we don't know. He migh very well be average but simply has his parents tell him that he needs all As.
>>unsociable
Seems pretty sociable to me when talking to his friends or Chinatsu. Didn't have a problem asking the slut squad about Akane either.
>>awkward
Only around the person he has a crush on, the same way she does behave awkwardly around him.
>>unkempt
Not showering every mornin is fairly normal at that age.
>>in the lamest club doing the lamest thing possible
Most subjective shit in existence. Doesn't seem like Akane thinks his writing his lame.

On top of that he's caring, sure a he'll not below average in looks, introvert like her and willing to somewhat make the first move all the time. If anything you should ask how she could possibly fall in love with anyone else when he's been shown as one, if not the only character who truly treats her well an with respect while also understanding how she feels most of the time. Quite frankly, I think you're fucking retarded for even questioning their affection for eachother.

>talented enough to be offered a job as an LN author
You're one of the few who read that scene right.
>Not showering every mornin
Showering in the morning doesn't seem like something most Nips do anyway.

I'm probably one of the most boring human beings possible. I only enjoy doujinshi and chinese cartoons and detest being around other people.
Even with all that I still had 3 shallow bitches all over my cock in highschool because I'm good looking.
So how is akanecchi being attracted to curly unrealistic again? They're both good looking autists.

I thought curly's supposed to be plain-looking. It's hard to tell with these character designs though.

I want to sexually FUCK Akanecchi!

Just imagine how firm her butt must be from all that running.

>middle schooler
Would maybe look in her direction in 6 years desu.

How would you go about non-sexually fucking someone in the first place?

>talented enough to be offered a job as an LN author
I hope you're being ironic

Very carefully.

>bad at what he does
Stopped reading there. He is confirmed to have what it takes to be a published light novel author and he's only in middle school.

Curly-kun is interesting though, more so than hirai, plus curly-kun had the balls to ask out akane, where hirai didnt. And almost all those things you listed for akane hold true for almost any cute girl in school.

>Outgoing
We're we watching the same show? She outright states she gets nervous in front of people unless she's running, I mean she needs her squeezie to even talk to curly-kun. Even meeting him at the restaurant gave her anxiety.

There's nothing too outlandish or wish fufillment about it, something similar is probably happening right now. Also I like the fact they had trouble talking in real life, but no problem online, a lot better than every romance in the last decade. Nothing paranormal, nothing outlandish, parents actually exist, etc. I hope more shows like this will come out, but nips love that 20 episode of tsundere bullshit, so I doubt it will

>hey kid you're so fucking bad at writing that I'd like invite you to a meeting out of the goodness of my heart and would like you to write LNs instead of actual literature, I don't have an agenda her at all. Oh and because you're that shit ill also give you 30 books so you can get some inspiration so let me know if you, the hack without talent, has an interest in writing for me
How anyone could misunderstand what the fuck that guy wanted to accomplish when he shit talked Kota like that is beyond me. But I guess it doesn't come as a surprise that anime plotline are dumbed down on a seasonal basis if the viewers can't even understand such transparent behavior anymore.

>inb4 anyone can write LNs

>>inb4 anyone can write LNs
It's true though.

You can't even read them though.

>

This show is giving me all kind of feels.
I miss being young and shy. Everything was new, everything was exhilarating. Now it's just bleak.

Same.

I'd say it's realistic, nothing unbelievable has happened so far. Not everyone wants curly-kuns dick, Akene wasn't even completely sure she liked him, and it took chinatsu a few episodes to develop a crush on him, and neither of the mcs are extremely popular, Akene hangs out with the popular kids, but doesn't fit in with them, she's really only there because of her running

>An anime where a relationship actually progresses
Why didn't you guys tell me I was missing the best show of the season?

When anons use selfinsert I think of this as the definition.

Curly-kun is literally me

>I'd say it's realistic
To each their own, I guess. Seems like anime romance to me. Not completely unbelievable, but definitely not realistic.

Akane a shit

chinatsu is way better

>he doesn't stand out
in the first scene of the first episode, isn't akane just staring at the mc while her friends talk about class? some 'fated to be' shit

akane is a shit. curly-kun should fuck chinatsu

>I don't know why I'm still watching this show
For best girl, I hope

Or both so the show can stop pretending is not your run of the mill wish fulfilment thing.

She's not only best girl, but also the voice that sings the wonderful OP/ED songs.

This is why I started this thread, because she's shown as having an interest in him from the very start, with no reasoning. It just is. That's what's annoying me about it.

Akane's very outgoing and talkative friends seem surprisingly okay with keeping around someone who is very guarded and secretive and never reciprocated a friendly gesture. If her friends are just vain and only keep her around for status then the show has yet to explore the repurcussions of that. Things are going way too easy for someone with Akane's attitude.

but he's right

light novels pay way more

why not pump out some?

Chishitsu pls

>Making Money, assimilating into society and curly hair are popping up in more and more anime

I wonder who could be behind this.

Naobou always voices best girls, how does she do it?

moot?

Who?

Well we did hear someone talking shit about her after she fell during her race, though we don't exactly know who that was. Also Chinatsu seems to be her only real friend out of that whole group, it's not uncommon for one person in a group to only be there for one or two people. For the life of me, I can't remember what anime I watched that actually explored that concept, though.

Well, when the only other options we have are supernatural shit, dense MCs, MCs surrounded by 20 girls who want his dick, or beta gets alpha, this may as well be an award winning nat geo nature documentary. I may just be blinded by the fact its incredibly refreshing and lacks the standard bullshit such as firework confessions not being heard, 20 episodes of "eeeehhh i dont dislike him!" and whatnot.

Can they just release the OST already so I can listen to the piano/instrumental version of the ED on loop?

>friendly
>outgoing
"Please don't tell anyone at school I saw you at this restaurant because HAZUKASHI"

CLOSURE'D

ENKOU

>Well we did hear someone talking shit about her after she fell during her race, though we don't exactly know who that was.

It wasn't her friends. I didn't know it at first but it's clear to me now that the only purpose of that scene was to highlight the height of weakness and vulnerability in Akane's character to give the perfect moment for Curly to swoop in and be the hero. People overestimate the meanings behind the little events in the show.

>Also Chinatsu seems to be her only real friend out of that whole group

Chinatsu isn't part of that group and that official diagram showing the character relationships in the show makes that clear.

>Well, when the only other options we have are supernatural shit, dense MCs, MCs surrounded by 20 girls who want his dick, or beta gets alpha, this may as well be an award winning nat geo nature documentary

12-Sai is a recent anime that didn't have any of that. Sukitte Ii Na Yo is a few years old and is the same. I would guess that there are many others. This isn't the groundbreaking anime that you think it is.

Ok lads, what happens if, now hear me out, what happens if the show does a 180, has curly-kun and akene break up, without even much happening in their relationship, as what often happens with middle schoolers, and has them go on to dating other characters before showing them growing up to live complete and healthy adult lives despite not ever happening a true love at first site?

Will the otaku riot? Will studio feel burn down? Will the director be lynched in the street? Will amazon have a permanent 1 star review on this series?

> implying sukitte ii na yo isn't literally beta girl gets alpha boy

Don't worry. I've had a "book flight to koganei" tab open ever since e2. The place will burn if they fuck this up.

If this happened it would literally make me angrier than anything that has ever happened in anime before. It would be worse than anything.

I can't even fathom.

>Sukitte Ii Na Yo

Mei isn't the fluffy stereotypical beta, she's actually antisocial and rude, has a history of trauma and all the negative things that goes along with that.

Akane is the stereotypical harmless and cute beta who gets Curly who is conveniently alpha at the right moments (because being too alpha would make him popular and remove that seductively mysertious aspect of his character). It's more wish-fulfillment than most romance.

why does sensei wear a choker?

I would actually really like this, I think.

This is why I voted for trump.
Nuking is the only solution for that faggotry.

I'll eat my shit if this happens.

>All these people calling this anime shit

Fuck you it's easily AotS.

In an entire industry that consists of countless harems, accidental upskirts, conveniently absent parents, walking in on changing girls, completely average highschoolers doing unnatural things, neets who somehow attract the best members of the opposite sex, and important people who are conveniently otaku, you consider this show to be more wish fulfillment than most?

Cmon now. I mean you're free to not like it, but lets not bullshit one another.

It's not shit, it's just not nearly as good as people who don't watch or read any shoujo or josei seem to think it is.

Are you fucking kidding me? I've read plenty of both and this anime blows 90% of them out of the water. Both rely mostly on MISUNDERSTANDINGS to create drama that drags on for large chunks of the series. Here we have a middle school couple doing their best to communicate and have a relationship and it's fucking adorable.

Come on user, anybody who's enjoying Tsuki ga Kirei has probably read plenty of shoujo manga in their time.

I don't read shoujo manga

Akane is cute but she's way too timid and is far too willing to let things pass her by because she's afraid of how other's might see her. Curly is shy too but he's trying so hard it's difficult not to find him endearing. He's awkward as hell but he's putting himself out there for her.

It's cute.

It goes without saying that harems are wish-fulfillment and I don't waste my time with them nor consider them the same genre as romance.

Most of the other shit you cited are really just superficial things and mean little when it comes to wish-fulfillment. The more deeply rooted wish-fulfillment of a show is when a character's faults are presented as innocuous or cute and when they get everything they want without having to address those faults. Akane's shyness is presented as cute (the fluffy toy) and nevertheless she gets to be in the popular girls' group even if she refuses to engage with them and integrate with their culture. Her inability to express herself leads to complications but not ones that cause her to need to improve herself, but only to lead Curly to have to prove his heroism and love for her. It's wish-fulfillment for antisocial girls who want things both ways, they want to be popular but they don't want to be social, they want a bold hero but one that is also as awkward as they are.

Yeah, like, if someone normally watches harems or shounen rom-coms of course you'd be impressed with this. That doesn't make it good.

But here's the thing – it's not as though Curly-kun is exactly a 'catch', so I don't really buy Akane as a self-insert. If anything, I feel like Curly is the self-insert (though I completely agree with you on the other points regarding Akane's character).

Same here. I don't get why they added it. They would have met in class and had to talk to each other anyways. The way it is now makes it seem like Akane had a plan of her own. That seems dumb because the guy has been more active in keeping their relationship up. Also, she wanted to talk to him more after his confession so what was that romantic gaze in the beginning? When something is as simple as this show, the little things are disproportionately annoying

Thank god I'm not the only one who feels this way. I completely agree with your entire post, I was very put off by all of that.

I thought this was just because she'd never seen him before, since the show description states they've never had a class together. Also is that when she notices his bed head? I forget.

homewreckers btfo

What if she was the self-insert?

Unrealistic, user wouldn't even get as far as Chinatsu.

stop posting Akane

donut bully

You can medically fuck someone.

>likes someone who likes someone else
>cries a lot
>useless, can't even put on a bandage right

shes just the average user

Chinatsu actually managed to talk to Curly-kun and leave an impression on him.

an impression that shes useless